Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:36 am

This episode was ok & kinda boring,fake tension continue with Gohan vs Jimizu, just why 99% of contestants are weakling & freeza dominating Jimizu felt rushed but it was cool on how freeza got rid of him & I liked Bollaleta here
    The fight themselves we're not that good or bad,is just in the middle and the freeza scene where he betrayed Frost is a mixed bag,i liked it because it shows how awesome freeza is & Gohan was clever to follow this act, making him at least an intelligent fighter on the other hand I hated it because it made Frost a chump and i saw this betrayal the moment when they start interacting, through his Erasure early on was unpredictable
      Overall not The greatest episode and is far from the worst one, freeza continue to be the most entertaining character here sadly frost character arc was rushed
      Last edited by The gr on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
      Mostly active on discord.

Nickolaidas
      Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:58 am

julianix wrote:Wait why do people think 100% freeza is slow? At no point did 100% Freeza get slower; what it does is drain stamina rapidly which is a weakness that's why he doesn't do it.

I still hate that frost got erased... he needs to come back and then good once and for all.
      Didn't Cell specifically called Trunks on that (less dexterity if bulky)? Or do I not recall correctly?

BlueBasilisk
      I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:02 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
      julianix wrote:Wait why do people think 100% freeza is slow? At no point did 100% Freeza get slower; what it does is drain stamina rapidly which is a weakness that's why he doesn't do it.

I still hate that frost got erased... he needs to come back and then good once and for all.
      Didn't Cell specifically called Trunks on that (less dexterity if bulky)? Or do I not recall correctly?
      He did, but 100% Full Power Frieza was never noted to have lost speed. If anything he appears to have gotten faster.

Draconic
      I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:05 am

Well, this was pretty bad. Poor pacing, poor fights...

Getting Frost erased just as he became intresting and started to get out of Freeza's shadow is certainly a big fucking waste.

The Gohan/Freeza fake out would be interesting, if it was even halfway needed, but since Frost is so far below either of them it comes out as forced. Not to mention constantly remind us that Freeza is a wild card... We know! Let's do something worthwhile with it!

At least it gives us an idea of how things might turn up if Freeza wins the Super Dragon Balls, with killing the gods and all. Simple but sensible plan.

Best part was Jimize's tourturing. Kinda tame for what we're used to from Freeza, but I hate the character so much I was loving every bit of his pain.
      I kinda liked seeing Frost's bulky form too, but I wasn't feeling the art, at least until the scene in the stands where it looked nice.

Yeah... That's basically it. Least favorite episode of the Tournament so far. Everything looks hype about the special, but this episode left a big hole into what can be thought about for a while. And two weeks of nothing... Meh... Very poor lead-in.

Oh... Goku faught Ribrianne in this episode. Except keeping Goku busy for the last two episodes, it serves no purpose.
      Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

kinisking
      I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:39 am

Came in expecting this to be a Gohan episode, but it was really a Freeza episode. I kind of like how it added to the unpredictability of Freeza. I'm a little dissapointed Frost is out. He kind of grew on me and I might actually like him more than Freeza.

Only thing that's weird was Gohan holding back against Jimeze... Why ? No stamina cost and it's not like he enjoys the challenge like Goku and Vegeta.
      Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
      Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
      I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Spider-Man
      Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:43 am

An ok Episode

The Good

-Bollaleta was pretty cool

-Frieza was actually entertaining In this episode Also his fight with gohan was good.

-I really like the scene of Zeno erased Frost.

-The Bad

-Seriously why every single character is a weakling like Gohan could have eliminated Jimeze, it just fake tension.

-Frost and Jimeze we're wasted especially Frost,I want to see more of him.
        Final Verdict
          Overall this episode was ok through the fight were not that good but Frieza was actually entertaining and I hope the special delivery us a good fight.
          Last edited by Spider-Man on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asura
          I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:44 am

So can anyone actually explain why this whole elaborate plan between Freeza and Gohan was even necessary? If it was just a lesson about not trusting someone Freeza could have just turned around at any moment and shot him into the abyss.

Is there even an explanation? It gives a "Okay that looked cool but what was the point?" reaction, which I would honestly say describes Super in its near entirety.

Dragon Ball "What was the point of that?" Super. I don't even feel like Z has many moments like that. With every fight the characters went through, there was a purpose for their fight or a reason for why they were doing what they were doing. With Super I have to constantly question why or how things are happening. How did Gohan get separated from Piccolo? Why is Gohan refusing to transform? We all know Goku loves a fight which is why he's always staying in base, but there was zero explanation or reasoning why Gohan couldn't have just transformed. I guess you could call it fake tension but I'd just call it Gohan getting his ass literally handed to him and taking major damage for. no. reason. In fact, aside from Roshi it seems like Gohan has taken the most damage in the tournament so far on U7, and he hasn't even done anything yet.

What was the point of Goku and Vegeta throwing rocks at that sniper reflector blob instead of punching him? There was none. What was the point of Caulifla getting her ass kicked in base form, so bad in fact that her and Kale have just been sitting and resting for awhile? Turns out there was none. What was the point of that speech Toppo gave about no justice, only survival? It sure did look cool but ultimately there was no point since him and Dyspo still won't shut the hell up about randomly yelling JUSTICE!

Things just happen in Super without any kind of justification or reasoning behind it, that's one of my big problems in the show and while this arc has yet to approach the critical disaster levels of the Future Trunks arc in regards to shit happening without any justification or reasoning, it still has its fair share of faults which are easily noticeable as moments that look cool, but ultimately what was the point?

Ilikepictures-meh
          Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:52 am

JazzMazz wrote:
          Ilikepictures-meh wrote:Ribrianne once again having an impressive performance, and this fandom still probably has some people doubting how strong she is because they don't like her design or character, despite her looking strong every time she's been on screen.

I would have preferred it if Frost screwed over Frieza instead of how it turned out, but it was entertaining regardless. I'm wondering how Frieza is going to get eliminated and what's going to be his overall fate during the end of this arc.

Also I need to see a Toppo (maybe even with Dyspo) vs Frieza fight before either goes out of bounds.
          I don't think this is the episode to say that Ribrianne had a impressive showing. She was literally beating on base Goku, something that even the lowest of the low tier fighters have been capable of doing in this tournament.

I could totally get behind the fact that she is powerful, her showings against Vegeta and 17 more than prove that, but this episode had a very weak showing on her part.
          She still had an impressive showing because she had Goku in the defensive the entire time and none of Goku attacks affected her in any way, and her previous showings that you mentioned with her playing with Ssj Vegeta, and 17 not being able to take her out proves she was holding back just like Goku was.
          Which is why it's just delusional for anyone to claim she's fodder or weak. (Not saying you, just a general statement for people who can't get over her personality or design making dumb claims that she's weak, when ever since she's transformed she's never looked weak or in a bad light in battle)

The gr
          I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:54 am

Asura wrote:. What was the point of that speech Toppo gave about no justice, only survival? It sure did look cool but ultimately there was no point since him and Dyspo still won't shut the hell up about randomly yelling JUSTICE!
          OMG I forgot about this, there's literally no point of that speech If they still are yelling justice, there is no consistency in this tournament, narratively or power scaling wise,it could have been interesting to see toppo agressive instead he is still the same guy.Man they are threating toppo badly
          Mostly active on discord.

Lord Frieza
          I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Asura wrote:So can anyone actually explain why this whole elaborate plan between Freeza and Gohan was even necessary? If it was just a lesson about not trusting someone Freeza could have just turned around at any moment and shot him into the abyss.

Is there even an explanation? It gives a "Okay that looked cool but what was the point?" reaction, which I would honestly say describes Super in its near entirety.

Dragon Ball "What was the point of that?" Super. I don't even feel like Z has many moments like that. With every fight the characters went through, there was a purpose for their fight or a reason for why they were doing what they were doing. With Super I have to constantly question why or how things are happening. How did Gohan get separated from Piccolo? Why is Gohan refusing to transform? We all know Goku loves a fight which is why he's always staying in base, but there was zero explanation or reasoning why Gohan couldn't have just transformed. I guess you could call it fake tension but I'd just call it Gohan getting his ass literally handed to him and taking major damage for. no. reason. In fact, aside from Roshi it seems like Gohan has taken the most damage in the tournament so far on U7, and he hasn't even done anything yet.

What was the point of Goku and Vegeta throwing rocks at that sniper reflector blob instead of punching him? There was none. What was the point of Caulifla getting her ass kicked in base form, so bad in fact that her and Kale have just been sitting and resting for awhile? Turns out there was none. What was the point of that speech Toppo gave about no justice, only survival? It sure did look cool but ultimately there was no point since him and Dyspo still won't shut the hell up about randomly yelling JUSTICE!

Things just happen in Super without any kind of justification or reasoning behind it, that's one of my big problems in the show and while this arc has yet to approach the critical disaster levels of the Future Trunks arc in regards to shit happening without any justification or reasoning, it still has its fair share of faults which are easily noticeable as moments that look cool, but ultimately what was the point?
          Really not that hard to explain.

Frost has proven multiple times to be able to completely drop of the radar throughout the tournament. He can do it so effectively that even SSB Vegeta could not keep track of him when he bolted.

So plan is get Frost to completely drop his guard and also as close as possible which insures that he has zero opportunity to go to ground again and make further nuisance of himself.

fadeddreams5
          Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Frieza and Frost's team-up amounted to absolutely nothing. That's funny and expected.

The writing in this show is so bad, sometimes it baffles me.
          "Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

TheOne
          OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:18 pm

The gr wrote:This episode was ok & kinda boring,fake tension continue with Gohan vs Jimizu, just why 99% of contestants are weakling & freeza dominating Jimizu felt rushed but it was cool on how freeza got rid of him & I liked Bollaleta here
            The fight themselves we're not that good or bad,is just in the middle and the freeza scene where he betrayed Frost is a mixed bag,i liked it because it shows how awesome freeza is & Gohan was clever to follow this act, making him at least an intelligent fighter on the other hand I hated it because it made Frost a chump and i saw this betrayal the moment when they start interacting, through his Erasure early on was unpredictable
              Overall not The greatest episode and is far from the worst one, freeza continue to be the most entertaining character here sadly frost character arc was rushed
              Of course Frieza is going to dominate a lot of people. This is a tournament of WEAKEST UNIVERSES. I don't know why people can't seem to understand that.

