Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Re: Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Post by Kishido » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:01 am

Why was Beerus surprised by the cloning move? Piccolo did the same before and even during U6 arc.

Well why hasn't used it helped Tien with clones as well?

Hell even Krillin can use it and he talked like it was a big deal

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:05 am

Kishido wrote:Why was Beerus surprised by the cloning move? Piccolo did the same before and even during U6 arc.

What Piccolo did is a bit different from the Multi-Form Technique, as those weren't actually physical clones, they were just after-images that have no discernible mass.

What Tenshinhan did was actually create physical duplicates with splits of his own power between them that can physically interact with things.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:10 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Kishido wrote:Why was Beerus surprised by the cloning move? Piccolo did the same before and even during U6 arc.

What Piccolo did is a bit different from the Multi-Form Technique, as those weren't actually physical clones, they were just after-images that have no discernible mass.

What Tenshinhan did was actually create physical duplicates with splits of his own power between them that can physically interact with things.
Wrong he used clones before for training and even together with Krillin in the Saiyan saga

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:15 am

Kishido wrote:

Wrong he used clones before for training and even together with Krillin in the Saiyan saga
Not wrong. You mentioned the tournament between Universe 6 and 7. He didn't use the Multi-Form Technique during that tournament, but some kind of After-Image that isn't based on speed and works "like" the Multi-Form but isn't actually the Multi-Form, since he made A LOT more clones that simply disappeared when attacked and didn't do anything besides serve as a distraction for Piccolo to confuse Frost.

Tenshinhan just used the regular Multi-Form Technique to create actual PHYSICAL clones that PHYSICALLY do things.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:23 am

Kishido wrote:

Not wrong. You mentioned the tournament between Universe 6 and 7. He didn't use the Multi-Form Technique during that tournament, but some kind of After-Image that isn't based on speed and works "like" the Multi-Form but isn't actually the Multi-Form, since he made A LOT more clones that simply disappeared when attacked and didn't do anything besides serve as a distraction for Piccolo to confuse Frost.

Tenshinhan just used the regular Multi-Form Technique to create actual PHYSICAL clones that PHYSICALLY do things.
True my bad. Sorry

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:26 am

DainIronfoot wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:I found the clones thing forced for one particular: we saw three clones being shot, and the one who is supposed to be the real Tien surviving and approaching the sniper, but the writers could have let the true Tien on the ring and the clones take care of the sniper, or let one of the clones on the ring to keep fighting, does them disappear after a certain time?

And I'm starting to find all those Piccolo saves pleasing like a punch in the nuts, stop them once for all dammit, give Greenie a badass role or let him fuck off with Krillin and Tien right now
I'm hopeful Piccolo will come into more play later on with the U6 Nameks. However, due to Tien going out before coming into interactions with the hidden U4 which he himself was the only one who detected them, I'm going to be cautious in regards to our Namek. He better not have lost too much stamina having to regain 3 arms :[. Poor Piccolo...

As for MrBlackFox, I too would of loved if that was the case. It would of been cool if while the clones were running it shows them fly off on their own or something and cuts off. Then we see a clone cornering Harmira and the same events happen, only to reveal that clone disappearing and Tien remaining on stage. That would of made me go "Got em!".
The arm thing was almost certainly just Toei so he shpuld be normal going forward. The difference between Piccolo and Namekians and Tien with the bugs is that there is a connection between them due to them being Namekians and 1 looks exactly like him apart from his colour I think.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:40 am

Am I the only one who thinks Prum and Hermila seemed too random for Team Universe 2?

It only now just hit me, but they have no synergy with their team at all. When we first see these two, they're in shades standing behind the "main" team.

Even Helles didn't get a single scene of caring about their powers or disqualification, if I remember correctly (at least she didn't get to reuse her pose again :lol: )

Did they just include these two seemingly random monsters for the sake of it? Everyone else from U2 cheered for the Kamikaze Girls when they were transforming, except for these two too.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:12 am

This thread has been updated to reflect today's episode

Only 36 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

For those interested, I have also added a field to the original post reflecting the following;

Tournament of Power Elimination Rules:

[spoiler]A Breakdown of the Rules is As Follows:

I've put this segment together as folks seem to be having difficulty determining what is and isn't counted as an elimination for certain characters.

