Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:08 pm

Can we please put this show out of it's misery now? The writing for an end of big anime shouldn't be this bad.

User avatar
Sandubadear
I Live Here
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
Location: Space Amazon

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:08 pm

Nice fight, but they really shouldn't have Freeza reappear just to disappear again and possibly be the last surviving fighter. They should have Freeza do this last episode, and make 17's fight shorter now.

The Vegeta part is ok I guess, I don't see the trouble in Vegeta's body being stronger to withstand the explosion, it's basically the same as with the Mafuba.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 pm

majinwarman wrote:I personally like this episode. I thought the Vegeta using the Final Explosion was really cool. I have give props to Yamamuro's storyboard during the second half of the episode. He really proved me wrong. I like that Vegeta won't give up his motivations and used to push him further. I do think that Toppo did spam a bit in this episode. I do believe that this episode looked fine to me. I don't understand the hate for this episode. I did like how Jiren threw Toppo under the bus for losing. I believe that next episode will have 17 out and Jiem kicking butt.
Rating: 7 out of 10
Vegeta is definently going out too. That was Vegeta's farewell epic moment. It only makes logical sense for Jiren to clean house in episode 127 and get miltiple eliminations to showcase just how great and powerful Jiren is.

And yeah, I remember in episode 125, I thought it was awesome how Jiren seemed to be very disappointed with Toppo, that Toppo abandoned all his morals and justice to get the destructive powers he needed to escape his final minute. As if Toppo let the dark force consume him so he could live.

I wish they would've played more off that. In with you in that.

We know Jiren is Dragon Ball's version of Superman and will never abandon his sense of justice and morals. It would've been awesome to see Jiren have to turn against Toppo. I mean they made Toppo in episode 125 seem like a legit terrifying scary evil mother fu@ker lol.

But they need to end the show in March so yeah some things were obviously rushed

When Super comes back there will no longer be time constraints. I hope they take the time to flesh everything out when it returns
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SSJ2bardock
I Live Here
Posts: 2591
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:10 pm

Maybe I’m just not remembering something, but I thought the gods of destruction were bheing erased with their universes when they lost? I see Beerus and the god from the Pride Troopers universe, but I keep seeing a third one who’s a little grey guy wearing yellow. Am I missing something?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

User avatar
Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Amir » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:11 pm

Doctor. wrote:
precita wrote:He obviously used much more power but this time saved some energy left so he wouldn't completely die and turn to stone like in the Boo arc. Back then he completely depleted himself because he wanted to make sure Boo was eradicated. Here he knew he only had to blow Toppo out of the ring.
Sure, but that's not the excuse they used. They just said Vegeta's much stronger now so he was able to survive his own attack. Which is stupid because his attack is also much stronger. What you're saying is headcanon. Believable explanation, I'll give you that, but one that the show doesn't go through the effort of explaining.
It doesn't matter if the attack itself is stronger, Vegeta has gotten so strong that his body can endure limit breaking attacks like that now, that was the whole point. It basically confirms that the stronger you get, the more your body can push itself, that was the logic they used. It's not really a flaw.

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Doctor. wrote:
precita wrote:One of your complaints is moves being re-used, did you complain back in DBZ that Goku used the Spirit bomb against 3 final villains? (Saiyan Saga Vegeta, Freeza and Kid Buu?)
How can you miss the point this hard? No, my point was rehashing an old scene as a way to defeat a major antagonist. All of the Genkidama were distinct (both in size and context; Goku didn't spout the same speech all 3 times and the circumstances were never the same) and only one of them killed the villain. So they were all memorable. When you think of Vegeta's sacrifice in the future, will you think of this or Majin Vegeta's first? Majin Vegeta's, most likely. When you think of the Genkidama, which one do you think of first? Probably Boo's, since that was the one that killed the villain, but all 3 of them are memorable enough to be a first choice. You won't think about the movie Genkidamas because all they do is rehash the same circumstances and scenes as the original series. And that's exactly what Super does.
precita wrote:And he survived because Piccolo explain in Blue form he's millions of times more capable of surviving than he was in the Buu arc.
It seems you didn't actually read my post. Yes, Vegeta is much stronger now. So is his attack. Unless you try to convince me that Vegeta used the same kind of power he used against Boo, then that's a poor excuse.
Actual, there was this one time where Goku absorbed the genkidama and that was freaking sweet. I ranted but then I realize something: I don't care and most people don't either. Its cool so fuck it.



