Super Episode 127 (11 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: Super Episode 127 (11 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Are there serious complaints about Jiren being nerfed?

They made Jiren the biggest terrifying threat I've ever seen in Dragon Ball

17 did not land 1 single strike. He damaged Jiren because he caught him completely off guard

And even when Goku recognized this pattern, and they tried to replicate it again, Jiren shut it down and basically said, "I never fall to the same trick twice"

If you follow MMA or boxing, sometimes fighters with the greatest chins ever, get knocked out by shots they didnt see coming

It doesnt matter how strong someone is, if you catch them off guard, or off balance, they go down

I wonder how many with those criticisms have any experience with martial arts or fighting

As someone who not only follows combat sports but trained boxing, muay thai, and BJJ, I love how Super always seems to be grounded in some kind of martial arts realism etc

Like the whole idea about ultra instinct is spot on from a fighters point of view in real life. You drill repetition in the gym so that your body can react on its own in the actual fight etc.

It's not like andriod 17 was matching Jiren strength for strength

17 was completely on the run the whole time, never had any legit success, and then had to kill himself to save Goku and give universe 7 a fighting chance

It was all logical, well built up, and all extremely well done

Episode 127 was amazing. I'm now convinced that if DBZ was around during the internet there would've been people shitting on DBZ.

I can't wait for the awakening of Goku's UI transformation. Let's go Son Goku. Jiren is the greatest protagonist the legendary kind hearted warrior and martial arts master Goku has ever come across. But never count Goku out. Goku has a habit of overcoming the odds
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ice85

Post by Ice85 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 pm

This episode was very enjoyable.

Animation :
- Although the actual animation was just above average, the storyboard was absolutely incredible and made the fights look extremely pleasing.
- I really liked the way the beams looked in this episode.
- Naoki Tate's scene was great, although it was a bit short.

Plot :
- 17's sacrifice was unexpected and amazing.
- Jiren's backstory was extremely generic, but I guess we should be thankful they're fleshing him out as a character at all.
- Vegeta going Beyond SSB directly after "using all of his stamina" was infuriating.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:01 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: - So was the self-destruct from the original bomb Dr. Gero put in him? Because that makes no sense as it would be too weak to do anything at this point. Or did he also detonate all of his accumulated energy or something?
Just the latter. His bomb was removed at the conclusion of the Cell Arc.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Bullza wrote:That evil doer will be a villain one day.
This would be amazing

Imagine If after Goku and Jiren's intense battle Jiren grows to finally respect Goku and accept Goku as someone who's stronger or equal.

Then imagine Goku and Jiren teaming up against that evil doer in a future arc?
Well I suppose that depends if Jiren is still alive after this Tournament is over.

There's a couple who are saying it was Black or Zamasu but I think if it was supposed to be them they would have shown it.

Why else would they obscure what he looks like? If he was just supposed to be some random evil alien who killed them all then they could have showed him just as they did Jiren's master. That they didn't makes me wonder if he's being saved for something one day.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:04 am

OverHeaven wrote:God, the number of people who thinks that "evil" person is Goku Black is unbelievable.
I mean, no one beside him can appear as mysterious silhouette figure with evil eyes, no one.
I was kidding when I said it was Zamasu, but still an interesting idea lol

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:06 am

17 didnt deserve to go out like that.

It felt so tacked on and forced for emotion but ended up coming off as lifeless.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:17 didnt deserve to go out like that.

It felt so tacked on and forced for emotion but ended up coming off as lifeless.
Explain because Goku and Vegeta were down and they were all about to get knocked out. This isn't like last week were Vegeta was winning.

There was literally no hope here.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:10 am

MajinVegetaPD wrote:So it's confirmed that Vegetas "cool moment" is him getting the Kid Buu treatment.

Nice, thanks Toshio. Very original.
Thats awesome and what I've been waiting for.

Toriyama has clearly established through out Dragon Ball that Vegeta has a hell of a chin and can take tons of punishment

So Vegeta will be able to hold up for a little against Jiren.

Especially with the stubborn resilience of Vegeta. Its the only logical way to buy Goku some time.

All Vegeta fans should be happy because Vegeta already got his big win and epic farewell in episode 126. I mean you could've taken Vegeta out of this episode and it wouldn't have made a difference or changed anything.Vegeta should've already been eliminated so he's over staying his welcome. Now Vegeta is basically going to get a second epic farewell

Everyone wants the epic Goku vs Jiren rematch already, and UI perfect Goku vs Jiren.

