Super Episode 116 (19 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Episode 116 (19 November 2017)

Post by Basaku » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:18 pm

The more UI is animated as silver, the better it looks. Hopefully fully-mastered UI is that, near-fully silver. Would make a fine new transformation, the most pleasantly looking from all the ones added in movies/Super.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 am

Assuming Piccolo does fuse with both Namekians where do you think he will be level wise?

Current Piccolo: ?
Fusion Piccolo (how strong you think he should be): ?
Fusion Piccolo (how strong toei will make him be): ?

I think Piccolo is above a Buu saga SS2 maybe around Buy Ss3 Goku.
Fusion Piccolo should be between ult. Gohan and Red God Level.
I think Toei will make him around blue but below kaioken blue.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:49 am

TobyS wrote:Assuming Piccolo does fuse with both Namekians where do you think he will be level wise?

Current Piccolo: ?
Fusion Piccolo (how strong you think he should be): ?
Fusion Piccolo (how strong toei will make him be): ?

I think Piccolo is above a Buu saga SS2 maybe around Buy Ss3 Goku.
Fusion Piccolo should be between ult. Gohan and Red God Level.
I think Toei will make him around blue but below kaioken blue.
Piccolo will only fuse with someone when he has to beat someone no one else can . That means Jiren level.

Piccolo won't fuse because if Universe 7 win they will bring back Universe 6 and because they have Ultra Instinct Goku.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:23 pm

MegaBossMan wrote:Interested to see the criticisms for this episode. It really landed perfectly with a climatic and series-defining Kamehameha to end Kamehamehas, and frankly if you weren't fond of this episode Super may not be the series for you. Not to say it was flawless but it certainly captures Super at its best. Perfectly recaptured what I loved about Z. The kinetic energy, the humorous side-bits, and kickass storyboarding. When Goku was barely nipped by her blast I think I got chills.
Why do I see this posted in like every single episode? It's like they know that there is tons of stuff people are going to criticize and they jump ahead to dismiss them before the complaints even begin. People said the same thing about the Goku vs Caulifla/Kale episode that if you didn't like it you don't like DBZ, where pretty much nothing happened, so it's meaningless now whenever I see it repeated in every thread.

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Zagacious wrote:
MegaBossMan wrote:Interested to see the criticisms for this episode. It really landed perfectly with a climatic and series-defining Kamehameha to end Kamehamehas, and frankly if you weren't fond of this episode Super may not be the series for you. Not to say it was flawless but it certainly captures Super at its best. Perfectly recaptured what I loved about Z. The kinetic energy, the humorous side-bits, and kickass storyboarding. When Goku was barely nipped by her blast I think I got chills.
Why do I see this posted in like every single episode? It's like they know that there is tons of stuff people are going to criticize and they jump ahead to dismiss them before the complaints even begin. People said the same thing about the Goku vs Caulifla/Kale episode that if you didn't like it you don't like DBZ, where pretty much nothing happened, so it's meaningless now whenever I see it repeated in every thread.
Close to the statement I made, but not quite. It wasn't to serve as dismissing any and all criticisms because realistically that's incredibly inane to ever consider asking anyone to do, and I'd concur that pretending something is flawless doesn't contribute to discussion. However, this episode I felt was the epitome and most exaggerated of all what Super is all about; both in its pros and cons. And to correct this a bit, I never intended to mention disliking Super means you dislike the whole franchise; Super's not really that comparable to Z in multiple tones of its aspects so this doesn't really act as a representative example of the series as a whole. I mean it quite literally: if someone were to dislike this episode, I doubt they would find much enjoyment out of the previous episodes of the series nor the future directing of the franchise. It's balls-to-the-walls crazy and kinetic and fun and exaggerated, but still weighed down with lack of world-building, repetitive dialogue, and occasional power fallacies. It's the perfect example of what Super has to offer to the franchise, and if someone doesn't really like it, I can't say I particularly recommend Super for them. The reason I had wanted to see the criticisms provided was to further elaborate on what it is that divides the fanbase on Super, especially as someone who does enjoy Super a bit more than I enjoyed Z as a young preteen.

Regardless, that statement specified didn't really contribute to the overall overview of the original comment, so if it meant nothing to you, doesn't really change or modify my general thoughts.
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!