Super Episode 116 (19 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 116 (19 November 2017)

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 pm

gofishus wrote:Too bad looks like Ribrianne is here to stay. She gets another transformation next episode. Who would have thought that Caulifla, Kale and Hit would be out before her?? :|
Is this a meme or something?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 pm

To make it simple: they made Kefla on purpose this strong just to give UI Goku a good benchmark where he is the victory. Its simple.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm

HeroR wrote:
gofishus wrote:Too bad looks like Ribrianne is here to stay. She gets another transformation next episode. Who would have thought that Caulifla, Kale and Hit would be out before her?? :|
What's with this recent fad of dismissing opinions you don't like as memes? I've been seeing a lot of people do it lately.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Asura wrote:
HeroR wrote:
What's with this recent fad of dismissing opinions you don't like as memes? I've been seeing a lot of people do it lately.
That isn’t what I meant. I asked because I have seen many, many “Ribrianne outlast such and such”. So I asked if this is a meme like the “Jiren has no personality” meme.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26 pm

HeroR wrote:
Asura wrote:
HeroR wrote:
That isn’t what I meant. I asked because I have seen many, many “Ribrianne outlast such and such”. So I asked if this is a meme like the “Jiren has no personality” meme.
You proved my point again, lol. Jiren having no personality isn't a meme either.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Asura wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Asura wrote:
You proved my point again, lol. Jiren having no personality isn't a meme either.
It is a meme since Jiren has a personality. It being dry or people not liking it isn’t the same as ‘no personality’.

But whatever.
Kanassa wrote:

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Asura wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Asura wrote:
Nah, there are plenty of Jiren having no personality memes.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:07 pm

While Vegeta's flashback reminded to us how bad the drawings often were back to the RoF arc, IMHO this episode, with the "slide kamehameha", showed us one of the "good things" of the show, and that it's still possible to add nice and creative things in the franchise, after so many years.

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:26 pm

I'm going to call it now Vegeta is learn/master attacking in ultra instinct since Goku has the defense down

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:32 pm

HeroR wrote:
Asura wrote:
HeroR wrote:
I haven't seen that become a meme yet. I think the 'if Caulifla goes ___ then I'm done' is a meme but I havent heard of this Ribrianne meme.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Diggz92 wrote:I'm going to call it now Vegeta is learn/master attacking in ultra instinct since Goku has the defense down
And then Vegito could handle both attack and defence in UI...
But Vegito did alredy appear in Black's arc, so I find it unlikely...

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 pm

"Jiren has no personality" ain't a meme, it's just a statement of fact. The only memes I've seen for Jiren are just re-purposed Chuck Norris memes.

"If Caulifla goes SSB, I'm quitting Super" is totes a meme because you can twist it around to take the piss. "If Harry Potter goes Super Sonic I'm quitting Naruto". That sort of thing.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Kataphrut wrote:"Jiren has no personality" ain't a meme, it's just a statement of fact. The only memes I've seen for Jiren are just re-purposed Chuck Norris memes.

"If Caulifla goes SSB, I'm quitting Super" is totes a meme because you can twist it around to take the piss. "If Harry Potter goes Super Sonic I'm quitting Naruto". That sort of thing.
It isn’t no matter how hard you push it. Jiren has a personality, you just don’t like it.
Kanassa wrote:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Diggz92 wrote:I'm going to call it now Vegeta is learn/master attacking in ultra instinct since Goku has the defense down
More likely Goku just gets both for his rematch with Jiren.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:"Jiren has no personality" ain't a meme, it's just a statement of fact. The only memes I've seen for Jiren are just re-purposed Chuck Norris memes.

It isn’t no matter how hard you push it. Jiren has a personality, you just don’t like it.
Oh, I was joshing. I'm pretty well disposed toward Jiren. Like, the manga characterisation where he's the ultimate good guy is what I originally wanted from him, but now I have both versions to compare I kind of prefer what the anime is doing with him.

Also, the "Caulifla goes X" meme is pretty funny now she's out of the tournament and never actually got stronger. Almost like people were getting worked up over nothing :lol:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
HeroR wrote:

Oh, I was joshing. I'm pretty well disposed toward Jiren. Like, the manga characterisation where he's the ultimate good guy is what I originally wanted from him, but now I have both versions to compare I kind of prefer what the anime is doing with him.

Also, the "Caulifla goes X" meme is pretty funny now she's out of the tournament and never actually got stronger. Almost like people were getting worked up over nothing :lol:
Cali did get stronger, she just never got any new forms past Super Saiyan 2.
Kanassa wrote:

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Looking at the manga, Beerus got hit when he did Ulta Instinct (or he run out of it). Goku did not once dropped his guard. Does that mean his UI (only defence) is better than Beerus UI?

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 pm

After several rewatches, this has gone down as one of my favourite episodes of the arc. This episode nailed the ‘cool factor’. Seeing stuff like Goku appearing right behind Kafla or surfing on a beam with a friggin Kamehameha is just all kinds of awesomeness.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
More likely Goku just gets both for his rematch with Jiren.
This. Vegeta getting UI in this tourney would be BAD writing and a unforgivable asspull. He's not compatible with UI because he thinks wayyyy to much. This is Goku's arc where he closes the gap or surpasses the GoDs.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Gig wrote:
And then Vegito could handle both attack and defence in UI...
But Vegito did alredy appear in Black's arc, so I find it unlikely...
Vegito returning in this tourney is bad writing. He's already on GoD level with just SSB. It completely defeats the purpose of this being Goku's arc. Better for him to master both aspects of UI and fight Jiren again. Vegeta should NOT get UI.