Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:38 pm

julianix wrote:So anyone want to make a bet Frieza comes back stronger than ever and helps goku fight Jiren?

:wave: :wave:
Why not. New trasformation/power up incoming? :D

Great episode.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:42 pm

sintzu wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:Worst part about this episode was preview spoiling of 17's elimination.
Until we see him sitting on the sidelines with everyone then he's still in. For all we know someone catches him or he falls on the edge like Freeza.
This is obviously ever possible, but Frieza is almost dead, Vegeta and Goku will be busy with Jiren, and Goku could't even catch him via teleport cause 17 has no ki
For me is pretty much doomed

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:Worst part about this episode was preview spoiling of 17's elimination.
Are you forgetting the Title of Ep 127?
Nope, this is why I'm even more sure he will go out next week, after that last barrier of hope having no effect at all he'll be eliminated
Also, in the preview we see him dropping low on the void

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:47 pm

The gr wrote:
thegamer23 wrote:MAN!

The whole Toppo-17-Frieza action is MUCH more interesting than Vegeta-Goku-Jiren's fight.
Probably because Toppo is a much better character than Jiren.One of the better new characters.
Professor Freeza wrote:
Are you forgetting the Title of Ep 127?
I wouldn't trust the titles or preview, just wait for the episode, something these things can be misleading.
    Shocked that one here mentioned the scene with Gohan and Beerus.
    I used to not trust titles, but the last two just spoiled eliminations, so...

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Doctor. wrote:All that tells me is that this is likely a Toei-only form...
    Please, like Toei is the only responsible for things you find stupid on the series, right? Toriyama/Toyotaro are not flawless, hence why the anime is a better product.
    乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
    Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:01 pm

Noah wrote:
    Please, like Toei is the only responsible for things you find stupid on the series, right? Toriyama/Toyotaro are not flawless, hence why the anime is a better product.
    No, Toriyama and Toyotaro are just as bad and I've made that very clear, so I'm not sure why you're saying I think Toriyama is flawless. I just have a good grasp on what seems to be a Toei thing and what seems to be a Toriyama thing. Toppo's form, as stupid as it is, seems to be good for spectacle, plus it borrows from the Hakai ball that Sidra gave one of his assassins, something that wasn't in the manga. So it seems likely that it's a Toei form.

OverHeaven
    Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:21 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:
    sintzu wrote:
    Until we see him sitting on the sidelines with everyone then he's still in. For all we know someone catches him or he falls on the edge like Freeza.
    but Frieza is almost dead
    Vegeta was also almost dead but it took him less than one minute-in universe time to recover.

puar
    Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm probably the only one who noticed that. the desprate assualt track was used for the first time outside the future trunks arc

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Doctor. wrote:Toppo's form, as stupid as it is, seems to be good for spectacle, plus it borrows from the Hakai ball that Sidra gave one of his assassins, something that wasn't in the manga. So it seems likely that it's a Toei form.
    I don't see much a reason why Toei would just include such a big plot point in the series finale.
    puar wrote:I'm probably the only one who noticed that. the desprate assualt track was used for the first time outside the future trunks arc
    Nope :)
    乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Doctor.
    Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Noah wrote:I don't see much a reason why Toei would just include such a big plot point in the series finale.
    Sword of Hope? :?

LightBing
    I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Pretty good episode. Excellent action, fluid animation and impact.
    This Toppo looked cool and threatening. #17 continues to be a delight to watch. Toei and Gohan should really get a room and get it over with, we get it.
    Curious regarding Freeza, first time he lost his composure during the tournament.

Dislikes: the references to the Namek arc I'm tired of references just stop.
    Making stuff up regarding "hakai"; Beerus didn't show any of this wackness, really seemed just another excuse for Toei to pull the cool card. Which I admit it worked but like always destroys any consistency ideas/transformations/plot points might have. The pretty and dumb rule.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Doctor. wrote:
    Noah wrote:
    No, Toriyama and Toyotaro are just as bad and I've made that very clear, so I'm not sure why you're saying I think Toriyama is flawless. I just have a good grasp on what seems to be a Toei thing and what seems to be a Toriyama thing. Toppo's form, as stupid as it is, seems to be good for spectacle, plus it borrows from the Hakai ball that Sidra gave one of his assassins, something that wasn't in the manga. So it seems likely that it's a Toei form.
    I think the manga already showed God Toppo earlier on[spoiler]Image[/spoiler] I'm betting Toyotaro is gonna have Toppo RIP his shirt out like Fused Zamas just with no physical difference like the anime.This is indeed a AT idea IMO is just that the staff prefer flashy stuff that please almost everyone even if is stupid.
      Unpopular opinion, I've find the mystery of Toppo forced hence I didn't had the same impact as Jiren reveal in the special.
      Mostly active on discord.

