Super Episode 121 (23 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheZFighter
Regular

Re: Super Episode 121 (23 December 2017)

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:55 am

Best episode so far for me.

Love 17 and 18. 17 cutting through Aniraza's attack was amazing.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:59 am

puar wrote:in the end anyraza was another weakling
Yeah. I mean, it only took the entire strength of all remaining U7 fighters and #17's resourcefulness to take him down. What a loser.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:03 am

Easily one of the best episodes, that dream team beam struggle moment was pure hype. And my boy Takahashi is coming back next episode.

Also, misleading or not, I'd have never expected to see Vegeta forcing Jiren into making these kinds of faces.

I'm not that much of a Vegeta fan but I'm happy about this. I don't even care if they used that holding back excuse, it's just that seeing the haters being mad at this is pretty funny lol.
At the very least, it's pretty obvious he's going to perform much better than Hit.
Nickolaidas wrote:
Yeah. I mean, it only took the entire strength of all remaining U7 fighters and #17's resourcefulness to take him down. What a loser.
He's indeed not a weakling, but let's say maybe they should stop introducing new characters and have them lose in the very same episode? Can't feel that much about him no matter how many impressive things he did if he'll lose a few minutes later.

Elvis143BRA

Post by Elvis143BRA » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:22 am

This is what the arc should have been all about: real battle royale, strong opponents and U7 struggling.

But, the next episode will suck. They are cheapening Jiren by making him struggle against Vegeta. Yeah, because SSB Kaioken X20 Goku couldn't do shit and now Vegeta suddenly can fight him much better makes all the sense in the world. Bring back the power levels because this shit is just... shit.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:42 am

Power levels are bullshit and can fuck right the fuck off. They're the reason dozen of once-upon-a-time-awesome characters became obscure and turned them into cheap fodder. Kudos to Super for giving the finger to PLs and making Dragon Ball all about the awesomesauce once more.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:54 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Power levels are bullshit and can fuck right the fuck off. They're the reason dozen of once-upon-a-time-awesome characters became obscure and turned them into cheap fodder. Kudos to Super for giving the finger to PLs and making Dragon Ball all about the awesomesauce once more.
You do realize that DB and DBZ strictly adhered to powerlevels all the way through? Also it's not even debatable as to who was stronger than who (among the central characters at least) all the way up to the Cell arc. The confusion only started in the Buu arc, but even then it's possible to pinpoint everyone's strength with some manga research. In Super though? Super's just the same as Z's filler and GT in this regard.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:59 am

Saturnine wrote:You do realize that DB and DBZ strictly adhered to powerlevels all the way through?
Yes, and I hated that.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:00 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
and yet he lost in one episode

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:07 am

This was quite a splendid episode. Loved the interactions of the characters, namely Frieza kicking Goku back in the ring. That was a funny moment lol.

18 made the right choice sacrificing herself for her brother because he sure kicked that giant's ass. The battle was cool involving all five of the Universe 7. Idk but I quite enjoy Frieza cooperating with the rest. With him in the team I think they got their win in their hands.

Now onto the final stage..

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:08 am

puar wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
and yet he lost in one episode
A weakling isn't defined by how many episodes it takes to beat him - it's defined by how much strength was needed to beat him. With your kind of logic, Ribrianne was a lot more powerful than Anyraza.

Paragon1

Post by Paragon1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:29 am

This episode was fantastic. Really enjoyed it and one of Super's best moments. The Androids have been awesome this whole tournament and am really pleased they made it in. Their unique abilities as Androids and their relationship with each other has been great along with their tag team battles.

Going to miss them a lot after ToP. Wish DBS would keep them around somehow. If they were it needs to be them both together.

As others have said the teamwork in this episode was awesome and well overdue as well.

Perfect way to end the year! :clap:

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:31 am

To be fair, I didn't think this episode was sooo mega amazing, pretty cool though. Glad everyone liked it so much though.

As for Herms, I haven't seen him tweet anything since December 15. Just throwing it out there :|

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:36 am

Paragon1 wrote:This episode was fantastic. Really enjoyed it and one of Super's best moments. The Androids have been awesome this whole tournament and am really pleased they made it in. Their unique abilities as Androids and their relationship with each other has been great along with their tag team battles.

Going to miss them a lot after ToP. Wish DBS would keep them around somehow. If they were it needs to be them both together.

As others have said the teamwork in this episode was awesome and well overdue as well.

Perfect way to end the year! :clap:
This is my personal hope for the group - I want the good old days where the entire team was around during a threat, like in the Vegeta or Androids saga. I don't want them to be lost in obscurity again, only to have Goku and Vegeta do stuff.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:56 am

Saturnine wrote: As for Herms, I haven't seen him tweet anything since December 15. Just throwing it out there :|
https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 7837306880
He's made like 10+ tweets in the last 24 hours :?

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:14 am

Lol, so much butthurt because Vegeta is performing well against Jiren.

I am glad that Veggie will get some love and hopefully Goku will defeat Jiren cooperating with Vegeta.

I would like this to happen because it wouldn't downgrade Jiren so much. It would need at least two strong warriors to take him down, not just Goku. It would give the better showing of Jiren.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:16 am

puar wrote:so yeah it was a good episode but in the end anyraza was another weakling and universe 3 are dissapointing. ho well. at least we got to the real action. no more weaklings only interesting match ups from now on
I don't see how he was a weakling, we spent two entire episodes on this universe, and the final boss nearly defeated all heroes combined. By comparison, that would be like saying Toppo and Dyspo are weaklings because they both got rekt in the episodes they did something prominent(namely 82 and 104).

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:19 am

JazzMazz wrote:
puar wrote:so yeah it was a good episode but in the end anyraza was another weakling and universe 3 are dissapointing. ho well. at least we got to the real action. no more weaklings only interesting match ups from now on
I don't see how he was a weakling, we spent two entire episodes on this universe, and the final boss nearly defeated all heroes combined. By comparison, that would be like saying Toppo and Dyspo are weaklings because they both got rekt in the episodes they did something prominent(namely 82 and 104).

Exactly. The only warrior who (probably and most likely) would be able to defeat Amiraza was Jiren.

Maybe also UI Goku but I wouldn't count him since he temporarily lost his UI.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:50 am

Mercenary wrote:Lol, so much butthurt because Vegeta is performing well against Jiren.

I am glad that Veggie will get some love and hopefully Goku will defeat Jiren cooperating with Vegeta.

I would like this to happen because it wouldn't downgrade Jiren so much. It would need at least two strong warriors to take him down, not just Goku. It would give the better showing of Jiren.
"Butthurt"? People sure do like to act cliche on the internet. I dont think it's "butthurt" but confusion because the logic Super is throwing out doesn't seem to make sense. If SSB Vegeta could damage Jiren then wouldn't that imply SSB KKx10 Goku would destroy him? But thats not how things played out.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:56 am

I can't be the only one who's sick of them having people revert to weaker levels of power just so they can old school Z movie it by having "big epic" transformation sequences for Blue and Ultimate over and over again. Seriously, I feel like there's a "Holy shit! Here's SSBlue guise!" moment every episode.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:04 am

So Aniraza is basically a fusion between janemba and hatchiyack? He used janemba moves and this fight is very similar to the OAV with hatchiyack xD
Very hyped for the next ep!!! :0
They cat hit jiren in ... blue form!? :0