Why does Goku have the elimination when Nink threw himself off the stage :think:

Why does Frieza only have one elimination and not two? :problem:

Why doesn't Krillin have three eliminations?! :evil:

I'm hoping this tag clarifies those questions for you. As more eliminations take place and more confusion is raised, more rules will be outlined below;

1. Standard Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a standard single elimination. In this video, we see Basil eliminate Lilibeu. Basil gets 1 Elimination Point
2. A Character Uses An Energy Increase To Gain An Elimination: This video shows a perfect example of a character gaining an elimination because of the shockwave caused by powering up. For example, Goku powers up to Super Saiyan Blue, breaking the hold Nink has him in and forcing Nink off the stage. Goku gets 1 Elimination Point.
3. Multi-Elimination: This video shows us a perfect example of multiple characters gaining multiple elimination points, or a combination thereof. In the aforementioned example, Goku and Vegeta both eliminate the Trio de Dangers, and therefore Goku gains 3 Elimination Points, and Vegeta gains 3 Elimination Points. In the case where Master Roshi and Tien Shinhan both eliminated The Preecho with a combination of Lightning Flash Surprise Attack and Neo Tri-Beam, both competitors gained 1 Elimination Point Each. This video shows Vegeta eliminating Prum and Dr Rota, so Vegeta gains 2 Elimination Points.
4. Self-Elimination: This video (from 45 seconds in) shows us Roselle eliminating himself following torture and elimination from Frieza. As Roselle makes the decision to run off the battle stage and Frieza does not push or knock or hit or blast him off, Frieza does not gain an Elimination Point because he did not physically knock Roselle off the fighting stage
5. Assisted Elimination: This video is an excellent example of an assisted elimination. As you can see, despite two competitors working in tandem to eliminate Shosa, #18 is the competitor that makes the final blow that finally eliminates him. Therefore #18 gains 1 Elimination Point, and Krillin does not.
6. Double Elimination: This video shows us Hermila first eliminating a Tien Shinhan multi-form (25% of Tien Shinhan's being), followed by the tri-clops himself grabbing Hermila and eliminating Hermila, in tandem with Hermila eliminating Tien Shinhan. As both characters eliminated each other almost simultaneously, both characters get 1 Elimination Point.[/spoiler]

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:16 am

Cetra wrote:I was hoping for Tenshinhan to be clever and not fall next to the sniper but use the sniper's body while falling as "ground" to jump back into the arena. But no. He fell down next to him, talking.

I see no reason for Tenshinhan to have been included and Yamcha not. Now that makes it even more obvious.
I 100% agree with this.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:20 am

But why do they call him Doctor?

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:23 am

A very fun episode. I enjoyed how Tien lost. He took someone down with him. The part with throwing parts of the arena was funny.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:31 am

The Next episode is called "Revenge F." Are they implying Freeza is betraying the team and joins Frost?
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:32 am

successoroffate wrote:The Next episode is called "Revenge F." Are they implying Freeza is betraying the team and joins Frost?
They've already agreed to team up. I figure it's probably Frost getting revenge on Vegeta for his humiliating defeat during the last tournament arc.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:35 am

successoroffate wrote:The Next episode is called "Revenge F." Are they implying Freeza is betraying the team and joins Frost?
That or Frost is getting his revenge by taking out Vegeta. (maybe with some help from Freeza from the shadows)

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:38 am

No, its just a play on Frost trying to get his revenge.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:06 am

Christ are the dynamics played out, can we PLEASE pair people off in combos that aren't Goku & Vegeta and Piccolo & Gohan, please? They're so tired and repetitive and Christ did my teeth hurt from grinding so hard at ANOTHER Piccolo sacrificing himself for Gohan's survial bit.

Also, Tien, you saw the feet Kamehameha, use it to propel yourself back up. Seriously, why's not one flying around Iron Man style here?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:12 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Christ are the dynamics played out, can we PLEASE pair people off in combos that aren't Goku & Vegeta and Piccolo & Gohan, please? They're so tired and repetitive and Christ did my teeth hurt from grinding so hard at ANOTHER Piccolo sacrificing himself for Gohan's survial bit.

Also, Tien, you saw the feet Kamehameha, use it to propel yourself back up. Seriously, why's not one flying around Iron Man style here?
or why he didn't propel himself with the kihono like a rocket jump,considering that technique has a huge knockback
    Rewatched the episode & my opinion didn't change at the slightest, the pacing was off with no flow & Tien just took down one guy,couldn't he took the duo or at least rota & gohan is just pathetic, piccolo is the leader here.Suck this episodes had good ideas, the first half was really good sadly the second half didn't impressed me aside from cool scene that will be forgotten by everyone
      106 wasn't bad by any mean,is far from the worst one,just wish they planned this better
      Last edited by The gr on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
      Mostly active on discord.

Lord Beerus
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:14 am

Doctor. wrote:But why do they call him Doctor?
      I'm sure you already know the answer to that. :wink:

Lionel
      I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 am

I'm part of the contingent of fans who thought the episode was decent overall. The first half displayed some original abilities and combat dynamics that you don't customarily seen in Dragon Ball. Yes, Ki reflection isn't unheard of, but the more subdued squirrelly tension that comes with being in the crosshairs of someone whom you don't know the location of and is picking you off from afar doesn't have any comparable precedents for Dragon Ball, I think. Prum and Hermila showed impressive cooperation by taking advantage of each other's combat attributes to pin down Team Universe 7. It also brought out the strategic analytical aspect of Piccolo's demeanour -- extending his appendage to ascertain where the sniper's projectiles are coming from, using the smoked debris of a devastated terrain piece to relocate elsewhere, uncovering the thermal mechanics of Prum's reflective sphere apparatuses, and using said mechanics to disorientate Prum so that he's unable to accurately pinpoint their location. Piccolo's tactical mindset was on full display with this episode and it was exemplary.

