Super Episode 117 (26 November 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Super Episode 117 (26 November 2017)

Post by Herms » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:36 pm

NOTE:
Please watch the episode with any necessary subtitles before discussing: Crunchyroll / Daisuki / FUNimation
Also, please make sure to follow the Kanzenshuu Forum Rules.

-------------------------------

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Super Episode 117, aired 26 November 2017

愛の大決戦!人造人間VS第2宇宙!!
Ai no Dai-Kessen! Jinzō-Ningen vs Dai-Ni Uchū!!
Showdown of Love! The Androids vs Universe 2!!

Summary:
Thanks to Ultra Instinct, Goku has defeated Kafla but has once again used up all his stamina. Gohan and Piccolo rush over to help him, but are intercepted by Universe 6’s remaining two warriors, the Namekians Saonel and Pirina. Champa tells them not to lose, since if they do it will mean the end of U6, and Saonel assures him that they will prevail.

Meanwhile, Vegeta battles U3’s Katopesla, who switches from Speed Mode into Battle Mode, increasing his attack power 300-fold. Determined to achieve Ultra Instinct, Vegeta tries to move unconsciously, but gets pummeled by Katopesla as Beerus yells at him to defend himself. Eventually Vegeta gets sick of this and blocks one of Katopesla’s attacks, then begins beating him up (something Whis thinks he’s more suited for).

It seems that Goku’s battle has triggered everyone to start fighting again. Heles telepathically gives Ribrianne and Rozie a “beautiful” strategy, while No.17 tends to No.18’s injured leg. It turns out that 17’s gotten used to treating injured animals while working on his island, and has treated his family’s injuries too. 18 heard from Goku about 17’s wish to travel the world in a cruise ship with his family and thinks that sounds nice, especially since she spends all her time looking after Kuririn and Marron.

18’s leg is now bandaged up, but 17 tells her not to overdo it. They rush over to where Goku is, but Ribrianne and the rest of the U2 fighters are there already. Like love, they attack suddenly and without warning (or so Ribrianne says, anyway). Heles tells them to make sure Goku gets some “rest”, while Beerus is appalled that they would team up 5-to-1 against someone who’s already worn-out. Heles though is certain Goku poses a threat to her universe, and won’t pass up this opportunity to take him down.

Ribrianne and Rozie launch a joint “Love Symphony” attack at Goku, but 17 and 18 step in to deflect it. Rozie is mad at them for interfering, but Ribrianne assures her that true love must always overcome such obstacles. Ribrianne decides to take care of the androids first, and leaves the remaining three U2 warriors to make sure Goku doesn’t get away in the meantime (since she insists on defeating Goku herself). Rozie goes after 17 in order to avenge Kakunsa, while Ribrianne battles 18.

Although Ribrianne had told them to simply watch over Goku, Rabanra and Zirloin think that they should take him out. After all, they failed at their attempt to use the Potara, so this way they can at least do something praise-worthy. Goku is ready to take all three of them on, but Beerus says he hasn’t got a chance in his current condition and should run away.

Rozie attacks 17 with her Yacchaina Fist fighting style (which the Omni-Kings have fun imitating), while 18 dodges Ribrianne’s Lovely Machine Gun blasts while managing to get a kick in edge-wise. Ribrianne yells at 18 to stop running away and fight her fair and square, but 18 says she didn’t come to fight, she came to win. 18 says that unlike Ribrianne, she’s married and has a daughter, so she has a lot to fight for. As Kuririn cheers 18 on, Ribrianne is shocked to realize that he must be her husband: he’s not beautiful! He doesn’t even have a nose!

Ribrianne declares that she is trying to send love out to all the universes, so she can’t lose to someone like 18, who’s simply fighting for the sake of some bald guy. But 18 insists that Ribrianne will lose, which ticks her off even more, and the two recommence their battle. 18 tries to dodge Ribrianne’s Maiden’s Charge, but can’t on her injured leg, so 17 kicks Ribrianne out of the way. 17 and 18 both manage to dodge Rozie’s blast, which end up hitting Ribrianne.

17 and 18 go back to fighting their respective opponents one-on-one, until Ribrianne fires her “Max Love Cannon” attack at 18, confident that she won’t be able to dodge in midair. 18 though propels herself out of the way with a ki blast, and the attack hits Rozie instead. As Rozie struggles against the blast, Ribrianne tries to go save her, but 18 stops her while 17 fires a blast of his own at Rozie, knocking her out of bounds.

Although Ribrianne has powered down and reverted to her regular “Brianne” form, she still manages to catch 18 off-guard with an underground attack, imprisoning her within the rose-like “Big Amour” technique. 17 goes to help her, but is attacked by the U3 warrior Biara. Brianne receives love from Heles and the others from U2 and transforms into a giant version of Ribrianne, something so beautiful even Heles can hardly believe it.