Besides, you are missing the entire point: Vegeta got the win. Thats all that matters. People still praise Trunks from episode 66 what do you think they will do for Vegeta? Toei knows what they are doing, they did same crap in the 90's with the humans beating the Ginyu force or Yamcha beating Olibu. They don't care so why should you?Because its bad writing hahaha.

Because my friend, the show ends in 5 episodes. there is literally nothing to gain from criticizing it at this point. Its like tutoring a f student 5 weeks before school ends you are wasting your time. Can the next 5 episodes really change your opinion on this arc? I assume not.

I'm not saying You are wrong, I'm saying whats the point?

User avatar
jeffbr92
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Kaiosama wrote:They should have buffed Frieza instead. It would have been so much more interesting than Vegeta's bland character. Ugh...
Something like 100% full power Golden Freeza? That would be fun
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Amir wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
precita wrote:He obviously used much more power but this time saved some energy left so he wouldn't completely die and turn to stone like in the Boo arc. Back then he completely depleted himself because he wanted to make sure Boo was eradicated. Here he knew he only had to blow Toppo out of the ring.
Sure, but that's not the excuse they used. They just said Vegeta's much stronger now so he was able to survive his own attack. Which is stupid because his attack is also much stronger. What you're saying is headcanon. Believable explanation, I'll give you that, but one that the show doesn't go through the effort of explaining.
It doesn't matter if the attack itself is stronger, Vegeta has gotten so strong that his body can endure limit breaking attacks like that now, that was the whole point. It basically confirms that the stronger you get, the more your body can push itself, that was the logic they used. It's not really a flaw.
It's a flaw because it's circular reasoning. "Vegeta is stronger now so he can survive the attack that killed him before. The attack is also stronger now so that's what pushed Vegeta's body to survive."
Totamo wrote:Besides, you are missing the entire point: Vegeta got the win. Thats all that matters. People still praise Trunks from episode 66 what do you think they will do for Vegeta? Toei knows what they are doing, they did same crap in the 90's with the humans beating the Ginyu force or Yamcha beating Olibu. They don't care so why should you?Because its bad writing hahaha.

Because my friend, the show ends in 5 episodes. there is literally nothing to gain from criticizing it at this point. Its like tutoring a f student 5 weeks before school ends you are wasting your time. Can the next 5 episodes really change your opinion on this arc? I assume not.

I'm not saying You are wrong, I'm saying whats the point?
The point is voicing my opinion, which is what we're all doing.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5816
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by precita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Kaiosama wrote:This...was...awful. The writing is probably some of the worst we've seen in this series. Yeah, let's keep giving Vegeta these BS pride power-ups from speeches. Where the hell where these in Z or early Super? Way to build up Toppo and make him look unstoppable and menacing and then have him job HARD to Vegeta. And Vegeta's Final Explosion isn't so 'Final' is it? I'm sorry this episode was so biased towards Vegeta that it was sickening. Hopefully Jiren can knock him and the others out so we can get to the real fight with UI Goku and Jiren.

They should have buffed Frieza instead. It would have been so much more interesting than Vegeta's bland character. Ugh...
Where did he get a power up in this ep? He did not, he just unleashed his sacrifice move. If you mean Blue sparkles in general, at least it happened 3 eps ago.

And how did Toppo job hard? He wasn't even fully beaten, just knocked out of the ring and did extensive damage to Freeza, 17 and Vegeta beforehand.

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Kaiosama wrote:Can we please put this show out of it's misery now? The writing for an end of big anime shouldn't be this bad.
Actually, its incredibly common for the ending of a shonen to be the worst part of the entire show. Fairy tail, bleach, naruto, soul eater and hitman reborn. All of it was straight garbage.

User avatar
Melee_Sovereign
Regular
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:43 am

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:17 pm

Jiren showing more of his true colors. I mean, he came off as a bit of a jerk before, but I didn't expect him to blatantly insult his own allies like that. Didn't expect that from someone who's suppose to be as heroic as he is.

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:17 pm

Totamo wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:Can we please put this show out of it's misery now? The writing for an end of big anime shouldn't be this bad.
Actually, its incredibly common for the ending of a shonen to be the worst part of the entire show. Fairy tail, bleach, naruto, soul eater and hitman reborn. All of it was straight garbage.
I suppose you have a point.

