Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Danimon

Re: Super Episode 119 (10 December 2017)

Post by Danimon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:07 am

So... What happened to Gamisarasu's first desing? I thought he was supposed to be a purple Damon, that's really weird. :think:

Also, Toei's description for Damon mentioned that he uses self-destruct techniques, and dodged attacks by shedding his skin and leaving his husk behind, but he never did any of that in the episode, was that a last minute change? :?:

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 am

jplaya2023 wrote:the way piccolo was eliminated was trash, goku coulda saved him like he did 17. That's really bad writing.
The most I can say is Piccolo was pushed off the edge while standing a few meters away from it while 17 was pushed towards the edge from afar, so Goku couldn't have saved him like he did to 17.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:16 am

Danimon wrote:So... What happened to Gamisarasu's first desing? I thought he was supposed to be a purple Damon, that's really weird. :think:

Also, Toei's description for Damon mentioned that he uses self-destruct techniques, and dodged attacks by shedding his skin and leaving his husk behind, but he never did any of that in the episode, was that a last minute change? :?:
I think for Gamisarasu they just used Damon as a place holder since he was invisible, for Damon I'm not really sure. My best guess is that they changed it for whatever reason. Which is a shame because if the kept Damon like that he could have been more of a threat.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:18 am

Its funny to me how cocky Quitela appeared this entire tournament only to have his fighters get snuffed out with simple strategy.

Prince Ire

Post by Prince Ire » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 am

Have to agree that this episode was ok in and of itself, but came way too late in the tournament. Placing it right after the well done, emotional eliminations of Universe 2 and Universe 6 last week make it look especially underwhelming in comparison.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:32 am

Meh. Like really meh. An ineffective episode to me. But boy, did I love and enjoy seeing that mischievous bastard Quitela getting erased. :lol: :clap:

chickensguys
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chickensguys » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:50 am

A gimmick episode,very poorly done. Can someone explain to me why they didn't do a quitela and beerus scene. They are rivals for pete sakes and why didn't they follow up with the erasing of Champa. Next eposide looks like a gimmick too, things are looking down. =(

MasterofSix

Post by MasterofSix » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:54 am

jplaya2023 wrote: Also why didn't piccolo absorb those nameks, that woulda been a real easy way to keep his power up with the rest and they coulda given him the namek book of legends to make him even stronger, i felt like they missed that
Namekian Fusion needs consent, and those two weren't going to have themselves fuse with Piccolo. Oh, and also, both of them were pierced and blasted by a Special Beam Cannon/Kamehameha. There was no chance for fusion.

I don't see why that's difficult to understand. :eh:

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:58 am

MasterofSix wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote: Also why didn't piccolo absorb those nameks, that woulda been a real easy way to keep his power up with the rest and they coulda given him the namek book of legends to make him even stronger, i felt like they missed that
Namekian Fusion needs consent, and those two weren't going to have themselves fuse with Piccolo. Oh, and also, both of them were pierced and blasted by a Special Beam Cannon/Kamehameha. There was no chance for fusion.

I don't see why that's difficult to understand. :eh:
if their universe get's erased so does all of namek and everything. They can keep everything within piccolo.

the beams coulda knocked them out on stage then they tell piccolo to carry ont he namek tradition and let him take them into his being

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:00 am

Really loved this episode. Good animation and music.
Loved Piccolo's badass moments before he was eliminated. I really do enjoy the strategy based battles, this episode as well as the sniper one reminds me of Jojo.
Problem with dragonball fans is that they are so obsessed with the power fantasy elements of Dragonball that they cant appreciate anything different, which is a shame because dragonball wasnt always a power fantasy and I appreciate the writers doing something different.
Also the I dont understand why people are dissapointed in Damon. There was nothing to imply that he would be a major threat, he was hyped because fans illegally obtained info on him months ago and immediatly assumed that he would be a major threat, if you are dissapointed blame yourself for buying into the hype.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:14 am

I enjoyed this episode. The only thing I was dissapointed in was the end when Quintilla said he was going to take someone with him. I was hoping he would have tried to attack Zeno or Beerus. Oh well, I liked how Piccolo took out two of the guys and thanks to Goku and 17's teamwork took out the last one.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:14 am

Some comments on this episode...

--- I really really love our warrior Katopesla. I thought his Ultra mode and FInal Mission Canon looked amazing. Also, if most of you haven't realized it already, he's SUCH A TANK! Lol he took a final flash but came out of it unscathed. His survival skills are really high (Gamisaras's sneak attack doesn't count ;p). I mean count how many times he's been knocked around yet comes back eventually like nothing happened.

--- I LOVED the little detail of how when Champari translated for Mosco Sama, he even put actual emotion into it, just to convey exactly what Mosco was going for. Though me and my friends chuckled because we imagined Mosco saying "Boy, dafuq u doing?????" XD.

--- This was definitely one of the weaker episodes, but a downtime episode like this one is essential.

