Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Drellz26 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:19 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Caulifla and Kale should be gone because they were all beat up by Goku. However becuase they are Saiyans we get the usual nonsense.

Dyspo was finished against Hit but they only take Kunshi out.

What I am saying is what could they do now when we know everything about them and they have already been badly beaten once.



It is a battle royale but why do the characters I mentioned deserve a second chance? It just seems like a lot of forced fake tension.
Or maybe because some people, shockingly, like them and would love to see them stick around as much as possible.
They still have to fall though and screen time should ve shared around.

If we get rid of Universe 3, Monna, Shantsa, and the 3 non magical girls from Universe 2 we are left with fighters which everyone would say have some status. What happens then?
That's still a lot of time they could be in the tournament though, there's PLENTY that could be done with all of them. Idk how you want those 3 gone now but not the other much weaker characters still left. I understand if you're not a fan of them, but you're acting like they aren't impressive. They aren't Goku but they are far far from fodder. Kale was enough to grab Jirens attention and Dyspo even taking Hit on at all makes him impressive.

User avatar
Melee_Sovereign
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:43 am

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:37 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Melee_Sovereign wrote:I like Rozie better than Kakunsa. I feel like Kankunsa's design wasn't very unique after seeing Hop and her cat-like fighting style. It's like, why make two characters who are unaffiliated with each other, so similar?
Rozie has a very cute and clean design! I like Sanka's normal form the best but Rozie is far and away the best design of the transformed Fireballs/Maiden Squadron.
Yeah I agree, Rozie has the best transformed design. I think she has the best base form too honestly. To so me, Rozie, or should I say Su Roas, has the best overall design of the Kamikazi Fireballs. Sanka's Kankunsa form looks really cool too. It's just that the cat theme kills it for me. If she looked the way she did, minus the cat theme, it would be great.

As for Brianne, despite the popular opinion, I actually do like her and I like the look of her Ribrianne form. However, she is starting to get annoying and I understand completely why people dislike her. I'm still willing to give her more of a chance and am hoping the writers do something more with her personality. I was also hoping Universe 2 overall would be more formidable since they are U11's counterpart, which is why I don't like that they're turning Brianne into a joke.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Drellz26 wrote:
That's still a lot of time they could be in the tournament though, there's PLENTY that could be done with all of them. Idk how you want those 3 gone now but not the other much weaker characters still left. I understand if you're not a fan of them, but you're acting like they aren't impressive. They aren't Goku but they are far far from fodder. Kale was enough to grab Jirens attention and Dyspo even taking Hit on at all makes him impressive.
As long as others get treated the same then it will be alright.

We haven't seen the others yet so they are obviously going to stay in.

Dyspo is ok but how I dont care about Saiyans at all.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:38 pm

There's a video on YouTube with these two episodes that already has 4.7 million views.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21003
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Bullza wrote:There's a video on YouTube with these two episodes that already has 4.7 million views.
I know the video you're referring to. Its the double episode/special with Spanish subtitles.

It should be noted that the Latin American fandom for Dragon Ball is enormous. It's the biggest Dragon Ball fandom outside of Japan. Yes, even bigger than the fandom in North America.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Bullza wrote:There's a video on YouTube with these two episodes that already has 4.7 million views.
I know the video you're referring to. Its the double episode/special with Spanish subtitles.

It should be noted that the Latin American fandom for Dragon Ball is enormous. It's the biggest Dragon Ball fandom outside of Japan. Yes, even bigger than the fandom in North America.
It's quite impressive. Internet could not handle Goku VS Jiren Saturday night.

User avatar
Venus
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Venus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Speaking of LA, I can't wait to watch episode 110 with Mario Castañeda's awesome performance as Goku, that Ozaru roar is going to be epic!

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6050
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Comments on these episodes:

- I've noticed among the fandom that Ribrianne seems to be an either love her or hate her kind of character. Personally I think she's alright.
- You know, if you instead wished for all of the erased universes to be brought back, you would probably still be loved by mortals from all universes because of that...
- Or maybe you should use it to bring back the erased universes, Goku... just a thought
- So if he wishes to meet someone stronger than he's ever met, will the dragon create someone stronger than Zeno? Can it do that?
- Hasn't she seen Goku and Vegeta use their SSJ forms before? Why is she acting like Goku's base form is all he has?
- I think this is a new musical track, I haven't heard it before
- So I'm guessing no one else can detect Belmod and Jiren's telepathic communication...
- Wait, I thought 17 and 18 couldn't sense ki. Or are they just referring to the effects of it (the shaking and atmosphere and such)? Also how do they know the entire World of Void is shaking? They don't even know how big it is.
- This is pretty awesome so far
- SSJ Goku attacking Jiren and Jiren not being moved reminds me a lot of when he did the same thing to Super Android 13. Intentional reference?
- So, in other words, Goku is convinced Jiren is interested in testing his power, otherwise this strategy of starting of small would just lead Goku to go the way of Maji=Kayo
- There are plenty of ways to win these matches without being stronger than your opponents, so I doubt all of the other fighters would just give up
- Really, Belmod? Does that include Zeno?
- Jiren was blocking all of SSJG Goku's punches with 1 finger but SSJB is knocking him around, is it really that much stronger?
- I like the animation for this fight so far
- So Vegeta didn't see Jiren's attack but 17 did?
- This reminds me of his first fight with Vegeta when he was urged to use the Kaio-Ken until it was revealed that he was already using it. Probably another deliberate callback.
- Okay, here's a fan theory - The Genki Dama normally can't hurt pure hearted people, but maybe this time since it has the evil ki of Freeza inside it, it can - hmm?
- I guess the charging sequence does kind of make sense here, Jiren is willing to let him wait so he can see it, and everyone else also wants to see how effective it will be so they'll be unlikely to interrupt it
- I also notice a melodic version of the OP playing, nice touch
- If Vegeta wants him to hurry up, he should give him his own ki. He must feel weird to be helping less than Freeza.
- Also like several other posters, I question whether contributing power from outside of the arena is allowed. But if it is, why don't Beerus and Whis join in?
- What do you mean it always saved you, Krillin? It failed more often than not...
- Arak and Geene seem to be acting like they're only mildly impressed
- At least not everyone else has stopped fighting
- If Jiren is stronger than Beerus and they're clashing a huge ki mass like that between them, why aren't those weird shockwaves happening like they did when Goku fought Beerus?
- That's a pretty awesome effect
- So I guess this answers my question of what would have happened if Roshi had killed himself by using the Mafuba too many times...
- Quitela looks strangely confident considering what just appeared to have happened...
- Again, how does Roshi know that the whole World of Void is shaking? Aside from maybe Daishinkan and the other angels I doubt anyone there even knows how far it extends.
- Tenshinhan says Goku is emitting a tremendous amount of heat... is that a proper translation?
- Interesting song... it's kind of jarring though, at least IMO
- The arm afterimages seem like a Wuxia thing I think... they also remind me of one of my favorite cheesy 80s Kung Fu movies
- So 17 can still see the fight? Either he's got eyes like Jaco or he's way stronger than we suspected
- I also see some of the fighting choreography from the OP here
- I'm guessing the likes of Arak, Liquir, and Geene have already mastered this technique... but Champa hasn't
- Honestly I'm not sold on the whole idea. It seems that this is the kind of thing that requires technique and finesse, and I don't see that being learned in a sudden powerup like a typical transformation
- Hit could have at least tried time skip while attacking him
- Jiren should just knock Goku out of the ring now, or else we know he's going to come back for a second round and probably win...
- Freeza is going to heal him? I would have thought his pride would prevent that
- The new ending somehow makes me feel like the series is coming to a conclusion soon...
- Was that Hit attempting to use his assassination technique in the next episode preview? Maybe he feels it's worth being disqualified if he kills Jiren

That was a great pair of episodes, and I'll say it was probably the greatest fight the franchise has seen since Battle of Gods (the movie).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Username2016
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 am

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Username2016 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Did anyone notice Jiren grabbed Gokus hair in the same vein Vegeta grabbed Goku Blacks' hair?

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Tombstone1988 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:You've answered you're own question, these guys are best of the best they're not easily gonna get KO'd, these guys aren't gonna be sloppy like Tien or Kirllin or stupid like Frost.
In regards to Dyspo I'd agree, but I'd 100% disagree in regards to Caulifla and Kale. Kale can barely even be considered a fighter; in episode 100, she gets treated by a punching bag by 2 other fighters, guys that are barely above base Saiyan level. Her sole redeeming quality, in terms of combat, is her rage transformation. A transformation that Jiren stepped in to stop. This is where the first part of your argument falls apart. "They're not easily gonna get KO'd." Jiren one-shots Kale. She was quite easily KO'd by him. She SHOULD have been eliminated right there. But she wasn't. Why? Because the plot says so, I guess.