Kataphrut
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1594
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:17 pm

This might have been better if Vegeta's resolve moment happened here instead of back in 123, the simple acknowledgment of his family alongside his promise to Cabba made it that much more effective, plus it would have been spaced out so as not to get two heroic speeches back-to-back like in 122/123. Also, trying to homage the legendary Majin Vegeta sacrifice with ToP Vegeta is like getting a spoiled fat kid to run against Usain Bolt in the 100m sprints.

Yeah, this was dreadful. No good character writing whatsoever. Toppo and Jiren both came across as unlikeable wankers; there seemed to be a theme throughout this episode of holding onto your principles, how Toppo was wrong to give up his, while Vegeta was right to hold onto his and that's why he was able to win. Vegeta mocks Toppo for giving up justice (despite having never heard him say it before), Toppo mocks Vegeta for caring about Saiyans, Jiren insults Toppo for losing, then praises Vegeta for winning without giving anything up. Aren't you two meant to be superheroes?

The core problem with that idea is "justice" and "pride" are such nebulous concepts that we're being asked to care about. I can get behind emotional outbursts fueling powerups, that's Anime 101 and Dragon Ball practically invented it. The problem is, there's no emotion here. Characters are literally just Describing How They Feel. "I No Longer Feel Justice, Therefore I Am Strong". "I Feel Pride Therefore I Am Stronger". I've seen people accuse the Tournament of Power of feeling like bad pro wrestling before, this is the first time I've really felt it.

Not to mention the issue of 17 and Freeza still being in despite how last episode went, Vegeta still being in despite supposedly sacrificing himself (and any tension that left in the arc). I fear for the finale. Please come back Ultra Instinct, please save this show.

User avatar
Melee_Sovereign
Regular
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:43 am

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:19 pm

Totamo wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:Can we please put this show out of it's misery now? The writing for an end of big anime shouldn't be this bad.
Actually, its incredibly common for the ending of a shonen to be the worst part of the entire show. Fairy tail, bleach, naruto, soul eater and hitman reborn. All of it was straight garbage.
It being common doesn't make it any better. Though I still don't want Dragon Ball to end in the long run and hope we get another series in the future.

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:20 pm

precita wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:This...was...awful. The writing is probably some of the worst we've seen in this series. Yeah, let's keep giving Vegeta these BS pride power-ups from speeches. Where the hell where these in Z or early Super? Way to build up Toppo and make him look unstoppable and menacing and then have him job HARD to Vegeta. And Vegeta's Final Explosion isn't so 'Final' is it? I'm sorry this episode was so biased towards Vegeta that it was sickening. Hopefully Jiren can knock him and the others out so we can get to the real fight with UI Goku and Jiren.

They should have buffed Frieza instead. It would have been so much more interesting than Vegeta's bland character. Ugh...
Where did he get a power up in this ep? He did not, he just unleashed his sacrifice move. If you mean Blue sparkles in general, at least it happened 3 eps ago.

And how did Toppo job hard? He wasn't even fully beaten, just knocked out of the ring and did extensive damage to Freeza, 17 and Vegeta beforehand.
Are you kidding me??? Vegeta was wrecking him after he made his big speech. He was fodderizing Hakai Energy! The Final Explosion was just the finishing touch to this fiasco.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5816
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by precita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
precita wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:This...was...awful. The writing is probably some of the worst we've seen in this series. Yeah, let's keep giving Vegeta these BS pride power-ups from speeches. Where the hell where these in Z or early Super? Way to build up Toppo and make him look unstoppable and menacing and then have him job HARD to Vegeta. And Vegeta's Final Explosion isn't so 'Final' is it? I'm sorry this episode was so biased towards Vegeta that it was sickening. Hopefully Jiren can knock him and the others out so we can get to the real fight with UI Goku and Jiren.

They should have buffed Frieza instead. It would have been so much more interesting than Vegeta's bland character. Ugh...
Where did he get a power up in this ep? He did not, he just unleashed his sacrifice move. If you mean Blue sparkles in general, at least it happened 3 eps ago.

And how did Toppo job hard? He wasn't even fully beaten, just knocked out of the ring and did extensive damage to Freeza, 17 and Vegeta beforehand.
Are you kidding me??? Vegeta was wrecking him after he made his big speech. He was fodderizing Hakai Energy! The Final Explosion was just the finishing touch to this fiasco.
He was able to attack him, he didn't get a power up in this ep, all we saw before was Vegeta fighting Jiren.

How did he get a power up in this ep? He did not.