MrBlackFox
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Doctor. wrote:
      fadeddreams5 wrote:Maybe all the GoDs have undergone transformations. It's just they're perpetually in their current states because they're full-time GoDs. Toppo is still borderline mortal. Makes him unique. =P
      Seems kinda stupid that Toppo gets a big, buff transformation with tattoos and a Hakai aura and all the other GoDs just chill in forms that aren't very imposing at all. All that tells me is that this is likely a Toei-only form, though I wouldn't put it past Toriyama considering UI changes Goku's appearance for some reason even though Beerus and Whis use it just fine.
      They didn't explain what happened to Toppo in detail, could be a temporary trasformation caused by him being unable to control hakaishin powers, then will stabilize ;
      Also, we never saw a GoD in a serious fight, even in the arena match test they serie pretty much sparring lightly in order to not destroy The universes clashing their Destruction powers, fighting between GODs is forbidden for a precise reason
      We don't even know if any of the GoD has a trasformation or had one

Doctor.
      Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:35 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:
      Doctor. wrote:
      fadeddreams5 wrote:Maybe all the GoDs have undergone transformations. It's just they're perpetually in their current states because they're full-time GoDs. Toppo is still borderline mortal. Makes him unique. =P
      Seems kinda stupid that Toppo gets a big, buff transformation with tattoos and a Hakai aura and all the other GoDs just chill in forms that aren't very imposing at all. All that tells me is that this is likely a Toei-only form, though I wouldn't put it past Toriyama considering UI changes Goku's appearance for some reason even though Beerus and Whis use it just fine.
      They didn't explain what happened to Toppo in detail, could be a temporary trasformation caused by him being unable to control hakaishin powers, then will stabilize ;
      Also, we never saw a GoD in a serious fight, even in the arena match test they serie pretty much sparring lightly in order to not destroy The universes clashing their Destruction powers, fighting between GODs is forbidden for a precise reason
      We don't even know if any of the GoD has a trasformation or had one
      I'd find it stupid even if they ALL had transformations. It'd be consistent, but consistently stupid. God of Destruction is a title. Dende didn't get a transformation because he became Kami and Zamasu didn't get a transformation because he became a Kaioshin.

Acetona
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Acetona » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:41 pm

RedHeat wrote:
      Acetona wrote:Eh
      To be honest, I'm glad Super's ending. I'm at my limit, I can't stand these stupid references anymore. Freeza came back with his eyes closed after taking the Genki Da-- oops, Hakai and... 2 seconds later, his left eye is totaly unscathed. Can't they stop this stupidity already?
      But it looks cool.
      Sorry, but... I can't see any coolness in using the same scene a couple of arcs later, disregarding context. At first, I found a little bit odd that Freeza was calm and calculating everything since his 'revival', but it's ok, makes sense i.e. he didn't want to repeat the same errors again and again. Then, totally out of the blue, he reverts to his past self only to suffer the EXACT SAME beating, since not only the storyboard was the same, but his quotes too! When those stupid throwbacks happen, I become so disgusted that I can't enjoy the episode anymore. It was the same with that Final Flash some episodes ago. I just can't.
      キミもテイマーをめざせ!

fadeddreams5
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Doctor. wrote: I'd find it stupid even if they ALL had transformations. It'd be consistent, but consistently stupid. God of Destruction is a title. Dende didn't get a transformation because he became Kami and Zamasu didn't get a transformation because he became a Kaioshin.
      Zamasu used to be a short, chubby roach-looking guy with shades before transforming into the mohawk-wielding hunk we know now.
      "Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Melab

Post by Melab » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
      TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
      BlueBasilisk wrote:
      sintzu wrote:

LOOK at this. Imagine this coming at you.
      Look! It's buffed Yosemite Sam!

Miracles
      I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Noah wrote:Please, like Toei is the only responsible for things you find stupid on the series, right? Toriyama/Toyotaro are not flawless, hence why the anime is a better product.
      Wrong, both products are entertaining and whatever is finalized, TOEI and Toyotaro are both on record stating it is all Toriyama's approval or disapproval. Whatever you don't like it's Toriyama.

Noah
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Miracles wrote:Wrong, both products are entertaining and whatever is finalized, TOEI and Toyotaro are both on record stating it is all Toriyama's approval or disapproval. Whatever you don't like it's Toriyama.
      Nope. This is just assumption, what we know is that both Toyotaro and Toei elaborate plots based on Toriyama outlines, the differences between manga and anime is due both of them having different interpretations on the same.
      乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Acetona
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Acetona » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Melab wrote:
      Professor Freeza wrote:
      TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
      BlueBasilisk wrote:
      sintzu wrote:

LOOK at this. Imagine this coming at you.
      Look! It's buffed Yosemite Sam!
      More like buffed Wally Walrus
      キミもテイマーをめざせ!