Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Post by Herms » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:45 pm

NOTE:
Subtitles! Get your steaming hot subtitles here! Crunchyroll / Daisuki / FUNimation
The Kanzenshuu forum rules: not one jot or tittle shall pass away till all be fulfilled

-------------------------------

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Super Episode 112, aired 22 October 2017

サイヤ人の誓い!ベジータ覚悟!!
Saiya-jin no Chikai! Bejīta no Kakugo!!
A Saiyan's Vow! Vegeta's Resolution!!

Summary:
Jiren has begun meditating after defeating Hit. Beerus wonders how Goku is doing, and Whis says that while he is physically exhausted, his fighting spirit remains undiminished. With the tournament halfway over, the Omni-Kings ask again what happens when time runs out, and the Great Priest explains that the universe with the most members left will win. In that case, Universe 7 is currently in the lead with seven members left, so the U3 God of Destruction Mosco orders his team to eliminate Goku.

As a trio of U3 warriors goes after Goku, Gohan and Piccolo continue to battle the U6 Namekians Saonel and Pilina. Piccolo tells Gohan to go help Goku, but Gohan thinks it’s best to focus on their opponents; they’ll just have to trust Goku to manage on his own. While Saonel and Pilina put up a good fight (even Piccolo is surprised that another universe would have such strong Namekians), Champa orders his team to cut down the U7 team’s numbers but otherwise run away. Since they can’t defeat Jiren, they’ll just have to try to be the team with the most members left at the end.

Elsewhere, Kale is intimidated after witnessing Jiren’s strength, but Caulifla remains optimistic: seeing Goku and Jiren’s battle showed her the infinite potential that she as a Saiyan must possess. Suddenly the two are challenged by U4’s Monna, who is targeting U6 now that they’ve lost Hit. Though Caulifla is eager to take Monna on singlehanded, Cabba arrives and insists that he be the one to fight Monna, so that Caulifla and Kale can escape and conserve their stamina. Caulifla initially refuses, but eventually relents after both Cabba and Kale insist.

Caulifla and Kale escape as Cabba holds off Monna. After struggling in his normal form, Cabba becomes a Super Saiyan and successfully counterattacks. However, this just leads Monna to morph into a giant ball and start knocking Cabba around even harder. Reverting to normal, Cabba is thrown to near the edge of the arena. While Cabba tries to trick Monna into rolling off the arena, this tactic fails and Cabba himself is sent falling out of bounds. While regretting that he couldn’t wear down his opponent’s stamina more, he is at least satisfied that he managed to buy some time for Caulifla and Kale.

However, at the last moment a hand reaches out and grabs Cabba. It’s Vegeta! He roughly tosses Cabba back into the arena and knocks Monna away. Cabba is happy that his “master” saved him, but Vegeta simply knees him in the stomach. He tells Cabba not to misunderstand: he wasn’t really trying to save him, he just couldn’t stand seeing a weak Saiyan. Besides, Vegeta doesn’t want Cabba to lose before fulfilling his promise (from the last tournament) of taking Vegeta to meet the king of Planet Sadala.

Cabba is sad that, since at least one of their universes will be destroyed by the end of this tournament, he can’t possibly keep that promise. But Vegeta vows that if he wins, he’ll use the Super Dragon Balls to resurrect Cabba and co. Thrilled, Cabba likewise vows to resurrect Vegeta and co. if he wins, but Vegeta gets angry: he’ll be the one to win, not Cabba! Finally, Vegeta tells Cabba to fight as a Saiyan, without regrets, then departs. Nearby, Freeza has been eavesdropping on this conversation, and is sickened by the idea of a Saiyan master and disciple relationship.

With his Saiyan pride restored, Cabba takes on Monna again…but it still doesn't go well. Monna calls Cabba weak and threatens to defeat Vegeta next, then Caulifla and Kale. She even calls Vegeta a coward for getting in a cheap hit on her before running off. Angered by these threats and insults, Cabba vows to defeat Monna himself, and transforms into Super Saiyan 2. Cabba uses his newfound strength to blast Monna out of the arena (reverting to base immediately afterwards), leaving U4 with only three fighters remaining. Champa is thrilled at Cabba’s victory, though Vados points out that earlier he had told him to simply run away.

