Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:32 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:Toppo! Holy crap!

That man went nuts! Did not expect the ring to get blown to hell like it's been!

And Frieza got completely brutalized. Makes me wonder how he's gonna fair toward the end. I still don't believe we've seen him as "True" Golden Frieza, but time will tell.

Looks like 17 is going out next week. That man has done some work. Interested to see what Vegeta can do.

Coming down to the wire! Gonna be interesting to see where this goes
Nah it's most likely Vegeta. 17 being shown "knocked out" in the preview pretty much guarantees he's not going anywhere
We still haven't seen Toshio's "cool Vegeta moment" yet so he's probably not going anywhere yet either. Unless the NEP was talking about what happened in this episode, Frieza's about to get his booty blasted again next week. Might be a dire situation for him.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:33 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:You know whats funny. The ToP arc was stated to be the worst arc in history of dragon ball. But somehow it has one of the best episodes in history of Dragon Ball. Thats... ironic!?
How is the TOP arc the worst arc in Dragon Ball? This is the best arc in Super by far!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:34 pm

MegaBossMan wrote: I'd like to nitpick or criticize something I didn't like in order not to contribute to a sort of echo-chamber feeling, but honestly I can't find myself doing so; this was just an enjoyable episode with a strong sense of directing and writing. Let's keep that pattern up all the way until the end, Super!
The only thing I could nitpick about was the repeated dialogue at times from Goku and Vegeta and Freeza, but even that wasn't enough to get in the way of this particular episode. This was like, hands-on-your-head-in-awe awesome. I wish the TOP had more episodes like this throughout though...

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 pm

If I were 17 I'd just jump off the stage now, I don't see anything he can do. :lol:

In all seriousness though, where was 17 in the preview? He either hides or gets knocked out, or is unconcious like Freeza.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:37 pm

Well that was just fantastic. Tension, engaging fights, amazing characterization for everyone, especially Freeza and Toppo. After a couple months of fun but merely solid episodes, we were finally delivered something special. Probably my favorite episode since 116 (Goku UI vs Kefla).

I went into this not expecting much because of Yashima doing most of the animation, but damn he delivered perfectly fine action. His art is still a bit ugly in some places, and even though his animation isn't technically impressive by any means, he keeps the action moving and intense. Great storyboard and direction here as well. Great writing, too. In fact, great everything.

My only two true flaws would be the lack of any real choreography, and Vegeta's stupid "Don't order me around" bullshit in the beginning.

OH, and the Freeza Namek call back was AMAZING. That's fan service done right. The character doesn't start repeating quotes and all that other nonsense, just a quick two second clip you either catch or you don't. I had a gigantic smile on my face when I saw that.
Last edited by Artorias on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:38 pm

According to Herms, Toppo didn't have that power before. Jiren himself was surprised. :think:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:Well the end of Super does put an end to Freeza ambition but even if it did continue, keeping Freeza around would be a mistake unless they wanted another arc of him as the main villain and who really wants that.
I don't. I mean it was nice to see an arc that they could handle Freeza right, but at this point is just getting dull. Just let him go back to hell after this tournament ends.
fadeddreams5 wrote:Holy crap, with a transformation like that, Toppo should have been the main antagonist. Couldn't they have swapped him with Jiren?
Excellent point! I mean Jiren is so bland that I would have no problem if Toppo was revelead to be the true strongest of U11 and final antagonist of this series.
Last edited by Noah on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Vegeta saying "dont order me around" twice in the span of like three minutes was weird but nothing too annoying.

Love how the arena is getting destroyed even more. The new sky looks awesome and reminds me of where the preliminarys against U9 took place.

Also this is one of the few fights in DBS that has legit impact behind the hits. The Toppo pounded Freeza was great

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Amazing episode. Great animation, great fight, and great character interactions.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Enjoyed this episode more than last week's. Seeing Freeza get his just desserts is always fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what 17's plan is.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:46 pm

So would someone please be so kind to do me and all of us a huge favor by uploading a shit ton of screenshots of Toppo’s GoD State and post it on imgur?

That would be awesome!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:46 pm

At this point seeing the main characters able to beat Jiren or Toppo just makes no sense. U7 should lose. Lesson learned.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Really wish they'd have used this sky instead of the green one and have it turn red with Toppo's transformation. I mean, his original aura was red, so it would've made sooome sense. The green sky was terrible. So glad it's gone. This is the best the arena looked, purple sky and in shambles, especially since the pillar is down and the stands are shorter, so we needed a change in scenery to make it look more interesting.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:48 pm

Toppo was looking like Gouken from SF4 in some parts
Also, Toppo instantly gets buff when he goes GoD, Champa is still a fatass

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Oh my god, this episode. Talk about a return to form. That was amazing!

I love Beerus complementing Gohan, Goku and Vegeta's Full Nelson gambit against Jiren was a nice way to shake what had been a pretty dull fight, and Freeza and 17 worked surprisingly well as a tag team.

But Toppo though.

BUT. TOPPO. THOUGH.

I've been sleeping on this man, I think a few have. Here was me worried that his fight against Goku in the exhibition match was the best we'd get from him, and that he'd spend the rest of the tournament just being Jiren's hype man. But this was crazy and epic and badass and all sorts of childish adjectives because my mind is in full hype teenage boy mode after watching that. The GoD transformation was intimidating, they sold his power excellently, and his subsequent well-animated beatdown of Freeza actually made me feel sorry for the yellow bastard. I also love that we finally got a payoff to his comment about abandoning justice back in 104. That was a compelling idea that I was worried had been forgotten.

Also, I love the changes to the tournament. The purple sky is a refreshing change from the sickly green and the fragmented arena will make for some cool endgame fights. I almost wish it had happened earlier when there were more fighters left to take advantage of it. Last week's ep could have been so much better if Dyspo had been ping-ponging between the rocks. The fact that it wasn't the Grand Priest that did it, but Toppo too. They sold his OP-ness here better than Jiren in the entire tournament outside 109. That dude will have to really put in the legwork for the finale if he wants to retain his reputation as strongest man in the ring.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Toppo won the savage of Dragon Ball award.
Seriously, he was so fucking cool this ep, I have nothing to say.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:54 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:So would someone please be so kind to do me and all of us a huge favor by uploading a shit ton of screenshots of Toppo’s GoD State and post it on imgur?

That would be awesome!
I think Baggie_Saiyan could do that if ya asked him. Only if he finds GoD Toppo interesting enough I assume :lol:

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:55 pm

Man Frieza has taken a beaten. The right is being destroyed. All that bloodshed w/ the blood but still the animation is impressive.
Toppo was a savage crushing Freeza's skull and haki energy balls everywhere. Justice is finally out the window. Jiren being so strong but silent and toppo finally showing off his full power kinda over shadows him just cause we know more about him and his personality.
17 from cell to now his development has made him one of the best. How he kept his composure while fighting a god of destruction candidate. Only if Super17 was a thing cause it's needed.

The next EP is going to be the bomb Vegeta vs toppo

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:55 pm

precita wrote:At this point seeing the main characters able to beat Jiren or Toppo just makes no sense. U7 should lose. Lesson learned.
Sure, just have U7 being erased then and ignore EoZ, I wouldn't mind that :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:58 pm

It would be a deus ex machina for U7 to win. They can't land a decent blow on Jiren and now Toppo is a God too?

Barring Vegito making an appearance, there's no way for them to have a believeable victory. Let them lose.