Super Episode 127 (11 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Episode 127 (11 February 2018)

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:43 am

thezander wrote:17 went out a total baller and they probably won't even bring him back. I think Vegeta had a lot of respect for him too even if it didn't seem like it. I really liked that he got to antagonize jiren a little bit too in classic Android fashion. I hope Goku picked that up during the remainder of his fight and uses it. The only stupid thing about 17 is the obvious but it's clearly there for a reason to perhaps show his naivety about what's going on and what super dragon Balls are. Then again if he really wanted a cruise he could have collected the Earth balls but whatever
In the anime and manga, I'm pretty sure he says he can't be stuffed, or doesn't have the time to look for them.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:45 am

precita wrote:Most of us range in the 20-30 year old range. We're all mostly adults here, besides a few younger teens. There's no reason people should be talking like this is the schoolyard playground. We're not in the year 1999 anymore. Some stuff I've seen people said here would get them banned immediately if they said it on other forums.
Here's the problem, though.

Whenever a poster here says something like "Man, episode 105 was FUCKING AMAZING!! I LOVED IT!! ROSHI WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!" gets a pass, and the bad language used is not mentioned at all.

But when a poster says something like "Man, episode 127 was fucking garbage! Jiren sucks!!" you immediately see Vegetto EX replying with a quick "Could you care to elaborate with constructive criticism, that language will not be tolerated, you have agreed to the forum guidelines, we're a respectable community, blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc." and the poster will get a 'last free warning' and the like.

So you see, the problem isn't so much the bad words or language being used, it's the bad words being used for negative comments that the modders here take an issue with, and suddenly remind us that bad language is not permitted. That's hypocrisy, in case you don't see it. Either ban bad language altogether, or allow it for both the good and the bad. This whole thing gives off the vibe that the forums aren't so much to talk about Dragonball as they are to praise Dragon Ball and be really, really, REALLY diplomatic about its faults (which are tons, at this point).

But this website takes this to ridiculous extremes. Not swearing at other people is fine and I applaud it. But not swearing at fictional characters is simply mind-boggling. Frieza is my favourite character but I have no problem calling him out on his idiocy in the past three episodes. These are fictional characters, not historical or sacred figures and we should be allowed to talk about them as we please.

As you've said, most of us here are in our 30s and we should be able to take it if someone talks crap about a FICTIONAL character in a KID'S SHOW for selling TOYS we like, especially if we're not saying it as troll-bait.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 am

I'd like to chime in.

In the past, "idiot" and "moron" were both terms literally used in scientific literature to refer to "mentally impaired" people. They were the "retard" words of their day. Language moves on, and I don't think anyone using the term is deliberately insulting the mentally impaired.

But the rest of you also need to chill the fuck out. You're acting paranoid about the moderators by accusing them of being SJWs trying to take away your freeze peach. Mike can literally ban you for saying something he doesn't like. He owns the site and thus has every right to do such.

In short: while TDC's point is a bit dumb, your arguments are far stupider.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:37 am

A lot of folks seem to be under the impression that the issue is that #17 got insulted, rather than the great chance of someone with an actual mental handicap reading these comments and seeing the implication that their condition warrants derision and shame.

The notion that calls for broadened empathy and social awareness is tantamount to some heinous "PC Conspiracy" is absurdly confused.

Does someone being offended by a word make them an "oversensitive bitch"? Maybe? Does that matter? Different people have different threshholds and degrees of emotional resilience. People are different, that's how life is. Being more squeamish to certain terms doesn't preclude one from being capable of providing insightful intellectual discussion. And since that, to my understanding, is among the greater priorities of this conversation space, discouraging people from contributing to it due to unrelated factors (like being more sensitive) seems dumb.

This isn't 4chan. If anyone wants this place to be more like it, where emotional resilience is abundantly prioritized over intellectual exchange, going (back) there might be more suitable to their interests, since championing the cultivation of widened empathy and awareness seems to be such a horrendously offensive notion.

These kinds of overreactions are ironically just as absurd as the overinflated "SJW boogeyman" strawmen on which they rest.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:40 am

Fine, I'll drop it.

Goku1000

Post by Goku1000 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 pm

I too was also surprised that Android 17 actually lasted that long against jiren, but he died in a good way...I love how Frieza is just hiding somewhere now LOL
By the way, if you are looking the BEST and most AFFORDABLE Dragonball Merchandise
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND --> Dragonballstar.com

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:40 pm

An average episode, better than the last one, much not by much.

- So Jiren is supposed to be at his full power, well either that or he just wasted our time with all that screaming since he's still on the same level (struggling with Goku, Vegeta and #17) :roll:

- Love that Freeza reference to Jiren by saying the same thing when he was about to be defeated on Namek, but I hate how he came back to be portrayed as a reckless idiot in these last episodes :problem:

- As much as I like backstories I feel like it's kinda off for Belmod to drop that on time limited tournament, but it's all screwed so who cares anyway :lol:

- #17's sacrifice was actually compelling and I was sold to the scene, but like Vegeta's too bad they crapped on later...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?