Vegeta is also pleased at Cabba’s victory as he approaches to challenge Jiren. But Toppo appears and insists Vegeta fight him instead. While Vegeta isn’t interested in fighting a second fiddle like Toppo, Toppo shoots back that Vegeta is a second fiddle too. Angered, Vegeta becomes Super Saiyan Blue and begins battling Toppo. Freeza meanwhile approaches Cabba and very politely asks that they fight. Cabba obliges but is quickly overwhelmed. Freeza says he’ll go after Cabba’s fellow Saiyan once he’s defeated him, and this threat towards Caulifla and Kale pushes Cabba to become Super Saiyan 2 once again.

Cabba unleashes a mighty blast against Freeza, and while he feels it hit, when the dust clears Freeza is there in his Golden form, unharmed. He repeatedly blasts Cabba before finally knocking him out of bounds when he refuses to surrender. Reverting to normal, Freeza thinks it a waste to use up so much stamina against a garbage opponent. Materializing in the bleachers, Cabba apologizes to Champa, who’s angry at Freeza for intentionally targeting Cabba when he was exhausted. Thinking to himself, Freeza vows to win the tournament and use the Super Dragon Balls to control the gods.

Vegeta and Goku meet up in the middle of their respective fights. Vegeta sees that the exhausted Goku is struggling against his U3 opponents, and Goku says he’s recovering his stamina as he fights. Goku notes that Cabba has lost, but Vegeta isn’t too concerned: so long as he wins the tournament, the Saiyans will survive! Vegeta goes off to continue his battle against Toppo, and Goku has no choice but to continue his fight against the U3 trio.

Suddenly however, Caulifla swoops in and knocks the U3 fighters out of the way. While Goku thanks her for her help, Caulifla transforms into a Super Saiyan 2. Thanks to Cabba she’s managed to recover her stamina, and now she wants to fight Goku!

23 minutes remain in the Tournament of Power.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Found the episode good, not as good as 111, but good. Lol, the OG U6 is gone, but I enjoyed seeing Freeza eliminate Cabba. Cabba getting shafted in favor of Caulifla and Kale was expected as well.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:38 pm

I love how they wrote Vegeta in this episode. After numerous moments throughout the arc where he's been written like a complete asshole, it is so refreshing to see him acting like this. Vegeta promising to Cabba that he'll win and revive the people of Universe 6 with the Super Dragon Balls was so touching. Vegeta's the King of all Saiyans.

Good episode overall. Nice animation and some really neat storyboarding. It was slow at the start but once the action started to kick in it became really entertaining. Vegeta and Toppo's shit-talking prior to their fight was gold. Cherry on top was when Vegeta literally got triggered when Toppo called Vegeta "second". :lol:

Cabba's fights were cool and I really liked his transformation, but my favourite part was that Freeza scene at the end. We also now know that Freeza wants the Super Dragon Balls to overpower the gods. I feel like at the end of the tournament there's going to be a big battle within Universe 7.

I'm looking forward to Vegeta vs Toppo whenever that's happening and next weeks episode looks pretty good. Keep this momentum going!

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I love how they wrote Vegeta in this episode. After numerous moments throughout the arc where he's been written like a complete asshole, it is so refreshing to see him acting like this. Vegeta promising to Cabba that he'll win and revive the people of Universe 6 with the Super Dragon Balls was so touching. Vegeta's the King of all Saiyans.

Good episode overall. Nice animation and some really neat storyboarding. It was slow at the start but once the action started to kick in it became really entertaining. Vegeta and Toppo's shit-talking prior to their fight was gold. Cherry on top was when Vegeta literally got triggered when Toppo called Vegeta "second". :lol:

Cabba's fights were cool and I really liked his transformation, but my favourite part was that Freeza scene at the end. We also now know that Freeza wants the Super Dragon Balls to overpower the gods. I feel like at the end of the tournament there's going to be a big battle within Universe 7.

I'm looking forward to Vegeta vs Toppo whenever that's happening and next weeks episode looks pretty good. Keep this momentum going!
Vegeta is 80% douche 20% kind.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Pretty alright episode. Nothing really bad, but not very interesting. Scale remains confusing. Freeza being MVP and eliminating Cabba was a treat, and got me just a little bit excited. Now he must go for Ribrianne next and win so there's no way to unseat him as true MVP. We also know his goal now, control the gods. Might even become the next arc storyline.

