Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by TheOtherDude » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 pm

Good episode for Vegeta fans! I was hoping Vegeta would talk some sense back into Toppo. It would’ve been more meaningful if Vegeta changed Toppo back to how he use to be seeing as how he’s been to that place he’s in. I personally think they blew that opportunity for an intense moment :thumbdown:

I also feel that Toppo used the word “friend” too loosely when he described his relationship with Jiren haha

Hoping this sets the stage for UI Vegeta and Goku. Or Gogeta.

Calling it. They might forget that frieza is even on the stage haha

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm

precita wrote:Did people watch without subs or something? Piccolo flat out said Vegeta survived because he's now Super Saiyan Blue and a million times stronger than he was in the early Buu arc.
Right. His body is stronger than it use to be.

Which is weird, because Goku got grazed by a bullet prior to the arc.. :shock:

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm

There’s no way they would’ve killed off Vegeta. They weren’t going to do the same thing again. They wanted to show just how much stronger he’s become since the last time he used the attack.

What bugs me is that they established that it took all of Vegeta’s energy to do that attack, yet we see him in Blue again in the NEP. What?

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm

So what happened to Toppo needing time to charge hakai ?

What happened to 17 trying to attack Toppo's aura from all angles + a continuous stream to see nothing can reach it yet decides to go with rocks ?

What happened to Frieza being totally fine and still mocking Toppo ?

It's obvious they wrote all those episodes at the same time and none of the writers got in touch so we have literally no consistency going on.

"Vegeta used up all his power", well check again he's back up no problem next week ....

Jesus christ it's all so poor.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm

Jiren reminds me of Tien back in the 22nd Martial Arts Tournament, he is the embodiment of the "arrogant kung-fu guy". Can't wait for the last of the pride troopers to learn some lessons in humbleness.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm

I'm really surprised at the negativity in this thread!!!

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Ok, so I'm already aware of Toeis cool over logic approach but what exactly should we take away from Vegetas immunity to destruction? Should we assume its cause blue is a form of god mode? Or is this just one of those things that can apparently be overpowered like um.. time.

Hmm I never wouldve thought Destruction would've been fodderized. I feared it as the ultimate power. I guess no more bowing down to Beerus?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Slaythe wrote:So what happened to Toppo needing time to charge hakai ?

What happened to 17 trying to attack Toppo's aura from all angles + a continuous stream to see nothing can reach it yet decides to go with rocks ?

It's obvious they wrote all those episodes at the same time and none of the writers got in touch so we have literally no consistency going on.

"Vegeta used up all his power", well check again he's back up no problem next week ....

Are you sure you're not bitter 17 didn't get the win? The ep wasn't perfect, but not to the level of what you're saying.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm

precita wrote:Did people watch without subs or something? Piccolo flat out said Vegeta survived because he's now Super Saiyan Blue and a million times stronger than he was in the early Buu arc.
That justification doesn't make any sense. Since he's stronger, AND since the blast was strong enough to knock out Toppo, the blast should scale up with his power. Aka it should be doing the same damage to him that it did back in the Buu saga, aka it should've killed him. Having him somehow survive is beyond lazy and contrived, and defeats the entire point of the callback.
Last edited by Artorias on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 pm

I honestly loved his shade thrown to Toppo. Gave me a great line from Jiren about pretty much him voicing his disappointment with Toppo abandoning his own convictions for more power and for what? To accomplish nothing of significance.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 pm

precita wrote:

Are you sure you're not bitter 17 didn't get the win? The ep wasn't perfect, but not to the level of what you're saying.
I've spoken to him about it already. It really has nothing to do with his like for 17.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:Ok, so I'm already aware of Toeis cool over logic approach but what exactly should we take away from Vegetas immunity to destruction? Should we assume its cause blue is a form of god mode? Or is this just one of those things that can apparently be overpowered like um.. time.

Hmm I never wouldve thought Destruction would've been fodderized. I feared it as the ultimate power. I guess no more bowing down to Beerus?
Toppo is probably bottom bottom bottom tier GoD while Beerus is definitely top tier (at least in the Manga's Battle Royale). Vegeta might be able to eat Toppo's Hakai like they were chocolates but Beerus' Hakais might obliterate him.

