Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
percula
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:07 am
Location: Lithuania

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by percula » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:10 am

Not much happened in this one, but I always enjoy Goku and Caulifla's interactions, so I liked it. It was also nice to see Kale feeling more confident; she and Caulifla made a great team.
I can't believe that we're in the second half of the tournament, and it's been ages since a universe has been erased. Thought that only a few would be still here by this point. Then again, I really don't want to see Universe 6 go... Feeling very nervous for them.
So, next week we'll be getting Kafla. She looked pretty good in the preview. I wish she, or if they defuse, one of the girls can stay for a while longer... The fact that we're getting 3 episodes of Goku vs the girls in a row is a bit alarming. We'll see, I guess.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Enjoyable, plotless episode with a good rhythm. I'm a bit worried about next EP.

User avatar
gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by gofishus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:14 pm

BWri wrote:
HeroR wrote: She got Super Saiyan 2 to deflect a blast from Super Saiyan Berserk Kale that was aimed at Cabba, not "random muscle spasm like a sneeze".

Okay Mr./Ms. Literal, even though I was joking, what you just said isn't much more different. She ascended to a new form that others struggled to attain, to do what, deflect a single attack? Explain to me how that's not "extra special." Nobody else transforms into a new form like this.
Cali is also much stronger than Goten and Trunks and probably fights more than those two as well. Cabba seems to transformed through emotions like Gohan. Vegeta and Goku just got Super Saiyan 2 off-scene.
Except pure strength isn't the catalyst for SSJ2 so that isn't the problem here. The problem here is these forms need to be understood and concepts from previous forms mastered before moving on to the next. She's not showing that mastery at all. Evolution is one thing, but if these U6 Saiyans are so evolved, how come they never transformed before if all it takes is a little anger (literally insults) or back tingling. Bad writing.
She didn't learn Super Saiyan in an 'extra special' way. She just skipped anger and went to step 2, which is pretty much what Trunks and Goten did.
Not the same. We don't exactly know what Trunks and Goten did, so we can't use them either way. But even from what we do know about them, they should've had an easier time with the transformation than she did. First, Trunks lived with an adult who had already mastered SSJ and possibly SSJ2, so he could've learned just by watching Vegeta. Goten trained with Trunks and probably witnessed him using it before unlocking it himself. They likely had a lot of time to mess around with the form and learn some of its benefits and drawbacks ... or not, who knows? Caulifla literally had 48 hours to do all this. If that's not extra special, I don't know what is.
That wasn't a bad intro, unless you're that butt hurt about her not getting angry to get Super Saiyan,
No, but it sounds like you're butthurt over logical people calling asspulls and bad writing what they really are. I don't mind that the U6 Saiyans have an alternate trigger to turn SSJ. I just want them to be written in a way that makes more logical sense, in a way that I don't have to be embarrassed about when explaining it to my friends who don't watch the show like I do.
which was never a rule once Goten and Trunks broke it, on top of all Super Saiyan forms in the manga being off-scene after Goku.
We don't exactly know what they did, as you said, it was offscreen. We saw the Goten scene in the anime. Not sure if it was in the manga. But however Trunks attained it, we don't know. We just know Vegeta and Gohan somehow didn't know about it, even though they can sense power levels from across the world. My headcanon (which is no more valid or invalid than yours) tells me Trunks mimicked Vegeta and Goten mimicked Trunks. My headcanon also tells me that it took them a while to learn it and longer to learn to transform on command. I'm honestly tired of people justifying Caulifla by using Goten and Trunks. It doesn't help your argument.

But again, they're doing her much more justice now and I can appreciate that. At least she's not God tier at the moment.
Dont forget that mixed blood Saiyans are supposed to have more potential and easier to achieve transformations than pure blooded. This has been established already. So u cant compare Trunks and Goten with Caulifla.