Oh yeah and Toppo burns Vegeta...daaaaamn!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Man, we really are ping-ponging between good and mediocre episodes lately aren't we, because this one was fantastic start to finish. I like how they're leaning into the tension of what to do now that universe 6 has lost Hit, it really highlights the shift in tone. Monna goes after them because they're easy pickings, Cabba steps in because he knows Kale and Caulifla are more long-term valuable than he is, Champa continues to be a delight.

It was a string of great character moments; we get confirmation of Vegeta and Frieza's motivation to win the Super Dragon Balls, Cabba's rewarded for his selflessness by unlocking Super Saiyan 2 (for all the good it did), Caulifla gets a nice speech affirming her desire to become stronger after seeing Goku and Jiren fight, and lest we forget, Toppo finally challenges Vegeta and basically admitting that yeah, we're only fighting because we're the number two guys and people expect it.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:47 pm

It is really starting to feel like a proper battle royale. We see so many battles and characters. The list includes Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza, Gohan, Saonel, Pilina, Cabba, Kale, Caulifla, Toppo, Monna, Universe 3 robots.

Saonel and Pilina defiently have decent strength and are going to be a challenge and I hope they become Piccolo's rivals going forward.

Toppo saying Vegeta was also number 2 was one of the best lines in this arc. I hope Toppo beats Vegeta.

Cabba got a power up in the usual Saiyan way which is obviously expected.

Frieza torturing is always good and I hope he gets the other Universe 6 Saiyans as well.

I think this was probably one of the best episodes in the tournament so far due to it feeling like a battle royale and the characters mainly interacting in a way that fits with the battle royale and are starting to be smart like Champa coming up with a way to win.

Next episode seems to be just about Goku vs Caulifla and Kale. I hope Frieza gets involed in this battle somehow.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Yeah Vegeta, you definitely haven't delusionally peaked by thinking you can beat Jiren.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:51 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Yeah Vegeta, you definitely haven't delusionally peaked by thinking you can beat Jiren.
He definitely is getting worse. It just makes the scene when he gets his usual beatdown even better than usual. He is probably going to struggle against Toppo anyway.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:55 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Yeah Vegeta, you definitely haven't delusionally peaked by thinking you can beat Jiren.
He definitely is getting worse. He is going to struggle against Toppo probably.
If this was the manga where he's still right next to Goku it wouldn't be as hilariously nuts but with KK here it's just crazy for him to think he's got a chance.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:56 pm

It was an ok episode. Cabba's chivalry was admirable, getting SS2 and all in the process, but ultimately it was just ok to me. Not as good as the past 3 episodes were. We finally got Freeza's intentions with the Super Dragon Balls (and Vegeta's too!). I'm glad to see Vegeta fight Toppo, pride vs pride though. :D

The focus on the angels in the initial minutes of this episode reminded me about the potential subplot of the angels people were speculating about when U9's angel darkly smiled as his universe was erased. Always found it strange how Zeno chose to preserve the angels. Of course, the Grand Priest could have just requested they'd be spared but...

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 pm

Toppo saving Veggie boy from an ass-whooping.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:59 pm

Jigurashi wrote:Toppo saving Veggie boy from an ass-whooping.
Toppo's line absolutely destroyed him though. It is a line that will definitely be remembered.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Pretty good episode. A few notes of interest.

Isn't this the first confirmation we've had that a wish could be used to bring back the other universes?

Throughout everything that's happened, Quitela seems to have no loss of composure. Between that and his mystery fighters, there's definitely something going on there.

Loved Freeza finding a way to indirectly mess with Vegeta by taking out his student. I'm surprised he didn't torture him longer, to be honest, knowing that there wasn't much Vegeta could do about it.

So Goku will be showing off Super Saiyan 3 against Caulifla next week? That sounds like the worst conceivable thing for him to do at this time.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:01 pm

-This marks the first time in a while that Ribrianne does not show up. We all shall rejoice in a dance of hate and perversion as a celebration. Unless you count Monna, the Ribrianne look-alike featured in this episode.

-Funny to remember back when Cabba was announced, people thought that he was a female saiyan that would turn super saiyan green and whoop Vegeta's ass like no one ever witnessed before. Turned out to be bland and weak, with no original moves except for his ki kicks, and no importance for the plot. Here he was, finally getting a powerup that made him catch up somewhat to his female saiyan comrades, getting a proper fight since he hadn't done anything special at all in this tournament, and finally using those ki kicks from the opening, but then he gets brutally benched by Golden Freeza. This is the curse of looking like a blend of Vegeta (surpassed), Gohan (amateur), Yamcha (joke), and Tarble (forgotten).