---Universe 4's erasure was i think the only one that didn't have some kind of reaction lol.

--- Quitela threatening to take everyone with him had me loling hard.

Anyways, being a part of the Universe 3 team, I'm ecstatic to see our warriors in action next episode. Let's do this Dai San Uchuu!!!!!!!!!!!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:21 am

SSJ YUSUKE wrote:Really loved this episode. Good animation and music.
Loved Piccolo's badass moments before he was eliminated. I really do enjoy the strategy based battles, this episode as well as the sniper one reminds me of Jojo.
Problem with dragonball fans is that they are so obsessed with the power fantasy elements of Dragonball that they cant appreciate anything different, which is a shame because dragonball wasnt always a power fantasy and I appreciate the writers doing something different.
Also the I dont understand why people are dissapointed in Damon. There was nothing to imply that he would be a major threat, he was hyped because fans illegally obtained info on him months ago and immediatly assumed that he would be a major threat, if you are dissapointed blame yourself for buying into the hype.
I think people were expecting more from Damon on the count of the fact that there was some previously suspense being made over the fact that the other fighters couldn’t see him and Gamisaras. They were implied to be Universe 4’s trump card, but they ended up just being generic villains of the week.

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:32 am

WittyUsername wrote:
SSJ YUSUKE wrote:Really loved this episode. Good animation and music.
I think people were expecting more from Damon on the count of the fact that there was some previously suspense being made over the fact that the other fighters couldn’t see him and Gamisaras. They were implied to be Universe 4’s trump card, but they ended up just being generic villains of the week.
Heres the thing, if he were to be a threat dont you think more would have been done to build him up? There would have been more foreshadowing, think Caulifla and Kale and Jiren who had all been foreshadowed as major threats to Goku both before and throughout the tournament. I think it would have been really weak writing for a major threat to jump up out of nowhere. Even the Universe 3 robots have been built up more than Damon and a lot more subtely as well, yet few people focused on them because of the associated leaks with regards to Damon months ago. Had it been the Universe 3 robots that had been leaked and not Damon I think fewer people would be dissapointed.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:33 am

After all this hyping, they didn't have anything more than just being invincible or too small.
And of course, they used that old trick to defeat the invinsible person, why I am not surprised by this level of writing.

And why the hell was Quitela super confidence about something as pathetic as this? is this really the most amazing thing he ever saw? what a stupid god of destruction, like most of them actually... lol

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:37 am

Universe 4's easily been the most rushed through threat, what with episode 105 and now with this episode. Overall Damon had the potential to uphold a couple of episodes with his concept, but sadly as a trump card, it disappointed on all fronts. For the limited time we had it around though, I enjoy Damon's presence. Just dragged down by the rushing through of Universe 4, who despite being the trickiest of the Universes, clearly meant nothing. Regardless of who the focus was on, from Majora from Shantsa, Monna was the only real threat around. What a shame.

My biggest issue is that I think I'm going through Android fatigue now. I was hoping 17 would've been knocked out a while ago to create some dire straits, but the two Androids on their ago have essentially soloed everything. Why was 17 even the one to fight Damon? He had nothing to do with the episode. You had a perfect revenge opportunity with Gohan, or even Universe 3 if they had wanted to build them up as a viable threat for the next two episodes. Would've been nice if Universe 7 weren't the only universe taking all the final hits. Here's hoping Universe 3 at least gets taken out by Jiren, and the Universe 11 team has some actual collateral to their name. But, I'm not expecting much sadly; for how much I like the Tournament, they're really failing at not making Universe 7 look badass 24/7.
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:44 am

This episode just proves that the Manga is objectively better 100% FACT :D
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:45 am

Uninspired and streamlined. It didn't help that it's was a wonky looking episode.
It's was obvious they were scratching parts of their list: Universe 4 elimination and Piccolo's elimination. Based on next's weeks preview U3 seems to be the next possibly together with Gohan and then we''ll have a final face off against U11.

The writing wasn't a total disaster I give them that. Piccolo's defeat was deserved like a well built con. That's all the praise I have, U4 wasn't made justice. That's why I don't get how Goku vs the Saiyan girls lasting so long and then they shove entire Universes into 1 episode. Another failing of this arc which was highlighted in this episode, Universe 7 show; everybody else is apparently just waiting around for them.

Piccolo leaves in second to last of U7 characters treatment wise, only Tenshinhan got it worse than him. There was very little here for our slug man.

I'm not excited for the next episode if it's just another one like this.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:54 am

I cannot remember a single thing about the Fourth Universe other than Quitela and Beers hating one another. This should've been Episode #104. This whole arc is eight episodes of material stretched to twenty.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:02 am

Roshi took out 3 of their fighters, Cabba took out the fat woman, and the other 3 were in this episode. And the green guy grabbed Goku in the very first episode, etc.

U4's fighters were spread out over the arc.