Super Episode 120 (17 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Super Episode 120 (17 December 2017)

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:43 pm

BWri wrote:
precita wrote:
BWri wrote: I've heard plenty of good about the episode and seen some of the fight scenes before it was properly uploaded. Fights look cool, but it looks mindless. If you can tell me a good reason why these mechanical robots are so strong then I'll watch it. Otherwise, it doesn't appear to be worth my time this week.
So you purposely skip episodes of a tournament? Each episode is about 20 minutes long, you're telling me you can't spend 20 minutes of your time over the next 7 days to watch this ep because "le robots?"
This is actually the first episode of the tournament that I decided to skip and yes, if I deem something a waste of my time, I will not watch it. 20 minutes is a great deal of time in my typical day. Spending those twenty minutes here instead seems much more interesting this week. Your opinion of the robots is more interesting than the robots themselves IMO
It's a good ep, better than some of the TOP eps in the past. Why you'd watch every episode prior and skip this one is beyond me.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Why do people feel like they have to “explain” why the robots are strong? Why should they have to explain why any new fighter is strong?

This just screams of people having pre-conceived notions in their head of how strong characters should be before we even see them doing anything.
BWri wrote:
precita wrote:
BWri wrote: I've heard plenty of good about the episode and seen some of the fight scenes before it was properly uploaded. Fights look cool, but it looks mindless. If you can tell me a good reason why these mechanical robots are so strong then I'll watch it. Otherwise, it doesn't appear to be worth my time this week.
So you purposely skip episodes of a tournament? Each episode is about 20 minutes long, you're telling me you can't spend 20 minutes of your time over the next 7 days to watch this ep because "le robots?"
This is actually the first episode of the tournament that I decided to skip and yes, if I deem something a waste of my time, I will not watch it. 20 minutes is a great deal of time in my typical day. Spending those twenty minutes here instead seems much more interesting this week. Your opinion of the robots is more interesting than the robots themselves IMO
So your reason for skipping this episode is because of... robots? I’m confused. There are a lot worse episodes that are worth skipping in this arc like 119 and 106. Why this one?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:46 pm

TobyS wrote:Is it time to unsticky a bunch of the old episode discussions?? Like two thirds of the page is full of those threads, makes it hard to discuss anything beyond the latest episode... Anyone else agree?
This.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Kinda funny because the same people spend 20 minutes of their day on forums like this one, or anywhere else on the internet, so you're not exactly "saving your time" by not watching a 20 minute ep if you're just browsing the internet anyway.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Asura wrote:Why do people feel like they have to “explain” why the robots are strong? Why should they have to explain why any new fighter is strong?

This just screams of people having pre-conceived notions in their head of how strong characters should be before we even see them doing anything.
BWri wrote:
precita wrote:
So your reason for skipping this episode is because of... robots? I’m confused. There are a lot worse episodes that are worth skipping in this arc like 119 and 106. Why this one?
I guess, but in a show about spiritual powers that's gotten to godly echelons, I find it strange that robots are at this level. But I guess if I accepted no explanation for it before, I theoretically should be able to accept no explanation for it now. It just seems off. Maybe it's because they look so stupid, particularly the one that's like 80% legs and eyes. IDK, if they gave me something in the way of explanation, I'd be interested at least, or if the robots had a cool story to them. I just have no motivation to watch at the moment.

I only liked 119 because Piccolo did something and had a few moments to look cool, something he's seldom given. He's my favorite character and now that he's gone, eh. Aniraza looks interesting and of course I'll be watching the Pride Troopers. Hopefully Dyspo has more fight left in him and Toppo has something up his sleeve.
precita wrote:Kinda funny because the same people spend 20 minutes of their day on forums like this one, or anywhere else on the internet, so you're not exactly "saving your time" by not watching a 20 minute ep if you're just browsing the internet anyway.
Please, just drop it. I've already explained that I don't like to spend MY time doing things that I don't want to do. That's a simple concept to understand is it not? I don't need three or four posts asking me to explain the same thing over and over. I don't want to waste my time on an episode I don't care about. I'm not making a statement or ruining anyone's enjoyment of the episode. It is simply MY personal preference. I don't feel Kanzenshuu is a waste of time, because personal preferences. Perhaps it is to you, but it isn't to me.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Your entire vendetta against this ep in particular is "robots." Purposely not watching an episode with preconceived notions is odd to say the least.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
TobyS wrote:Is it time to unsticky a bunch of the old episode discussions?? Like two thirds of the page is full of those threads, makes it hard to discuss anything beyond the latest episode... Anyone else agree?
This.
The archive thread has been wiped out basically, so it seems, they won't move old episode threads over there, until they have solved the problem.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:24 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
This.
The archive thread has been wiped out basically, so it seems, they won't move old episode threads over there, until they have solved the problem.
But its only be a problem if we were advocating deleting them, I'm just saying let em drop down some pages....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:09 pm

BWri wrote:
precita wrote:
There’s nothing wrong with skipping episodes you don’t agree with.

I skipped the Roshi episodes because I thought his presence in this tournament was BS. I think it’s better to skip episodes you know you won’t like than to tolerate stuff you know will cause you to have a more negative outlook on the series.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 am

The episode was honestly a very big step up from last weeks in my opinion. The Universe 4 warriors were honestly very dissapointing. Glad to see that Universe 3 can hold their own, and have yet to go all out. I also liked that beerus acknowledge gohan, some character development for beerus.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:06 am

Universe 3 gave a fairly good accounting of themselves in this episode. I really hope Aniraza knocks out at least two people next episode. At this stage in the game there's no reason he shouldn't be able to.

That shot of Goku being pounded into the ground has me pretty worried. I seriously hope they don't go the "Goku is out of stamina" route again and make him fight Toppo and Dyspo to recover before going back to Jiren.

SeniorMaj

Post by SeniorMaj » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:10 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
U3 is more than fodder if they can challenge all 3 of those characters at the same time, and then take on the entirety of U7 next episode.
The only reason Universe 3 got so far into the Tournament is because they were cautious enough not to pick fights with the dominant Universe 7. Now they have decided to go on the offensive, and that will be their downfall. But perhaps you are right. Let's get rid of the inferior universes first, so we can finally get to the Goku/Jiren rematch.
Actually, Universe 3 has been fighting the entire time, with Katopelsa fighting Vegeta and even the Bolla bot fighting Gohan(also their attempt to jump Goku). If you watch closely they stand out as a really aggressive team that just didn't even get full focus until now, even attacking U11 multiple times iirc.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:24 am

SeniorMaj wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:
U3 is more than fodder if they can challenge all 3 of those characters at the same time, and then take on the entirety of U7 next episode.
The only reason Universe 3 got so far into the Tournament is because they were cautious enough not to pick fights with the dominant Universe 7. Now they have decided to go on the offensive, and that will be their downfall. But perhaps you are right. Let's get rid of the inferior universes first, so we can finally get to the Goku/Jiren rematch.
Actually, Universe 3 has been fighting the entire time, with Katopelsa fighting Vegeta and even the Bolla bot fighting Gohan(also their attempt to jump Goku). If you watch closely they stand out as a really aggressive team that just didn't even get full focus until now, even attacking U11 multiple times iirc.
Yes, i remember that Katopesla was no match for Android 17 and Final Form Frieza and barely matched Super Saiyan Vegeta. Bollarotor, on the other hand, was easily knocked away by base Caulifla. I also remember that Universe 3's leader (forgot the name of this fodder) was oneshotted by base Cabba and that spin guy was one of the first to be eliminated by Basil and Hit. Then there was that guy who looked like Perfect Cell who was defeated by Roshi and Tien. The only one who showed some promise was Maji Kayo, but then again, he was stupid enough to pick a fight against the objectively superior Jiren and lost. Really, Universe 3 has assembled an impressive team!

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:28 am

in order for the tournament to advance properly 17 and 18 needs to go next episode. thats enough they had their time and they need to get eliminated already. so we can have focus on freeza and vegeta. i also think gohan needs to go but i know it wont happen.

i want to see toppo vs frieza. this will be so cool

SeniorMaj

Post by SeniorMaj » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:34 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
SeniorMaj wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote: The only reason Universe 3 got so far into the Tournament is because they were cautious enough not to pick fights with the dominant Universe 7. Now they have decided to go on the offensive, and that will be their downfall. But perhaps you are right. Let's get rid of the inferior universes first, so we can finally get to the Goku/Jiren rematch.
Yes, i remember that Katopesla was no match for Android 17 and Final Form Frieza and barely matched Super Saiyan Vegeta. Bollarotor, on the other hand, was easily knocked away by base Caulifla. I also remember that Universe 3's leader (forgot the name of this fodder) was oneshotted by base Cabba and that spin guy was one of the first to be eliminated by Basil and Hit. Then there was that guy who looked like Perfect Cell who was defeated by Roshi and Tien. The only one who showed some promise was Maji Kayo, but then again, he was stupid enough to pick a fight against the objectively superior Jiren and lost. Really, Universe 3 has assembled an impressive team!
What does that have to do with them not picking fights with people? That just proves my point, they've been doing just that regardless of success and managed to keep the most members regardless, Nigrisshi isn't the leader though and Narirama was okay until he got double teamed, Bollarotor though you should give some credit, he's fought Gohan and Vegeta on his own. Being blindsided by Caulifla isn't really proving much since we've seen exactly how those robots fight now, unexpected attacks aren't really their thing.

AndLad92

Post by AndLad92 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 am

I think this was a far more interesting episode than the last one. We got to see what universe 3 was actually capable of and had a team-up of Vegeta, Goku and Gohan. This team-up felt fresh and I don't think we have seen that team-up before. It was a rather short team-up unfortunately.

On a different note: Before this tournament even started, I thought that the strongest fighter(s) from every universe would last until the end. Instead they are letting whole universes be erased almost one by one. I think it would be far more interesting to let about 1-3 of the strongest fighters from every universe survive until the end, resulting in a very intense final fight. At the same time, we would still have a lot of spectators left. Instead of a final fight between hypothetically 8 universes, we are only getting a final fight between only 2 universes.
As a big fan of Dragon Ball, I should be expected to hate the live action movie "Dragon Ball: Evolution", but I don't. I don't like it because of the content, but because it gave us Dragon Ball Super:

"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super.

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:14 am

SeniorMaj wrote: Nigrisshi isn't the leader though
I thought they said something like he was the leader OR he was the stronger fighter of U3 (I don't remember exact words), in the pre-tournament episode where they were working on adapting the robots for the rules of the tournament. Given the way he was eliminated then, I can only guess the two episodes were written by different people and the latter one did not get the memo about Nigrisshi being meant to be a rather strong guy.
Bollarotor though you should give some credit, he's fought Gohan and Vegeta on his own. Being blindsided by Caulifla isn't really proving much since we've seen exactly how those robots fight now, unexpected attacks aren't really their thing.
Yes, these three robots are analyzing the fighting style of their opponents, and adapt. Hence a sudden, unexpected attack from a new person like Caulifla did is what takes them off-guard the most.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Gig wrote:
SeniorMaj wrote: Nigrisshi isn't the leader though
I thought they said something like he was the leader OR he was the stronger fighter of U3 (I don't remember exact words), in the pre-tournament episode where they were working on adapting the robots for the rules of the tournament. Given the way he was eliminated then, I can only guess the two episodes were written by different people and the latter one did not get the memo about Nigrisshi being meant to be a rather strong guy.
He was stated to be the greatest modified warrior of U3 in the one scene when he described Narirama. That was until his teammates' modifications were completed.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Well, after recently watching the episode, i can say it is a good episode. What i like about the episode is the ending. Plus i am glad u3 isnt a fodder universe. Also i like the robot design. Its a bit funny.

Overall, i think ToP produced much more interesting episodes than Black Goku arc.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Universe 3 gave a fairly good accounting of themselves in this episode. I really hope Aniraza knocks out at least two people next episode. At this stage in the game there's no reason he shouldn't be able to.

That shot of Goku being pounded into the ground has me pretty worried. I seriously hope they don't go the "Goku is out of stamina" route again and make him fight Toppo and Dyspo to recover before going back to Jiren.
I'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed it; i actually fear that Goku may unlock ultra instinct (again) against Anariza.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote: