Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7565
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:42 pm

A good episode I guess, but it felt pretty rushed and I think it could be better


- An invisible enemy is a creative choice, but too bad he didn't do much

- And looks like Jiren keeps stading doing nothing along with his mates, when they can wipe out the rest of the fodders and fight U7 right way :yawn:

- It was nice to see Piccolo using his Explosive Wave technique again :thumbup:

- I guess people can stop crying about Piccolo right now, he wasn't humiliated, he eliminated two and then got eliminated. He did well :)

- Wow, I didn't expect U4 to be erased so fast, that's a bummer :|

- Oh man it looks like it will be exactly like ArchedThunder prediction: U7 steamrolling everyone and U11 passively waiting for their final battle, this tournament has such a poor composition :(

- NEP seems to be screentime for Gohan to shine, it could be good
Last edited by Noah on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Post by CriticalThinker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:44 pm

A decent episode to say the least but I did enjoy it for the most part. Good on Piccolo for taking out two of U4 fighters as well as 17 taking out the other. Liked Damon mostly because his voice didn't seem to fit him though man that leaked bio on him was pretty wrong. Also Gamisaras looked nothing like Damon so I guess that was just a place holder image for him cause he looked like a lizard. Poor Shantza got taken out pretty quick which was a shame since his ability was interesting, he was cute though. Man though it did feel like this should of been a two parter because it felt kinda rushed. Also rip Pepsi man he was great while he lasted he shall be missed.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13021
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Wow I'm surprised by the negativity. I didn't think the episode was bad at all. I thought it was pretty good. Not amazing but fine enough. I liked how things felt more like they were moving. I liked how everyone was on guard from a handful of opponents, and none of them were particularly strong. It was more they had a great strategy. What with being invisible, using the illusions as a distraction for the real fighter, etc. I liked how we got to see Gohan and 17 show battle smarts too. It's the closest we've gotten to everyone being together. We also didn't have an obligatory blue cameo for no good reason. I thought the episode was a refreshing change of pace. No real nonsense. A good way to have weaker foes be a danger. It pretty much covered a lot of what I wanted to see from weaker universes without just being stupid. Piccolo also got two people before going down so he was shown kicking ass before going out. Shame it wasn't against someone memorable.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Kokonoe
Not Banned
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Man, the last episode and this current episode really have stepped up the artwork and animation. Also the fights are having much more effort and thought put into them.

Really enjoyed this episode as well as the previous one.

User avatar
The gr
I Live Here
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Post by The gr » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Wow I'm surprised by the negativity. I didn't think the episode was bad at all. I thought it was pretty good. Not amazing but fine enough. I liked how things felt more like they were moving. I liked how everyone was on guard from a handful of opponents, and none of them were particularly strong. It was more they had a great strategy. What with being invisible, using the illusions as a distraction for the real fighter, etc. I liked how we got to see Gohan and 17 show battle smarts too. It's the closest we've gotten to everyone being together. We also didn't have an obligatory blue cameo for no good reason. I thought the episode was a refreshing change of pace. No real nonsense. A good way to have weaker foes be a danger. It pretty much covered a lot of what I wanted to see from weaker universes without just being stupid. Piccolo also got two people before going down so he was shown kicking ass before going out. Shame it wasn't against someone memorable.
They could had made the bugs memorable by having them mysteriously take out U2.The ideas were good and this episode wasn't as bad as 103-106-108,is just in the middle,i feel like this should have been a two part episode.

User avatar
Spider-Man
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 pm

One of the weakest episode,It felt rushed and Shantsa Illusion could have been for the entire episode also Damom and Gamisara where wasted through at least they got an elimination.
    However there some good things in this episode like Piccolo was awesome at least he wasn't humiliated,He did well and props to #17 with his smarts and patience in the battle.
      Overall this was pretty weak I except more from U4 but they end up being fodder.

      User avatar
      irreality
      OMG CRAZY REG
      Posts: 931
      Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:08 pm
      Location: Boston, MA
      Contact:

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by irreality » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:58 pm

      My only comment is that I loved how 17 used a ki equivalent of a pokeball to capture Damon. :D

      User avatar
      dbzfan7
      Namekian Warrior
      Posts: 13021
      Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
      Location: Earth
      Contact:

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:59 pm

      The gr wrote:
      dbzfan7 wrote:Wow I'm surprised by the negativity. I didn't think the episode was bad at all. I thought it was pretty good. Not amazing but fine enough. I liked how things felt more like they were moving. I liked how everyone was on guard from a handful of opponents, and none of them were particularly strong. It was more they had a great strategy. What with being invisible, using the illusions as a distraction for the real fighter, etc. I liked how we got to see Gohan and 17 show battle smarts too. It's the closest we've gotten to everyone being together. We also didn't have an obligatory blue cameo for no good reason. I thought the episode was a refreshing change of pace. No real nonsense. A good way to have weaker foes be a danger. It pretty much covered a lot of what I wanted to see from weaker universes without just being stupid. Piccolo also got two people before going down so he was shown kicking ass before going out. Shame it wasn't against someone memorable.
      They could had made the bugs memorable by having them mysteriously take out U2.The ideas were good and this episode wasn't as bad as 103-106-108,is just in the middle,i feel like this should have been a two part episode.
      I disagree with a two part episode, but they coulda had the bugs basically knock off others and leave us in a mystery of what is happening over the course of several episodes. Never knowing when they will strike. Though really the whole tournament is a let down in this regard since everyone basically patiently waits for their turn with U7, outside of a handful of moments like in this ep.
      Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

      User avatar
      Bullza
      Banned
      Posts: 8621
      Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
      Location: UK

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by Bullza » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:02 pm

      It was a good enough episode, not the greatest of course but there have been that many good ones lately it's not a big deal to have a weaker one. At least it was more strategic this time.

      Kataphrut
      Advanced Regular
      Posts: 1465
      Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:02 pm

      A big problem with this episode is that it trips up what has otherwise been a pretty clear through-line of progression in the tournament. Up until now, each Universe erasure has been a milestone event.

      Universe 9: Establishing stakes, subtle undercurrent of tragedy.
      Universe 10: Impact of loss on fighters, death of known side character (Gowasu).
      Universe 2 and 6: Major losses, several notable and developed characters, as well as the two most prominent Universes. Bittersweet drama, instantly iconic.
      Universe 4: Oh, Quitela's mad, I guess.

      And you know what, as much as I sort of like Universe 3, I have no doubt theirs will be underwhelming as well. This is why they shouldn't have rushed 6 and 2. Now matter how much people think they don't like them, the fact remains that their loss will have the most impact after final boss 11. Universe 4 and 3 should have gone out in the middle. If there's no way to make them impactful, then don't have them go out after two big players.

      Now all we have to look forward to is a fun robot battle against characters we don't care about (why'd you have to go, Katopesla?) before a final battle between whoever Universe 7 have left (which could be all of them at this rate), and the Bone-Idle Troopers.

      User avatar
      omaro34
      I'm pretty cozy, here...
      Posts: 1793
      Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm
      Location: Western Canada

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by omaro34 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 pm

      Still scratching my head as to why these universe four fighters didn't remain hidden till the end if they were that weak.
      "Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

      Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

      User avatar
      Sandubadear
      I Live Here
      Posts: 2152
      Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
      Location: Space Amazon

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by Sandubadear » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:14 pm

      Bad episode, after all the hype of the invisible fighters, they were really wasted lol.
      "The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

      "The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
      --by Ranely Jr

      時空の主/齊天大聖
      Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

      King Jacku
      Beyond Newbie
      Posts: 161
      Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:46 am

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by King Jacku » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:17 pm

      Pretty decent Ep, I like how everyone was involved and helping each other out. And finally, Piccolo fighting hand to hand. Only problem I had was the drama felt like it had no impact, Piccolo gets eliminated, no build up, no slow-mo, not even any music or any character commentating besides Gohan, but then even he doesn't seem to give a shit after. Same could be said for U4's destruction.

      Anyways, call me crazy, but I enjoyed this episode more than last weeks lol.

      User avatar
      Taidow
      Newbie
      Posts: 9
      Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:17 pm

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by Taidow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:21 pm

      omaro34 wrote:Still scratching my head as to why these universe four fighters didn't remain hidden till the end if they were that weak.
      My guess is Quitela wanted to even out the numbers. U11 and U4 had three, U3 had six and U7 had 7. If they waited out and U3 and U7 had 4+ they would have won.
      ブラストバーン > みずしゅ りけん
      効果はバツグン

      jplaya2023
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
      Posts: 480
      Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:49 am

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by jplaya2023 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:26 pm

      the way piccolo was eliminated was trash, goku coulda saved him like he did 17. That's really bad writing. Also why didn't piccolo absorb those nameks, that woulda been a real easy way to keep his power up with the rest and they coulda given him the namek book of legends to make him even stronger, i felt like they missed that

      User avatar
      CJStriker_CBR
      I'm pretty cozy, here...
      Posts: 1581
      Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:28 pm

      Kataphrut wrote:A big problem with this episode is that it trips up what has otherwise been a pretty clear through-line of progression in the tournament. Up until now, each Universe erasure has been a milestone event.

      Universe 9: Establishing stakes, subtle undercurrent of tragedy.
      Universe 10: Impact of loss on fighters, death of known side character (Gowasu).
      Universe 2 and 6: Major losses, several notable and developed characters, as well as the two most prominent Universes. Bittersweet drama, instantly iconic.
      Universe 4: Oh, Quitela's mad, I guess.

      And you know what, as much as I sort of like Universe 3, I have no doubt theirs will be underwhelming as well. This is why they shouldn't have rushed 6 and 2. Now matter how much people think they don't like them, the fact remains that their loss will have the most impact after final boss 11. Universe 4 and 3 should have gone out in the middle. If there's no way to make them impactful, then don't have them go out after two big players.

      Now all we have to look forward to is a fun robot battle against characters we don't care about (why'd you have to go, Katopesla?) before a final battle between whoever Universe 7 have left (which could be all of them at this rate), and the Bone-Idle Troopers.
      Those are all VERY Good Points Kataphrut, Well Thought out and If I can, I like to add another ontop of those as well and involves Like I always involve U2 and their erasing.

      The Impact on the People of the Universe itself!

      U10 started this trend by making the Loss on a Personal Level with Obuni, His Locket and his Family. That was impact-ful and added a personal element to great dramatic effect that this is erasing families, women, children and regulare people as well.

      What the U2 did with its Broadcasting to their Universe of the ToP, Brilliantly took that Concept and multiplied it by Billions! It Involved ALL their people and you Saw ALLOT of their people who where taking part in what was maybe their Final Battle of their existence to not only Witness, but to Cheer On, Pray, Hope and Ultimately Give Strength of their Love to their Champions, their Guardians, their Heroes!

      ALL of U2 ~~~ everyone Person, Normal and Powerful, man, woman and child where apart of this Battle! NO Other Universes had the Brass to do that, but U2 did cause That is just who they are! :thumbup:

      It hit on Many Levels and it also showed the Impact on the Lost of Billions of Lives.........Again BILLIONS Likely and it was in the Final Image Before U2 went and they all went in peace and pride that they fought to the end in their beliefs and made sure it echo threw-out the remaining cosmos!

      That was so Heavy, Impactful and Well Thought on Detailed Dramatic Writing their increasing the Stakes!


      Image

      Image
      --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
      Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
      Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
      My #1 in DB!
      :thumbup:

      I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
      http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

      CriticalThinker
      Beyond Newbie
      Posts: 286
      Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:56 pm

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by CriticalThinker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:40 pm

      The best thing about this episode and the last episode is that it made some people in the fanbase like and appreciate Ribrianne and U2 more.

      User avatar
      nato25
      Advanced Regular
      Posts: 1320
      Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by nato25 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:00 am

      This was a super average/honestly pretty boring episode.

      The biggest thing that pissed me off is piccolos line about not hearing them. Nameks have super hearing, of all the people he shouldnt be delivering that line. At least this will break up the piccolo gohan team which is good as it hit its peak last week.

      The power suit guy (katoplesma or something like that) went out way too easily considering all the build up he has. Likewise quitella who was playing it cool as a cucumber this whole time blew all his trump cards and none of them were even good. How were such weak opponents (especially the hypno hedgehog) not just blown away from all the other ridiculous events from this tournament.

      Not really looking forward to next week either. If they are gonna just make it all about universe 7 and 11 why should we care at all about next week. The awesome streak of episodes has come to an end.

      User avatar
      Simere
      Advanced Regular
      Posts: 1463
      Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:28 pm

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by Simere » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:05 am

      So-called "strategy" episodes make everyone involved look really stupid and lacking in skill. Skill that they've demonstrated in the past. Fortunately that kind of thing only bothers me when I come to the fandom and see people praising the use of "strategy"; while watching the episode it doesn't bother me, so I really enjoyed this episode. Goku teaming up with 17 keeps proving to be entertaining.

      User avatar
      Zagacious
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
      Posts: 376
      Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

      Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

      Post by Zagacious » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:06 am

      As some other people said, this is an episode that should have been earlier on. It's weird to see so many characters seemingly 'saved' for later then have them ultimately mean absolutely nothing. Which wouldn't be a problem if characters were actually being utilized. Might as well have just made this a normal tournament at this point. Almost none of the abilities that would be beneficial in a battle royale (vs a normal tournament 1v1) are being utilized. Any such abilities such as illusions are given to fodder characters who get eliminated after 2-3 punches.

      Just imagine how much more interesting this episode, and episodes like the sniper one, could have been if they were actually a threat, but that applies to almost the entire tournament. They wouldn't even need to change that much to make them not uselessly weak, I truly don't understand it at all. At least they actually eliminated people, but it's more a of a mercy elimination at this point since it's not going to matter anyways.
      Last edited by Zagacious on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

      Post Reply