Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4866
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by TheMikado » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Hmmm this is kinda funny. It feels like kale/Caulifa looks like what I expected when I initially assumed they would be one character. I wouldn’t be shocked if there was some kind of means for them to suddenly be able to “stay fused”. If that happened I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was originally one character split into two.

User avatar
_FutureTrunks_
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:43 am

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by _FutureTrunks_ » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Guys, for me this episode had one of the best animation in whole Dragon Ball Super series. :clap:
- Gohan was my master

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7454
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Olympian wrote:Took you guys long. I stopped caring about PL when kids with no combat or long training experience got to die their hair blond and be more powerful than characters with a lifehood of it, just to sell more merchandise.
Oh my god, how funny you are! I can't not resist after this making me laughing so much :lol:

Not that was a great joke after all is the same usual thing dropped in this forum: "People criticize Super, well let's cricitize Z even without trying to make sense"

I mean kids with no combat experience? You may say that about Goten, but Trunks was trained ever since by Vegeta. The same series that hybrids were stated to have way more potential than full blooded Saiyans, but yet people like to ignore because they don't liked how they achieved the SSJ transformation.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Torturephile
Regular
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Torturephile » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:53 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:So........ Is another thread gonna be swallowed up by power level grievances?

I find it's hard to enjoy the episodes as much when I see this kind of back-and-forth debate, ESPECIALLY if there's so much negativity.

And it's not like I can just avoid this discussion. I WANT TO PARTICIPATE in these discussions, so I can't just ignore this, either.
I usually stop reading them once that happens.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

User avatar
Taidow
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Taidow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:06 pm

I found this episode to be really enjoyable. It showed Kale's character progression in a nice way. We don't have a lot of time knowing her so it may feel too rushed. At the same time, it seems that the three U6 Saiyans are super strong in their base forms. In Pokémon terms, their base forms were at a much higher level than their first evolution lv requirement. So, once they unlocked Super Saiyan, their individual potential came out.

Cabba and Caulifla | SS 1 > SS 2
Kale | SS 1 > Beserk > Legendary SS

Kale now has control over her form and it took a lot of self-confidence to do it. Caulifla assured her she was her best friend and mention how awesome Kale was. Kale was always plagued by self-doubt.

"While it is always best to believe in oneself, a little help from others can be a great blessing." - Iroh

With this being a Potara fusion, I get the feeling like the girls could split again before the tournament ends. Caulifla's overconfidence could leak out and have Kafla use too much stamina and the fusion ends prematurely.

Frieza was great and I get the feeling he will be the one to split the girls. For now he chose to ignore the U3 space cop. I feel like that guy is just here for comic relief. We'll see next episode with 17.

I know they'll never be friends but Goku and Frieza's interactions are hilarious. Frieza tries to attack him from behind.
Goku :problem:
Frieza :roll:
ブラストバーン > みずしゅ りけん
効果はバツグン

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:07 pm

_FutureTrunks_ wrote:Guys, for me this episode had one of the best animation in whole Dragon Ball Super series. :clap:
I actually think it is the best in the whole franchise, maybe I'm remembering wrong so if there is a better episode let me check it out.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10199
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Do people not have logic? Does wanting to complain block that? If the two Saiyans girls fused in SS then how come the resulted fusion was in Base...? Like come it's simple logic they didn't fuse in SS...

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5467
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by precita » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Why do people think their fusion being so powerful is wrong?

If Trunks and Goten, two standard Super Saiyans...can become a Super Saiyan 3 in a fusion, then why on earth wouldn't a powerful SSJ2 like Caulifa, and however godly Kale's beserk form is...now make a fusion on the level of a God?

Last time I checked Trunks and Goten fusion made them into SSJ3's when neither one of them are on that level individually.

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4866
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by TheMikado » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Noah wrote:
Olympian wrote:Took you guys long. I stopped caring about PL when kids with no combat or long training experience got to die their hair blond and be more powerful than characters with a lifehood of it, just to sell more merchandise.
Oh my god, how funny you are! I can't not resist after this making me laughing so much :lol:

Not that was a great joke after all is the same usual thing dropped in this forum: "People criticize Super, well let's cricitize Z even without trying to make sense"

I mean kids with no combat experience? You may say that about Goten, but Trunks was trained ever since by Vegeta. The same series that hybrids were stated to have way more potential than full blooded Saiyans, but yet people like to ignore because they don't liked how they achieved the SSJ transformation.
Goten was specifically trained by Chichi and if I remember it was daily and intense for his age.

User avatar
Sandubadear
I Live Here
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
Location: Space Amazon

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:46 pm

precita wrote:Why do people think their fusion being so powerful is wrong?

If Trunks and Goten, two standard Super Saiyans...can become a Super Saiyan 3 in a fusion, then why on earth wouldn't a powerful SSJ2 like Caulifa, and however godly Kale's beserk form is...now make a fusion on the level of a God?

Last time I checked Trunks and Goten fusion made them into SSJ3's when neither one of them are on that level individually.
Mainly because pre-BoG Vegetto was supposed to be weaker than SSG Goku.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

User avatar
Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Scaling debates aside, I found myself really enjoying this particular episode. I'm not sure if that was because of the animation, Super Saiyan God getting a lot of attention, fusion fanservice or what, but it was just an incredibly fun episode to watch.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7812
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:58 pm

No Freeza eliminating U6 trash, 0/10
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Totamo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Doctor. wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:So........ Is another thread gonna be swallowed up by power level grievances?

