Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Acetona
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:08 pm
Location: デジタルワールド
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Acetona » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 pm

Artorias wrote:You are being beyond overly critical. That is the most MINOR possible nitpick in existence that literally lasts SECONDS, and you're glad the show is ending because of it? Really?
Not because of it. It's just the culmination of all the stupid callbacks, since Piccolo's death on RoF arc, iirc. And nope, it isn't just 2 seconds! That whole scene of him trying to tank the Hakai IS a callback. And it's not the duration of the scene that matters, it's it solely existing. I'm beyond sad, because we all know Dragon Ball doesn't need fanservice to be successful. Fanservice should exist apart from the main show (like I have no problems with Precure crossover movies, for example). I don't mind the reanimated Freeza arc scenes from RoF extended version either. It's just an extra. But when the show constatly needs to spit fanservice in our faces, it becomes really annoying. I just want the new movie and new series when/if it returns to be totally original, kind of like BoG was.
Asura wrote:You know this episode must be good when people are finding shit like this to complain about. :lol:
Well, excuse me if my opinions are "shit". I could say the same for a bunch of people which I disagree, like those people who exaggerate everyweek saying "this is the greatest episode of the franchise lmao". I did find the episode to be boring as hell, though. Last episode, despite having almost no new animation, was much more entertaining. Perhaps because I don't give a shit to Toppo or Jiren, but episodes foccused on them can't fail to bore me.
キミもテイマーをめざせ!

User avatar
Asura
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1919
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Asura » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Acetona wrote:Well, excuse me if my opinions are "shit". I could say the same for a bunch of people which I disagree, like those people who exaggerate everyweek saying "this is the greatest episode of the franchise lmao". I did find the episode to be boring as hell, though. Last episode, despite having almost no new animation, was much more entertaining. Perhaps because I don't give a shit to Toppo or Jiren, but episodes foccused on them can't fail to bore me.
I'm not calling your opinions shit, I'm saying that to make a big deal (or any kind of deal at all) about something as minor as Freeza's eye being open in one scene and closed in the other is pretty dumb.

User avatar
Acetona
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:08 pm
Location: デジタルワールド
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Acetona » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:48 pm

Asura wrote:
Acetona wrote:Well, excuse me if my opinions are "shit". I could say the same for a bunch of people which I disagree, like those people who exaggerate everyweek saying "this is the greatest episode of the franchise lmao". I did find the episode to be boring as hell, though. Last episode, despite having almost no new animation, was much more entertaining. Perhaps because I don't give a shit to Toppo or Jiren, but episodes foccused on them can't fail to bore me.
I'm not calling your opinions shit, I'm saying that to make a big deal (or any kind of deal at all) about something as minor as Freeza's eye being open in one scene and closed in the other is pretty dumb.
Oh, sorry then.
Sure, but that wansn't what I said. The whole scene where he tries to stop the Hakai is exactly like when he tried to stop the Genki Dama at Namek. To his facial expressions, to his quotes and to the storyboard. And, like I said to Artorias, this is just a culmination of all the annoyance that those callbacks since RoF arc have given me. It isn't about this particular episode. Dragon Ball doesn't need this fanservice galore to be successful, and that's what saddens me. Sorry again if that wasn't made clear enough.
キミもテイマーをめざせ!

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7454
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 am

Miracles wrote:
Noah wrote:No, I've claimed that not everything 'Toei only' is automatically bad as not everything from Toriyama is flawless as people tends to say here, that not only including Super, but DB/Z anime and manga differences. Next time, better not skip text interpretation classes, my fellow.
You outright stated the anime was better than the manga and then stated Toriyama doesn't supervise stuff. Now you are backpedaling...Go ahead... :lol:


Not even close, I meant the anime was better than the manga for having good plot points absent on the latter. Toei is not always bad and Toriyama is not always good.