Also, for some reason, Toppo de-powered to his normal fat self (goodbye muscles) after he got ringed out. I guess his transformation was just temporary? Maybe a pre-GoD level?

Also, there was 0 NEED for Vegeta to use the Final Explosion against Toppo: he was ALREADY winning the melee battle and absorbing Toppo's Hakais. Why not just continue that to ring him out?
Last edited by Raphael_Z on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:There’s no way they would’ve killed off Vegeta. They weren’t going to do the same thing again. They wanted to show just how much stronger he’s become since the last time he used the attack.

What bugs me is that they established that it took all of Vegeta’s energy to do that attack, yet we see him in Blue again in the NEP. What?

Didn’t Goku use all his power when he turned UI and he was back fighting within one episode too.

After Toppo destroyed Freeza he is back up and fighting

I admit it’s far from logical and not the best writing but Vegeta is not the only one this type of thing happened to.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Artorias wrote:
That justification doesn't make any sense. Since he's stronger, AND since the blast was strong enough to knock out Toppo, the blast should scale up with his power. Aka it should be doing the same damage to him that it did back in the Buu saga, aka it should've killed him. Having him somehow survive is beyond lazy and contrived.
That doesn't mean anything, Vegeta could have used most of his energy and left some for himself this time around. In the Buu saga he was going all out because he wanted to make sure Buu was gone and knew he was going to die. His power in Blue form now is also so much higher it can keep him afloat.

Amaterasu

Post by Amaterasu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Okay-ish episode, a bit drawn out and I didn't like that the first minute was basically the last episode rehashed. However I loved that Freeza used his psychic powers again even though it was useless. He's so durable, if he came back that quickly from a big Hakai-Blast no wonder he is there again after "just" a physical beatdown. Also, it seems like he is hiding somewhere on the stage now?
And what exactly did Jiren mean when he told Toppo he was pathetic after being rung out; pathetic because he lost so quickly or pathetic because he cast aside his JUSTICE for power just to win?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm

While I’m glad Vegeta won, it was not nearly as good as last week’s episode. Why was part of last week’s episode replayed again? And while the callback and reference to his family was nice, it wasn’t really a “life-risking” attack, given he survived the attack and, like Goku, can just rebuild his stamina now and transform full power after “breaking his limits”.

While beating a Hakaishin and still having more in the tank is VERY impressive, it doesn’t take away from the fact that Toppo was less dominant and imposing in this episode.

Either way, can’t wait to play these guys in FighterZ.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Jiren's an asshole lol
Called Toppo pathetic.
Goku goes all "hey that's mean" and Jiren kicks him mid sentence
Then he gives Vegeta respect with a cocky grin lmao

The writing doesn't even try to make sense when it comes to Vegeta's boost, just accept it instead of arguing about it. They gave him a resolve boost that's common in modern shounen

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:21 pm

-Toppo reminded me of Frost and Tagoma, once his full potential (power or character) is unleashed on his dedicated episode, he gets dealt with the episode after. At least he did something before going out on his last episode unlike Frost, who spent the whole time standing around doing nothing before he was erased. Even then, I thought he should have given the rage-fueled Vegeta a harder time.

-Turns out that in the next episode preview, where 17 was shown launched out of the arena, he was actually launched upwards and not out of it, meaning he could land back on it. I always wondered if there is a certain "ceiling" to the arena, like with the Other World Tournament.

-They finally fixed Vegeta's personality. On a serious note, it was nice to see him and Toppo exchange bits of philosophy along with blows. His new form remains unexplained once again and was barely referenced at ("super saiyan blue and beyond"), though it looks better on this episode than the previous ones.

-17 could have escaped Toppo by getting away from the place he buried him at, considering how smart he's been in this tournament so far.

-They updated the title card again, now featuring the purple nebula the arena, which was strangely kept intact.

-I never thought I'd see Jiren smile. Now his full personality has been shown. Jackass.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:24 pm

Also... 17 really thought rocks would be enough to scratch Toppo? Seriously? :lol:

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:26 pm

Crazy idea here. How about you wait to see how he recovers next episode before you start throwing a temper tantrum like a child?

It’s not impossible for someone to give him energy since you know, there’s somebody on his team with an infinite amount of it?