As the gigantic Ribrianne prepares to rain down her “Fist of Love”, 18 thinks that she’s had it, until her thoughts of Kuririn and Marron (and Kuririn’s shouts of encouragement) inspire her to break free of her bounds and counterattack. Shattering Ribrianne’s giant fist, she runs up her arm and avoids her blasts (with some help from 17, who finally arrives after defeating Biara), then punches through her head. As Ribrianne’s giant body dissolves, she reverts once more to Brianne and falls from the ring.

Materializing in the bleachers, the defeated Brianne begins to cry, but Heles assures her she fought well. Shin is happy that the power of 18 and Kuririn’s love prevailed, but 18 soon stops him from celebrating too much. Seeing 18 and Kuririn’s interactions, Brianne realizes that there are other forms of love out there. Now U2 has only three warriors remaining: Rabanra, Zarbuto, and Zirloin. Heles tells them to win, even if it’s not beautiful. The three agree, and move in on Goku.

15 minutes remain in the Tournament of Power.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 117 (26 November 2017)

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 pm

18 showing them who's boss!!! This ep was great, not just because Ribrianne's finally out which means no more cringe characters but how the ep was handled, fighters and teamplay were everywhere. Loved 18 and 17's teamwork.
Goku and 18 are MVP in my list for removing those characters.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Let's not forget about the Zenos being super adorable this week :angel: :angel: :angel:

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:28 pm

I will repeat what I said on another Thread;

I Give my Respects to 17 and 18 for having a good match, they come across good tonight.

I am highly disappointed in Toei however that was the Best they can do for My Girl Ribrianne, I now fear for U3 and U4 if they will be anything special.

The Transformation was not creative and was lazy, was a cop-out IMO and the power-ups seem just lame on both sides.

Again I am a fair guy, who wins is who wins.

I take this Ideal of being Fair from a discussion I had with another poster, if their is something else I am proud of My Girl Brianne for, it was the class act she had at the end of her loss, not yelling and cringing about her loss, she took it like a champ and with class.

I will follow the same suit as her and take it like a class act.

I am not dis-pointed in Brianne, U2 or any character from their Universe in the least, just in Toei with their Writing and Strange storytelling that now makes me fear the purpose of all the universes, characters and the future of them.

Now I fear for U3 and U4.

Again all Love and Respect the My Girl Brianne, I ask fans to know the Respect and Liking we have for her.

Peace and Honor to all and I still Love Ribrianne and the Girls! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:31 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:18 showing them who's boss!!! This ep was great, not just because Ribrianne's finally out which means no more cringe characters but how the ep was handled, fighters and teamplay were everywhere. Loved 18 and 17's teamwork.
Goku and 18 are MVP in my list for removing those characters.
Gohan is still in the ring though. :wink:

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:32 pm

That was much better than I thought it was going to be. First half was kinda slow but it had some cool scenes like 17 and 18 talking to each other. 18 being the one to finish Ribrianne was sooo satisfying. I especially loved those shots of 18 hanging out with Krillin and Marron prior to her breaking free from Ribrianne's attack. Lots of funny scenes throughout the episode, especially with the two Zeno's. Fun episode overall. I'm glad that Ribrianne is out because I was honestly getting so sick of her and her repetitive ramblings about love.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Ok, that was way better than it had any right to be. Still not happy about the continued U7 dominance, but much like with Goku and Kefla last week, they absolutely sold it. The scene with 17 fixing 18's leg at the start was cute, and had me convinced they'd be going out.

A lot of very cute stuff overall, like somehow making Krillin's legendary punching above his weight relationship with 18 a plot point. It might have been better if it had come earlier, like while Goku was still fighting Caulifla and Kale. His fatigued state wasn't that important, and this definitely felt like a comedown from last week even if it was sitll a decent episode.

When 18 and and 17 were fighting at the end, was anyone else mentally inserting 'Rules of Nature' into the scene?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:41 pm

It's so good to finally get a break to see what the rest of Team 7 is doing! (And I say this with Goku as my favorite). 18 and 17 were really cool!

Also kaiju-sized Ribrianne happened after all apparently?! I'm simultaneously surprised and disappointed. Still she handled losing really well and she learned a lesson about there being love in the other universes too, so.

Now I'm thinking that both Uni 2 and 6 will vanish two episodes from now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

chickensguys
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chickensguys » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:43 pm

I think I speak for everyone when I say FUCK Ribrianne and good riddance. Now I just need to wait a few more episodes to see the whole worthless universe erased to which I will cheer. I really hated that character.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Good episode. It’s still pretty ridiculous just how much U7 is dominating the tournament, but it’s always nice to see the non-Saiyan characters get the chance to shine.

MasterofSix

Post by MasterofSix » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:52 pm

chickensguys wrote:I think I speak for everyone when I say FUCK Ribrianne and good riddance. Now I just need to wait a few more episodes to see the whole worthless universe erased to which I will cheer. I really hated that character.
No, you don't.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Chuquita wrote:
I'm thinking it will even be next episode, since it has "Vanishing Universes" in the title.

Side characters are finally starting to be eliminated.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:54 pm

Rozie and Ribrianne were knocked out and Ribrianne's new form was basically her increasing in size.

17 and 18 had their combo moves and I wonder how much lomger 18 will last with her injury.

Next we is Universe 2 and Universe 6. Saonel and Pirina better get a good showing along with Piccolo and I better see a range of abilities.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Way too much talking in this episode. And Ribranne's new transformation was underwhelming. At least we have another knockout. Android 18 was nice in this episode though. And Vegeta trying to get UI and being hit was as comical as I imagined it to be. Though, 18 saying "I'll kill you" to Shin was hilarious though :lol: Beerus Beware! :lol:

Called it, and calling it again: I think both U2 and U6 are gonna get erased next episode.
Last edited by TheShadowEmperor8055 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:56 pm

MasterofSix wrote:
chickensguys wrote:I think I speak for everyone when I say FUCK Ribrianne and good riddance. Now I just need to wait a few more episodes to see the whole worthless universe erased to which I will cheer. I really hated that character.
No, you don't.
Yea, I ask fans to show class acts to characters and universes cause they each have their fans.

When a character goes someone is sad somewhere, does not add positives to the fandom to Cheer for that loss.

So indeed each fan can like who they like and dislike who they dislike;

But when it is Our Favorites Turn to Go, How do WE want our Favorite to be Treated?!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 pm

I just had a whole lot of fun with this episode.

Good action, funny scenes, and nice showcase of character relationships.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:03 pm

My initial reaction was very negative towards this episode, but after rewatching, it isn't as horrible as I thought it was:

-While I am happy that annoyance-incarnate is out for once and for all, I am very disappointed with her last stand. For all the hype behind her, she accomplished nothing in the tournament asides from kicking out some "pretty boy" holding a rose many episodes back and holding Goku back from helping Roshi. Her supposed "new" transformation was just a gigantic Super Ribrianne, but even she did not impose any real challenge with it. Even as Super Ribrianne, she was too weak not even Goku and Vegeta needed to use more than their base SSJ transformations, and on today's episode, she seemed clumsy despite that in her last appearance, Rozie slapped some sense into her. Even if Kafla wasn't that much better, at least she pushed Goku back into getting UI again and was still threatening on her own.

-They kept getting the androids' faces wrong save for a few close-ups.

-I'm disappointed wtih Katopesla. He had one funny gag with Freeza, and after that he became another boring punching bag.

-On the flipside, 17 and 18 show some good teamwork that we have seen mostly coming from their future counterparts.

-This is the first time I ever found Zeno to be cute.

-Champa's gag with Magetta was funny. Same with Shin getting too crazy about love.

-Ribrianne finally realizes what real love is after noticing how Krillin and 18 care for each other.

-It's confirmed that people were spectating Goku vs. Kafla, which is why at the end of last episode there were random explosions after Kafla's defeat, whereas during their fight, there were none.

Apparently, two universes out next episode. Please do something good with the U6 namekians, Toei.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:04 pm

It wasn't a particularly great episode outside of a few scenes that I enjoyed.

The main thing I'm wondering is why the hell did arguably the best animator at Toei just randomly pop-up to animate on an otherwise solo episode?

The last time he popped up was 109, and that was for the special, but why on earth did he pop up here?

Has Toei mandated that the does all the really important and cool Ribrianne scenes? Has he asked to handle those scenes? Not that I'm complaining, his scene was great, but what is going on here?

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm bummed out that Vegeta isn't fighting Toppo anymore. Sucks that their fight never got the screen time that it deserved. The second fiddles of Universes 7 and 11 fighting each other... that would've been cool to watch. Hopefully they'll fight again later on.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:10 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
I'm thinking it will even be next episode, since it has "Vanishing Universes" in the title.

Side characters are finally starting to be eliminated.
I mixed up my weeks (the last 3 weeks were a semi-blur because I had a sinus infection that I finally healed up from two days ago). I knew the erasure episode was the 12/3 one, yet mistook the numbers.

I'm still curious about how this is going to last till March (unless the tournament unofficially ends in January and so all of February and early March will be wrap-up and/or filler stuff).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!