Super Episode 118 (3 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 118 (3 December 2017)

Post by pacz360 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:16 am

Where all those people saying piccolo were gonna sacrifice himself again? :D
@nameksaiyan happy big green played a key role in the fight?

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:19 am

I love it when people where like Jiren is not the mortal that is stronger then a god, because the manga stated that Beerus lost against U4 god with armwrestling therefore its those bugs from u4.

Then the episode came with Jiren vs Goku and the statement of Whis> yeah Jiren is pretty strong but its still someone from U4.

Then the Manga came out stating Jiren is stronger then Belmouth. And suddenly nonody talks about the U4 anymore.

One could think statement in manga>statement in anime. Even when the Anime is ahead of the manga.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:27 am

pacz360 wrote:Where all those people saying piccolo were gonna sacrifice himself again? :D
@nameksaiyan happy big green played a key role in the fight?
Piccolo used his Special Beam Cannon on both Saonel and Pilina so of course I am happy as it is exactly what I wanted to happen. :)

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 am

Pannaliciour wrote:I love it when people where like Jiren is not the mortal that is stronger then a god, because the manga stated that Beerus lost against U4 god with armwrestling therefore its those bugs from u4.

Then the episode came with Jiren vs Goku and the statement of Whis> yeah Jiren is pretty strong but its still someone from U4.

Then the Manga came out stating Jiren is stronger then Belmouth. And suddenly nonody talks about the U4 anymore.

One could think statement in manga>statement in anime. Even when the Anime is ahead of the manga.
it wasnt everyone, just a few theorycrafters with no evidence and wanting to ignore the anime openings in hope of a surprise despite the obvious.

Nobody has spoke of the bugs because they have done nothing and havent even been on screen. The hype for them is gone from what I can tell because the tournament is dragging

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:35 am

kinisking wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: The preview said the opposite of what happened. Freeza was happy that Goku eliminated U2. Piccolo didn't come up with a plan, instead it was Gohan
The preview either got stuff wrong by accident or purposely mislead
I've been saying this time and time again: Never put any substantial stock into an episode preview summary. Half of the time they're full of shit. Dragon Ball Super has been notoriously misleading with their episode previews on many occasions, that I'm shocked that people still take every word provided in them literally.
They've been misleading before but dang I didn't expect them to flat out lie this hard.

If I'm correct, this misinformation only started this arc right ?
Forget fake spoilers, we can't even trust official spoilers anymore....

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:36 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Saonel and Pirina did not fuse with every Namekian on their planet just the ones that volunteered.
it does seem like they fused with a metric tonne of them though, I'm sure you could count at least 100 in the ghostly images for each one
There are probably a lot more Namekians in Universe 6 then in Universe 7 as we have to assume as of right now they never had any problems just like how the Universe 6 Saiyans did not have the problems that Universe 7 Saiyans had.
I got this feeling as well, perhaps their darker skin is a sign of better hydration adaption due to no drought?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:36 am

Michsi wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I've been saying this time and time again: Never put any substantial stock into an episode preview summary. Half of the time they're full of shit. Dragon Ball Super has been notoriously misleading with their episode previews on many occasions, that I'm shocked that people still take every word provided in them literally.
They've been misleading before but dang I didn't expect them to flat out lie this hard.

If I'm correct, this misinformation only started this arc right ?
Forget fake spoilers, we can't even trust official spoilers anymore....
perhaps another change like the toppo/jiren debacle?

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Super happy about this episode!
- Gohan taking care of both the Namekians, but damn that punch to..... Saonel, was dirtyyyy, he pummelled him into the ground!
- He held up in the beam struggle and was like hey Piccolo, are you ready to Special Beam Cannon these guys so I can blast them off?
- Nice Nail and Kami appearance as well!
- 'The omnipresent Not-really-exhausted-but-kind-of-when-plot-demands-it' Goku came clutch, going SSB x KK to escape a black hole :lol:
- Sweet father-son Kamehameha ultimate finish, looked great :clap:

Side notes:
is it me or did the SBC looked like really bendy and thin rather than equal to the Kamehameha? That's deadly, it's like a piercing needle :)
How strong is Gohan? at full strength, I have him on par/ rivalling SSB Goku and by extension, Vegeta...and I think he still reserves that right considering S + P could be considered God Tier as a team..
How strong is Piccolo? he kinda got dropped mid-fight and wasn't up to standards until the SBC but he seemed dazed rather than injured badly to give him the benefit of the doubt...
who are the duo's next individual's fights? I really want Gohan or Piccolo vs Dyspo or Toppo....

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Overall solid episode. I could of done without the love b.s. but the Namekians vs gohan/piccolo made up for any short comings in the episode.

Gotta tip the cap to that big Namekian. He was a beast out there.

I know people will be upset they weren't stronger but I think that was more because they didn't have enough time to adjust to their power. Also how did they survive with holes in their stomachs? Did I miss something about their regeneration abilities?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:50 pm

julianix wrote:Overall solid episode. I could of done without the love b.s. but the Namekians vs gohan/piccolo made up for any short comings in the episode.

Gotta tip the cap to that big Namekian. He was a beast out there.

I know people will be upset they weren't stronger but I think that was more because they didn't have enough time to adjust to their power. Also how did they survive with holes in their stomachs? Did I miss something about their regeneration abilities?
Gohan states in the episode that, because they fused with so many Namekians, their regeneration should be very high and thus him and Piccolo shouldn't worry about killing them, which is why Gohan was fully serious and at full power in Ultimate for that fight.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:51 pm

Just like I expected from the Namekians, they totally didn't do anything in the end and I can't see their characters/erasure having any special meaning to Piccolo in the future. Not gonna lie though, they performed better than what I'd expected. I might have liked them if they were given proper build up and enough time to actually care about them. Saying that they have such huge power and they were waiting for it to stabilize this whole time without any hints or foreshadowing, only for them to get eliminated in the SAME episode was such BS and pathetic attempt to make the usual "you did your best and that was impressive blah blah" talk. Didn't even deal any visible damage to Gohan. Yeah, I can't care about them that much. And seriously, just how many Namekians did they fuse with to get this useless power-up? or is that just the extent of Namekians' limit no matter what they do... idk

Well, anyway it was better than what I'd expected and I seriously almost shed a tear during the last Champa scene, that didn't happen for DBS since the end of Trunks's arc, when Gohan appeared to say goodbye. and the new "magical girls" were thousands of times better than the original ones and less annoying.

Last attack and how they showed both Goku and Piccolo/Gohan attacks simultaneously was hype and good. I'm satisfied with Piccolo's performance through the Special Beam Canon continue to be a joke. is that really the same attack he used against Raditz?

Great episode overall.

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:58 pm

Very good episode. It's a shame that this fight only lasted an episode. Even less since half of it was consumed by Universe 2. Wouldn't have mind if this fight was 2 eps long.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:00 pm

If I did have to be a little critical on one thing it would have to be on who took out U2. While I have nothing against Goku I would have preferred if it was the androids who took out the remainder of U2, since it seems like they had more of a rivalry thing going on between the androids and the magical girls. Not like it was bad the way Goku took them out I just wish it was the androids instead. Still like this episode overall.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:08 pm

This episode hit me in the feels. The end with both U2 and U6 made me kind of tear up.I giggled what Champa did but what was powerful on how Beerus took it. He didn't say anything but you can tell he is taking it painfully.

As for the namekians, sure we didn't get anything personally effect Piccolo, I liked how Nail and Kami are still with him and he realized that Gohan doesn't need protection anymore. Sure it wasjn't the development we wanted but it still was nice to give him some small development. The two Kamehameha's were excellent.

Overall a really solid episode.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

chickensguys
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chickensguys » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:25 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:Good bye Champa and Co. (Until the predictable reset button to come)
Although chances are less, Toriyama might decide to go for Universes not being restorable once zeno erases it..
If not, it might be an invitation for potential plot hole of if SDB really can do anything, why didn't they restore all of Trunks timeline except Zamasu..
The best way to counteract it all would be Zeno's whishes can't be overridden..
Nah, I'm pretty sure a Reset Button is coming once the tournament is over. Goku will talk to the two Zens and ask them if they had fun and will convince them to restore all erased universes so they can have another tournament in the future and everybody is coming back.
This strikes me as the obvious play but I think it might be to obvious. I think the next conflict in the series will be over returning the universes but will be between the Grand Priest and Goku. Or perhaps U7 gets erased but Zeno isn't powerful enough to erase Goku. Or Maybe Freeza seizes the day. After the Vegeta and Cabba comments I really hope it isn't just as straight forward as wishing everyone back. It cheapens everything just a bit much. Also I am of the opinion that there will probably be a God that transcends even timelines.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Kataphrut wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:Also, we can add "Piccolo sacrificing himself for Gohan" to the ever-growing list of things people were afraid of happening that turned out to be unfounded. Here we had Piccolo faltering at a critical moment (from attempting to help Gohan when he didn't necessarily need to no less), and Gohan having to protect him.

By the end of it, the two have firmly established themselves as equals, which does a good job of addressing the issue of the first half of the tournament where it felt like Piccolo was babying Gohan. They're a team now, and it more than makes up for the lack of individual focus the two have gotten.
Gohan needed to be saved both times Piccolo used the spc,he even apologises for the 1st time since he needed to be saved and he pretty much admitted it was his mistake.
Gohan saved Piccolo 2 times in episode 118 as well.
Yes, but it didn't feel like an unequal relationship. Not like in 106 where Gohan choked and Piccolo had to step in. Piccolo firing off the Special Beam Cannon early to help him the first time was treated as a mistake that forced the two of them to do better and trust each other. They both acknowledged their faults. And in the end, Gohan and Piccolo were covering each other to launch their final attacks.

This was more than just sacrificing Piccolo to big up Gohan. This felt like genuine teamwork.
And whatever or not was genuine teamwork is not the point,you said Gohan did not need any help when Piccolo fired the sbc early,something which is not true as Gohan himself admitted it was his fault that Piccolo fired it early because Gohan needed to be saved at that point.

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:52 pm

I thought that Beerus was talking to the narrator when he said "Say something".

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:11 pm

Touching episode... One of my favorite in DBS, if I'm being honest.

U2's dialogue in their final moments hit me right in the feels -- and it was just flat-out sad to see U6 go(though Champa's final 'dig' at Beerus made me chuckle a bit.)

A couple other things...

1.) It irritated me that Goku wasn't able to IT out of the black hole... The forces of a black hole should have NO effect on that technique, imo. Hopefully he was just too fatigued to use it properly. /shrug

2.) We finally get fairly definitive proof that *charged* ki blasts in DB are FTL... Otherwise Goku's Kamehameha wouldn't have been able to overcome the forces of a black hole, and breach/shatter it. That showing beats trying to 'prove' how fast ki blasts are by using fan-calcs gleaned from Roshi and Piccolo's moon-busting feats back in the day, lol.

3.) I almost got the sense that Daishinkan enjoyed announcing the erasure of U2 & U6... Perhaps there IS something to the theory that he is a malevolent entity, after all..?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Galan007 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:13 pm

I was trying to count the fighters because of the hit thing. Obviously hit was next to cabba before being erased. But I still only counted 9 warriors for universe 6.. All 10 were present for the universe 2 erasure.

I have accounted for, 3 sayians, 2 namekians, Hit, The yellow bear, The steam machine guy, the warthog... Who is the 10th universe 6 fighter? He was not pictured in the scenes with the erasure... Oh, It was frost and he was already erased! >< I forgot about that. NVM!

I'm still honestly surprised they didn't go with piccolo trying to absorb the namekians to save universe 6 and set the tournament to trying to find ways to keep everyone alive... It would have went with rebriahna being surprised by someone in another universe again showing, "love," for something else and them not being bad guys. It could have lead to more interesting storylines if used well. But of course nope. Just erase stuff after it's needed... That seems to be the jist of the show. They just make stuff then they erase stuff. There is not long term storyline. Just as needed writing instead of investing and making something more interesting to make a living off of... It's not like they don't already have dream jobs. But they have to be lazy about it too. 8\ I know the show was somewhat like this to start with, but they are taking it to new levels. I was really hoping for a more mature story as the show progressed and dragon ball would become a much more interesting franchise than it already was.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:25 pm

chickensguys wrote: This strikes me as the obvious play but I think it might be to obvious. I think the next conflict in the series will be over returning the universes but will be between the Grand Priest and Goku. Or perhaps U7 gets erased but Zeno isn't powerful enough to erase Goku. Or Maybe Freeza seizes the day. After the Vegeta and Cabba comments I really hope it isn't just as straight forward as wishing everyone back. It cheapens everything just a bit much. Also I am of the opinion that there will probably be a God that transcends even timelines.
It might be but I think it's been foreshadowed at least a bit between everyone telling Goku not to talk with Zeno (possibly because it could end the arc early) and the offer of the Super Dragon Balls which came totally out of left field compared to everything else. And they've been skirting around addressing the issue in-universe except through Vegeta. Goku 'doesn't know' what he'd wish for and nobody has suggested wishing everyone back yet so it's not as obvious to the characters as the fans. And Super does sometimes go the obvious route like Future Zeno being the one to finish Zamasu once Goku got the button or the Future timeline being a gonner once it was revealed the Super Dragon Balls were gone and the damage to Trunks' world couldn't be fixed.

As long as this arc has been going on and as grim as its' tried to be, I wonder if it might be better to wrap tnis arc up in a tidy little bow and have some palate cleanser episodes before jumping into another dramatic arc.