User avatar
Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Amir » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Amir wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Sure, but that's not the excuse they used. They just said Vegeta's much stronger now so he was able to survive his own attack. Which is stupid because his attack is also much stronger. What you're saying is headcanon. Believable explanation, I'll give you that, but one that the show doesn't go through the effort of explaining.
It doesn't matter if the attack itself is stronger, Vegeta has gotten so strong that his body can endure limit breaking attacks like that now, that was the whole point. It basically confirms that the stronger you get, the more your body can push itself, that was the logic they used. It's not really a flaw.
It's a flaw because it's circular reasoning. "Vegeta is stronger now so he can survive the attack that killed him before. The attack is also stronger now so that's what pushed Vegeta's body to survive."
The attack is stronger but he himself is even stronger that he can withstand that, still don't see how it's a flaw. Like I said, Vegeta couldn't push himself that hard when he was weaker without dying, but now that he is way stronger and durable, he can push himself just as hard without dying, that's all there was to it.

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Hakaishin Toppo was wasted as expected, the way Vegeta defeated him sure was BS.Well, the anime is ending soon so I couldn't care less anymore.
Still glad Vegeta took the win, and Toppo is still a better character than Jiren. Fck that alien emoji dude, I have a feeling Toppo will be on Vegeta's side this time.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Kaiosama wrote:This...was...awful. The writing is probably some of the worst we've seen in this series. Yeah, let's keep giving Vegeta these BS pride power-ups from speeches. Where the hell where these in Z or early Super? Way to build up Toppo and make him look unstoppable and menacing and then have him job HARD to Vegeta. And Vegeta's Final Explosion isn't so 'Final' is it? I'm sorry this episode was so biased towards Vegeta that it was sickening. Hopefully Jiren can knock him and the others out so we can get to the real fight with UI Goku and Jiren.

They should have buffed Frieza instead. It would have been so much more interesting than Vegeta's bland character. Ugh...
I agree with you in that I hope Jiren cleans house in episode 127.

Vegeta has gotten more then enough shine. Now it's time for Vegeta to get eliminated. Enough is enough

Whether Super chapter 1 gets remembered in a good light or not, will come down to if they nail UI Omen Goku vs Jiren 1 vs 1. It needs to be as epic as possible with build up, pacing and execution

Remember the promo material teases? It said that something awful would happen to push Goku into that transformation

I hope it's all done extremely well and I hope Goku's UI transformation is as epic as Goku's SSJ transformation on Namek.

The real fight everyone has been looking forward to is UI Goku vs Jiren

It's crazy how Goku has NOT gotten 1 legit huge win in Super yet. It's Super annoying.

They even let Vegeta get a win over a god of destruction while Goku still hasn't gotten anything.

It's actually kind of insulting.

Goku needs to be the one to straight up defeat Jiren one vs one.

Toyotaro is said to be a huge Vegeta fanboy and Goku hater. I'm glad Toei stopped listening to Toyotaro, and started taking Toriyama's scripts as the word of God, as Toei just recently said

User avatar
LightBing
I Live Here
Posts: 3551
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by LightBing » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:25 pm

Abysmal. I try not to be overly negative when talking about flaws of the show but this episode really hit me hard.

The whole episode is devoid of imagination, whoever wrote this isn't good. Ki spamming for half an episode with a silly tactic, bad but not criminal. Not the first episode to provide this type of tasteless and uninspired action which makes one write down the episode number to avoid a re-watch. Freeza was in mix because I guess it was fun to pummel him in the last episode and we needed a repetition?

Now for what's abysmal, Vegeta's participation is plagiarism from the Boo Arc while undermining what is copying. The writer(s) added Bulla, gave Vegeta a shonen boost, splashed a bit of Toppo's and destroyed the meaning of a suicide attack because it's easy and for the plot.
There's no being stronger or having Blue, if you release all of your energy you're dead. What Vegeta did in this episode is the same he did in the Saiyan Arc and what Piccolo did in the 23rd TB an "explosive wave".

You can't reuse material constantly, put it above key moments from this so called new story and make it worse. This episode made me happy Super is ending and that's a not right, this was actually saddening. Even worst it happened on "Vegeta's episode" who's my favourite character.

Oh and I guess Jiren is an even bigger asshole? All of a sudden he's bad mouthing Toppo..., it's painfully obvious they are making him a villain, a dull portrait.

:( :thumbdown:
Last edited by LightBing on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply