Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:17 am

MajinMan wrote:And on a more seperate note, this fanbase is honestly full of some of the most divisions and bullshit I’ve ever seen. Everyone needs to be a fanboy of a certain character. It’s like we’re enlisting for a damn army. We have people in Vegeta’s army, Goku’s army, Gohan’s army, etc. etc.. We all need to go to war with each other when our favorite character gets criticized, calling others a fanboy, bitch, or other expletive. I hate how Vegeta is being used in this tournament, and because I don’t celebrate his “shining moment,” I’m a Goku fanboy? Alright.
I know it's really ridiculous now. It's basically become a scapegoat/way to disregard an opinion entirely. It has become hard to discuss characters without it becoming some sort of battle of favourites. Felt someone was underappreciated? Well you should be glad they got anything and not be greedy. Dislike an episode on a character? Then you're a fanboy of another of course. Criticize something about a character, well clearly that means you're a fanboy of another character, venting frustrations.

It probably doesn't help that the only real strong tension seems to be whether someone you like gets to shine well or not, and not the fate of universes. So much discussion and fear is based on hope certain characters get well utilized. Then once they're gone, or perhaps not a focus at the moment, people relax or don't care as much. I can't remember who shared that tidbit with me, but I do honestly agree with that person that character utilization is the biggest tension this arc has going for it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:21 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Star Wars: Divide between 'fans' who love The Last Jedi and 'fans' who think it's the worst thing that ever happened to the franchise.
That whole "The Last Jedi" debacle was/is quite something. I'm one of those fans in the middle about it. :lol: Quite a schism and demarcation of opinion there.

I don't think I've seen such a divide with the DB fanbase, but I could be wrong.
I don't know anything about Star wars yet that devide is so big that O couldn't escape it. I think the closest DB came to that was when Super's 5th episode aired.
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:The episode as a whole could have been executed better, though. :lol:
A fight as important as this should've been 2 episodes but it looks like they're tight for time as is so I'm not going to hold it against them. I do hope the manga makes things longer though.
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Also... I guess the spoilers implying Vegeta fighting both Jiren and Toppo simultaneously were either wrong or just misinterpreted.
It was for a split second. :lol:
Last edited by sintzu on Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:23 am

This was really entertaining and i loved it.

nitemare
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nitemare » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:29 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Also... I guess the spoilers implying Vegeta fighting both Jiren and Toppo simultaneously were either wrong or just misinterpreted.
That wouldn't be the first time and at this point it's not even surprising.

Though it certainly wasn't the best DBS episode I don't think it deserves so much negativity. I actually like in general the way Toppo and Vegeta fight was handled even if more of good old brawl wouldn't hurt either.

It was nice of Vegeta to think about his family and not only his promise to Cabba (I believe some people had issues with that) when he was cornered. His talk about losing one's pride was also cool and in-character.

I also find it quite ironic that Toppo seems more interesting only after he cast everything about him aside (all the justice crap) and embraced power of destruction.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:38 am

What I loved most about this episode like what many have pointed out is what Vegeta said to Toppo, Yes Vegeta has reformed and changed his ways but he's still a prideful warrior and unlike before where his pride got in the way of things, he finally found a way to use it to his advantage.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:43 am

Coming from the guy who has done this

And has said this

And more importantly done THIS

The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:48 am

Episode started of kinda weak in the beginning with starting up with last week episode but Toppos elimination made it up for me. God do i hate Toppo. So glad it was Vegeta that took him out too :D .
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:50 am

TameImpala wrote: Man don’t take it personal, my comment was meant for the people bashing Vegeta for dumb reasons. What do you hate about how they’re treating Vegeta in this tournament?

Vegeta is fighting for his family and a fellow saiyan. Yes he’s still prideful, but he’s finally fighting for someone other than his selfish needs. His character has grown a lot and I’m enjoying it.

My only complaint this arc is how everyone is getting up after they’ve been badly injured. They’re magically getting healed.
It’s not a personal thing, it’s more of a fandom thing. These fanboy wars between people and their favorite characters are incredibly childish and telling about how certain people think about the series. I have nothing more to say about it.

And about Vegeta, I’ve written multiple posts about him and why he just does not work in this arc, so I’ll keep it simple. First things first, he started out pretty good, staying by Bulma when she was about to give birth. The Bra scenes were great. After that, he completely fell off. He became “Cell arc” Vegeta and was unusually grumpy and arrogant, more than he usually is. He broke the Room of Spirit and Time AGAIN, ignores Gohan, claims its all about him and how he’s going to do everything and win the tournament, and even tells Goku that he’ll DEFEAT him and win the Super Dragon Balls. What? It also doesn’t help that he’s gotten no real build up at all in this arc. And that’s only talking about the pre-tournament stuff.

During the tournament he kept up his arrogant, annoying ways, being as bland and uninteresting as he possibly can be. Then he had a genuine moment with Roshi that was really good, and then another one with Cabba that was solid. After that he went back to pissed off arrogant Vegeta. And recently, he has had like 3 identical speeches, all in different episodes, about how he has to keep his promise to Cabba and how he has Saiyan pride, and after every speech he got either a power boost or a new form. It’s happened 3 times. And he’s still in the ring and fighting. He has had no proper build up, has been written to be like his Cell arc self, and is somehow still in the ring getting all these “shining” moments when he doesn’t deserve any of it from a narrative stand point. He NEEDS to go soon. Next two episodes minimum.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Appers

Post by Appers » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:59 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Obviously you don't care much about that because you're much more a fan of Vegeta. Which I find surprising considering your AV.
You're making a big assumption here. I care a great deal about how they're handling Goku and I'd be incredibly pissed if they handled him poorly, and I'd certainly voice my opinion on it if I felt they did, but the thing is, from my point of view they've been handling him fine and giving him all the spotlight he deserves as the series' protagonist up to this point in this tournament.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Thw only reason why I ecen quoted you/talked to you, was because you had that Goku AV and were going all.out on praise for Vegeta
All I said about Vegeta was that I was happy that for once in all of dragon ball, he finally got a win against an important character instead of being beaten into the ground by them, and I enjoyed seeing it because I know this is supposed to be his last hurrah before the series ends and I thought it was a nice sendoff because I like the character and feel as though this is earned. I'm pretty sure I praised Freeza way more in my post than I did Vegeta anyways, so this statement confuses me.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Don't be happy for Vegeta then just go "meh I will take what ever I get with Goku"
Even if this were the case for me, which it's not, why am I and others not allowed to have that viewpoint? Plenty of people DON'T like Goku and probably prefer Vegeta and that's absolutely fine.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: The story of Dragon Ball is the story of Goku. It's just about being fair and seeing what's right. It's not about being a fanboy of one character etc
This seems to be exactly what you're doing. It seems like you don't want other characters to have their moments unless Goku can completely 1up them due to his main character status, and even if he does, if it doesn't meet your standards it doesn't count.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Instead of putting words in my mouth, understand what I was really saying. I'm saying that CONSIDERING Vegeta just got a win over a god of destruction, Goku SHOULD get a clean win ooer Jiren. Other wise the bias skews heavily in favor of Vegeta. And Goku is the one who's the main character.
Except, I didn't put words in your mouth; you literally said that Super has given Goku "insulting" treatment during this tournament because he hasn't gotten any clean wins except against characters you deem unworthy (Kefla) and that he needs to keep up this supposed trend from Z you've fabricated where he gets wins without anyone's help in any way shape or form to keep up with Vegeta because he eliminated GoD Toppo, and I didn't share that viewpoint and told you why I disagreed. That doesn't automatically make me like Vegeta more.

If you want to discuss this further send me a PM or something because keeping this in the forums seems counterproductive.

Greator

Post by Greator » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:13 am

Okay the writing was bad but I got what I desired; Vegeta took out Toppo without sacrificing himself. I liked Toppo before his GoD power up, but not so much after.

As many have pointed out, the biggest bs was how Freeza got back up so damn fast and seemed like nothing happened last episode. I'd have liked for him to stay down until he'd actually do something impactful.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:21 am