Wait to see how it's done before being down on it. I bet it's going to be done amazingly.

The spoilers said that as Goku watches Vegeta's final last stand, Goku will start to be entrenched with feelings. Something to that effect

It sounds awesome

Like if Goku is going to come to a realization of everything that's at stake, ask himself what he's truly fighting for, and have some kind of break through

Then when Vegeta gets eliminated maybe that also touches Goku, pushes Goku on

What if before Vegeta goes, he gives Goku a last speech about how Goku must survive for everything they both love and keep fighting on to survive. What if its like the speech Vegeta gave Goku on Namek before Vegeta died that drove Goku on to keep fighting Frieza. That would be awesome

Vegeta giving his final last breath speech to Goku propelling Goku on to his UI perfect transformation, would be beyond amazing and would be another big win for Vegeta. It's Vegeta's time to go now. It's all about the legendary Son Goku now
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:13 am

Totamo wrote:

Explain because Goku and Vegeta were down and they were all about to get knocked out. This isn't like last week were Vegeta was winning.

I feel you're a worse version of HeroR. Whenever someone doesnt like Super you ump on with the defenses.

I never said he shouldnt have lost. I said the way he went out was bad.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:18 am

Totamo wrote:

Exactly.

Android 17's scarfice was extremely well done. I'm not going to even lie, it legit got me a little emotional. It was very touching.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:20 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Totamo wrote:

Exactly.

Android 17's scarfice was extremely well done. I'm not going to even lie, it legit got me a little emotional. It was very touching.
I disagree. I like 17 a lot and yet I felt nothing.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 am

I'm not sure I enjoyed this episode but it was better than the last, I guess.

I'm not sure how Vegeta was able to go Blue again.
I'm not sure why Jiren doesn't seem to be as strong when fighting #17.
Jiren's backstory was pretty... well, I've seen it too many times and they didn't put a new twist on it.

I guess the #17 stuff was cool but I wasn't especially moved by his sacrifice (and they'll probably bring him back again anyway).
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:26 am

It was a good episode definitely better than last week.
    The battle was fantastic,The strategy was good and #17 sacrifice was very unexpected as well sad.
      Jiren backstory was ok, while it was sad but it was a bit generic and I wish Jiren told his story instead of Belmoud.
        Overall it was a good episode and I can't wait to see more.

ZenkaiBoosts
        Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:28 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
        ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
        Totamo wrote: Explain because Goku and Vegeta were down and they were all about to get knocked out. This isn't like last week were Vegeta was winning.

Exactly.

I disagree. I like 17 a lot and yet I felt nothing.
        What about when 17 said "I guess me sacrificing myself makes me more human and I like that"

That was am unbelievable quote. That didn't touch you?

Or how his sister crying for him in the stands?

Really think about it

17 knew he was going to die, yet in the face of imminent death, remained as fearless as possible so that he could protect Goku and give universe 7 a fighting chance against this beast of a monster Jiren

17 won't even get to see how UI perfect Goku avenged him

The last thing 17 would've seen before dying was Jiren's blast

17 risked it all to give Goku and universe 7 a fighting chance evem though 17 will never get to be there and see it or enjoy Goku's victory with Goku and his sister.

17's scarficie in episode 127 was suprisingly really deep and touching.

As someone who hated the focus 17 was getting in this tournament (also hate the Vegeta focus. Gohan was shafted in favor of 17 and Vegeta) this episode turned me into a 17 fan after it was done

17's sacrifice>>>>Vegeta's so called one in episode 126.

Dbzfan94
        Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:30 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
        What about when 17 said "I guess me sacrificing myself makes me more human and I like that"

Really think about it

17 knew he was going to die, yet in the face of imminent death, remained as fearless as possible so that he could protect Goku and give universe 7 a fighting chance against this beast of a monster Jiren

17 risked it all to give Goku and universe 7 a fighting chance evem though 17 will never get to be there and see it or enjoy Goku's victory with Goku and his sister.

As someone who hated the focus 17 was getting in this tournament (also hate the Vegeta focus. Gohan was shafted in favor of 17 and Vegeta) this episode turned me into a 17 fan after it was done

Relax dude.
        Something just felt missing to me.
        And Vegeta's 'sacrifice' was even worse last episode.

CriticalThinker
        Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:31 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
        CriticalThinker wrote:17 sure did go out with a bang!

