Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by CriticalThinker » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:02 pm

Man this is easily my favourite episode out of the entire tournament thus far. The animation and art was a lot better than I was expecting it to be so that makes it even better. I've been waiting for Toppo to get his time to shine man and this episode delivered on every aspect, can't wait for next weeks episode as well.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:06 pm

So if U11 wins and Toppo eliminates 17, frieza and Vegeta who gets mvp? Toppo or Jiren? If Toppo, would he let Jiren take his wish?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:07 pm

U7 will lose, Goku brought this all upon himself by wanting the tournament. Toppo will deliver sweet justice.

Goku will pay for his crimes.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:14 pm

precita wrote:U7 will lose, Goku brought this all upon himself by wanting the tournament. Toppo will deliver sweet justice.

Without the tournament, NO universe would even have a chance to survive. U7 and U11 would have been wiped out with the other 6, period.

But man, Toppo is no joke. And even Jiren looked concerned (though that may be more for his friend shedding justice than anything else). I actually felt some sympathy for Freeza in this episode. Something I never thought I would say.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:17 pm

Damn, such a great episode. Can't wait to see the next one.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:18 pm

A fun episode after two episodes of underwhelming animation this one shocked me
    #17 continues to be awesome while Frieza continue to be that lovable jerk.Toppo suprised me here,he was cool and his transformation is so awesome.
      This feel like a battle for survival which is always a good thing.The only thing that irk was the throwback, I've enjoyed this episode a lot and I'm looking forward for next week.
      Mostly active on discord.

Professor Freeza
      Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:20 pm

EXTREMELY good episode.

Best since the special probably.

Here are some points:

17 confirmed near SSG level. No way around that fact. Dende's talk about him is true.

Full Power Toppo isn't much stronger than Golden Freeza probably.

DESPERATE ASSAULT !!!!! YES!!!

They almost probably copied the namek post Spirit bomb storyboard for freeza.

Love the new sky color

Confirmed freeza can't sense god ki. Him sensing SSB Goku was BS

NEP preview didn't show anything but Haksishin Toppo> Current Vegeta

Noah
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:20 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: I actually felt some sympathy for Freeza in this episode. Something I never thought I would say.
      I felt sorry for him, didn't think he deserved that beating, but whatever
      乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheShadowEmperor8055
      Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:20 pm

precita wrote:U7 will lose, Goku brought this all upon himself by wanting the tournament. Toppo will deliver sweet justice.

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with Gohan not being there.

OLKv3
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:22 pm

Noah wrote:
      Jackalope89 wrote: I actually felt some sympathy for Freeza in this episode. Something I never thought I would say.
      Lol he definitely deserved it. Talking much shit, and being all cocky. Thinking he could tank hakai energy just because he handled the tiny amount that Sidra had sent to him. Freeza needed that humbling

Jackalope89
      Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:26 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
      Noah wrote:
      Lol he definitely deserved it. Talking much shit, and being all cocky. Thinking he could tank hakai energy just because he handled the tiny amount that Sidra had sent to him. Freeza needed that humbling
      Squishing his head though? Man.

But to be fair, Freeza's power did scare Sidra and his ass of a Supreme Kai.

nato25
      Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:37 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
      OLKv3 wrote:
      Noah wrote:
      Squishing his head though? Man.

But to be fair, Freeza's power did scare Sidra and his ass of a Supreme Kai.
      The awesome thing about Frieza was I just so confident in him whenever he was on screen due to his speeches, so it was a cool surprise to be tricked even though it was a little predictable.

I'm not super hyped on this episode but it was a huge improvement on last week and i really loved 17 saving frieza with the rock and then lying to toppo about it. That might help them win the numbers game if it comes down to it.

I'm a bit dissapointed theres only 6 episodes left and 5 minutes of the tournament. I would have liked a few chill aftermath episodes now thats gonna be rushed for sure :(

Also I dont want to offend anyone here but vegetas eyes look so bad in this form. He reminds me of a person with down syndrome that have the enlarged eyes. Of course nothing agaisnt those people but why give that look to badass Vegeta.