Appers wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Obviously you don't care much about that because you're much more a fan of Vegeta. Which I find surprising considering your AV.
You're making a big assumption here. I care a great deal about how they're handling Goku and I'd be incredibly pissed if they handled him poorly, and I'd certainly voice my opinion on it if I felt they did, but the thing is, from my point of view they've been handling him fine and giving him all the spotlight he deserves as the series' protagonist up to this point in this tournament.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Thw only reason why I ecen quoted you/talked to you, was because you had that Goku AV and were going all.out on praise for Vegeta
All I said about Vegeta was that I was happy that for once in all of dragon ball, he finally got a win against an important character instead of being beaten into the ground by them, and I enjoyed seeing it because I know this is supposed to be his last hurrah before the series ends and I thought it was a nice sendoff because I like the character and feel as though this is earned. I'm pretty sure I praised Freeza way more in my post than I did Vegeta anyways, so this statement confuses me.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Don't be happy for Vegeta then just go "meh I will take what ever I get with Goku"
Even if this were the case for me, which it's not, why am I and others not allowed to have that viewpoint? Plenty of people DON'T like Goku and probably prefer Vegeta and that's absolutely fine.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: The story of Dragon Ball is the story of Goku. It's just about being fair and seeing what's right. It's not about being a fanboy of one character etc
This seems to be exactly what you're doing. It seems like you don't want other characters to have their moments unless Goku can completely 1up them due to his main character status, and even if he does, if it doesn't meet your standards it doesn't count.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Instead of putting words in my mouth, understand what I was really saying. I'm saying that CONSIDERING Vegeta just got a win over a god of destruction, Goku SHOULD get a clean win ooer Jiren. Other wise the bias skews heavily in favor of Vegeta. And Goku is the one who's the main character.
Except, I didn't put words in your mouth; you literally said that Super has given Goku "insulting" treatment during this tournament because he hasn't gotten any clean wins except against characters you deem unworthy (Kefla) and that he needs to keep up this supposed trend from Z you've fabricated where he gets wins without anyone's help in any way shape or form to keep up with Vegeta because he eliminated GoD Toppo, and I didn't share that viewpoint and told you why I disagreed. That doesn't automatically make me like Vegeta more.

If you want to discuss this further send me a PM or something because keeping this in the forums seems counterproductive.
Just PM'd you my response

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:22 am

Heh Freezer never learns from his mistakes and keeps challenging someone who is much stronger than him and then gets owned like a baby, it gets too repetitive... Toppo was a disappointment to me... I couldn't feel this hakaishin power, Vegeta outclassed him like he was nothing... that was very bad writting.

Jiren keeps growing on me.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:24 am

The Patrolman wrote:Image

Coming from the guy who has done this

And has said this

And more importantly done THIS

This is what makes this episode so good, we can see through Vegeta's development and actions that his pride is a source of power to him, not a weakness like it was before.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:26 am

Greator wrote:Okay the writing was bad but I got what I desired; Vegeta took out Toppo without sacrificing himself. I liked Toppo before his GoD power up, but not so much after.

As many have pointed out, the biggest bs was how Freeza got back up so damn fast and seemed like nothing happened last episode. I'd have liked for him to stay down until he'd actually do something impactful.
Except it was a sacrifice. There was even a flashback to Vegeta sacrificing himself. It was the exact same move. But Vegeta survived because "plot" i.e "Vegeta must always get shine" Hey I liked it and it was beyond epic. But really there's no excuse for Vegeta to have lived and contuined. You cant rationalize it. It happened just because.

In fact It would've been far more powerful and emotional if Vegeta at least got eliminated in the process too. That would've hit harder with more impact. Because as of right now Vegeta risked NOTHING to do it. Vegeta is still in the tournament figbting like NOTHING happened

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:26 am

sintzu wrote:
Kinokima wrote:Why do people need to say Vegeta fans better not complain. Can I just enjoy the moment without it being turned into something negative?
I'm the biggest Vegeta fan here but there's no denying that his fanbase is...hard to satisfy which is putting it nicely. We're happy that he took donw a destroyer and is currently the 3rd strongest fighter within the 8 participating universes and within the final 5 in the ring. We're also happy that he was able to put up a fight against Jiren despite being weaker than him and Goku. With that said and taking into account that he'll put up another great fight against Jiren, what's the fanbase going to say when he's (potentially) knocked out ?

You're going to read things like "Toriyama and Toei hate Vegeta", "Vegeta has never gotten to shine", "I'm going to drop DB", etc. It's to the point where people are surprised when I'm not hating on everything and instead am satisfied with what he gets. If Vegeta's fanbase would calm down and look at the whole picture instead then you won't get those comments. I didn't say that to ruin the mood, I just want to point out that he's being treated right and as a fanbase, we should be happy about it.

I am getting sick of people stereotyping Vegeta fans (not saying you) everyone has annoying fans.

And considering how many people are moaning about this episode. Yeah some people have legimate complaints about the writing even if I don’t agree . But then you have people say Vegeta got too much shine this arc because he finally got a legimate win and he needs to be knocked off the stage because of his one win. He may be knocked off soon and that is fine but he doesn’t have to be knocked out either because people think he’s stealing Goku’s shine.

Oh and there was the classic he was Cell Saga Vegeta and didn’t deserve to win nonsense. Even though people have pointed out countless times he was nothing like Cell Saga Vegeta.

Apparently Vegeta is only okay if he is losing to some people. As that is literally what some people think the point of his character is to lose and then for Goku to sweep in and fight the antagonist, even the secondary antagonist apparently.

So no I don’t have to admit anything. Sure there are annoying Vegeta fans who won’t be happy at this. And when they make a stupid post we should call them out about it but not lump all fans together.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:29 am

Hopefully now vegeta fans can be happy. He got a big win. The episode itself was a bit average though. I would honestly love it if they put in more effort in their fight choreography instead of spaming energy blasts.

Frieza got back up quick. I guess he had to return the favor quick.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:35 am

BrolyKale wrote:Heh Freezer never learns from his mistakes and keeps challenging someone who is much stronger than him and then gets owned like a baby, it gets too repetitive... Toppo was a disappointment to me... I couldn't feel this hakaishin power, Vegeta outclassed him like he was nothing... that was very bad writting.

Jiren keeps growing on me.
I agree with that last sentence so much

I mean people are saying Jiren is "evil" for dissing Toppo

Yet Jiren praised Vegeta for defeating Toppo despite the implications

Jiren is a good guy who wont stop to give props.

Jiren was simply upset at Toppo because Toppo turning his back on justice

I just llove that Jiren seems to be a bit of a savage

Like when universe 7 defeated Aniraza, and universe 7 finally has that epic staredown with universe 11, Jiren tells Goku, "How does it feel to know you will never taste victory again"

Jiren is ice cold lol

And Jiren can get away with it because everyone knows Jiren is by far the strongest fighter there. Jiren even outclasses his own god in strength and power

People think this makes Jiren "evil" and that just makes me face palm lol

Jiren is confident and has a bit of a sarcastic flair to him and will talk thrash

Just like I said, Jiren is Dragon Balls Superman.

A lot of people dont know this. Toryiama is a huge fan of western movies and was actually inspired to write the andriod saga after watching the Terminator.

I can 100% guarantee that Superman was one of Toriyama's influences for Jiren. Jiren is even called an alien. What Superman was referred to by citizens of metropolis.

All though it would be badass if the power of UI Goku "shut Jiren up a bit" lol

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:42 am

According to Terez on Twitter the “you are pathetic line” from Jiren is actually a bit of a mistranslation and harsher than intended. She said “that’s unbecoming of you” would have been better.

https://twitter.com/terez27/status/960073326155706369

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 am

julianix wrote:Hopefully now vegeta fans can be happy. He got a big win. The episode itself was a bit average though. I would honestly love it if they put in more effort in their fight choreography instead of spaming energy blasts.

Frieza got back up quick. I guess he had to return the favor quick.
Vegeta fans will never be happy. They are already trolling on youube videos and crying about persecution and "Goku fanboys"

Its like Vegeta fans won't be happy until Vegeta kills Goku and becomes the main character himself.

This is why Toriyama and Toei should've never listened to the whiney complaints from Vegeta fans. Vegeta fans will never stop and will always want more.

Toriyama gives them a city, and they cry they want a country. Toryiama gives them a country, then Vegeta fans cry that Vegeta should get the entire continent, that little poor old me Vegeta is always mistreated. It won't be long before they cry for Vegeta to have the world.

This is why this catering to a vocal minority of Dragon Ball watchers (Vegeta got destroyed in fan polls about favorite Dragon Ball charcaters) needs to stop. They simply need to stop giving Vegeta so much shine so Vegeta fans get re-wired to stop expecting everything. Honestly man, I don't mind fans of other characters I don't like, but in my experience Vegeta fans have by far been the worst I've personally encountered . There are some good Vegeta fans out there though. Like the one in this thread being very cool and reasonable. I'm talking about sintzu
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:47 am

Jiren should never smile again! :shock:

Don't want to say good riddance for Toppo, but I don't think the God of Destruction mode thingy was the best thing they gave to him. He was cool with his justice shtick and even when he stopped doing it and decided to get serious he was still a cool fighter. Then they gave him this new mode and he got boring and uninteresting.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?