Super Episode 111 (15 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Super Episode 111 (15 October 2017)

Post by Herms » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:36 pm

NOTE: Subtitles first (Crunchyroll / Daisuki / FUNimation), discussion later.
The Kanzenshuu forum rules rule.

-------------------------------

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Super Episode 111, aired 15 October 2017

異次元の極致バトル!ヒットVSジレン!!
Ijigen no Kyokuchi Batoru! Hitto VS Jiren!!
Extreme Battle of Another Dimension! Hit vs Jiren!!

Summary:
Freeza has snatched Goku away, and now seems to be aiming a blast at him. Exhausted from his battle with Jiren, Goku no longer has the power to run away, and in their hidden location nobody can see what Freeza’s doing. Freeza fires…and Goku is fine! Freeza has actually shared a little bit of his ki with Goku, thereby enabling him to move once again, just like Goku did with him back on Planet Namek. Now they’re even! Besides, Freeza needs Goku to keep on working for him, since he doesn’t want to take on “that monster” Jiren himself. Before leaving, Freeza tells Goku how the gods up above referred to Goku’s new power as “Ultra Instinct”, and Goku wonders if pulling that off once again will enable him to beat Jiren.

Meanwhile, Hit and Jiren continue to fight. Hit’s Time-Skip doesn’t seem to be much use against Jiren, whose heavy blows he can feel all too well. Jiren asks if Hit seriously intends to defeat him, and Hit says that yes, that’s his job. Watching the fight, Toppo is surprised to see Hit doing so well against Jiren. Hit now starts using the same dimension-moving technique he used during his rematch with Goku, storing up skipped time in order to conceal himself in another dimension, leaving only an illusionary image of himself behind. However, Jiren isn’t fooled by the illusion and still manages to track Hit’s movements, which keeps Hit’s attacks from connecting.

With Jiren able to fully counter Time-Skip, Hit is unable to land a solid blow. Yet despite its ineffectiveness, he continues to use Time-Skip against Jiren. What is he up to? Jiren tells Hit to stop this pointless effort, but Hit maintains that this is his job, and tells Jiren to stay with him until the end. Elsewhere, the U6 Namekians Saonel and Pirina try to sneak attack Goku, but Gohan and Piccolo step in to fight them (the two are surprised to see another Namekian). Vegeta is doing well against Ribrianne, until Rozie steps in to protect her. As the two escape and hide, Ribrianne starts to lose confidence in U2’s chance of victory, but Rozie slaps some sense into her, telling her to remember the power of love. Ribrianne recovers her confidence: “If I can’t believe in love, who can?!”

Seeing Hit having this much trouble, Caulifla wants to go help him out, but Cabba stops her, saying Hit has some strategy in mind. Though Hit keeps on taking Jiren’s attacks, he’s still properly guarding and so should be minimizing damage, all while waiting for the right chance to strike back. Indeed, Hit has by now memorized Jiren’s attack pattern, and finally manages to land a solid attack on Jiren’s chest, which sends him skidding to the edge of the arena. This one attack is what Hit needed to finally lock Jiren into a time cage, paralyzing him.

This ace-in-the-hole technique consists of Hit continually using Time-Skip against Jiren alone, but keeping Jiren frozen seems to require too much of Hit’s concentration for him to do much else. He tells Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale to leave Jiren to him and go do the job only they can do, namely defeat other warriors to ensure U6’s victory. While Hit normally works alone, now he’s resolved to use all of his power to keep Jiren frozen until the end, and so needs his allies’ help to handle everything else that must be done.

As Jiren struggles to break free from this paralysis, Hit soon realizes that his power won’t last until the end of the tournament. He therefore has no choice but to put everything he has into one last attack in order to defeat Jiren then and there. Though it’s not like an assassin to gamble, he must take this risk to carry out his job of making sure U6 wins. But as he goes in to finish Jiren off, Jiren blocks his blow with merely a glare, and finally breaks free. Those on the sidelines are amazed to see Jiren’s strength surpass time itself. Jiren recommences attacking Hit, finally knocking him out of the arena with an energy blast.