-I feel Caulifla and Kale's powerups should have been introduced in this tournament and not before, just like Cabba's powerup today.

-Makes me glad they referenced Cabba promising to take Vegeta to planet Sadala, which has been forgotten of for a while. Vegeta shows his nice side by wanting to revive U6.

-Freeza continues to be malicious and dark with his approach to this tournament, and further showing much-needed brutality in the battlefield. This is the character of the week for me once again.

-The U6 namekians continue to be second, or even third, fiddle to the main dish of the episode. At this rate, I'm not getting my hopes up that they will be explored of in later episode. Interestingly, I found their segment to have the best fight of the episode, despite the lack of focus on them.

-Gohan appeared to be tired along with Piccolo after his skirmish with the U6 namekians. I hope that he is just playing around, but can't get too optimistic about that.

-Caulifla will get super saiyan ultra instinct 3 with kaio-ken x666 confirmed.

-Is this the first time Mojito appeared since U9 was eliminated? Same with Cus since U10 was eliminated?

-This was a fairly consistently animated and drawn episode. Good job, Toei.

Memorable quote:
-Toppo: "Fight with me!"
-Vegeta: "I'm not interested in the second fiddle."
-Toppo: "Aren't you the second fiddle too?"
Last edited by Torturephile on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:02 pm

This episode took me by surprise, it was really good.

Loved Vegeta telling Cabba he would ressurrect all of Universe 6, and they kept their promise of visiting the Saiyan planet. Cabba had some nice moments of glory here going SSJ2 and taking out the fat woman. Lastly Freeza was amazing, going after Cabba when he was down and knocking him out so easily. Freeza wants to control the Gods which is great.

Lastly the few scenes we got of Gohan/Piccolo Vs. the Nameks were cool, as was some of the focus Caulifa/Kale got leading into the next episode. Nice to see them save Goku.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank you Toshio for not forgetting about the Planet Salad trip!! I've been hungry for it for over a year now!

Now to hope something actually comes of Vegeta bringing that up.

It was a decent episode. I didn't expect Cabba to last till the top ten anyway.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:06 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Pretty alright episode. Nothing really bad, but not very interesting. Scale remains confusing. Freeza being MVP and eliminating Cabba was a treat, and got me just a little bit excited.
I feel the exact same on all three accounts. Well, I probably did find it slightly more interesting. I'm glad Cabba got to do, idk, something ... on screen I mean.
Oh yeah and Toppo burns Vegeta...daaaaamn!
:lol: but its honestly not so bad to be considered second fiddle when someone as strong as Toppo is also second fiddle.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:08 pm

Torturephile wrote:-This marks the first time in a while that Ribrianne does not show up. We all shall rejoice in a dance of hate and perversion as a celebration. Unless you count Monna, the Ribrianne look-alike featured in this episode.
I am glad you pointed that out, it just gets silly sometimes how over the top some get in disliking a character, but still better here then YouTube, they dislike everyone. Still don't consider dislike of Ribrianne a big deal, small compared to others I have seen over the years. :lol:

Also I meet a good many that like her and U2 and they are all great!

This all evens-out in the end and Fandom is Fandom, always has been this way with like and dislike debates, always will be.

But honestly I was glad Ribrianne and U2 where not here, I want them to take break from the front-lines to give others time their. Leave themselves for further development and story down the road when we get closer to the finals.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:11 pm

The episode was enjoyable and I loved Vegeta and Caulifla here.

Unfortunately this is in part a copy of Vegeta vs Cabba at the U6 tournament. Get Cabba all riled up and you got yourself a brand new Saiyan transformation. That Galick Gun from Cabba made me role my eyes I guess he learn it from watching Vegeta do it at the U6 tournament(he did it right?), nothing unusual there I just don't like being with in the head "CABBA'S VEGETA'S DISCIPLE SEE HE EVEN HAS THE GALICK GUN!".

I guess it's thematic in Dragon Ball but I just don't like it here when it's just fluff. At least they gave him the kick blasts.

The episode was successful in setting up what's to come, with the titbits of the other fight's.

Freeza once again was awesome, I didn't even mind seeing him in Golden since it's such a beautiful transformation but the anime sure loves redundancy. Freeza doesn't get the MVP award this episode because Vegeta was awesome, sharing the prize with Toppo just for that sick burn. :lol: