Super Episode 120 (17 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Episode 120 (17 December 2017)

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:51 pm

Thinking about last week, I can say this episode was enjoyable, but not so much...

- I wish they didn't have to show Zen-Oh(s) in every episode, man their dialogue is sure getting annoying

- Talking about annoying I don't what was more in this episode: U3 Angel always having to say "Mosco-sama says" or that Pararoni guy laughing evilly and talking like he was always in the advantage (a usual villain trope) :yawn:

- I fail to understand the logic in this tournament, they could defeat the bots before their fusion, but you gotta include that stamina BS so Gohan could have his moment alone fighting three enemies, that was wasted by the way...

- I'm impressive with how much love the Androids are getting, I sure like 17 and 18 fighting together, but sadly the next episode will be the last of one of them on the ToP

- The only thing that impressed me in this episode overral was that Universe 3 was not erased :roll:

- NEP seems interesting, we finally see Freeza doing some sh*t instead of just watching people thinking he's some kind of boss or something
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:54 pm

That was certainly better than last week’s episode. Looks like Universe 3 is going to get a fairly climactic send off next week, unlike Universe 4.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:54 pm

The episode was pretty good,better than the last week episode.
    Now this is team battle that I like,The U3 robot were pretty cool in this episode,The team up of #17 and #18 was also good and Gohan had a good showing in this episode through my only complaint of this episode is that U11 are just standing there really wish freeza was figthing toppo or dyspo.

gofishus
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 pm

I feel like #17/#18 will be eliminated next episode anyone else have same thoughts? judging from NEP i mean U7 still has way too many warriors compared to U11 so...

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Noah wrote: - Talking about annoying I don't what was more in this episode: U3 Angel always having to say "Mosco-sama says" or that Pararoni guy laughing evilly and talking like he was always in the advantage (a usual villain trope) :yawn:
    Wasn't annoyed with the angel since he is the translator of mosco,annoyed with paparoni,can't they be diverse with the personalities,i expected a fancy guy rather than cackling villain.
    Mostly active on discord.

precita
    Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:06 pm

In Dragonball world it seems like robots and Androids are Godly powerful for some...reason. Like you would not expect machines to be as powerful as organic beings.

But every time we have some robot character, the Androids, Cell, Magetta, Cyborg Freeza, now most of Universe 3...they're insanely powerful. When you realize the robots could have defeated Majin Buu back in the Buu arc, a creature who was the most feared U7 being, you know there's something funny about this.

What makes robots so strong?

TheOne
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Noah wrote:Thinking about last week, I can say this episode was enjoyable, but not so much...

- I wish they didn't have to show Zen-Oh(s) in every episode, man their dialogue is sure getting annoying

- Talking about annoying I don't what was more in this episode: U3 Angel always having to say "Mosco-sama says" or that Pararoni guy laughing evilly and talking like he was always in the advantage (a usual villain trope) :yawn:

- I fail to understand the logic in this tournament, they could defeat the bots before their fusion, but you gotta include that stamina BS so Gohan could have his moment alone fighting three enemies, that was wasted by the way...

- I'm impressive with how much love the Androids are getting, I sure like 17 and 18 fighting together, but sadly the next episode will be the last of one of them on the ToP

- The only thing that impressed me in this episode overral was that Universe 3 was not erased :roll:

- NEP seems interesting, we finally see Freeza doing some sh*t instead of just watching people thinking he's some kind of boss or something
    Was it stated someone was going to fall out? I must’ve missed that part
    How i predict the tournament will end:

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:09 pm

The gr wrote:Wasn't annoyed with the angel since he is the translator of mosco,annoyed with paparoni,can't they be diverse with the personalities,i expected a fancy guy rather than cackling villain.
    I have no problem with him translating stuff, but he should have dropped the "Mosco-sama says" after the first time.
    TheOne wrote:Was it stated someone was going to fall out? I must’ve missed that part
    Well, you could see in the NEP a shot of the full gang and 18 is not present, so it's fair to assume she's gone.
    乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TheOne
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Noah wrote:
    The gr wrote:Wasn't annoyed with the angel since he is the translator of mosco,annoyed with paparoni,can't they be diverse with the personalities,i expected a fancy guy rather than cackling villain.
    I have no problem with him translating stuff, but he should have dropped the "Mosco-sama says" after the first time.
    TheOne wrote:Was it stated someone was going to fall out? I must’ve missed that part
    Well, you could see in the NEP a shot of the full gang and 18 is not present, so it's fair to assume she's gone.

Ahhhh. I didn’t watch the preview so I guess I missed out. Well that’s a shame. The androids teaming up was one of the highlights. Oh well
    How i predict the tournament will end:

Simere
    Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Noah wrote:Well, you could see in the NEP a shot of the full gang and 18 is not present, so it's fair to assume she's gone.
    It's fair to speculate she's gone; assuming she's gone is stupid, to say the least.

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:20 pm

Simere wrote:It's fair to speculate she's gone; assuming she's gone is stupid, to say the least.
    No, it's reasonable. Stupid would be assuming Vegeta would be knocked out in the last episode because the NEP was forcefully indicating so
    乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Smilodon
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Another silly episode...And what hell is Vados doing in U7 corner? She doesn't say nothing... :(
    Vados Sama!

majinwarman
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Smilodon wrote:Another silly episode...And what hell is Vados doing in U7 corner? She doesn't say nothing... :(
    Maybe she doesn't want to say anything because she doesn't want to help U7 out. I mean it's not her universe, so why say anything at all or give hints out to anyone.
    Last edited by majinwarman on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Majinwarman
    So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Noah wrote:
    Simere wrote:It's fair to speculate she's gone; assuming she's gone is stupid, to say the least.
    No, it's reasonable. Stupid would be assuming Vegeta would be knocked out in the last episode because the NEP was forcefully indicating so
    That was funny to hear fans cry about that. I was just having the time of my life when I heard that come up.
    Majinwarman

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:40 pm

precita wrote:In Dragonball world it seems like robots and Androids are Godly powerful for some...reason. Like you would not expect machines to be as powerful as organic beings.

But every time we have some robot character, the Androids, Cell, Magetta, Cyborg Freeza, now most of Universe 3...they're insanely powerful. When you realize the robots could have defeated Majin Buu back in the Buu arc, a creature who was the most feared U7 being, you know there's something funny about this.

What makes robots so strong?
    People who are smart at building robots.
    Majinwarman

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:41 pm

^ Mate, there's an option to edit your post so there you could avoid making double, triple posts
    乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:42 pm

This was a really good episode and next week's looks even better.
    July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Good ep that. I still maintain that Universe 6 should have been the penultimate foe, but I enjoy the idea of the team nobody thought would have a hope in hell actually pulling together and being effective in the eleventh hour. It's The Little Megazord That Could. That said, if all they manage to do is take out 18, I'll be disappointed. Losing both Androids would be a better setup for the final battle.

CriticalThinker
    Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:09 am

This episode was lot better than last weeks episode for sure and I really liked it. Nice teamwork shown from both universes this week and man 18 got another elimination, good on her. As someone who liked U3 from the very start I'm pretty happy that they aren't pushovers in the end like U4 was.

Supersaiyanbulla
    Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:25 am

Does anyone else just not care about this arc at this point because I’m just waiting for the Vegeta vs jiren fight.