Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:48 pm

My friends told they got a huge spoiler from this episode, but happily I could avoid it and finally I watched this with sub and what I can say is:

- It seemed to me Universe 5 was afraid of the possibility of joining up in the ToP, proving once again that high mortal level ≠ high power level

- Damn, did Gohan was seriously considering to run against that Robot "Bolla" guy? :|

- I think Jimeze would fit just fine if he were from U6 instead of that joke Dr. Rota guy

- Didn't know someone could use the Super DB's to actually kill a God :?

- Man, how Gohan was idiotic in this, mainly talking about his fight with Jimeze? Why hold back? Couldn't he turn 'Mystic' and overcome that guy from the start?

- It also seems 'holding back' is a father-son thing as I don't see why Goku is fighting Ribrianne at base :problem:

- Quite interesting to see the return of 100% Full Power form from Freeza :)

- It wasn't all that unexpected that Frost would be betrayed by Freeza, what really was is what Zeno did after :o

- I mean I could expect that from the Grand Priest, but from Zeno himself? Also Frost was erased for good? Well, not saying I'm gonna miss him, but I felt sorry for the guy

- NEP shows that Goku intends to use the Genkidama against Jiren, but the one million dollars question is: WHERE THE F WILL HE GET ENOUGH ENERGY TO LAUNCH IT?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Also, am I the only one that thought that Freeza's 100% form looked... a bit off? I understand these are different artists and animators from back then but still...

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:53 pm

So did Freeza trick Frost in order to gain trust from his team? Because it seems like he could have easily just beat him.
Or was he wanting to conserve energy or was worried that maybe Frost was holding back and had Golden too?
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Also, am I the only one that thought that Freeza's 100% form looked... a bit off? I understand these are different artists and animators from back then but still...
I thought it looked off. More hunchbacked.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:55 pm

dario03 wrote:So did Freeza trick Frost in order to gain trust from his team? Because it seems like he could have easily just beat him.
Or was he wanting to conserve energy or was worried that maybe Frost was holding back and had Golden too?
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Also, am I the only one that thought that Freeza's 100% form looked... a bit off? I understand these are different artists and animators from back then but still...
Frieza overall looks different than he did on Namek. His face is a lot different, it's close enough that it doesn't bother me much though, there are (few) moments where he looks so different that I can't tell who is Frost and who is Frieza unless they're standing right next to each other.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Shlugo wrote:Man, Gohan got beaten up like a scrub by Jimez. And the Freeza came and smacked him down. Git Gud Gohan.

It's kinda weird how Freeza is suddenly the more cunning than Frost, when up until now it was the other way around.

Frost getting erased was unexpected.

Meanwhile Goku is just messing around instead of fighting seriously.
Honestly, they BOTH where messing around, both Goku and Ribrianne.

Ribrianne has already shown far higher levels then this, so I don't get why they both where nerfed to just fight at base level, just a waste of higher shows I and others know could have been shown. SMH. :problem:
I was hyped for up for Ribrianne to be really strong ever since they had her in the preview fighting Vegeta and the first episode that was mainly about them, but then Android 17 wasted most of them and Ribrianne couldn't really do anything to stop him, or at least didn't try. I don't know what they're doing with her, I thought she would show some better feats by now and even the episode about her wasn't really focused much, I think they're trying to rush quick to the end of the tournament and it kind of feels like that's why she's getting brushed off as just a side character. She might get a better showing somewhere during the Jiren fight but I kind of doubt it. IMO it looks like they're going to end this tournament before December, possibly not long after the hour special.
Last edited by Zagacious on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:57 pm

It was a good episode, not as good as last week's but still good. I think it was a little convoluted for Freeza to trick Frost since he was more powerful. Then again, Freeza probably wanted to make sure he didn't have a Gold form before he could eliminate him. Just to see how easy it would be.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:58 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Was I the only one who was hoping for Frost to transform into Cooler's fifth form? Alas, he got eliminated by Zen-chan instead :(
I was hoping but had no expectation of it actually happening. :( But you know, Frost has nobody to blame but himself for what happened. Hit warned him of the consequences of cheating.
If he had I'd have been shocked.

Frost made it clear during the U6 arc that he didn't use his final form much, I believe he only ever used it once. After that he didn't train, he just spent time roughing in while on the run. His power increase was just from a little hard livining and getting used to his final form overtime due to never powering down. He's done nothing that would unlock a more powerful transformation.

Hell it even funnier when you realise that Frieza was just playing him with that 100% Full Power Form. Frieza had fought at full power without bulking up during RoF.

He had every right to call Frost an amature if the best he can do is that worthless power up, which given Frosts reaction his ether never done or never actually used befor. Also the mock teaching sucked Frost right in, sucker.

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:01 pm

dario03 wrote:So did Freeza trick Frost in order to gain trust from his team? Because it seems like he could have easily just beat him.
The in-universe reason or the out-of-universe reason?

The in-universe reason is likely because it's Freeza; he's a sadist that enjoys messing with people, especially the Saiyans that he despises. He could have just destroyed Frost, but that isn't as fun to him.
The out-of-universe reason is that it's a tool to attempt to create dramatic tension.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Zagacious wrote:Frieza overall looks different than he did on Namek. His face is a lot different, it's close enough that it doesn't bother me much though, there are (few) moments where he looks so different that I can't tell who is Frost and who is Frieza unless they're standing right next to each other.
His facial features are more defined, particularly his nose, cheek bones and brow ridge. That's why he looks so different from his Namek appearance but it's pretty consistent with the way he was drawn in the Buu saga.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:07 pm

Zagacious wrote:
Frieza overall looks different than he did on Namek. His face is a lot different, it's close enough that it doesn't bother me much though, there are (few) moments where he looks so different that I can't tell who is Frost and who is Frieza unless they're standing right next to each other.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Shlugo wrote:Man, Gohan got beaten up like a scrub by Jimez. And the Freeza came and smacked him down. Git Gud Gohan.