Majority of these fighters are weak and there's only a handful of exceptional fighters. If you want to see more exceptional fighters, you'll most likely get them when they go up against the EXEMPT universes and not the ones on the chopping block.
              How i predict the tournament will end:

Kagari
              OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Asura wrote:So can anyone actually explain why this whole elaborate plan between Freeza and Gohan was even necessary? If it was just a lesson about not trusting someone Freeza could have just turned around at any moment and shot him into the abyss.

Except finish off a universe, but I guess that's not important/people seem to be forgetting about that.

Lord Frieza
              I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:25 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Frieza and Frost's team-up amounted to absolutely nothing. That's funny and expected.

It amounted to Frost getting ringed out and erased, something did very much happen.

And as for bad writing, that would only have been the case if Frieza had actually sided with Frost. That act would have put both his personal resurrection, his universe and his very existence at risk by teaming up with someone who is weaker then more the half his team mates, has only really achieved anything with cheap tricks and whos one good plan failed. He he would have done it purely for the tired trop of hateing saiyans.

Sorry but I'll take the rather clever writing that was done in the episode over that.

Son Vegito
              Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Decent episode, not as good as last week, but I enjoyed it. Some scenes were a bit rusty animated, but the special will make up for it.

Torturephile
              Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:42 pm

While watching without subtitles, I thought that Freeza was going to weaken Gohan so Frost could kick him out of the arena.
              Asura wrote:How did Gohan get separated from Piccolo?
              He couldn't find the trail of ripped off arms that led to Piccolo's whereabouts.
              From Super episode 113 thread:
              MaskedRider wrote:
              Torturephile wrote:
              hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
              namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
              The fandom in a nutshell.
              The duality of man.

DainIronfoot
              OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:

Frost has proven multiple times to be able to completely drop of the radar throughout the tournament. He can do it so effectively that even SSB Vegeta could not keep track of him when he bolted.

So plan is get Frost to completely drop his guard and also as close as possible which insures that he has zero opportunity to go to ground again and make further nuisance of himself.

Knowing Freeza, It's probably also the fact that he still HATES Saiyans. While he wasn't fighting too seriously against Gohan, Just fighting him or hitting him even once was probably well worth the trickery to betray Frost. Freeza delights in hurting Saiyans, even if it was only a little bit in this.

Also remember, Frost was weaker than him but still very very sneaky. Frost was too on guard and Freeza knew what to do to stop that. I get the feeling that the moment Frost told Freeza "If should happen to be lying..." while charging a beam, that's the moment Freeza probably thought in his head "Okay, this little amateur is out, screw him".

I personally thought the whole betrayal was done pretty well.

Asura
              I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Kagari wrote:

Except finish off a universe, but I guess that's not important/people seem to be forgetting about that.
              Finish off a universe? Man oh man, talk about exaggerating the truth. He finished off a single guy that happened to be the last guy left in his universe. He also somewhat struggled to do so. Not a single other U7 character aside from Roshi has had a single opponent they've struggled against. Meanwhile that stupid ass robot in this episode was giving him a run for his money. You're making it sound like he single handedly finished the entire universe off by himself by eliminating multiple members.

Lord Frieza wrote:

Freeza has already proven himself to be faster than Instant Transmission. You're telling me there was no way he could have just instantly teleported behind Frost and shot him? That he HAD to go through this convoluted plan or else he wouldn't have been able to eliminate Frost, a character that is hundreds of times weaker than him?

You give Frost way too much credit.

kinisking
              I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Kagari wrote:

Yeah, not really understanding why people are complaining about Gohan's role so far. He beat Botamo, had an interesting fight with Obuni, made up the circle strategy (talk shit all you want, but Piccolo and Roshi thought it was a smart strategy too. If they didn't then they wouldn't have followed along), and saved Krillin.
              Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
              Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
              I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

fadeddreams5
              Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
              fadeddreams5 wrote:Frieza and Frost's team-up amounted to absolutely nothing. That's funny and expected.

It amounted to Frost getting ringed out and erased, something did very much happen.

And as for bad writing, that would only have been the case if Frieza had actually sided with Frost. That act would have put both his personal resurrection, his universe and his very existence at risk by teaming up with someone who is weaker then more the half his team mates, has only really achieved anything with cheap tricks and whos one good plan failed. He he would have done it purely for the tired trop of hateing saiyans.

Sorry but I'll take the rather clever writing that was done in the episode over that.
              There was nothing clever about this. Both Gohan and Frieza were MORE than strong enough to ring out Frost without pulling that charade.

Teaming up with Frost could have benefited him in the long run until his purpose was served. Frost could have been used as an additional pair of eyes, and someone who disposed of lesser foes. Ultimately, their team up had no purpose. It's abysmal writing.
              "Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super