[spoiler]Jokes aside, 17 did pretty damn great this arc and I'm glad he lasted as long as he did.Neat to see Jiren's backstory but I still don't care much for him. Also gonna make a guess that the evil doer Jiren couldn't beat comes back in the next series. Also Freeza sure was angry this episode like I don't even get why he was so mad at Jiren. Like he seemed pretty chill after Toppo beat him and yet was absolutely furious at Jiren. Dunno just stuck out to me as a bit odd.[/spoiler]
        This episode turned me into a fan of 17.

This episode (127) was so amazing. It had everything. Emotion. Excitement. Suspense etc

We got Jiren backstory.

More showings of Goku's superior fight intelligence and brilliant strategic mind and martial arts mastery...

And yet despite Goku's startegic efforts, the unstoppable Jiren still overwhelmed their efforts....

They did a great job of building Jiren up to an even greater more terrifying threat then God of destruction Toppo

The pacing was flawless with a smooth flow to everything

I also loved how instead of the build up coming first and then the fight....this episode put a twist on it...the big fight with great fight choreography and epic music almost came instantly into the episode, then we got all the build up, dialogue, backstory etc

And then everything culminated into the last act where andriod 17 sacrificed himself to save Goku and give universe 7 a fighting chance to survive against this monster of strength Jiren. The greatest protagonist the legendary Son Goku has ever come across. But Goku has a habit of over coming the odds.

Man, the ending legit brought a tear to my eye lol.

Android 18 crying for her brothers sacrifice

Android 17 despite knowing his death was imminent showing no fear and standing tall with pride for his universe and Goku

When 17 said, "to sacrifice makes me more human and I like that"

That was touching.

Flawless episode. This is what Vegeta's elimination should've been like in episode 126...and UI Goku vs Jiren should've started this episode so we could have more episodes of UI perfect Goku vs Jiren

Anyway, I'm so pumped for episodes 129 and 130. Thank you Toriyama and Toei.

17's scarficie wont go in vain. It the end its what will have allowed Goku to transform into perfect UI and get avengence on Jiren
        I wouldn't call this a flawless episode but it was pretty good, far better than last weeks episode. Honestly dunno wether or not 17 death will be in vain or not. Goku has a pretty iffy track record of winning tournaments and Jiren is still no selling everything, but guess will see soon enough.

TheOtherDude
        Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:33 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
        ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

Really think about it

Relax dude.
        Something just felt missing to me.
        And Vegeta's 'sacrifice' was even worse last episode.
        Pay this guy no mind. Literally everything that comes out this guys mouth is anti Vegeta.

Dbzfan94
        Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:34 am

As long as they use the wish to bring 17 back instead of wasting it on bringing the other universes back I guess I'll be happy.

ZenkaiBoosts
        Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:37 am

GamerSkull wrote:I'm not sure I enjoyed this episode but it was better than the last, I guess.

I'm not sure how Vegeta was able to go Blue again.
        I'm not sure why Jiren doesn't seem to be as strong when fighting #17.
        Jiren's backstory was pretty... well, I've seen it too many times and they didn't put a new twist on it.

I guess the #17 stuff was cool but I wasn't especially moved by his sacrifice (and they'll probably bring him back again anyway).
        I don't get this. How was Jiren "not strong" when fighting 17?

17 did not land 1 single strike

He was on the run the whole time

All 17 did was survive. He didn't mount any offense.

It was all logical. It's like people were expecting Jiren to flick his pinky at 17 and 17 combust from the inside from it.

I hope no one starts saying "nerf" or "asspull" when UI perfect Goku starts whopping Jiren...

Because it's already been logically forshadowed that every time Goku fights Jiren, Goku gets stronger. That every time Goku went UI Omen, he got MUCH stronger then the last.

Now Goku is going to transform into UI PERFECT and UI PERFECT will be much much more powerful then we think.

Jiren may far surpass the gods but UI is some angle level strength. UI perfect Goku will be approaching the lower tier of angels.

Super (this arc) has been all about Goku breaking his shell, surpassing his limits that he didn't think was possible, and surpassing Jiren

When you add the boost of Goku's perfect UI transformation PLUS Goku's superior fight intelligence and martial arts mastery, I don't see how Jiren stands a chance

Wouldnt It be awesome if it he usual cocky arrogant Jiren were brought down to his knees by UI Perfect Goku?

Imagine Goku humbling Jiren. Jiren having to react to being humbled for the first time ever?

Jiren was more powerful then his own god. So no one has ever done that to Jiren. It would start to "break" Jiren that someone could finally stand up to him - the legendary kind hearted warrior and martial arts master Son Goku !
        Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
        Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:*snip*
        Repeating the same thing over and over isnt goign to push your point any further.