It's kinda weird how Freeza is suddenly the more cunning than Frost, when up until now it was the other way around.

Frost getting erased was unexpected.

Meanwhile Goku is just messing around instead of fighting seriously.
Honestly, they BOTH where messing around, both Goku and Ribrianne.

Ribrianne has already shown far higher levels then this, so I don't get why they both where nerfed to just fight at base level, just a waste of higher shows I and others know could have been shown. SMH. :problem:
I was hyped for up for Ribrianne to be really strong ever since they had her in the preview fighting Vegeta and the first episode that was mainly about them, but then Android 17 wasted most of them and Ribrianne couldn't really do anything to stop him, or at least didn't try. I don't know what they're doing with her, I thought she would show some better feats by now and even the episode about her wasn't really focused much, I think they're trying to rush quick to the end of the tournament and it kind of feels like that's why she's getting brushed off as just a side character. She might get a better showing somewhere during the Jiren fight but I kind of doubt it. IMO it looks like they're going to end this tournament before December, possibly not long after the hour special.
Typing this from my iPhone so I am limited please forgive my post limitations.

I honestly would not lose hype about her.

Her fight with Vegeta and 17 Shows she is a force in this.

They just seem to be holding her back right now for reasons, Best guset For the third act to showcase her more. Again don't lose hope or Liking on her yet I truly believe by all of the push and marketing she has gone and she is something very special, just give her time they seem to want that in the story, for her to be special but not yet.

Her pass fights have proven that she is THAT good and this fight just shows they are holding her back for now just give her time and keep enjoying! ;)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:16 pm

I'm super cringed at ribrianne and her love bullshit. Super has finally jumped the shark with this

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:20 pm

Why is everything that goes on in the ring pointed out by the crowd, as though we're too stupid to figure it out? I get this is an anime thing, but I feel it's executed more often here than in DBZ. "Frieza joined Frost!", "Frieza is attempting to do this," "Frieza actually did that!" Like...STFU.

It's still unbelievable to me that they're not letting the characters go all out. Base Goku is fighting Ribrianne. Base Gohan fought the Yadrat guy. Every single fighter in this tournament, outside of Uni 6, 7, and a handful of Uni 11, was written to be incredibly pathetic, which is horrible writing in itself. We're given false tension by having Gohan get unnecessarily beaten up by the Yardrat, only for Frieza to tell him immediately afterwards that he could have gone SSJ to trounce the guy. What is the point of this?

I can't believe Goku is actually going to use a spirit bomb against Jiren. Some guy predicted this in the other thread, and I was saying how silly that would be since Jiren is a good guy, but I'm sure they won't even mention that in the episode. Hell, watch the spirit bomb be half-assedly formed like in the video games. "Guys, I need your energy!" > "K" > *Spirit bomb formed in an instant*
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:26 pm

gohan_black wrote:I'm super cringed at ribrianne and her love bullshit. Super has finally jumped the shark with this
That is what jumped the shark? If Super has ever jumped the shark then it jumped it way before this. The shark is so far behind us it's already retired with 3 grandkids. All hoping to grow up to be the next shark to be jumped over, as is tradition. As much of a tradition as the Straws breaking the backs of camels.

"Oh boy!" Says little sharkie jr. the 3rd. " Maybe I can be the next episode of Dragonball Super! I hope Oolong is an alien demon god of justice!"
Last edited by Boo Machine on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:27 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I can't believe Goku is actually going to use a spirit bomb against Jiren. Some guy predicted this in the other thread, and I was saying how silly that would be since Jiren is a good guy, but I'm sure they won't even mention that in the episode. Hell, watch the spirit bomb be half-assedly formed like in the video games. "Guys, I need your energy!" > "K" > *Spirit bomb formed in an instant*
Okay Planet, gimme that stupid energy!

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:27 pm

The preview has me thinking that Jiren is just using his GoD's power somehow. Maybe he's a vessel

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:27 pm

gohan_black wrote:I'm super cringed at ribrianne and her love bullshit. Super has finally jumped the shark with this
I don't like her personally, but I find it funny people don't get it yet.
Feels over Reals.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:32 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
That is what jumped the shark? If Super has ever jumped the shark then it jumped it way before this. The shark is so far behind us it's already retired with 3 grandkids. All hoping to grow up to be the next shark to be jumped over, as is tradition. As much of a tradition as the Straws breaking the backs of camels.

"Oh boy!" Says little sharkie jr. the 3rd. " Maybe I can be the next episode of Dragonball Super! I hope Oolong is an alien demon god of justice!"
OMG-ROFLOL!!! ~~~ Very clever joke! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
My #1 in DB!

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:33 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote: and I was saying how silly that would be since Jiren is a good guy, but I'm sure they won't even mention that in the episode.
I thought it was just pure of heart that couldn't be hurt by the spirit bomb? I don't know about everyone else, but the only pride trooper that could maybe have a pure heart is Toppo. MAYBE Kasheral with his cat saving self. We know nothing about Jiren. Which is a problem on it's own.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:34 pm

RedHeat wrote:
I don't like her personally, but I find it funny people don't get it yet.
That seems to go around a lot. =\

Her personality has been pretty clear and honestly at this point if you don't like its fine but others like me get it and love what we have seen. But Yeah still surprise this is happening.
My #1 in DB!

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Disappointed as hell that frost got erased.. But at least Freeza is bossing people around again . He's the only character keeping this tournament entertaining besides the suspense with Jiren.

Oh I suppose the Nameks too... hopefully they don't f it up.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Whether this post is supposed to be satire or not is beyond me.