With all of that said, the episode certainly did have its shortcomings. I agree with the others who felt Gohan's outing this episode was disappointing; he's supposed to be the team coordinator who analyses the situation and devises tactics on how to proceed. Throughout this episode he was haplessly devoid of any such meritorious traits. Instead the burden of playing the strategist fell on Piccolo's shoulders while Gohan was artificially thrusted into this neophytic quasi-damsel in distress role who needed to be rescued and steered along by someone who would technically classify as a subordinate. I saw very little value in diminishing Gohan's competency like this. We're supposed to be perceive him as being one of the more intelligent fighters of U7; meandering about having to follow in someone else's lead doesn't help with reinforcing that impression. Sure, the studio was able to flaunt with regulatory standards by having Piccolo gush lime green fluid from his severed stumps, but at the same time I feel like Piccolo's regenerative attributes were being a tad misspoken in their drainage costs. By the time of the Buu arc Piccolo seemed to be capable of regenerating liberally without much stamina depletion noted. Keep in mind that he regenerated his entire body, not just a few limbs. We didn't see any heavy exhalations or perspiring due to exertion.

Goku and Vegeta's inclusion was unnecessary, in my opinion. I feel Gohan and Piccolo should have been the ones to eliminate Prum while Tenshinhan contended with Hermila. On that note, I feel it necessary to bring up the impracticality of Tenshinhan's tactics. The Multi-Form technique poses too much of a self-detriment for it to be effectively used in this context, I feel. Tenshinhan had various approaches he could have taken, one of which would have involved him sprouting Shiyoken limbs then putting on display some of his replicative Mimicry talent by recalling the Hasshuken and improving upon it by creating what might have been something like twelve limbs from an outward glance. Such rapidity would have sufficed in hopefully repelling the projectiles. Want to put Tenshinhan's talent and skill on display? Something like this while he battles Hermila in hand-to-hand could have been the optimal scenario. It also would have made for a good callback to the original Dragon Ball with Tenshinhan having incorporated the ability Goku used to counter his Shiyoken. But instead of this possible example of ingenuity, we have to see Tenshinhan overuse an ability that's allegedly detrimental to the person's longevity and can kill due to its destructive power while falling into the same trappings of overconfidently "dropping his guard" like so many others around him are guilty of doing. Why? To get his participation out of the way since his fans were tossed some scraps. Some creative liberties have to taken so that he neglects to remember that he can use the propulsive elements of his Ki to launch himself back onto the ring.

Having Goku appear in the last episode proved satisfactory because it brandished a side of his characterisation that we don't normally see, this episode fell back onto the standard caricatural battle-loving ne're do well we all know and oftentimes don't care too much for. I can't tell you how part of me was wishing to see Vegeta's nerves, muscles and skin charred all the way to the mouth; just to throw his pretentiousness back in his face with criticising U2's tactics in this episode when he's guilty of perpetrating them himself back on Namek. The projectiles had enough kinetic energy to dismember Piccolo, why couldn't the same apply to Vegeta's cheek, even if it was just glanced? Make someone who isn't Piccolo susceptible to physical body impairment for a change. Vegeta didn't deserve to be the one who eliminates Hermila; his pompous condescension towards anyone that isn't a front line wrecking ball like himself is really starting to get on my nerves. I do hope that he somehow gets eliminated next episode because I feel it would serve him well to have his substandard expectations shattered as he falls out of bounds.

Dr Rota being turned into a meritless gag for shenanigans' sake was also another letdown of this episode. The good doctor was about the only fighter in Universe 6 whom we had no preconceptions or understanding of what his abilities would be like; this episode completely dashed our hopes for him to something noteworthy just so he could be used as a gimmicky gag-piece like Yamcha coincidentally fighting the strongest of each tournament in classic DB and being eliminated in the first round. I can only hope next episode proves to be more rewarding for the players involved. Maji=Kayo looks to be gearing himself up for a showdown with Jiren and Dyspo. It'll inevitably result in his defeat, but if he can force Jiren to exert himself a bit then he will have proved himself capable in his own right. The bigger attraction is what Frost will be up to. It's been many episodes since we last saw him. The studio appears to be putting up front and centre for 106. Roshi uses the Mafuba yet it's Frost who is emanating the characteristic aura of the sealing technique's user. Could he have observed Roshi using it and successfully replicated it like how Freeza was able to mimic Krillin's Kienzan as he was battling Goku? It wouldn't surprise me at this point. We could be witnessing another reverse Mafuba situation or Frost performing his own Mafuba that results in Roshi or Vegeta being eliminated.

kinisking
      I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:22 am

Toei really tries hard to push the student teacher relationship between Piccolo and Gohan but they end up making both of them look bad. Gohan gets dumbed down when he's with piccolo, and Piccolo ends up becoming nothing more than a meat shield or hypeman.
      Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
      Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
      I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.