Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Torturephile
Regular

Re: Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Post by Torturephile » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Gligarman wrote:I'd be so down for a spinoff about the Universe 6 Saiyans, with Jaco.
I'm more interested in Jaco and Tights. Would love to see their manga be animated.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:45 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote: Adding more people doesn't always make something better.....
Sure it will, if they are rushing things more people means each person can spend more time polishing their assignment
Thats not to say a more efficient way would be preferable, but to say money wouldn't improve things is disingenuous. I get that its a balance of investment vs returns which is why not a practical thing to do
JazzMazz wrote: Check out Saikyo no Senshi's reply.
[spoiler]
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Staff shortage is an industry wide issue. Animators don't pop up out of thin air. It is not as easy as people think it is.

More importantly DBS' schedule was a nightmare. You can throw as many people as you want, as much money as you want, but with no time the results will be bad. Money doesn't solve the problem. It shouldn't even be considered a factor here. Time is key. The animators did the best as they can, but poor time management gives poor results. No talent and no amount of money can solve that problem. For that, you can blame the producers for green lighting a series with zero preproduction time.
[/spoiler]
Thats interesting, i get the point now and why its not practical to just throw money if you wont make a return
But surely the results will be better with more money and more people, not saying perfect but better

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:52 am

Cabba wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote: Adding more people doesn't always make something better.....
Sure it will, if they are rushing things more people means each person can spend more time polishing their assignment
Thats not to say a more efficient way would be preferable, but to say money wouldn't improve things is disingenuous. I get that its a balance of investment vs returns which is why not a practical thing to do
JazzMazz wrote: Check out Saikyo no Senshi's reply.
[spoiler]
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Staff shortage is an industry wide issue. Animators don't pop up out of thin air. It is not as easy as people think it is.

More importantly DBS' schedule was a nightmare. You can throw as many people as you want, as much money as you want, but with no time the results will be bad. Money doesn't solve the problem. It shouldn't even be considered a factor here. Time is key. The animators did the best as they can, but poor time management gives poor results. No talent and no amount of money can solve that problem. For that, you can blame the producers for green lighting a series with zero preproduction time.
[/spoiler]
Thats interesting, i get the point now and why its not practical to just throw money if you wont make a return
But surely the results will be better with more money and more people, not saying perfect but better
If the show improves really depends on how Toei plays its cards. The show has been getting more staff from other shows, namely Tiger Mask W which recently finished up. If more Toei productions finish up, Super may get more staff, but its not really a sure thing. All I can say is that an effort has been made by Toei to give the show more staff and hopefully it is a continuing trend.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:11 pm

JazzMazz wrote: If the show improves really depends on how Toei plays its cards. The show has been getting more staff from other shows, namely Tiger Mask W which recently finished up. If more Toei productions finish up, Super may get more staff, but its not really a sure thing. All I can say is that an effort has been made by Toei to give the show more staff and hopefully it is a continuing trend.
Cheers to that, i noticed lately an improvement on animations
SS3 in particular looked OP as fuck