Comments on this episode:
- I'm wondering if they're going to change the animation in the OP to show Ultra Instinct Goku fighting Jiren, since it's no longer a spoiler. They did change Buu to Freeza but then again that was a really sloppy edit so maybe they're not confident in doing it again.
- They really need to stop using so much environmental destruction because the arena is only so big... they won't have any of it left at this rate.
- "He's going all bwaah?" I wasn't aware that Goku was Hank Hill...
- Jiren... doesn't seem to care, Anat
- So wait, he absorbed Kefla's energy? But that makes no sense, it doesn't seem like she had her power drained or was weakened or anything. Also, SSJ1 Kefla's power equals the power of the Genki Dama from earlier, roughly? I mean, I guess that sort of makes sense... mainly due to 17 and Freeza
- Sorry Champa, she's a Saiyan. Finishing their opponents off before they can reveal their full power just isn't something they do.
- Kefla says she feels like she could destroy a universe with her current power, but that raises two problems - first of all, how would she know that? And second of all, in light of the facts that Goku and Beerus were threatening to destroy the universe when fighting at SSJG level, but SSJG Goku was being dominated by base Kefla, and (assuming the SEG multipliers still hold true) she's over 100 times more powerful now, how is it that she would only now have that power? Even granting that due to his fight with Jiren Goku was exhausted and the SSJG he used against Kefla wasn't close to his peak when fighting Beerus, she still overpowered SSJB and Kaio-ken on top of that, and... meh. Typical DBS inconsistency.
- What does Piccolo mean by surpassing Goku's earlier level? Does he mean SSJB Kaio-ken x20, the Genki Dama, or Ultra Instinct as used against Jiren?
- This also brings up another point - why hasn't anyone tried to win the tournament by smashing the entire arena and leaving only the part they were standing on intact? That would instantly ring out all other competitors, and considering all the damage that's been been done to it so far, you can't tell me none of them are capable of that.
- I'm pretty sure that he literally can't stop dodging, even if he wanted to. That's how Ultra Instinct works.
- Funny how Krillin, Roshi, and the others can all see what's going on perfectly...
- Again, why doesn't she just try what her Kaioshin suggested? Instead of melee attacks, go for a huge blast that encompasses everything around her - he can't dodge that. Or is it just Saiyan pride that makes her want to physically hit him?
- So far this is all fitting my theory that Jiren deliberately didn't eliminate Goku when he had the chance because he wants to see him become stronger and fight him once he masters his new power
- So I wonder, when you're in Ultra Instinct, is it like your body is completely on autopilot and you don't have any actual control over what you're doing? Or if you are making decisions, what do they actually involve?
- Even if his attacks aren't hurting her, they're sure knocking her around a lot, and that's really all he needs to do to win - knock her off the edge
- How much do you want to bet that, like every other form that drains stamina at a super fast rate when it's first introduced, eventually that won't be an issue anymore?
- I like the musical theme returning - I was kind of disappointed when it didn't appear when he transformed last episode
- Again, with all of the environmental destruction going on, I'm surprised that no stray attacks or blasts or anything have hit any of the spectators in the stands... I mean it would be cool if we had to see Whis or Vados deflecting a stray blast now and again
- So Ultra Instinct doesn't really up his durability? Or does Roshi not know what he's talking about?
- Again, instead of those inaccurate energy beams/whips/bolts, try just releasing one huge blast in every direction at once, sort of like what Piccolo did at the 23rd Budokai. Or is she actually worried about knocking off her Namekian comrades, or killing someone and disqualifying herself?
- At first I had no idea of what she meant by saying he can't dodge in mid-air, thinking 'what? Of course he can', but then I remembered the no flying rule - it's kind of telling that the fight choreography in this tournament has been such that you can't even tell said rule is in effect most of the time
- Yeah, that was a pretty cool scene, I'll agree
- How come the potara break but her clothes are intact (aside from the obvious out-of-universe reasons, that is)? Also it seems that destroying the earrings undoes the fusion. If Rou Kaioshin's earrings get destroyed, would he unfuse with the old witch?
- It will be kind of hard to do that if you and your universe get erased, Caulifla
- So are those two just overconfident thinking they can defeat the likes of Goku and Jiren, or are they actually strong enough to potentially do so?
- Maybe the key is not to deliberately attack, but to counterattack, since that seems more instinctual?
- Okay, wait a second - Vegeta figured out that Goku was using Ultra Instinct on his own, based on their training with Whis, meaning he never heard any of the discussions about it. But if he never heard them, how does he know what it's called now?
- What's with this ad for a DBS card game in English, including spoilers that are way ahead of the dub?
- Ribrianne gets another transformation? Also looks like she might finally get knocked out next episode
Anyway this episode was pretty great, despite a few problems
Last edited by Polyphase Avatron
on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:20 am, edited 4 times in total.