As JazzMazz addressed: "nothing suggests he has a particularly extensive involvement in the approval of plot points in the anime"

But, even if you say Toriyama supervised and approved: an episode dedicated to Goku's connection with Pan, Goku Black characterization, Merged Zamasu techniques, Goku rematch with Hit, more emphasis on the recruitment of every U7 team member and etc.

Still doesn't make him the author for any of these either, but the creative staff who worked on these episodes. That's why I think the anime is a better.

If you're heated cause I don't share the same opinion as yours, then you should really work on that.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Miracles » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:30 am

JazzMazz wrote:Eh, what he means by that still seems pretty vague to me, and even then, it pretty much demonstrates what I've been saying about the anime staff having a bit of creative freedom.
There is nothing Vague about a direct statement of Toriyama stating he hasn't checked the script YET.
Noah wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Noah wrote:No, I've claimed that not everything 'Toei only' is automatically bad as not everything from Toriyama is flawless as people tends to say here, that not only including Super, but DB/Z anime and manga differences. Next time, better not skip text interpretation classes, my fellow.
You outright stated the anime was better than the manga and then stated Toriyama doesn't supervise stuff. Now you are backpedaling...Go ahead... :lol:


Not even close, I meant the anime was better than the manga for having good plot points absent on the latter. Toei is not always bad and Toriyama is not always good.

As JazzMazz addressed: "nothing suggests he has a particularly extensive involvement in the approval of plot points in the anime"

But, even if you say Toriyama supervised and approved: an episode dedicated to Goku's connection with Pan, Goku Black characterization, Merged Zamasu techniques, Goku rematch with Hit, more emphasis on the recruitment of every U7 team member and etc.

Still doesn't make him the author for any of these either, but the creative staff who worked on these episodes. That's why I think the anime is a better.

If you're heated cause I don't share the same opinion as yours, then you should really work on that.
I'm not angry cause all the work of heavy headcannon labor is coming from you. My point was proven with a fact that Toriyama checks/approves TOEI and Toyotaro.
Then why didn't you just state that you like the anime plot points that aren't in the manga? Take this to the anime vs manga section if you want to continue but I do not.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:18 am

Asura wrote:Can we talk about how cool the arena and the sky looks now? Thank god that puke green is finally gone. The purplish nebula looks so much nicer, and all the debris of the ring floating around without any gravity adds to that surreal feeling, like they're fighting in the middle of space or something.

Image
I do like the purple more than the green myself :thumbup:

Sign of what's to come for Vegeta vs Toppo part 2?

King13s
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:41 am

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by King13s » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:24 am

I spent that entire episode waiting to see the Zen-Oh's reactions.

"As soon as they pan over to these guys, Toppo is getting eliminated....Oh Damn...They thought it was cool. Our only hope is him killing Frieza by accident...Nope!"

Damn they are getting good with the story when they try. Toriyama had to be way more involved with Toppo than I thought. Especially since in the manga Toppo and Goku are the only exhibition match, AND they state a couple times he's a a GoD in training. Key plot links between the anime and manga are really what shows which characters matter to Toriyama to this day.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 am

I do wonder if 17 and Freeza are gone next episode... :think:

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5467
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by precita » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:41 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I do wonder if 17 and Freeza are gone next episode... :think:
Freeza likely isn't, he would have been ringed out in this episode if the writers were done with him. They kept him around for a reason.


17 could go either way I suppose, the previews/summaries don't make it clear what happens to him.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 774
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:48 am