I find it's hard to enjoy the episodes as much when I see this kind of back-and-forth debate, ESPECIALLY if there's so much negativity.

And it's not like I can just avoid this discussion. I WANT TO PARTICIPATE in these discussions, so I can't just ignore this, either.
Arguing about consistency when it comes to established plot points isn't arguing about powerlevels.
Wait, why is the vegetto line a plot point? It was a throw away line to establish beerus is stronger. Dragon ball does that all the time. It doesn't even make sense in that one because Goku can't sense beerus' power so how did he know that it wouldn't work. Not to mention Goku and Vegeta wouldn't even use fusion.

Either way Goku didn't win that fight even with ssg, so why does it matter?


It is power level, don't say its not. Its about her being stronger than people think she should be and i understand that. But lets talk it like it is.

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Totamo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Noah wrote:
Olympian wrote:Took you guys long. I stopped caring about PL when kids with no combat or long training experience got to die their hair blond and be more powerful than characters with a lifehood of it, just to sell more merchandise.
Oh my god, how funny you are! I can't not resist after this making me laughing so much :lol:

Not that was a great joke after all is the same usual thing dropped in this forum: "People criticize Super, well let's cricitize Z even without trying to make sense"

I mean kids with no combat experience? You may say that about Goten, but Trunks was trained ever since by Vegeta. The same series that hybrids were stated to have way more potential than full blooded Saiyans, but yet people like to ignore because they don't liked how they achieved the SSJ transformation.
Because we never saw it. Goten and Trunks already knew how to go super saiyan. No one ever taught them how.


Gohan had to be taught how and he has the most potential.

User avatar
t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 2:50 pm
Location: UK

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by t0ffe3m4n » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Did Takahashi do a lot of Buu saga Z? The art at times in this episode was incredible and the most 'Z like' that Super has ever been. We need to see it far more often!

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:41 am

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Freezerbaby » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:15 pm

-Glad we finally get an explanation as to how powerful ones becomes after doing the potara fusion, 10 times stronger.
-Dyspo can´t handle even final form freeza, maybe he will go tell Jiren there is another guy he is needed for.
-Freeza is definitely the new vegeta, watching goku´s fights as a bystander, not teaming up with him, waiting for his turn to step in to do battle against his same opponents.
-Animation has never been this great, it measures up to that of the movies.

User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5960
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:23 pm

t0ffe3m4n wrote:Did Takahashi do a lot of Buu saga Z? The art at times in this episode was incredible and the most 'Z like' that Super has ever been. We need to see it far more often!
Nope, he never worked on Z. His name is Yuya Takahashi, and he's a young, talented freelance animator who's really done his homework and understands the series' aesthetics more than Yamamuro does now. His style's an excellent blend of prime Tadayoshi Yamamuro, some of Minoru Maeda (or at least maybe Masaki Sato), some Naoki Miyahara (with one shot resembling Keisuke Masunaga's work), and it's the ultimate representation of everything I loved about late Z's art style.

He did an earlier episode of Super, but his work was mangled by Yamamuro's corrections. We had a glimpse of him when Goku fought Jiren with Ultra Instinct. I think he also worked on some of the Freeza stuff in the F special, but he was adhering more to Super's designs in that cut (or his work was being corrected), but it was leagues above what was in Z in those cuts (mainly due to it being made of up Last House and Seigasha, with the later being originally a cut mostly done by Takeuchi Tomekichi).
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 pm

One of the best looking episodes of Super by far. Great fight choreography. Music was top notch too. Solid episode overall. Not big on Kefla's design though.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single
- Madman Level 1.1

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Nope, he never worked on Z. His name is Yuya Takahashi, and he's a young, talented freelance animator who's really done his homework and understands the series' aesthetics more than Yamamuro does now. His style's an excellent blend of prime Tadayoshi Yamamuro, some of Minoru Maeda (or at least maybe Masaki Sato), some Naoki Miyahara (with one shot resembling Keisuke Masunaga's work), and it's the ultimate representation of everything I loved about late Z's art style.
His art in this episode actually reminded me more of Masunaga's work than anything. The wide, large pupils is probably why he instantly came to mind.

User avatar
Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 114 (5 November 2017)

Post by Zagacious » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Nice to see fusion coming back, but I have my doubts about it lasting for much longer before they get unfused, considering how powerful they appear already.

My only real problem with this episode is that I already knew they were going to wait until the end of the episode to have them fuse after we've already had a pretty good length of time focused solely on the U6 Saiyans now in a row, and 115 will make it 4 episodes in a row of them. A lot of what happened last episode was just repeated in this episode which made 113 kind of pointless.

Also something strange with why the Zenos never even mentioned the Potara earrings being used. Zenos got super excited and commented almost every time Roshi used the Mafuba, I would say the Potara earrings/fusion are just as amazing and powerful if not more than the Mafuba and seal so it's weird to see them not even make a comment about it. It's pretty well established that some items can be used now, but still it's weird for them to not even say anything about it.

Post Reply