Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Re: Super Episode 108 (24 September 2017)

Post by Kishido » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:44 am

So we will never learn how a Yadrat got to U2?

I thought there would be a but more to it.

Now I have no hopes for the Tuffle as well

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:53 am

King Jacku wrote:I was mainly referring to this line;

"You should have gone Super Saiyan and fought back" - Freeza

Being in danger, would mean that there was a chance that Gohan could've been ringed out by Jimeze. There was a 0% chance Jimeze would've won this fight. In my eyes, a character is not in danger when they can kick it up a notch and take the opponent out at any time, such as when Goku got grabbed by that guy (forgot his name), or when 17 versed that blue chick. I have no doubt in my mind had Freeza not intervened Gohan would've transformed into Super Saiyan and knocked him out, with ease.

What do you think? Do you think Gohan would've sat there and took the blast for no reason, or do you think he would fight back at the last minute?
Ah, so you're essentially referring to the artificial tension, which is something you'll find a lot of us on this board will agree with you about, especially in regards to this episode. When you said "some of you guys don't read subs properly," that was a bit misleading. Bit of miscommunication with your word choice on that one.
Freeza9000 wrote:
Tombstone1988 wrote:This episode coming immediately after last week's great episode was a bad idea. Frost looked amazing as an antagonist last week, but here, pardon my French, he looked like shit. This was a very disappointing way to end off his character arc for this tournament.
This personally felt like a naturally satisfying way to end his character. His ultimate downfall is brought about by being double-crossed by Freeza, someone who he originally trusted and genuinely praised (even went as far as addressing him "senpai"). Considering how he dedicated his life into deceiving the innocents while masquerading his true corrupt self as an honorable hero and responsible for all the lives lost in the wars he secretly caused, this was a cleverly karmic way of delivering retribution.
I think you might've misunderstood what I meant. The idea of Freeza double-crossing him is a fine way to finish him off. However, last episode he was concocting plans to take down the Saiyans and scheming how to earn his freedom back. Then we immediately go to "senpai" mode this episode and the guy known for deception gets duped and erased. It felt like we got a beginning to his arc and an end, but no middle. Basically, his arc felt rushed and left a lot to be desired. Another episode or two of his scheming before Freeza eventually crossed him would've been more fitting, in my opinion.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:00 am

Kishido wrote:So we will never learn how a Yadrat got to U2?

I thought there would be a but more to it.

Now I have no hopes for the Tuffle as well
I would say it was very unlikely we were going to get Jimeze's backstory during a tournament. I would have wanted one myself, but that was right now asking for too much so best bet we will get Jimeze and the Tuufle's backstory in the next arc.

So we wait until then! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:02 am

The episode was bad. Forced tension throughout, Yardratian wasted, underwhelming animation, wasted character arc for Frost and dumb plan on Freeza and Gohan's part.

Freeza was great as usual but that wasn't enough. NEP looks equally as retarded but at least it'll be a spectacle.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:15 am

Doctor. wrote:NEP looks equally as retarded but at least it'll be a spectacle.
How so? There was nothing in that NEP that gave me that kind of reaction. Curious to know why you think that.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:20 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
How so? There was nothing in that NEP that gave me that kind of reaction. Curious to know why you think that.
Continuing with the fake tension by having Goku fight Ribrianne in his base form; the Genkidama in a tournament setting is absolutely retarded for multiple reasons: no time to set it up, who's gonna give him Genki and why, why would Jiren just let him build up Genki, why the hell can Goku even control it in an unstable form like SSBKK20.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:23 am

UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Called it. Bye Frost you worthless example of a univerasl tyrant you. :lol:

Long Live Lord Frieza!!!!! :clap:
Frost is a better character than "lol we brought him back AGAIN" Frieza. What a waste.
But Frost literally is a Freeza rip off, every since the reveal he wasn't a good guy he was essentially Freeza 2.0, I'd much rather have the actual Freeza over that.
Doctor. wrote:
Continuing with the fake tension by having Goku fight Ribrianne in his base form; the Genkidama in a tournament setting is absolutely retarded for multiple reasons: no time to set it up, who's gonna give him Genki and why, why would Jiren just let him build up Genki, why the hell can Goku even control it in an unstable form like SSBKK20.
Or maybe wait for the actual episode instead of expecting the NEP to answer all these? The. Episode. Has. Not. Aired. Yet. Wait. For goodness sakes.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Called it. Bye Frost you worthless example of a univerasl tyrant you. :lol:

Long Live Lord Frieza!!!!! :clap:
Frost is a better character than "lol we brought him back AGAIN" Frieza. What a waste.
But Frost literally is a Freeza rip off, every since the reveal he wasn't a good guy he was essentially Freeza 2.0, I'd much rather have the actual Freeza over that.
Doctor. wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: How so? There was nothing in that NEP that gave me that kind of reaction. Curious to know why you think that.
Or maybe wait for the actual episode instead of expecting the NEP to answer all these? The. Episode. Has. Not. Aired. Yet. Wait. For goodness sakes.
"The NEP looks retarded" =/= "The episode is retarded"

Stop getting outraged for no reason.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:29 am

Doctor. wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Continuing with the fake tension by having Goku fight Ribrianne in his base form; the Genkidama in a tournament setting is absolutely retarded for multiple reasons: no time to set it up, who's gonna give him Genki and why, why would Jiren just let him build up Genki, why the hell can Goku even control it in an unstable form like SSBKK20.

To be fair, you never made any clear-cut indication that it was just the NEP you were venting about.

I tend to misinterpret people saying things like you did the way Baggie_Saiyan did quite often myself.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:29 am

Doctor. wrote:
Ehh, I think the worst is yet to come. Goku's apparently gonna transform over something awful happening and I fully expect it to be undeserved in its entirety. Not the least of which is the fault of Jiren having the appeal of a brick wall.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:31 am

Doctor. wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
UnknownPigWarrior wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Continuing with the fake tension by having Goku fight Ribrianne in his base form; the Genkidama in a tournament setting is absolutely retarded for multiple reasons: no time to set it up, who's gonna give him Genki and why, why would Jiren just let him build up Genki, why the hell can Goku even control it in an unstable form like SSBKK20.

So you're now judging NEP in and of itself? We're you expecting the NEP to answer all those questions for you? You were pre judging the episode. How exactly was a 30 second NEP gonna answer all that for you? What's "retarded" is judging something as controlled as a NEP.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Well that was a bit anti-climactic ending for Frost. Wanted to see more of him and Freeza together, but getting straight on erased without warning was savage!
That's one of the reason i think those caracthers are not going to stay ereased at all.

Neither Gowasu had a proper send-off, i think something is going to happen at the end of the tournament, and the ereased mortals will eventually comeback.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:33 am

I don't see how Frost needed more. The schemer was out schemes. It made sense and fit fine. Frieza never intended on working with him, he laid this trap at the very start.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:39 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
To be fair, you never made any clear-cut indication that it was just the NEP you were venting about.

I tend to misinterpret people saying things like you did the way Baggie_Saiyan did quite often myself.
I literally said "The NEP LOOKS retarded." I made no comment about the episode, I made a comment about what the NEP presented us of the upcoming episode and I didn't even build on that complaint until someone asked me to.

People are too quick to defend Super in response to any negative comment.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So you're now judging NEP in and of itself? We're you expecting the NEP to answer all those questions for you? You were pre judging the episode.
Yes, by judging the information the NEP gave us, which is what everyone does every week. I said the NEP LOOKS (note: not "is") retarded and it does. What do you want me to say? "Oh the information we know about the upcoming episode seems stupid in principle, but I'm sure when the episode drops my opinion of it will be changed." I can't vouch for that last part. I don't know if I'll keep finding it stupid or not, so I won't say it. I talked about the concepts present in the NEP and said they looked stupid; it IS possible to have an opinion on a concept, you realize that? You chose to get angry at a completely normal comment for no reason.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:39 am

Tombstone1988 wrote:Ah, so you're essentially referring to the artificial tension, which is something you'll find a lot of us on this board will agree with you about, especially in regards to this episode. When you said "some of you guys don't read subs properly," that was a bit misleading. Bit of miscommunication with your word choice on that one.
Yeah, my bad. At the time of that post, I was reading REALLY idiotic stuff off other forums, so when I came here I overreacted. Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:41 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: How so? There was nothing in that NEP that gave me that kind of reaction. Curious to know why you think that.
Ehh, I think the worst is yet to come. Goku's apparently gonna transform over something awful happening and I fully expect it to be undeserved in its entirety. Not the least of which is the fault of Jiren having the appeal of a brick wall.
I'm sure the "something terrible" is Goku's transformation itself. They've been building up towards that angle the entire arc, especially in the Exhibition.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 am

Onibaku wrote:
Gohan on the other hand... I don't remember one time this arc has done justice to Gohan. He keeps getting fucked up every time we see him, and in this episode he tried to run away from a robot? Cmon man. But I am sure they're having plans about his role in the next episodes judging the ending song's visual.
You know, considering the nostalgia for 'Z' I'm surprised that some forget the characterisations of these characters.....

Gohan, literally MINUTES ago, saw a universe erased - and he was the one who eliminated the last surviving fighter of that universe. He was the one who stood staring at the locket containing the picture of that man's family and witnessed it vanish, knowing the significance of that. Again - in the timeframe of the ToP - that was mere minutes ago!

Perhaps I'm seeing something that isn't there, but I choose to believe that the consequences of that have had some impact on Gohan which is why he isn't giving it his all.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:16 am

You know what's even better about Frost's elimination by Freeza?

Freeza did THE EXACT SAME THING as Goku did with Caulifla. Frost showed interest in Golden Freeza, like Caulifla's fascination with SSB Goku, and Freeza showed Frost a less advanced way to power up with 100% Full-Power, much like Goku showed Caulifla how to go SS2.

Only difference is that Freeza had malicious intent to make Frost vulnerable and open to attack. AND I LOVED IT!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:23 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:Well that was a bit anti-climactic ending for Frost. Wanted to see more of him and Freeza together, but getting straight on erased without warning was savage!
I have this same impression. Daishinkan could have warned him before he launched the blast too.
Hit warned him in the recruitment episode that he'd be destroyed if he cheated.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:26 am

Wait why do people think 100% freeza is slow? At no point did 100% Freeza get slower; what it does is drain stamina rapidly which is a weakness that's why he doesn't do it.

I still hate that frost got erased... he needs to come back and then good once and for all.