User avatar
lord turbo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by lord turbo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Why do people bring up Goten and Trunks to excuse Caulifla and company? With Goten and Trunks its makes sense how they achieved SSJ due to them being children in the first place. Think about it, children are highly emotional and take everything seriously compared to mature older beings. Its quite possible that Goten or Trunks unlocked SSJ due to something entirely trivial that caused them to rage out and call forth the transformation.
"Before one may reach Heaven, they must endure Hell first. Only then will you be able to attain serenity beyond a sea of strife." & "Fear is not a sign of cowardice but the recognition of danger. Those who ignore this basic emotion do so out of vanity and are thus quelled before victory." - Roy Teal Jr.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:32 pm

lord turbo wrote:Why do people bring up Goten and Trunks to excuse Caulifla and company? With Goten and Trunks its makes sense how they achieved SSJ due to them being children in the first place. Think about it, children are highly emotional and take everything seriously compared to mature older beings. Its quite possible that Goten or Trunks unlocked SSJ due to something entirely trivial that caused them to rage out and call forth the transformation.
Maybe, maybe not. But ignoring the fact that in this scenario we're applying real world logic with fictional half alien babies, it's only a possibility. It makes sense to you in your head but we have no actual in Universe explanation for why they were able to do it. And having no explanation is something some folk always give Super shit for doing. For all we know they could have "possibly" sneezed into the transformation for all it matters. And if caulifla and Kale is such a problem then is that really how we want them to have achieved it? Goten broke Trunks toy and it unlocked the legendary form through a temper tantrum? Is that REALLY much better? Personally I like the idea that they just kind of did through play fighting much better. At least they did it through sparring or whatever.

At least we know for sure how Caulifla or Kale did it, whether we like it or not.

People make the comparison because it's a comparison worth making when Caulifla and Kale get shit on for gaining SSJ easy but let it pass with with Goten and Trunks using made up explanations never once even hinted at in universe like "they're children and children are very emotional" , or my personal favorite, Goku and Vegetas SSJ sperm is what caused them to be born SSJ.

Although yes, I acknowledge that not everyone even liked it with Goten and Trunks and that's fine, but if they did like it then but don't like it now then it just comes off as biased.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:25 pm

Boo Machine wrote:[
Although yes, I acknowledge that not everyone even liked it with Goten and Trunks and that's fine, but if they did like it then but don't like it now then it just comes off as biased.
Meh, 1) back then the 'genius' card wasn't as much overused as it is now and 2) Trunks and Goten are hybrid.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:31 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:[
Although yes, I acknowledge that not everyone even liked it with Goten and Trunks and that's fine, but if they did like it then but don't like it now then it just comes off as biased.
Meh, 1) back then the 'genius' card wasn't as much overused as it is now and 2) Trunks and Goten are hybrid.
1) It may be overplayed but it's still as valid as anything else. Getting tired of the card is completly understandable but it's not as bullshit as some would claim.

2) They sure are. Doesn't make it any less of a free pass. Plus Universe 6 saiyans evolved differently yadayada yada as much as I believe it's a good explanation I know some people are tired of hearing that over and over so I'll spare ya the displeasure of repeating the whole song and dance, the point is that getting SSJ easy shouldn't be surprise these days ESPECIALLY when they have actual reasons for getting it other than off screen doing who knows what because of genetics. Whether one likes those reasons is a different matter entirely.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Boo Machine wrote:...
The thing is, they give so much screentime to characters like Ribrianne, and Caulifla and Kale, and they really are nothing special. Meanwhile, we have Vegeta against Toppo, Gohan, 17 and 18 that... we don't see. If they want to do something with Caulifla by all means, but please make her interesting. 'Ooo I have something tingling in my back I'm a genius' and Kale 'I love my sis and I'm Miss Broly' IS really just bullcrap to sell toys. THAT is what people are pissed about, it's not really about power level or overall coherency at this point because honestly, if these are such show-breaker to some, live with it or just stop watch, it won't get better on that aspect.

Episode was cool nevertheless just not what I expect from Super at this point, not after all the great episodes we had in last couple of months.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Oh you're free to not like them as much as you like. I won't fault anyone for not liking characters. Within reason. But I see the point of easily obtaining SSJ as one of the main points for dislike. That's what I'm arguing.

If you're upset at their screen time or not being interesting enough for you then that's a different topic entirely.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
PsionicWarrior
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Boo Machine wrote:But I see the point of easily obtaining SSJ as one of the main points for dislike. That's what I'm arguing.
I don't mind that, I told myself after FTrunks not to mind this stuff any longer. Couldn't help it not to remember how much they were supposed to be the MOST AWESOME STRONGEST fighters of ALL THE UNIVERSES in this tournament and yet some get their ass kicked by n00bs who just turned SSJ2 though. :mrgreen:

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Was this intented to be a special like the Goku vs Jiren fight? It started the same way the special did, not a single elimination, and Goku is once again the only U7 that is shown fighting.

Pretty weak episode compared to 112. I liked Caulifla's interactions with Goku, SSJ3 looked cool, Kale and Caulifla teamup was great, but the Goku vs Caulifla fight was pretty meh. I wish they would stop constantly showing Krillin and Shin saying things no one cares about and Zeno's "oohhhs". They are so annoying at this point. Champa was also annoying, constantly shouting the same things in his annoying voice over and over again. Caulifla was so me when she told him to shut up. Champa's a funny character, or at least was to me, but he has been so annoying in this saga. Also, this a minor nitpick but I hated how the episode started with Caulifla beating up the robots once again, eventhough we already saw her beating them at the end of the last episode. I hate it when animes do this.

NEP looks okay. It will probably be the same as this episode was, with a fusion thrown in at the end of the episode. Gotta say I really like Kefla's design.
Last edited by TheDipDap1234 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by majinwarman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:03 pm

I think should respect your views though I personally liked the Saiyan girls due it could lead to a Universe 6 arc in which our heroes go there to visit Plant Sadal and meet the other sayians there. I think that this episode should get a 7 out of 10.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2653
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by Miracles » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Kokonoe wrote:
Miracles wrote:Well Super has always pushed the U6 Saiyans potential. So they are finally delivering it. Toriyama himself is on record stating that Saiyans get stronger as the fight goes on too. Super is being consistent.
Look at all of the things Goku had to do to get to where he is, even power freaks like Gohan still required immense training from Goku and Piccolo to even get to where he was at and he was trained hard ever since he was a child.

I see nothing about these Saiyans that imply they undergo insane training, they are just...already there and light sparring causes them to achieve what took characters (including gifted ones) so much hard work and magic like power unlocks to achieve. Even when looking at their bodies being skinny with no muscle it kind of shows a lack of training when characters like Goten and Trunks actually have muscle. Even in oddities like the Buu saga where Goten and Trunks achieved Super Saiyan, you can still argue that they have the genes of a Super Saiyan from their fathers.

Once again, I like Super, but these Saiyans I really am not the biggest fan of.
I understand people are mad cause Goku and Vegeta train for their powers and the U6 Saiyans do not.
However, the fighting is actually better than training for the U6 Saiyans. Their potential gets pushed even further against strong opponents.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

Diggz92
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:45 am

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by Diggz92 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:15 pm

I like having the U6 saiyans around it gives goku a chance to learn about a race he never got to interact with out side of vegeta,nappa,radditz. At the time they were trying to wipe him out along with earth even though this is somewhat the same situation in the survival arc. As for vegeta its is chance to see where is race has gone and evolved since they dont exist in the U7. also we get to see more of them soon in their on arc possibly with goten,trunks tagging along.

Sure the transformations seem to get out of hand and I wish Cabba, kale and Cali trained more to reach their respective level. But in order to keep things interesting and not seem like a blow out in the tournament they had to give them strength to at least be ssj2 level anything more would be over kill. Kale at least she has something unique except its a reskin broly but hey i wont complain.

Anyways this episode was good showing that skill over strength is important as it give a reason why cali ssj2 couldnt touch goku. but since he is somewhat training her she is adapting well to his attacks and kale joining was pretty good too. i give it 9/10 just for being action packed and the interactions with the three of them also ssj3 was amazing to see even if it was only for a brief second. but i think they could have left out the intro to the episode showcasing the ending so early.

User avatar
lord turbo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by lord turbo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
lord turbo wrote:Why do people bring up Goten and Trunks to excuse Caulifla and company? With Goten and Trunks its makes sense how they achieved SSJ due to them being children in the first place. Think about it, children are highly emotional and take everything seriously compared to mature older beings. Its quite possible that Goten or Trunks unlocked SSJ due to something entirely trivial that caused them to rage out and call forth the transformation.
Maybe, maybe not. But ignoring the fact that in this scenario we're applying real world logic with fictional half alien babies, it's only a possibility. It makes sense to you in your head but we have no actual in Universe explanation for why they were able to do it. And having no explanation is something some folk always give Super shit for doing. For all we know they could have "possibly" sneezed into the transformation for all it matters. And if caulifla and Kale is such a problem then is that really how we want them to have achieved it? Goten broke Trunks toy and it unlocked the legendary form through a temper tantrum? Is that REALLY much better? Personally I like the idea that they just kind of did through play fighting much better. At least they did it through sparring or whatever.

At least we know for sure how Caulifla or Kale did it, whether we like it or not.

People make the comparison because it's a comparison worth making when Caulifla and Kale get shit on for gaining SSJ easy but let it pass with with Goten and Trunks using made up explanations never once even hinted at in universe like "they're children and children are very emotional" , or my personal favorite, Goku and Vegetas SSJ sperm is what caused them to be born SSJ.

Although yes, I acknowledge that not everyone even liked it with Goten and Trunks and that's fine, but if they did like it then but don't like it now then it just comes off as biased.
They only reason I'm applying real world logic of kids to fictional kids of the same age group its because Trunks and Goten act exactly like that, highly emotional immature children taking everything to seriously. Trunks and Goten attained SSJ off-screen yes, but nothing suggest it was any different for them than anyone else and the only lore in Z was rage which is what Goku taught kid Gohan so they had to have been angry about something to unlock it as well. In context, Goten or trunks achieving it through a temper tantrum makes sense because they are children so I honestly see no problem with that. It would be stupid if they did it when they are 17/18 or young adults who are suppose to be more mature than that.

They could have achieved it through any trivial matter that was a big deal to them. Plus Goten and Trunks have genes from their powerful fathers to fall back on like Gohan, what exactly do Kale and Caulifla have? Jealousy and back tingles? I don't like when Goten and Trunks are thrown under the bus to excuse someone else's nonsense, but I don't like when they did it either, but you could at least rationalize it based off of what we knew from the lore of the series at the time, but then again its to be expected if Kid Gohan is anything to go by so they have excuses being hybrids and all that jazz.
TheDipDap1234 wrote:Pretty weak episode compared to 112. I liked Caulifla's interactions with Goku, SSJ3 looked cool, Kale and Caulifla teamup was great, but the Goku vs Caulifla fight was pretty meh. I wish they would stop constantly showing Krillin and Shin saying things no one cares about and Zeno's "oohhhs". They are so annoying at this point. Champa was also annoying, constantly shouting the same things in his annoying voice over and over again.
Agreed, its there to pad the runtime to a full episode length by constantly cutting away to character stating the plain obvious "Oh my god, she transformed, Goku is getting pushed back, Caulifla is strong, she's getting pushed back" such as Shin and Kuririn's pointless commentary no one gives a damn about or Zeno's very child-like remarks. I hate when animes use this trick instead of better utilizing run time on things that move said story further along.
"Before one may reach Heaven, they must endure Hell first. Only then will you be able to attain serenity beyond a sea of strife." & "Fear is not a sign of cowardice but the recognition of danger. Those who ignore this basic emotion do so out of vanity and are thus quelled before victory." - Roy Teal Jr.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:05 pm

lord turbo wrote: They only reason I'm applying real world logic of kids to fictional kids of the same age group its because Trunks and Goten act exactly like that, highly emotional immature children taking everything to seriously. Trunks and Goten attained SSJ off-screen yes, but nothing suggest it was any different for them than anyone else and the only lore in Z was rage which is what Goku taught kid Gohan so they had to have been angry about something to unlock it as well. In context, Goten or trunks achieving it through a temper tantrum makes sense because they are children so I honestly see no problem with that. It would be stupid if they did it when they are 17/18 or young adults who are suppose to be more mature than that.

They could have achieved it through any trivial matter that was a big deal to them. Plus Goten and Trunks have genes from their powerful fathers to fall back on like Gohan, what exactly do Kale and Caulifla have? Jealousy and back tingles? I don't like when Goten and Trunks are thrown under the bus to excuse someone else's nonsense, but I don't like when they did it either, but you could at least rationalize it based off of what we knew from the lore of the series at the time, but then again its to be expected if Kid Gohan is anything to go by so they have excuses being hybrids and all that jazz.
You can use all the lore in the world, it's all still guess work. The best you get is maybe because they're hybrids, but not even Gohan had the luxary of poping into Super saiyan at that young an age when he was angry and emotional. And he is the god damn face of Rage boosts. It's all maybes and probablys and what if's. So if someone gets to use iffy info for those 2 then the same should be granted the girls who actually have on screen methods. It's not nonsense, it's using what we know and what's actually being told to us.