BWri
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 pm

Hehehe! I want this so much! I just want U11 to get an overwhelming victory. For Toppo and Jiren to just wipe everyone off the stage and then become the heroes of the arc by reviving everyone.

As far as the ep itself goes. I loved it, just about every moment. Then again, I've always enjoyed Toppo. This gives me hope for the end of this arc, because those last 3 episodes weren't satisfying in the least. But it's good to see the antagonists get some good spotlight and character development. I like Toppo's philosophy too and feel more of the ToP competitors should have felt the same. There's no justice or evil here, only survival :clap: .

Even Jiren stopped fighting to witness his buddy's new power. I love it!

Edit: Forgot to mention one of my low-key favorite moments, #17 saving Frieza with that rock. These two kinda compliment each other.
      Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

TheShadowEmperor8055
      Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:46 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:EXTREMELY good episode.
      Might rewatch it, hell.
      Professor Freeza wrote: Confirmed freeza can't sense god ki. Him sensing SSB Goku was BS
      When did this happen?

sintzu
      Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:NEP preview didn't show anything but Haksishin Toppo> Current Vegeta
      This'll hopefully put things in Vegeta's favor.

July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheShadowEmperor8055
      Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 pm

sintzu wrote:
      Professor Freeza wrote:NEP preview didn't show anything but Haksishin Toppo> Current Vegeta
      This'll hopefully put things in Vegeta's favor.

Sure, if Toei even wants to bother drawing and animating that. :lol:

BlueBasilisk
      I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:52 pm

Vegeta's certainly got his work cut out for him next week. I'm not really sure what he can do to counter something like this.

prince212
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:58 pm

17 probably is gonna be eliminated but he totally gain my respect especially in this chapter
      Freeza showed his arrogance in the worse moment , totally fool starting to talk trash when Toppo the great made up his mind , now is not floppy justice he’s insanely awesome , cool .
      I wonder how Freeza is still there and Toppo let him be there sleeping
      Please all remaining chapters this quality . Still 5 min 5 chapters?
      It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Artorias
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:02 am

precita wrote:It would be a deus ex machina for U7 to win. They can't land a decent blow on Jiren and now Toppo is a God too?

Barring Vegito making an appearance, there's no way for them to have a believeable victory. Let them lose.
      I see you've never heard of Ultra Instinct or the concept strategy, OR the concept of outnumbering them in the end.

What "crimes"? Did you completely miss the part where this would've all happened anyways, and that he's actually SAVING a universe by allowing them to live? Or are you just conveniently ignoring that to push your baseless theory that U7 will lose.
      Last edited by Artorias on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

batistabus
      Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:04 am

I've really liked Toppo and I was excited to see him kick ass...but I really hated a lot of this.

-Toppo becomes a God of Destruction (they are explicitly calling him this) suddenly. Is being a GoD a state of mind? How can Universe 11 have two GoDs? I get that the one retiring can't die (or else the Kaioshin dies), but shouldn't there be some sort of transfer of power? It'd be possible for Toppo to have access to god ki without being a GoD (like in the manga), but that doesn't seem to be how they're doing it in this continuity.
      -He becomes buff...why? Yes, he looked badass, but this doesn't happen to any other GoDs. Again, the mark on his chest looks "cool" in the same way Xicor looks "cool"...but why? This really seems much more like a Toei decision than a Toriyama decision.
      -The Hakai/Destruction power has always been used for erasing people. That doesn't seem to be a factor here. I get that they're trying to emphasize his godhood, but there must be a better way to convey that.
      -The Freeza aspect was completely copied from his Genki Dama struggle on Namek. I'm fine with homages, but this is so blatant. At least when Toyotaro references past scenes, they involve different characters and scenarios.
      -I could not be less interested in Jiren.

Things I liked:

-No.17's strategy and teamwork with Freeza.
      -Gohan's recognition and Goku's smile.
      -While nothing interesting came of it, it's cool to see Goku and Vegeta working side-by-side, if not quite together.
      -The episode looked good.