Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:25 am

I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler. The fight was bad and was just Caulifla rushing at Goku with no success and then ending with a Ki blast that Goku blocks.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:26 am

HeroR wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: They will come and then they will "accidentally" kill off Goten and Trunks and nobody will care enough to wish them back. Only in filler episodes do we get to see them hanging out on Kaio's planet and telling the others to wish them back, when the gang needs to use the Dragon Balls for some stupid wish, they don't actually need the Dragon Balls for.
Future is bleak for Goten and kid Trunks fans :roll:
Not sure if sarcasm or serious. .-.
Goku is going to take Cali and Kale home with him thanks to a special request from Zen'o. That way, he finally get the children he always wanted instead of the losers he was stuck with.
All right, all right. Sarcasm it is. ._.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:33 am

Cabba wrote:SS3 Looking Z Badass was the highlight of this episode for me, I never expected SS3 looking this good on Super.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
After the infamous episode 5, I thought the same as well. I'm glad I was wrong.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:38 am

julianix wrote:Why did ssj2 Goku not destroy Caulifa and kale? It goes against all logic. Even tired and messing around Gokus ssj2 should be well above theirs. This show is getting ridiculous.

Dbs just confirmed that ssj is a set level...

So current ssj2 Goku is the same strength as dbz ssj2 Goku. No other way this makes sense.
No
Anyway I like how caulifla feels like she has to pick up the slack since cabba and hit are out it shows that she respect those two character

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:45 am

I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:46 am

[spoiler]
Tombstone1988 wrote:I re-watched the episode, and it really hammered home a few points to me. I feel I should go over the episode to slowly build up why I felt it didn't really work. First of all, it starts with Goku quite clearly saying he can't use all of his power, as he's still weakened from his fight with Jiren. Caulifla then swoops in and knocks away all 3 robots individually in her base form. Afterwards, she states that, thanks to Cabba, she's recovered all of her strength and goes SSJ2. She asks Goku to teach her SSJ3, which he immediately agrees to. She asks why he doesn't transform, and he states it's because he's still tired from facing Jiren. The two then fight, with Caulifla flying in and attacking. All of her attacks miss and Goku is able to evade her almost flawlessly. He then outpaces her (as a tired, base form Goku no less) to counterattack. Whis interrupts and says strength is no match for true martial arts (which is BS if you consider DBZ, but whatever). Afterwards, he utilizes both the Afterimage technique and Instant Transmission to gain an edge over her in what was probably the better part of the fight, in my opinion.

Now, everything up until this point hasn't really been all that bad. The two main points, however, are that Goku has stated multiple times that he's fatigued and that Caulifla apparently is little more than a brawler. Keep this in mind as I continue here. So, Caulifla manages to block one of Goku's IT attacks. He compliments her and they go into a series of close-range attacks. The two are even and end up clashing fists, with worn-out base Goku clashing evenly with Caulifla. Whis interjects again, saying that Caulifla has a massive amount of potential, and fighting Goku is bringing all of that potential out (keep in mind that this is all happening over the course of a few seconds; not days, not hours, not even minutes, but a few seconds). Beerus questions Whis, claiming "Didn't you say she was just a brawler?" Whis responds by acting aloof; "Oh, did I say that?"

So now we've backpedaled on the "Caulifla is just a simple brawler" idea. Continuing on, they keep fighting equally until Caulifla eventually lands a kick. Goku then goes SSJ2 (it's definitely SSJ2, you can see the lightning effects) and the two fight... and it's just as equal as it was prior to transforming. The fight looks almost exactly the same as before he transformed, albeit now he has golden hair. Seriously, their attacks continue to be equal in strength, Caulifla still manages to get in a hit and the two clash ki blasts, with them canceling out. Goku then apparently has the gall to say that she's apparently gained mastery over SSJ2, despite their fight being literally less than a minute in-universe: "I know I told you that you'll need to master Super Saiyan 2 first, but this is beyond what I imagined."

This is where everything comes together, in my opinion. Despite being seemingly "fatigued," Goku flawlessly avoids everything Caulifla throws at him initially and simultaneously continues to grow stronger and stronger. He even knocks her around as if he's toying with her; in fact, he may well be. But that runs counter to being "fatigued;" so why hammer home this point if you're going to basically immediately dismiss it? Caulifla is stated to be a simple brawler, but she is apparently so "filled with potential" that she can overcome that in a few seconds and immediately counter Goku. Why introduce the concept if you're going to immediately do a 180 on it? Finally, they have Goku transform, but there is no visible indication to any improvement on Goku's part upon powering up. What is the point, then? Why indicate a jump in power if visually he appears to do just as well as he was doing before transforming?

That leads to the ultimate point on why this episode didn't really work for me: nothing felt important. It all felt like pure filler to just eat up a bit of time. A setup to the eventual fusion that's coming. I gained nothing from the episode save seeing Goku be more enjoyable as a character than he was for most of the tournament. I gained nothing from this episode. And now I've spent all this time making this point on why I gained nothing from this episode. Guess the joke's on me. Anyway, I hope this can better clarify why I felt this episode didn't work for me.
[/spoiler]
This reminds me of this:
https://youtu.be/uPwVuC3YOrc
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:00 am

You know the move Caulifla used defeating the U3 bots reminded of Pan in the Final Bout opening
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:02 am

Because the SSJ2 fight was rather lackluster when compared to Goku and Majin Vegeta.

I didn't mind the episode, as the SSJ3 scene made up for everything but the fights just lack detail and tension.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:10 am

This episode was pretty weak,while i do like Caulifla and Kale team up they we're pretty good in this episode but other than that this episode feel like padding,like where is Vegeta vs Toppo or Gohan and Piccolo vs the namekians.Also Champa was really annoying in this episode seriously can't someone shut him up.
    Overall this episode was pretty weak.I'm excited for the next week episode because the fusion of Kale and Caulifla looks really cool.

hunduel
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:16 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:
    Because the SSJ2 fight was rather lackluster when compared to Goku and Majin Vegeta.

I didn't mind the episode, as the SSJ3 scene made up for everything but the fights just lack detail and tension.
    That's a fair point, and I understand your statement but I seriously can't understand what many people say on other sites like Twitter on YouTube. They literally want to quit the show just because they showed Kale and Caulifla and that the episode "was the worst by far in the whole series". What the fuck.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:18 am

Totamo wrote:[
    Wait. How is base goku beating caulifla stupid? Even if it was just based on power, base Goku should be stronger than any super saiyan transformation unless its coming from Vegeta.
    Ok your right but I thought Caulifla and Goku base were even
    Mostly active on discord.

HybridSaiyan
    Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 am

hunduel wrote:
    HybridSaiyan wrote:

That's a fair point, and I understand your statement but I seriously can't understand what many people say on other sites like Twitter on YouTube. They literally want to quit the show just because they showed Kale and Caulifla and that the episode "was the worst by far in the whole series". What the fuck.
    I don't get that either. The series shouldn't get cancelled for that reason lol. When I watch Super though, I just tend to put it on another category than Z and that way I don't get disappointed whenever they deliver a fight.

You just gotta put it like this; Z fights and Super fights.

dbgtFO
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
    HeroR wrote:
    Li'l Lemmy wrote:
    Not sure if sarcasm or serious. .-.
    Goku is going to take Cali and Kale home with him thanks to a special request from Zen'o. That way, he finally get the children he always wanted instead of the losers he was stuck with.
    All right, all right. Sarcasm it is. ._.
    Yeah, I too was being sarcastic.

Jigurashi
    Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:26 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler. The fight was bad and was just Caulifla rushing at Goku with no success and then ending with a Ki blast that Goku blocks.
    Probably because some of us enjoyed the fight and found it good. I certainly prefer it over most fights this saga.

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:29 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
    Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
    SHINOBI-03 wrote:Please tell me these "Teasers" aren't going to be the norm from now on. What's the point if we're going to see them in the episode anyway?

On the episode itself, I liked the fight. Half expected Caulifa to give up once she sees what Super Saiyan 3 looks like but guess the fight is going to be a bit longer now with Kale going berserk again.
    Unless you live in Japan this shouldn't be an issue as the simulcast doesn't have them. Anyway it's probably easy to avoid.
    Daisuki has them and AnimeLab too.
    Weird I watched it on Daisuki this morning and it wasn't there.

Torturephile
    Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
    From Super episode 113 thread:
    MaskedRider wrote:
    Torturephile wrote:
    The duality of man.

MaskedRider
    Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:37 am

Torturephile wrote:
    The duality of man.

HeroR
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:42 am

The gr wrote:
    Totamo wrote:[
    Wait. How is base goku beating caulifla stupid? Even if it was just based on power, base Goku should be stronger than any super saiyan transformation unless its coming from Vegeta.
    Ok your right but I thought Caulifla and Goku base were even
    That was never stated, especially since Cabba being even with Vegeta in base form is over a year old information in-universe and Vegeta been through a lot since then. So Vegeta and Goku could have easily pulled ahead of the U6 Saiyans. But I don't think the different between base form Goku and Cali is drastic, although it appears that way thanks to Goku's vast fighting experience.
    Kanassa wrote:
    precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
    Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

hunduel
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:42 am

Torturephile wrote:
    Except that I admit that the episode was average. Even though I subjectively liked it/enjoyed it.
    However, I simply don't understand how this episode was so horrible that people want to drop the whole show.

RedHeat
    Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:52 am

Honestly, I don't get how anyone can think this ep was worse than the Gohan & Piccolo vs Snipers one.
    Feels over Reals.