There's no logical reason why he didn't do so, though. The very next episode, Kale is responsible for eliminating 3 of Jiren's teammates. Eliminations that could have potentially been avoided (or at least delayed) had Jiren just ringed her out. This still could have worked if this was treated as a sort of character flaw for Jiren, such as if he was hesitant to eliminate people because he didn't want to be responsible for the deaths of trillions of beings by eliminating a universe. But, once again, it's not. Jiren has very little actual characterization outside of what we're told by people like Belmod, furthering the problem.

So, when you break everything down, one of the only reasons some characters are still in is really the reason RedHeat states: "Maybe it's because some people like them and would love to see them stick around as much as possible." That might be nice for people that like characters like Kale, but it really doesn't make for good writing, in my opinion.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

User avatar
CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1592
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:24 pm

RedHeat wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:
Do you still think Dyspo, Kale and Caulifla are weak? I'm just a bit confused as to why they should be gone already...




Wow I finally caught reading the thread. I'll save all of the reaction stuff but Vegeta SAYING he won't help Goku is still really bothering me since he's always been my favorite character. Right away I understood that he was still helping, just in his own Vegeta way but man him saying he won't help really ruined the entire moment.
Caulifla and Kale should be gone because they were all beat up by Goku. However becuase they are Saiyans we get the usual nonsense.

Dyspo was finished against Hit but they only take Kunshi out.

What I am saying is what could they do now when we know everything about them and they have already been badly beaten once.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Indeed Their only 1 TRUE form of lose in this and that is Still Royal Rumble rules ;), you must be thrown over the Edge and must fall to a certain degree to be out, their is no other form of losing then that. You can be beaten to an edge of your life but as long as you are in ring you have not lost. ;)

Lets keep it simple as that, you can say all day long, but the only true lost is out of ring, nothing else.

BUT I do agree Kakunsa should have STILL been in this, she has great potential!
It is a battle royale but why do the characters I mentioned deserve a second chance? It just seems like a lot of forced fake tension.
Or maybe because some people, shockingly, like them and would love to see them stick around as much as possible.
That is Indeed Mainly the Point, we want to see the characters we like go as far as they can and get as much time to both develop and become strong threw this Arc. The Longer they go the more chances they have in improving..

Honestly to, a fighter being ringed-out should not be much of a measuring stick either and on-top of that this is a fight with many rules to that hold back fights a pretty good deal ~ No Killing ~ No Ki Flying ~ No Outside Weapons ~ Having a Limited space to fight, heck the ideal of a ring-out is far to easy to have, you can me the best in the world but one slip a foe can take advantage and just throw you out, it has to be a Very Nerve-Racking Fight for many.

Same as with anyone that watch a WWF/WWE Royal Rumble, many good Wrestles that are Legends in regular matches got ringed out in just making 1 mistake.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

User avatar
Spider-Man
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Spider-Man » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm quite suprised that the trio de danger are the least hated new character when compared to Kale,Caulifla,Ribrianne and the pride trooper,despite being the first universe to be erased.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13033
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Spider-Man wrote:I'm quite suprised that the trio de danger are the least hated new character when compared to Kale,Caulifla,Ribrianne and the pride trooper,despite being the first universe to be erased.
Probably by being generic and not really memorable in the slightest IMO......unless you're part of....a certain....dark crowd.....
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Spider-Man
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

Post by Spider-Man » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:04 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Probably by being generic and not really memorable in the slightest IMO......unless you're part of....a certain....dark crowd.....
Don't worry I'm not part of that crowd.
    Is just me throwing 2 cents out there,yeah they are kinda generic like 99% of the new character but they do have an interesting Universe and I do like the leader showing some concern of the multiverse being at danger.

    Kataphrut
    I'm pretty cozy, here...
    Posts: 1517
    Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

    Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

    Post by Kataphrut » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 pm

    It seems like there is a lot of controversy over Ribrianne. Personally, while I like her and enjoyed a lot of her first appearances, I think it's safe to say she wasn't used well in these last few episodes. She had no business getting involved with Goku when she still had unfinished business with 17 and Vegeta that would've been more compelling.

    A lot of the hate for her does feel like it's rooted in macho bullshit (how dare they put this girly character in my manly man show!) which isn't constructive. However, it can't be denied that they mishandled her here, which is what's causing these arguments to flare up. Though the animation in her fight was fun, there was no dynamic with Goku and she just felt like she was there to give him something to do before Jiren showed up. That's another thing; by all objective measures, she's a way better character than Jiren, and yet who wasn't breathing a sigh of relief when it looked like he was going to take over the fight?

    User avatar
    Noah
    Kicks it Old-School
    Posts: 7608
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
    Location: Virtual World

    Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

    Post by Noah » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:28 pm

    Polyphase Avatron wrote:If Jiren is stronger than Beerus and they're clashing a huge ki mass like that between them, why aren't those weird shockwaves happening like they did when Goku fought Beerus?
    Because that was stupid plot point introduced ninety-eight episodes ago, people could expect the same thing in the following battles and I glad they dropped, even if it has ended up being an inconsistency.
    乃亜

    Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

    Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

    User avatar
    Polyphase Avatron
    Born 'n Bred Here
    Posts: 6050
    Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

    Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

    Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:31 pm

    Noah wrote:
    Polyphase Avatron wrote:If Jiren is stronger than Beerus and they're clashing a huge ki mass like that between them, why aren't those weird shockwaves happening like they did when Goku fought Beerus?
    Because that was stupid plot point introduced ninety-eight episodes ago, people could expect the same thing in the following battles and I glad they dropped, even if it has ended up being an inconsistency.
    But they revisited it with both Beerus vs. Champa fights
    Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

    Jigurashi
    Advanced Regular
    Posts: 1176
    Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

    Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

    Post by Jigurashi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:33 pm

    Kataphrut wrote:It seems like there is a lot of controversy over Ribrianne. Personally, while I like her and enjoyed a lot of her first appearances, I think it's safe to say she wasn't used well in these last few episodes. She had no business getting involved with Goku when she still had unfinished business with 17 and Vegeta that would've been more compelling.

    A lot of the hate for her does feel like it's rooted in macho bullshit (how dare they put this girly character in my manly man show!) which isn't constructive. However, it can't be denied that they mishandled her here, which is what's causing these arguments to flare up. Though the animation in her fight was fun, there was no dynamic with Goku and she just felt like she was there to give him something to do before Jiren showed up. That's another thing; by all objective measures, she's a way better character than Jiren, and yet who wasn't breathing a sigh of relief when it looked like he was going to take over the fight?
    Objectively she's a better character? I wouldn't say that.

    User avatar
    Telamon
    Not-So-Newbie
    Posts: 58
    Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:00 pm

    Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

    Post by Telamon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 pm

    First off, these 2 episodes were absolutely fabulous.

    - The fighting choreography was definitely on par with some of the better DBZ episodes which is very important to me. Al tough there wasn't enough for my taste, the fighting scenes that happened were great!
    - Ribrianne has to go, i liked her much more in base form lol.
    - Jiren is bad ass to me. The hype surrounding him being the mortal that went beyond some GoD's power was great to watch and came to fruition.
    - The Genki-dama controversy is actually very logically. If you somewhat scale the powers of the Z gang vs regular humans, it only strengthens the point that they are so ridiculously powerful. Just goten or trunks would accumulate 5 times the power of the whole world combined probably, which is why just getting the power of U7 team would do millions of times more effect than the added 0.1% power of the regular humans on earth. This still would make it inconsistent with Namek Genki vs Freeza (as no Z fighters gave power to that one), but oh well..
    - Goku`s new form looks fantastic! Not too much shiny, as in, purple/white/green super sayan or whatever, just his base form colors with amazing grey/silver pupils and this great translucent aura around him, oh and the hair, the HAIR! some kind of mix between base and SSJ.

    I fucking loved it, can`t wait for the next episode when his new form will get involved again! Felt like a kid again.
    "Where is Super Sayan 3 against Beerus on the boat/pool party?" -WiseGuy

    Kataphrut
    I'm pretty cozy, here...
    Posts: 1517
    Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

    Re: Super Episode 109-110 (8 October 2017)

    Post by Kataphrut » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:38 pm

    Jigurashi wrote:
    Kataphrut wrote:It seems like there is a lot of controversy over Ribrianne. Personally, while I like her and enjoyed a lot of her first appearances, I think it's safe to say she wasn't used well in these last few episodes. She had no business getting involved with Goku when she still had unfinished business with 17 and Vegeta that would've been more compelling.

    A lot of the hate for her does feel like it's rooted in macho bullshit (how dare they put this girly character in my manly man show!) which isn't constructive. However, it can't be denied that they mishandled her here, which is what's causing these arguments to flare up. Though the animation in her fight was fun, there was no dynamic with Goku and she just felt like she was there to give him something to do before Jiren showed up. That's another thing; by all objective measures, she's a way better character than Jiren, and yet who wasn't breathing a sigh of relief when it looked like he was going to take over the fight?
    Objectively she's a better character? I wouldn't say that.
    Well, she has a character at this stage. Jury's still out on Jiren.

    Post Reply