Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:47 pm

Venus wrote:b]Things I dislike about the special:[/b]

1-Ribrianne :x seriously, the first 9 minutes where so annoying to watch, it was pretty good to see her being kicked into oblivion by SSB Goku tough.
2-I find that the Genki Dama should have taken more time to be done.

Next week, Hit vs Jiren, I just hope that this doesn't means the end for Hit yet.
I don't see this being the end of Hit either, he is to important to U6 right now after they lost sadly some of their big guns recently.

Kick Into oblivion seems abit not the cause, he got her blind spot yea, but did not do any damage to her in the least as one can see in the episode. Vegeta, 17, Goku even having to Go Blue, none have damage or made her loss Stamina in the least, so their is allot to say their. Also it took SSJ-Blue just to even with her on that blind spot attack, so Goku Knew it would take at least that much, so got to say that one moment said more then many may think. We will see if or if not, but it is a interesting sign.

Also, again to each their own Cup of Tea, sad it was not your Nice 9 mins, but it was the Best for Fans like me and liked by others, so just a different shade of liking, that is how fandom is, none of us own this franchise, we like what we can get and breeze over the rest. ;)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Metrite wrote:Holy crap! This sensation... this feeling that came over me as I watched the latest episodes... It was amazing! And also somewhat... nostalgic. I enjoyed the whole special, and as I watched I continued to feel more and more like I had been sent through some time warp to over twenty years in the past. I certainly enjoyed it but kept wondering why this all seemed so familiar. Like a feeling I last experienced long ago when Goku first turned ssj. Then we get to the end of the episode where Freeza mentions that this brings back memories of planet Namek, and everything suddenly clicked. Goku fighting an opponent that totally outclasses him, using Kaiouken X20 to no avail, resorting to the Genki Dama, emerging from the rubble to suddenly reach a new form that suddenly made him equal to his godly opponent... This is all exactly what happened back in the Freeza saga! It even has the "one episode equals about one minute" wackiness going on! :lol:

As I watched the part where Goku progressed through forms against Jiren, I started to think that this arc so far has had practically every ssj form except ssj3 which Goku skipped. Somebody needs to turn ssj3 by the end of the tourney so it can be declared the greatest ssj-all-form bargain sale ever... Caulifla!

And the Genki Dama being strong makes sense to me if one considers both of its energy gathering properties. It was explained in its debut that it gathers a little energy from everything from people to inanimate objects involuntarily. It can also draw a lot of energy from a person if they offer it up voluntarily like against Buu. That's why Goku said it wasn't enough after he thanked the fighters from universe 7 (except Vegeta who clearly wants to conserve his strength) that pitched in, and then said that it would take too long to gather enough; he had received his voluntary contribution and now needed to gather it slowly from involuntary contributors. That could get pretty strong considering all the gods and strong fighters sitting around. However, it would take a long time to do, but Goku was lucky enough for Jiren to be a good sport and just wait it out to prove himself.
On a side note, that rumor about the Genki Dama being unable to hurt anybody good needs to go die in a fire. I'm tempted to say that piece of misinformation has gotten even more out of hand than the dumb old "Gohan didn't turn ssj against Buu because the Earth would've blown up" rumor that used to be everywhere. lol
You had me up until you started justifying the strength of the Spirit Bomb.

The Spirit Bomb made absolutely no sense when it came to how strong it was. While you made points about it taking the life from living things around them, they're in a void. Where there's no evidence of life anywhere else besides them.

You said something along the lines of the Spirit Bomb taking the energy from involuntary contributor, which is absolutely not true. Part of the issue in the Buu saga was that nobody was contributing their energy to the Spirit Bomb. Just their family and friends. It required the help of Hercule for the Spirit Bomb to be powerful enough to beat Buu.

Keep in mind that everyone in this tournament (except Frieza and Vegeta) gave their energy to the Spirit Bomb fighting kid Buu. Not only that, but they had Goten and Trunks as well as the entire planet earth give their energy to the absolute maximum. To the point where there was an issue of them being over drained. That was barely enough to beat Buu.

Now you have just U7 contributing to this Spirit Bomb and all of a sudden it's strong enough to cause someone as strong as Jiren to change his facial expression, when the last Spirit Bomb had more contributors to it. It makes absolutely no sense. The only way that would be even remotely possible was if everyone gave up way too much energy. Energy they'd need to to endure the rest of the tournament. Even that's a stretch.

It's bad enough that they tried to play this off like it's consistent. It's even worse when people try to come up with reasons behind such a flaw.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:55 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
TheOne wrote:
The Monkey King wrote: Nah people have just gotten tired of her "Love this", "Love that" and "blah blah maiden" shtick, it's gotten old and boring super quick.

Also take your "fragile masculinity" nonsense back to your Tumblr page and keep it there please.
Disliking Ribrianne has nothing to do with masculinity. I'm pretty sure most people are just tired of her antics and hearing about the power of love and crap like that. If I wanted to see stuff like that, I'd watch sailor moon or Fairy Tale.
I find it interesting, for example, their are characters in Dragon Ball Right now I particular don't like much, but never complain about. Yet for some reason some fans can't stop but have complaints about 1 character our of over 30+. Honestly it seems easy just to say not my cup of tea a move on.

Sorry to hear you don't like her but that is the Breaks, you have to watch characters you many not be found of same as the rest of the Fandom. Everyone has someone they are not found of, but we respect that character cause we know they have fans out their that do. For me, I love the fact I am Finally Seeing a character in Dragon Ball Homage Sailor Moon and Precure, In fact she and her theme is the only reason I am truly back as a dragon ball fan after feeling it was stale for so long.

Just cause she is not your cup of tea does not me she is not the Right and Perfect cup of tea for other. ;)

Each has their own and each should show respect even when they don't completely agree. It is about Peace and Honor to all, same is given to all.
Ribrianne doesn't take away from the series for me. It's like you said, just not my cup of tea. I just disagreed that it was a masculinity thing. I should've communicated that differently.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Now that I think about it, there is a good chance that we are going to see the U6 Namekians soon, because of the upcoming U3 episode, we got a shot of them "fighting?" two of the U3 fighters, so we might get to see them already.

Or maybe Hit loses to Jiren, get's trown out, Champa freaks out, but Vados reminds him of "that" pair, Champa does a sinister smile, and we get a close shot of the U6 Namekians just before the ending.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:07 pm

TheOne wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Disliking Ribrianne has nothing to do with masculinity. I'm pretty sure most people are just tired of her antics and hearing about the power of love and crap like that. If I wanted to see stuff like that, I'd watch sailor moon or Fairy Tale.
I find it interesting, for example, their are characters in Dragon Ball Right now I particular don't like much, but never complain about. Yet for some reason some fans can't stop but have complaints about 1 character our of over 30+. Honestly it seems easy just to say not my cup of tea a move on.

Sorry to hear you don't like her but that is the Breaks, you have to watch characters you many not be found of same as the rest of the Fandom. Everyone has someone they are not found of, but we respect that character cause we know they have fans out their that do. For me, I love the fact I am Finally Seeing a character in Dragon Ball Homage Sailor Moon and Precure, In fact she and her theme is the only reason I am truly back as a dragon ball fan after feeling it was stale for so long.

Just cause she is not your cup of tea does not me she is not the Right and Perfect cup of tea for other. ;)

Each has their own and each should show respect even when they don't completely agree. It is about Peace and Honor to all, same is given to all.
Ribrianne doesn't take away from the series for me. It's like you said, just not my cup of tea. I just disagreed that it was a masculinity thing. I should've communicated that differently.
That is ok, mis-communications do happen, been on that end myself to many times, it is hard to get everything across in the due way you want to in a post, so thanks for clarifity that.

My belief is that every character should like who they choose and be free to do so. But one you don't, as you TheOne Best put it and is indeed how it should be done, a character should not take away anything nor should one long for them to be gone cause they don't fit you. Every character fits a different group of fans, so indeed that respect should always be relevant in our minds and never let any character that is not ours take away from what we enjoy, just hope that one day they can break threw to us in a unique and different way threw development.
My #1 in DB!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Venus wrote:Now that I think about it, there is a good chance that we are going to see the U6 Namekians soon, because of the upcoming U3 episode, we got a shot of them "fighting?" two of the U3 fighters, so we might get to see them already.

Or maybe Hit loses to Jiren, get's trown out, Champa freaks out, but Vados reminds him of "that" pair, Champa does a sinister smile, and we get a close shot of the U6 Namekians just before the ending.
That would be an interesting way in making the U6 Namekians a force to be Impressive in this, I would greatly enjoy that! Still hope Hit does not have to get ringed out but it be nice for the U6 Namekians to get an impressive intro none the less. ;)
My #1 in DB!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Venus wrote: 2-I find that the Genki Dama should have taken more time to be done.
I thought the time seemed about right. The people he was taking energy from were right there beside him. When he did it against Vegeta it didn't take very long either. With Frieza and Buu he had to draw the energy from far away and the people of Earth weren't giving him enough in the latter case.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Funny how Super Saiyan 3 was missed.
Guess Toei really do hate animating that form.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:24 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Venus wrote: 2-I find that the Genki Dama should have taken more time to be done.
I thought the time seemed about right. The people he was taking energy from were right there beside him. When he did it against Vegeta it didn't take very long either. With Frieza and Buu he had to draw the energy from far away and the people of Earth weren't giving him enough in the latter case.
True, however it felt somewhat weird because that Genki Dama was huge and in such a short time.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:39 pm

Venus wrote:Now that I think about it, there is a good chance that we are going to see the U6 Namekians soon, because of the upcoming U3 episode, we got a shot of them "fighting?" two of the U3 fighters, so we might get to see them already.

That'd be a nice way to hype the Namekians.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:45 pm

I’m so thankful to have lived until now to see this! Looking forward to see the round 2. I’m expecting Hit to be able to expose some flaw in Jiren. Also, Freeza figured something the gods fear and I think he will try to get migattenogokui eventually.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:55 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:I don't see this being the end of Hit either, he is to important to U6 right now after they lost sadly some of their big guns recently.
Botamo and Magetta are some of U6's big guns?

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:55 pm

TheOne wrote:
Metrite wrote:Holy crap! This sensation... this feeling that came over me as I watched the latest episodes... It was amazing! And also somewhat... nostalgic. I enjoyed the whole special, and as I watched I continued to feel more and more like I had been sent through some time warp to over twenty years in the past. I certainly enjoyed it but kept wondering why this all seemed so familiar. Like a feeling I last experienced long ago when Goku first turned ssj. Then we get to the end of the episode where Freeza mentions that this brings back memories of planet Namek, and everything suddenly clicked. Goku fighting an opponent that totally outclasses him, using Kaiouken X20 to no avail, resorting to the Genki Dama, emerging from the rubble to suddenly reach a new form that suddenly made him equal to his godly opponent... This is all exactly what happened back in the Freeza saga! It even has the "one episode equals about one minute" wackiness going on! :lol:

As I watched the part where Goku progressed through forms against Jiren, I started to think that this arc so far has had practically every ssj form except ssj3 which Goku skipped. Somebody needs to turn ssj3 by the end of the tourney so it can be declared the greatest ssj-all-form bargain sale ever... Caulifla!

And the Genki Dama being strong makes sense to me if one considers both of its energy gathering properties. It was explained in its debut that it gathers a little energy from everything from people to inanimate objects involuntarily. It can also draw a lot of energy from a person if they offer it up voluntarily like against Buu. That's why Goku said it wasn't enough after he thanked the fighters from universe 7 (except Vegeta who clearly wants to conserve his strength) that pitched in, and then said that it would take too long to gather enough; he had received his voluntary contribution and now needed to gather it slowly from involuntary contributors. That could get pretty strong considering all the gods and strong fighters sitting around. However, it would take a long time to do, but Goku was lucky enough for Jiren to be a good sport and just wait it out to prove himself.
On a side note, that rumor about the Genki Dama being unable to hurt anybody good needs to go die in a fire. I'm tempted to say that piece of misinformation has gotten even more out of hand than the dumb old "Gohan didn't turn ssj against Buu because the Earth would've blown up" rumor that used to be everywhere. lol
You had me up until you started justifying the strength of the Spirit Bomb.

The Spirit Bomb made absolutely no sense when it came to how strong it was. While you made points about it taking the life from living things around them, they're in a void. Where there's no evidence of life anywhere else besides them.

You said something along the lines of the Spirit Bomb taking the energy from involuntary contributor, which is absolutely not true. Part of the issue in the Buu saga was that nobody was contributing their energy to the Spirit Bomb. Just their family and friends. It required the help of Hercule for the Spirit Bomb to be powerful enough to beat Buu.

Keep in mind that everyone in this tournament (except Frieza and Vegeta) gave their energy to the Spirit Bomb fighting kid Buu. Not only that, but they had Goten and Trunks as well as the entire planet earth give their energy to the absolute maximum. To the point where there was an issue of them being over drained. That was barely enough to beat Buu.

Now you have just U7 contributing to this Spirit Bomb and all of a sudden it's strong enough to cause someone as strong as Jiren to change his facial expression, when the last Spirit Bomb had more contributors to it. It makes absolutely no sense. The only way that would be even remotely possible was if everyone gave up way too much energy. Energy they'd need to to endure the rest of the tournament. Even that's a stretch.

It's bad enough that they tried to play this off like it's consistent. It's even worse when people try to come up with reasons behind such a flaw.
You're forgetting that this current Spirit Bomb was made by the energy of all the Z fighters who have become much stronger compared to the Buu Saga.

Gohan, 17, these guys are all on SSJ Blue level and probably were more than enough alone to make the Spirit Bomb stronger than the Buu Saga's.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Asura wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I don't see this being the end of Hit either, he is to important to U6 right now after they lost sadly some of their big guns recently.
Botamo and Magetta are some of U6's big guns?
That is subjective yes, but I always consider them in someways important cause they where the ones chosen to represent U6 in that tournament. So I give them credit bases where I feel it is due, but still Frost was the most major lost.
My #1 in DB!

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:00 pm

TheOne wrote: While you made points about it taking the life from living things around them, they're in a void. Where there's no evidence of life anywhere else besides them.
With "them" being the strongest being in all the universes. Also, if Goku could gather energy from other worlds in the Freeza Saga, and from across the universe in the Buu saga, what's to say he couldn't eventually reach as far as gathering energy from other universes? (Not that that has any relevance to the point.)
Part of the issue in the Buu saga was that nobody was contributing their energy to the Spirit Bomb.
No, the issue in the Buu saga was that taking just a little energy from everybody (involuntary) wouldn't be enough to beat Buu as Goku himself said. As soon as Vegeta mentioned the Genki Dama, Goku shot it down saying even a little energy from everybody wouldn't be enough because he thought Vegeta expected him to do it the old fashioned way where he is left to draw draw energy on his own without any knowing contributors. The fact that he mentions this means he can indeed take a little energy from everybody without them offering/knowing, but only a little, which wouldn't be enough for Buu. That line along with what Kaiou said in the saiyan saga both show it can. If the one and only way to get energy was from voluntary contributors then Goku saying he needs more time (and Jiren giving it to him) would make no sense because after every volunteer had done their part it would already be at its absolute limit.
And even worse still when some folks just have to insist that something has just got to be a glaring flaw (when it well may not be) because they can't live without something to complain about. :P

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Comment Deleted
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:42 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:It looks like Goku has become part of Frieza's machinations against the gods. When Goku unloads on Jiren and all the gods are flipping their crap, we get this cut-away to Frieza-sama:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Then he shows up at the end, most likely to give Goku some of his energy. Goku himself said way back in the U6 tournament that they were just pawns of the gods "for now." The two of them possibly finding common ground on a plot point like that has amazing potential. But what could Frieza really be up to? :think:

Frieza has showed some amazing development in this arc. When he was faced with stronger enemies on Namek and Resurrection F, he went into screaming fits and acted like a fool. Here he feels Jiren's massive ki and he just smiles. "My, what a monster." He's been 100% chill the whole time. I love it.
Agreed 100%. I used to love Z Frieza, but he's a clown when compared to Super Frieza. Or maybe halfway-Super Frieza. For example, RoF Frieza is the same old, same old - the only difference being that he was willing to wait four months before going on his vengeance rampage. He didn't learn a thing, all those years in hell.

His SECOND demise, however, truly changes him as a character, making him use that brain of his in ways I never thought non-fanfiction writers would do so. Frieza was cool as a powerful overlord, but as a schemer with a steel jaw? He's downright perfect.

I see three possibilities right now:
A) Frieza loses in the Tournament, but will eventually turn Goku into his God-Killing-Instrument. (40% chance)
B) Frieza loses in the Tournament, but eventually becomes capable of handling Ultra Instinct and rivalling Goku's power (50% chance)
C) Frieza wins in the Tournament and wishes for Ultra Instinct (10% chance, mainly because that means the other universes stay dead, and I doubt that the writers are willing to erase so many new characters like Hit, Magetta, Frost, Kale, Caufilla, Cabba, Ribrianne, and about 90 new characters (mortal and divine combined) with some of them having immense potential for future arcs and video games)

P.S.: I SINCERELY hope Goku was trolling Ribrianne when she asked him what's his wish going to be. If Goku still hasn't thought of resurrecting the other universes, he's a major asshole.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:59 pm

Okay, so after repeated viewings I can safely say that Episode 110 is IMO the best episode of Super and of the best episodes of the entire franchise. 109 was also fantastic but didn't quite reach the level that 110 was at because the Spirit Bomb struggle did drag a bit and I am tired of Ribrianne by this point (even though the fight between her and Goku looked really good).

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 am

TheOne wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
TheOne wrote:

It's spelled Fairy Tail, not "Fairy Tale".
Also while I understand hearing her talk about love could get annoying, it's no different from Vegeta constantly talking or bragging about his "Saiyan Pride" imo.
Just glad you're not claiming she's weak or something like most delusional people, just because you dislike the character when she clearly isn't weak. I'm not a fan of Jiren for a few reasons, but I'm not going to claim he's weak as one of them cause that's just absurd.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:56 am

Episode 110 is #15 on Youtube trending.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!