Acetona wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
Acetona wrote:Eh
To be honest, I'm glad Super's ending. I'm at my limit, I can't stand these stupid references anymore. Freeza came back with his eyes closed after taking the Genki Da-- oops, Hakai and... 2 seconds later, his left eye is totaly unscathed. Can't they stop this stupidity already?
But it looks cool.
Sorry, but... I can't see any coolness in using the same scene a couple of arcs later, disregarding context. At first, I found a little bit odd that Freeza was calm and calculating everything since his 'revival', but it's ok, makes sense i.e. he didn't want to repeat the same errors again and again. Then, totally out of the blue, he reverts to his past self only to suffer the EXACT SAME beating, since not only the storyboard was the same, but his quotes too! When those stupid throwbacks happen, I become so disgusted that I can't enjoy the episode anymore. It was the same with that Final Flash some episodes ago. I just can't.
People never change! They think they have change (Freeza calculated thinking) but in the end if they are pushed in a corner and knowing they will be defeated, they will show their true behavior. The writing for Freeza in that episodes is by that good. If Freeza didn't show that behavior in episode 125 that will be considered bad writing. Its like Freeza changing from evil to good or Goku don't like fighting strong opponent any more. Freeza losing control because he got his ass woped its the right behavior (Namek, Rof). It's in their genes you can't change that!

User avatar
ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 am

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by ernesth100 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:00 am

1. This episode was beautifully animated and directed. Every single moment was felt. I appluad Super for this as it's rare they have moments like this.

2. Frieza is retarded. He's never learned not to be cocky. Hell, he took a small fraction of Hakai and thinks now he can take a direct blast from an actual GoD? How dense is he? I'm glad Toppo embarrased him he needed that beating.

3. Goku and Vegeta are all out rn and Jiren is unphased. Jiren is barely shocked by GoD Toppo. Does that mean he's even stronger still? UI needa comeback soon, or maybe even fusion the way things are looking. Almost positive Frieza gonna disappear. Vegeta's gonna knock himself unconscious eliminating Toppo and thus be eliminated as well being unable to battle. Topp's gonna eliminate 17. Down to UI Goku vs Jiren, and only Zeno knows how thats gonna turn out. Either that or, once again, fusion.

Melab
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:14 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Melab » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 pm

King13s wrote:Toriyama had to be way more involved with Toppo than I thought. Especially since in the manga Toppo and Goku are the only exhibition match, AND they state a couple times he's a a GoD in training. Key plot links between the anime and manga are really what shows which characters matter to Toriyama to this day.
What are you saying here?

User avatar
Lapislettuce
Banned
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:15 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:Worst part about this episode was preview spoiling of 17's elimination.
Are you forgetting the Title of Ep 127?
Nope, this is why I'm even more sure he will go out next week, after that last barrier of hope having no effect at all he'll be eliminated
Also, in the preview we see him dropping low on the void
You realize how illogical you sound ? you're saying preview for ep 126 shows him going out when the title of 127 still refers to him still being in. also "the last barrier of hope" doesn't sound like he's going to fail at anything. it sound super positive.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:37 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by MrBlackFox » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:25 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Are you forgetting the Title of Ep 127?
Nope, this is why I'm even more sure he will go out next week, after that last barrier of hope having no effect at all he'll be eliminated
Also, in the preview we see him dropping low on the void
You realize how illogical you sound ? you're saying preview for ep 126 shows him going out when the title of 127 still refers to him still being in. also "the last barrier of hope" doesn't sound like he's going to fail at anything. it sound super positive.
I was talking about 127, bro, not 126, I knew last barrier of hope was referred to 17
But anything points to him going out next, Toppo trashing him, holding his head like with Frieza, unleashing an hakai right on his face, then 17 flying toward the void, then Vegeta on that cliff when we see Toppo standing alone

My idea is 17 will unleash everything he has with that barrier suicidal attack, but won't be enough and he'll remain energyless and ready to be ringed out

Don't think I want to flame on 17 please, I'm only judgind what does it seems from evidences, If only i could take him, Frieza or gohan as a winner I'd swap them for Goku and Vegeta at any moment

There's no reason to be angry if 17 really get eliminated, his performance so far has been outstanding

User avatar
Lapislettuce
Banned
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:28 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:
Nope, this is why I'm even more sure he will go out next week, after that last barrier of hope having no effect at all he'll be eliminated
Also, in the preview we see him dropping low on the void
You realize how illogical you sound ? you're saying preview for ep 126 shows him going out when the title of 127 still refers to him still being in. also "the last barrier of hope" doesn't sound like he's going to fail at anything. it sound super positive.
I was talking about 127, bro, not 126, I knew last barrier of hope was referred to 17
But anything points to him going out next, Toppo trashing him, holding his head like with Frieza, unleashing an hakai right on his face, then 17 flying toward the void, then Vegeta on that cliff when we see Toppo standing alone

My idea is 17 will unleash everything he has with that barrier suicidal attack, but won't be enough and he'll remain energyless and ready to be ringed out

Don't think I want to flame on 17 please, I'm only judgind what does it seems from evidences, If only i could take him, Frieza or gohan as a winner I'd swap them for Goku and Vegeta at any moment

There's no reason to be angry if 17 really get eliminated, his performance so far has been outstanding
Except you're literally making stuff up. there's no scene of Toppo trashing 17 or holding his head like he did to Frieza. just a small scene from preview of Toppo blasting him away and history shown that just because preview shows you something doesn't mean it's the case. moreover the fact that 17's performence was outstanding they won't trash him at the end. more than likely he will go out with a bang.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:37 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by MrBlackFox » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:33 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: You realize how illogical you sound ? you're saying preview for ep 126 shows him going out when the title of 127 still refers to him still being in. also "the last barrier of hope" doesn't sound like he's going to fail at anything. it sound super positive.
I was talking about 127, bro, not 126, I knew last barrier of hope was referred to 17
But anything points to him going out next, Toppo trashing him, holding his head like with Frieza, unleashing an hakai right on his face, then 17 flying toward the void, then Vegeta on that cliff when we see Toppo standing alone

My idea is 17 will unleash everything he has with that barrier suicidal attack, but won't be enough and he'll remain energyless and ready to be ringed out

Don't think I want to flame on 17 please, I'm only judgind what does it seems from evidences, If only i could take him, Frieza or gohan as a winner I'd swap them for Goku and Vegeta at any moment

There's no reason to be angry if 17 really get eliminated, his performance so far has been outstanding
Except you're literally making stuff up. there's no scene of Toppo trashing 17 or holding his head like he did to Frieza. just a small scene from preview of Toppo blasting him away and history shown that just because preview shows you something doesn't mean it's the case. moreover the fact that 17's performence was outstanding they won't trash him at the end. more than likely he will go out with a bang.
My bad, no head holding you're right, but in the preview you can see 17 on his knees in front of Toppo, then he got blasted away
And I think that his last bang will be 127 indeed, he'll do something significant before going out, for sure

User avatar
gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by gofishus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:23 pm

precita wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I do wonder if 17 and Freeza are gone next episode... :think:
Freeza likely isn't, he would have been ringed out in this episode if the writers were done with him. They kept him around for a reason.


17 could go either way I suppose, the previews/summaries don't make it clear what happens to him.
17 is pretty much gone, the preview shows him blasting off and never appearing again, with Vegeta taking his place. He's done remarkably well in this tournament and exceeded all expectations tho so if he gets ringed out next episode its already been a great run for him.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:27 pm

During this episode all I can think was this

'freeza has learned nothing from his time on Namek about going out of his way to antagonize a fighter who can give him a hard time.'

supercat
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by supercat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Here we go with all the Android 17 bashing again. :roll:

I forget, who was it again that people thought would go before Gohan? :clap:

Gohan seriously looks a whole lot better sitting on the bleachers than he did in combat. Android 17's showdown against Toppo was epic from all standpoints.

User avatar
Noah
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 7454
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Super Episode 125 (28 January 2018)

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:00 pm

supercat wrote:Here we go with all the Android 17 bashing again. I forget, who was it again that people thought would go before Gohan?
Gohan seriously looks a whole lot better sitting on the bleachers than he did in combat. Android 17's showdown against Toppo was epic from all standpoints.
And to defend one character you have to bash another? How insightful :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Post Reply