Super Episode 121 (23 December 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Episode 121 (23 December 2017)

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:03 am

OverHeaven wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:My favourite joke is Universe 7 led by Goku, and Universe 11 led by Jiren. It's like they didn't give a crap about Gohan in the leader role (Which they really didn't XD), as well as Toppo who is the leader of the pride troopers. It's all about dem strongest.
"Gohan is the leader" was just a poorly written random line. They literally forgot about it almost immediately lol
How?

I will admit that a lot of his fellow members separated from him early on, but his taken charge in almost every team situation his been apart of and that’s become more prevalent especially in the later stages of the tournament.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:44 am

JazzMazz wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:My favourite joke is Universe 7 led by Goku, and Universe 11 led by Jiren. It's like they didn't give a crap about Gohan in the leader role (Which they really didn't XD), as well as Toppo who is the leader of the pride troopers. It's all about dem strongest.
"Gohan is the leader" was just a poorly written random line. They literally forgot about it almost immediately lol
How?

I will admit that a lot of his fellow members separated from him early on, but his taken charge in almost every team situation his been apart of and that’s become more prevalent especially in the later stages of the tournament.
I'm not saying he's useless. Of course, he'll try to help them whenever he can but that is not because he is the *leader*. More like it's just how his personality is. Whether he helps or not, the leader thing was never mentioned again. You can remove that one scene and you will not feel any inconsistency.

Elvis143BRA

Post by Elvis143BRA » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:57 am

OverHeaven wrote:How did 17 "fly" to Anilaza? It was clearly flying this time, "jumping too high" excuse won't work here.
Seriously this stupid role is useless and never did any significant changes, it's only there so they keep forgetting about it.
What was even the point of that rule? Nothing changed about how they fight.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:06 pm

Elvis143BRA wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:How did 17 "fly" to Anilaza? It was clearly flying this time, "jumping too high" excuse won't work here.
Seriously this stupid role is useless and never did any significant changes, it's only there so they keep forgetting about it.
Wheres your proof that they weren't jumping any of those times ?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:08 pm

OverHeaven wrote:
I'm not saying he's useless. Of course, he'll try to help them whenever he can but that is not because he is the *leader*. More like it's just how his personality is. Whether he helps or not, the leader thing wanever mentioned again. You can remove that one scene and you will not feel any inconsistency.
He's taken charge though. HE was the one telling the circle what to do. He was the one who told everyone how to act last episode with his everyone attack at once plan. He tried to boost team morale and tried to calm veegeta down.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:18 pm

kinisking wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:
I'm not saying he's useless. Of course, he'll try to help them whenever he can but that is not because he is the *leader*. More like it's just how his personality is. Whether he helps or not, the leader thing wanever mentioned again. You can remove that one scene and you will not feel any inconsistency.
He's taken charge though. HE was the one telling the circle what to do. He was the one who told everyone how to act last episode with his everyone attack at once plan. He tried to boost team morale and tried to calm veegeta down.
I know, did you even read what I said? I'm saying he's doing it because that's just how his personality is, and he was going to do it anyway even without that one random line. He isn't doing it because they told him to be the *leader*. It's not like they even listen to him all the time anyway.

My point is, they didn't mention anything about that leader thing ever again - unless using it with Goku because he's just the protagonist/strongest. Gohan's performance doesn't matter here. Like I said, try thinking of everything that happened during the tournament as if that line didn't exist, and you won't feel anything strange or that something is missing.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:13 am

It seems Gokux18 is canon now.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:35 pm

TheRed259 wrote:DragonBall Super is so happy now that it has an insert song (after 110+ episodes) and keeps using it over and over again LOL.
I hope they play Unmei no Hi during Gohan's last big moment in the ToP.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Awesome episode! Love the U3 God of Destruction & Angel, Aniraza, the U7 teamwork and 17 (the real MVP - you can't help but like him!) I'm looking forward to what 2018 brings us...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:34 am

I love how this episode is basically the 'Representation of ever Z Arc vs the Representation of every Z Movie', and of course Janemba's warp punches are never a bad thing to have. 18's sacrifice is well done, I especially like her jab at 17 for like the 'sappy human stuff', makes her shit behavior towards Krillin's elimination earlier kind of more understandable as well as make her victory over Brianne a few episodes earlier more badass.

Now, we just need Gohan out and we'll have a full team of just 'People who have tried to kill Goku'
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:46 am

Kanassa wrote: 18's sacrifice is well done, I especially like her jab at 17 for like the 'sappy human stuff', makes her shit behavior towards Krillin's elimination earlier kind of more understandable as well as make her victory over Brianne a few episodes earlier more badass.
How so?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:19 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:It seems Gokux18 is canon now.
Lol that scene was so strange for dragon ball
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Android350

Post by Android350 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:53 am

Bruma rabu wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:It seems Gokux18 is canon now.
Lol that scene was so strange for dragon ball
loved it

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:27 am

Android350 wrote: loved it
I did too, it was quite surprising.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Android350

Post by Android350 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 am

Some super episodes have been dubbed in English already.
Has anyone got any idea on where to watch them? (online) :?:

Cheers

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Android350 wrote:Some super episodes have been dubbed in English already.
Has anyone got any idea on where to watch them? (online) :?:

Cheers
You can watch all of the episodes for free on Funimation’s app. If you have a PlayStation or Xbox you can get the app on there also. It’s where I watch all the episodes when they come out. You’ll have to sit through about 2 short ads, but they don’t bother me.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Android350

Post by Android350 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:21 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Android350 wrote:
You can watch all of the episodes for free on Funimation’s app. If you have a PlayStation or Xbox you can get the app on there also. It’s where I watch all the episodes when they come out. You’ll have to sit through about 2 short ads, but they don’t bother me.
Thank you so much!

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Elvis143BRA wrote:
So people don't just fly back onto the ring when they're knocked off.

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Sorry for the double post since I can't edit my previous one.

When Freeza kicks Goku back in the ring and Goku thanks him, he says "As I'm already dead, having you fall out would cause a bit of a problem." What did he mean by this exactly? Is he basically telling Goku he needs him to win?