Super Episode 117 (26 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 117 (26 November 2017)

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Before saying anything:
Noah wrote:Would you guys think it would be unpredictable and amusing if in the same episode Brianne showed her new transformation she also gets eliminated? :D
Well, I sure hope somebody picks up that phone, because I f*ckin called it!

Man, what a glorious episode! Way better than last week for sure!

- Did I missed anything? Why Vegeta is on his Base, what happened with his fight with Toppo?

- So that was the Katopescla guy everybody here was hyping up and just ended to be another fodder? Precious :D

- Loved that bro x sis moment between 17 and 18, they were the stars of this episode :thumbup:

- Such a shame that U2 Trio just served as crowd to Ribrianne and Rozie in this episode, I hope to see more of them in the next one.

- Loved how 17 eliminated Rozie, the androids sure knows how to work good as a team.

- So Ribrianne new form is just her, but giant, big breasts and wings? Man, what a eyesore :|

- I can't belive in my eyes, she F*CKIN LOST! OMG, THANK YOU EIGHTEEN! You deserve all props for that! Not only you but 17 too! Power Of Love my ass! They felt the power of the strongest artificial humans of the Universe 7! :clap:

- Was that Shin and 18 gag really necessary? I mean 18 threatened him just because he complimented her and Krillin as a love couple? Also Shin is stronger than 18, that doesn't make a frickin' sense :eh:

- Sadly the NEP doesn't look much appealing to me, but I hope to be wrong.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Excel Rose

Post by Excel Rose » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 pm

wow, we got rid of the 4 most annoying characters of this tournament in the last two episodes

goodbye, you will not be missed at all :wave:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 pm

A masterpiece of an episode. An episode full of gripping hate, love, and passion. An episode so freaking amazing it was just shy of becoming a legendary paragon of the Dragon Ball Super series. The way 18 shows off her true love is superior to their shallow form of love had me almost in tears. It was beautiful. Seeing brother and sister joining together and brother nursing and helping 18 along the way reminded me of a simple time with my own siblings and working side by side with them. It touched my heart. Not even Vegeta's generic shit of having nothing to add brought down this magnificent perfection of an episode. Not even Goku wanted to get in the way and let the cyborgs show us what love and familiarly bonds are all about. I couldn't be anymore moved. And when 18 gathered her love and inspiration from Krillin ala in a similar situation that Goku did in Battle of Gods once before, and overcame that giant obstacle, we were shown that it doesn't matter how Krillin looks. It's what is inside and how you feel for said person that is true love. The maidens were bested at their own game, and I could do nothing but applaud at this shining beacon of an episode. If it had just one more moment, it would have been the pinnacle of this franchise. But alas that is love. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it just doesn't quite hit the mark like you think it will.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Xeogran wrote:Let's not forget about the Zenos being super adorable this week :angel: :angel: :angel:
The Zeno scene was the best this episode lol. Easily best scene of the episode. As for the episode as a whole, it was ok. Nothing special but nothing terrible. Seeing 18 look cool was nice. U2 and U6 are definitely gone next week lol.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:23 pm

MasterofSix wrote:
chickensguys wrote:I think I speak for everyone when I say FUCK Ribrianne and good riddance. Now I just need to wait a few more episodes to see the whole worthless universe erased to which I will cheer. I really hated that character.
No, you don't.
Yes, he does.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Go 18 :clap:

This was a great episode! Loved the sibling moments and the Krillin/18 moments. Loved that 18 finally got her time to shine this episode!

Ribrianne's new form reminded me of Asura's Wrath. Especially when 18 started cracking her fists. Great fun!

And I think next week BOTH U2 and U6 are going...given the title of "Vanishing Universes." I suppose we shall see.

Great, great episode! Now we're really getting down to the wire!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:25 pm

17 and 18's sibling bond, as well as 18's love for Krillin was the best part of the episode. In the previous eps people said 18 took Krillin's loss coldly, so THIS is how you write her character.

18 got the best moment of glory in the episode and that was great. I also loved 18 warning Supreme Kai she'd kill him if he didn't shut up about their lovey-dovey moments. :lol:

Ribrianne was fine, she was a gag character and not much more. Glad to see the fights.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:28 pm

"Love is always a surprise attack. It comes unexpectedly"
Context aside, this is a true lesson that applies to the real world. Sometimes you can fall in deep love with a lover that you least expect him/her to be at the most unforeseen circumstances.
Last edited by Freeza9000 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I'm bummed out that Vegeta isn't fighting Toppo anymore. Sucks that their fight never got the screen time that it deserved. The second fiddles of Universes 7 and 11 fighting each other... that would've been cool to watch. Hopefully they'll fight again later on.
Vegeta and Toppo will surely clash again
How i predict the tournament will end:

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Noah wrote:
MasterofSix wrote:
chickensguys wrote:I think I speak for everyone when I say FUCK Ribrianne and good riddance. Now I just need to wait a few more episodes to see the whole worthless universe erased to which I will cheer. I really hated that character.
No, you don't.
Yes, he does.
Like MasterofSix said, not everyone thinks like this and fans need to remember to have respect to other fans and their favorites cause when your favorite comes up for the elimination how would you want to be treated?!

I meet many fans around the net that love these girls and Ribrianne the most, so to say one speaks for everyone is not correct.

And those fans the like them speak for themselves, I just like to make notice they are out their and around here.

One has the right to your views and I respect that, but not a blanked statement that you speak for All of Use cause no one speaks for all.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:31 pm

I am going to miss Rib, for the sole reason that she drove the fanbase crazy for months. She was the perfect troll character.

The episode overall was okay, but nothing to write home about. Although the animation was better than expected, especially after some called this the 'worst staff in Super'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Man, Vegeta standing around being attacked by Catopesra is the highlight of the episode.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:34 pm

I still don't get the hate for Ribrianne. Well actually no, I get why people don't like her, I just think the hate went way overboard. At the end of the day, she's a gag character, she has a lot of personality and provides an outlet for the writers and animators to do some creative things. She's very much the new Captain Ginyu.

The biggest problem with her is the same problem most characters in the ToP have, which is that they are under-utilised and kind of shallow. The Trio de Dangers were wasted early, Kale and Caulifla lost most of their depth when they fused, and Jiren was a dull boy to begin with. I'd like it if these characters were given more to do, but Ribrianne isn't a problem by herself, she's just a symptom of a bigger problem. At least she was something different and brought some cool scenes to the table.

Anyway, she's not even the best Universe 2 member. Rozie is best waifu, Jimize best husbando. Idgaf

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:35 pm

HeroR wrote:I am going to miss Rib, for the sole reason that she drove the fanbase crazy for months. She was the perfect troll character.

The episode overall was okay, but nothing to write home about. Although the animation was better than expected, especially after some called this the 'worst staff in Super'.
I don't think anyone said this was going to have the worst staff on Super. People presumed it would be a solo episode, and it was for the most part. The scene that everyones been talking about, 18 eliminating Ribrianne, was unexpectedly handled by the probably the best animator working at Toei.

The direction was solid enough, everything flowed coherently as is usually expected from that director, and the solo animator for the episode delivered a lot of polished work.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:37 pm

So ribrianne is around cell in terms of power? How was she considered a fighter to keep an eye on?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Maybe things will go differently for Ribrianne in the manga? Or maybe it was just a case of Shueisha overpromoting. I feel like that's happened with them before.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:41 pm

The best part of this episode was how Vegeta got beat up. So good. The Zeno scene was pretty cute.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:46 pm

MajinMan wrote:The best part of this episode was how Vegeta got beat up. So good. The Zeno scene was pretty cute.
I couldn't help but enjoy that too because of how much I hate him this arc. Him getting punched in the face for his sheer ignorance. And I really really was enjoying Vegeta up until around this arc ruined him for me again.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:49 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Snip
This is pretty much my opinion on the episode,I liked it not the Best but enjoyable with #18 being written well, good animation coupled with awesome team up, there some problem I had.
    -While I liked ribrianne showing some positive trait with looking at true love,she was just a pointless and quite frankly annoying,she long overstayed her welcome, I'm glad she got out with a bang.
      -At first I liked katoplesla now he is just a punching bag for everyone, sounds familiar right which move on to my other point.
        -This is the waiting line for u7 to get rid of everyone, everyone just feel pointless making this arc dull,it doesn't help the big bad have no compelling rivalry with Goku.Other than that this episode was good oh and I nearly died when Vegeta failed at UI.
        Chuquita wrote:Maybe things will go differently for Ribrianne in the manga? Or maybe it was just a case of Shueisha overpromoting. I feel like that's happened with them before.
        She will probably go out when she first transformed with her friends.
        Mostly active on discord.

MegaBossMan
        Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:54 pm

I swear when I accidentally caught a blurry glimpse of RiBrianne's new form from a preview video on Youtube, I was able to make out she was gigantic but it also looked like she became super-buff and toned so I was half-expecting that when watching tonight's episode. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed I was wrong in that aspect: Buff Brianne is a hilarious idea to me, and certainly a subversion for magical girls.

Overall, it was an enjoyable episode. They really didn't want RiBrianne to be a likeable character in this showing, but I guess I did audibly 'awww' when she had that comment at the end. Quite frankly, she was a poorly-utilized character and I'm looking forward to how the manga handles her otherwise. The real star of the show was #18, however; for someone I had no hope in doing anything remotely cool pre-tournament, she had plenty of strong character moments. A great handling of her here, and certainly much better than the thrown-aside function she had back in Z. It's obvious she's going out next, but she's proved herself and I can say I'm satisfied with her involvement!

The Vegeta story was a little dry though. It was a moment that set itself up for comedic potential and they completely played it straight. Not sure how I feel about that.
        Last edited by MegaBossMan on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
        By jove, I've got nothing important to say!