As it stands Trunks and Goten got their forms a lot easier than the girls. That's also guess work but it's as good as anything else anyone comes up with. Saying the boys can do it because they're Hybrids is pretty much just telling me "Cuz genetics", which is fine but guess what, the girls also have that because it's been stated that they evolve differently because it's a different Universe. Basically Genetics. It's the same excuse. They literally could not have gone out of their way more to say that these saiyans are different unless they came from a different reality and had 4 eyes and purple skin.

At least Caulifla was actually taught by Cabba. "Focus your strength into your back" That's how he says he does it and then he describes it as a tingly feeling. It's not their fault the fanbase decided to run with the description and make it sound as silly as possible to diminish it. Jealousy may sound silly, but if we can use real world logic, some people are just more emotional than others. If Maybes are ok, then MAYBE the thought of losing Caulifla is that tramatic to her. It's trivial to us but to her it's the biggest deal in the world.

I don't care if someone doesn't like the girls. I really don't. Dislike them all you want but these rants about how they ruined SSJ from some folk because they got it to easy is ridiculous, when Goten and Trunks got it POSSIBLY easier and they have no real explanation that isn't made up by fans to justify it.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7757
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
lord turbo wrote: They only reason I'm applying real world logic of kids to fictional kids of the same age group its because Trunks and Goten act exactly like that, highly emotional immature children taking everything to seriously. Trunks and Goten attained SSJ off-screen yes, but nothing suggest it was any different for them than anyone else and the only lore in Z was rage which is what Goku taught kid Gohan so they had to have been angry about something to unlock it as well. In context, Goten or trunks achieving it through a temper tantrum makes sense because they are children so I honestly see no problem with that. It would be stupid if they did it when they are 17/18 or young adults who are suppose to be more mature than that.

They could have achieved it through any trivial matter that was a big deal to them. Plus Goten and Trunks have genes from their powerful fathers to fall back on like Gohan, what exactly do Kale and Caulifla have? Jealousy and back tingles? I don't like when Goten and Trunks are thrown under the bus to excuse someone else's nonsense, but I don't like when they did it either, but you could at least rationalize it based off of what we knew from the lore of the series at the time, but then again its to be expected if Kid Gohan is anything to go by so they have excuses being hybrids and all that jazz.
You can use all the lore in the world, it's all still guess work. The best you get is maybe because they're hybrids, but not even Gohan had the luxary of poping into Super saiyan at that young an age when he was angry and emotional. And he is the god damn face of Rage boosts. It's all maybes and probablys and what if's. So if someone gets to use iffy info for those 2 then the same should be granted the girls who actually have on screen methods. It's not nonsense, it's using what we know and what's actually being told to us.

As it stands Trunks and Goten got their forms a lot easier than the girls. That's also guess work but it's as good as anything else anyone comes up with. Saying the boys can do it because they're Hybrids is pretty much just telling me "Cuz genetics", which is fine but guess what, the girls also have that because it's been stated that they evolve differently because it's a different Universe. Basically Genetics. It's the same excuse. They literally could not have gone out of their way more to say that these saiyans are different unless they came from a different reality and had 4 eyes and purple skin.

At least Caulifla was actually taught by Cabba. "Focus your strength into your back" That's how he says he does it and then he describes it as a tingly feeling. It's not their fault the fanbase decided to run with the description and make it sound as silly as possible to diminish it. Jealousy may sound silly, but if we can use real world logic, some people are just more emotional than others. If Maybes are ok, then MAYBE the thought of losing Caulifla is that tramatic to her. It's trivial to us but to her it's the biggest deal in the world.

I don't care if someone doesn't like the girls. I really don't. Dislike them all you want but these rants about how they ruined SSJ from some folk because they got it to easy is ridiculous, when Goten and Trunks got it POSSIBLY easier and they have no real explanation that isn't made up by fans to justify it.
Officially, Goten and Trunks got Super Saiyan easily because they're tailless hybrids. Which actually relates to the U6 Saiyans who evolved to not to have tails. It was also stated that as Saiyans get stronger, their tails naturally stop growing since they don't need them anymore.

In short, Saiyans at a certain power point don't need their tails anymore. Goten and Trunks are gifted because they're hybrids and they were born naturally without tails. U6 Saiyans have gone generations without tails to the point that Cabba doesn't even know about them in the anime at least. So, U6 Saiyans would have almost the same advantages as Goten and Trunks.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 pm

HeroR wrote: Officially, Goten and Trunks got Super Saiyan easily because they're tailless hybrids. Which actually relates to the U6 Saiyans who evolved to not to have tails. It was also stated that as Saiyans get stronger, their tails naturally stop growing since they don't need them anymore.

In short, Saiyans at a certain power point don't need their tails anymore. Goten and Trunks are gifted because they're hybrids and they were born naturally without tails. U6 Saiyans have gone generations without tails to the point that Cabba doesn't even know about them in the anime at least. So, U6 Saiyans would have almost the same advantages as Goten and Trunks.
I think I had heard about tailess hybrid thing somewhere but I cannot for the life of me remember the source. Was it from a book or something?

But yeah, that also makes sense and it's certainly a lot simpler to understand.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7757
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
HeroR wrote: Officially, Goten and Trunks got Super Saiyan easily because they're tailless hybrids. Which actually relates to the U6 Saiyans who evolved to not to have tails. It was also stated that as Saiyans get stronger, their tails naturally stop growing since they don't need them anymore.

In short, Saiyans at a certain power point don't need their tails anymore. Goten and Trunks are gifted because they're hybrids and they were born naturally without tails. U6 Saiyans have gone generations without tails to the point that Cabba doesn't even know about them in the anime at least. So, U6 Saiyans would have almost the same advantages as Goten and Trunks.
I think I had heard about tailess hybrid thing somewhere but I cannot for the life of me remember the source. Was it from a book or something?

But yeah, that also makes sense and it's certainly a lot simpler to understand.
It was in one of the Daizenshuu 4. Here's the insert:

The tailless second generation are super ultra child prodigies. Saiyan genes have an extraordinarily good compatibility with Earthling blood. Because of this, when the two races are mixed together children with formidable power are born. Particularly, those Halflings born without tails hide an exceptional battle power. There are many things that they naturally master from a young age, such as the ordinarily arduous transformation into a Super Saiyan. In spite of having such an outstanding battle sense, they do not have a fondness for battle like a pure Saiyan. Instead, it seems that the violent temperament of the Saiyan has been relaxed through their Earthling blood.


From Toriyama himself about Saiyan's tails:

What happened to Vegeta's tail after he was defeated on Earth?

The tail lets you get tremendous strength instantly by transforming into a great ape, but the risks are equally great-- you'll lose your strength if it's squeezed. Once you're as powerful as Vegeta and Goku, the tail just gets in the way. It is thought that the bodies of Saiyans, who are a fighting species, decided that their tails are unnecessary appendages.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: Super Episode 113 (29 October 2017)

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 pm

HeroR wrote:
It was in one of the Daizenshuu 4. Here's the insert:

The tailless second generation are super ultra child prodigies. Saiyan genes have an extraordinarily good compatibility with Earthling blood. Because of this, when the two races are mixed together children with formidable power are born. Particularly, those Halflings born without tails hide an exceptional battle power. There are many things that they naturally master from a young age, such as the ordinarily arduous transformation into a Super Saiyan. In spite of having such an outstanding battle sense, they do not have a fondness for battle like a pure Saiyan. Instead, it seems that the violent temperament of the Saiyan has been relaxed through their Earthling blood.


From Toriyama himself about Saiyan's tails:

What happened to Vegeta's tail after he was defeated on Earth?

The tail lets you get tremendous strength instantly by transforming into a great ape, but the risks are equally great-- you'll lose your strength if it's squeezed. Once you're as powerful as Vegeta and Goku, the tail just gets in the way. It is thought that the bodies of Saiyans, who are a fighting species, decided that their tails are unnecessary appendages.
"Super ultra prodigies" Holy shit.

Daizenshuu 4, got it. Thanks!
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Post Reply