The Great Priest confirms Hit’s loss, and Hit materializes in the bleachers next to Champa, admitting that it was all over once his final blow against Jiren failed. While Champa looks on the bright side and says Hit’s work ethic has been passed on to Cabba and co., Vados notes that Hit’s loss is a major setback for U6. As it happens, Hit’s defeat coincides with the halfway point of the tournament (only 50 taks or 24 minutes now remain), so the Great Priest changes the sky green to mark the start of the second half.

With Hit defeated and Goku exhausted, Jiren judges that there is nobody left worth fighting, so he leaves the rest up to Toppo and Dyspo and begins meditating. The U3 warrior Piara distracts Toppo and Dyspo while his colleague Katpesra moves in to take out the seemingly defenseless Jiren, but Katpesra is repelled by the wall of ki surrounding Jiren’s body. The two of them are clearly unworthy of fighting Jiren!

The Tournament of Power is now halfway over.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Bullza
Banned

Re: Super Episode 111 (15 October 2017)

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 pm

Oh shit, I completely forgot about this. I mixed my days up.

How long does it take for them to appear on Crunchyroll?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Pretty good episode! There is only so much you can do after the spectacle that was last weeks special, but this episode did what it could to keep the momentum going.

Hit vs Jiren was an entertaining fight. I'm super bummed out that Hit got knocked off of the arena, but it was bound to happen if you're facing Jiren without some miraculous power up. Hit's words to his team and his speech about protecting Universe 6 were touching.

We finally saw the Universe 6 Namekians and judging by the NEP we'll see them in action as well. That NEP looked really good.

Hopefully the tournament tries its best to keep the momentum going. We're half way through it now. It only took... 15 episodes. :shock:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Two theings are reinforced once more: Time Skip does whatever they need it to and strategery & tactix matter over raw power until they magically don't, again.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:45 pm

That next episode preview! Aah! (@u@)
*Does that every time I think I'm out they pull me back in quote*. Sigh, Super.

Episode 111 though...it was serviceable. Jumped around to a lot of different characters which I'm glad about because keeping the "camera" on Hit and Jiren the entire time would've been pretty dull. Freeza continues to entertain. The fireballs continue to pull from 1990's Sailor Moon (because I can't recall any precures slapping each other out of an emotional moment, but I sure can think of a Sailor Moon episode where that happens right off the top of my head). Hit proves that even he has more personality than Jiren does. Maybe we'll learn more about the Uni 6 namekians eventually? I continue to be neutral towards the Planet Salad trio. Goku can't help peeking in at multiple angles on the Hit vs Jiren fight.

It was ok. It had the misfortune of coming on the heels of last week's special, but I've seen worse episodes than this.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Aw man, despicable to see Hit drop out, even if I already knew it was happening. :(

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Its been a while since I posted my opinions for an episode...

I liked it, I found it better than the 1hr special tbh.
- Freeza sure is being nice to Goku in this tournament. Not just because of the energy he gave him, but also telling him about the name the gods use to call his transformation.
- Another highlight was Ribriane realizing their situation and losing hope for a moment.
- Watching Hits attacks and techniques being overpowered by Jiren made me think he's kind of like Broly. No mather what everyone do, Jiren will always be stronger.. :think:
- Somebody had to push Jiren out when Hit was stopping him. What a missed opportunity just for Hit to end his work alone :thumbdown:
- It was unfortunate seeing Hit lose, and more by watching him doing better than Goku and he is not out yet. :(
- Also, I think this is the most mature I've seen Shampa in the series, and it was good. :)

- Hopefully if U6 is eliminated we see some reactions of Beerus...
Last edited by Beerus-sama on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Hit put up a good fight but it is now up to the rest of team Universe yl6 to do the job for them.

The Namekians made a appearence and this fight seems like it is going to go over many episodes. I think they will be the last 2 from Universe 6 and I still think they are hiding something.

Jiren is going to regret being cocky.

Why did the pride troopers not knock out the Biarra and Catopesra when they need to.

Cabba is in deep trouble next episode and I do not knoe how he is going to getaway from Frieza who probably cant wait to knock him out of the arena.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Chuquita wrote:That next episode preview! Aah! (@u@)
*Does that every time I think I'm out they pull me back in quote*. Sigh, Super.

Episode 111 though...it was serviceable. Jumped around to a lot of different characters which I'm glad about because keeping the "camera" on Hit and Jiren the entire time would've been pretty dull. Freeza continues to entertain. The fireballs continue to pull from 1990's Sailor Moon (because I can't recall any precures slapping each other out of an emotional moment, but I sure can think of a Sailor Moon episode where that happens right off the top of my head). Hit proves that even he has more personality than Jiren does. Maybe we'll learn more about the Uni 6 namekians eventually? I continue to be neutral towards the Planet Salad trio. Goku can't help peeking in at multiple angles on the Hit vs Jiren fight.

It was ok. It had the misfortune of coming on the heels of last week's special, but I've seen worse episodes than this.
Indeed, I KNEW a that Scene like that was coming, like when Sailor Mercury Slapped Sailor Moon when she could not control her grief in the final episodes of the 1st season back in the 90's series. It is the moment of self-doubt, it is why she was having a hard time with Vegeta, she would doubting they can win and their loses. Toei is playing all these cards bit-by-bit and I am Loving It!

So I think we are heading for Major Moments with Ribrianne, maybe a New Transformation like we have with Sailor Moon in the final battles with the final villains! ;)

Also, Rozie went up in my book for giving the hard but needed medicine to Ribiranne to not give up and that this is not all she can do. :thumbup:
Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Man you can tell they blew the animation budget last week this episode felt very static, particularly the three saiyans rushing during the voice over.

I'm curious why didnt hit order everyone to rush Jiren when he was trapped. I get he probs wont move because of time skip but thay should damage him somewhat at least.

Freeza's quote from namek was awesome and instantly recognisable. Strange that he felt indebted to goku in some way because of that but i love the unexpected payoff from gokus niceness.

Good episode. Far from the highs of last week but i was hoping they would do hit vs jiren and i liked what i got. Its ridiculous to think hit was was so scary back in the universe 6 arc and now jiren has absolutely destroyed him, being more powerful than time itself. Thats insane i think they made this guy way too strong. Maybe 2x hits power would have been enough.

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 pm

Bit of a shame that they had an opportunity to write Jiren out of the tournament for a while with the continual time-skip and give Hit's loss even more of a sacrificial connotation, but instead they had him meditate? It's the little detail of Supers I just find middling most of the time. Regardless, they didn't take out the cool Universe 3 guys or the Namekians too soon, I really didn't want the masked fellow lose so early especially since he still has the belt gimmick we haven't seen yet.

Next episode looks neat. We're finally getting more Cabba development to cap off the Universe 6 start we've gotten.
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:55 pm

i like the episode but i didn't like the episode.

Why didn't hit tell his kids to knock jiren off when he had him trapped.

Also in the pre tournament hit was said to grow stronger the stronger the opponent is so he could've improved time skipped until it overwhelmed jiren.

Why didn't goku use IT to save hit? That isn't flying. Seems like they needed him eliminated in this tournament because of his hax..

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Also, looks like Jiren has Ultra Instinct himself or something really close to it, given how he was able to react even to Hit's time-stopping attacks. Man... even Freeza readily admitted he couldn't beat Jiren. Guy's a monster.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:58 pm

I wish I were next to Shinda Forever just to hear his squeaky rage after seeing this episode.

-Just like everyone figured based on the last seconds of episode 110, Freeza shared his energy. Seems like he wants to use Goku as his toy later on. A theory of mine is he wants Goku to take down the gods and Jiren so that Freeza's path to his goals will be cleared, then he will plan on defeating Goku in some way.
-Admittedly, as much as I prefer Hit by far, he had to chance against Jiren.
-I like Hit's development into a somewhat caring character.
-They finally show more to Ribrianne than we've seen thus far, and that was her losing hope. It didn't last long, unfortunately.
-The long-awaited U6 namekians aren't much to be excited about, it appears.
-At this point, I wish someone kicked Belmod's teeth in.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Good episode. Less faults than last week, but doesn't reach as high as last week. Hit continues to grow on me more and more, while Jiren remains as stale as several years old bread. Hit continues to shine using interesting techniques and strategy, while Jiren merely brute forces through everything like Goku had done. Hit has come closer to beating Jiren than Goku did, which really made his exit all the more memorable. My only issue is I thought we could at least have no nonsense Jiren to maybe have a shred of personality, but he then falls into the pit of not even bothering to try and finish what he started. Hopefully Toppo and Dyspo immediately go for Goku and not just let him stand around. Vegeta went Blue in the preview so hopefully he is fending those two off to show U11 isn't completely stupid.
ekrolo2 wrote:Two theings are reinforced once more: Time Skip does whatever they need it to and strategery & tactix matter over raw power until they magically don't, again.
As Zeno said "It's cool I'll allow it." It's damn cool so I don't care if it can practically do anything XP. It's evolving like Hit is.

Well Hit came closer to beating Jiren than Goku, despite being weaker. Even still just goes to show Raw Power triumphs 9.9/10 times :lol:.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:04 pm

I really liked that moment where Champa told Hit that he did a good job, and that his loss will be used as strength towards other fighters of Universe 6. We've never seen Champa like that and I hope to see more of it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Wasn't terribly impressed by this episode. The fight between Hit and Jiren was decent, but it was absolutely stupid not to have the three Saiyans rush Jiren while he was frozen or blow up the ring at his feet to knock him out of bounds. And he thinks Toppo and Dyspo can win alone when he had to save Dyspo's bacon just a few minutes ago before Maji=Kayo ganked him with scissors? :eh:

NEP looks okay. I'm betting Vegeta attacks Frieza to get him off of Cabba.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Hit/Jiren was very good. I'm really curious why Ribianne is getting so much focus, is she going to get some new form or something?

Gohan/Piccolo Vs. Nameks looked interesting for the 10 seconds of it we saw. :roll:

I liked how U6 reacted to Hit's downfall. I guess next week is Cabba's.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Ribrianne, all is forgiven! For too long, this arc has had an issue with people not taking the stakes of universal destruction seriously enough. Now we have a character who had recently been nothing but a string of bad jokes and over-the-top ham actually expressing fear and doubts over her ability to protect her universe! And Rosie shows up and slaps her out of it because she's low-key the best Kamikaze Fireball. In the grand scheme of things, it's pretty minor, but I appreciated it a lot.

As for the main event, animation-wise it couldn't help but feel like a comedown after the special. Jiren felt a lot more like a "normal" fighter in this episode than the unstoppable juggernaut of the previous ones, actually grunting, shouting and talking with Hit. I guess the two of them have more in common with each other than with Goku. Still, watching Hit fight is always a pleasure and his speech to the Saiyans as he held off Jiren was inspiring. Again, I love it when they take things seriously in this arc, it doesn't happen enough. His loss was expected, but still sad to see. Reusing the animation from Kale's takedown was a cheeky move, though. With the first big name to fall, characters starting to bunch up and the stakes being clearly established, it truly feels like we are in the climax of the tournament.

Interesting setup for next episode. Gohan and Piccolo vs the Namekians should be fun, I hope they put on a good show. It'll be nice to see Toppo and Dyspo get some action now the big man's gone back to the green room. On that note, anyone else get a Legend of Zelda vibe from Jiren's mediation barrier? Like, you must be *this* prepared to take on the final boss. Hope you've got the Master Sword, Goku.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:14 pm

precita wrote:Hit/Jiren was very good. I'm really curious why Ribianne is getting so much focus, is she going to get some new form or something?
After that important moment with Rozie Tonight, it is an increasing possibility that I support, it follows the basic Magical Girl/Sailor Moon/Anime Heroes journey threw a hard battle. The moment with Rozie is part of that story arc. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker