Super Episode 127 (11 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 127 (11 February 2018)

Post by Arugela » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:53 pm

It will be funny if Belmond secretly has massive hemroids and needs a replacement to get relief. Maybe he uses jiren as his standin fighter to do his job for him under the guise of a justice warrior... You notice he's always sitting down. Although so is jiren. And all that grunting...

Maybe those fiery flames represent the feelings Jiren gets as he stands up or exerts himself too much. He also floats and doesn't sit. Maybe some personal issues from the creators is seeping into the characters or something. Could explain why he hasn't been fighting this whole time. And his sudden character shift when he has to do things and can't rely on the other justice warriors to get everything done...

Like you crushed my hemroids!

*Especially if he has any powers in the end to take on other powers or struggles... Something that lets him even the scales but also pay a price. "He is buttman!"

The look on jirens face could easily be a man with some serious butt pains just lookin for relief! :thumbup: Which could go to his secret wish! :think:

With how old the creators and many voice actors are getting this could easily be the secret backstory behind the entire show. It could have been for a long time.

I believe there have been times where powerups were achieved because of struggles with roids... It's a possibility. Maybe those round spaceships aren't as comfortable as they look either.. It could explain some of the sayians characteristics. And most of Freeza's army. He was stuck in a similar position in hell. Maybe that was his real sin... Genocide isn't exactly a taboo subject in DB/Z/GT/S. Could also explain nappa. He looked like he often suffered from roids... You know the statement, "As above, so below!"

Secondary thought: They need to start sponsoring adult care stuff with DB adds... The creators and viewers are getting old and only getting older. And many funny jokes could be had. like adult diapers with specifically placed characters to make funny character jokes. Or hemroid or antacid relief. Especially portraying many of the characters eating habits. The list goes on.
Last edited by Arugela on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 10 times in total.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 pm

I mean, none of that would really contradict anything....

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:15 pm

What I said? Or what Miracles and ernesth said?!
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Do you guys really think Goku will lose? If that's the case then he didn won that much in this serie. Its even worst in the manga, he only won against the yellow bear in the u6 vs u7 saga!

I so hope Goku wins (clean) this serie deserves that.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 am

Miracles wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:
Miracles wrote:Jiren's wish is still going to be interesting.
I'm betting he's either going to

A. Wish to go back in time so he can stop his village from being slaughtered.
B. Wish to be able to face the villain now so he can defeat them with his current power.
C. Realize 17 was right and that the past cannot be rectified and things happen for a reason thus moving him to wish all erased universes back.

A much more interesting theory I had was that Belmond, in disguise, killed Jiren parents to trick him into going down that path for Belmond's own personal uses. And Jiren's going to realize and change his mindset then beat Belmond's ass. :lol: An unlikely one but it would be a neat sight to see Jiren officially beat a God of Destruction.
lololol
That would be a good twist with Belmond.
I really do believe UI Goku is losing and your third scenario with Jiren realizing what 17 saying is true may be a correct fitting for that.
Definitely, I can't see Jiren loosing. He's barely even broke a sweat thus far. Goku's body has however took such intense damage thus far. Even running on his UI Reserves it definitely wouldn't be enough. Or at least I don't think it should just suddenly get him there. Then again, it might. It's a brand new form. So I wouldn't be mad at this point.

As for the Belmond theory, agreed. It would be a welcome little spice on the story.
Last edited by ernesth100 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Do you guys really think Goku will lose? If that's the case then he didn won that much in this serie. Its even worst in the manga, he only won against the yellow bear in the u6 vs u7 saga!

I so hope Goku wins (clean) this series deserves that.
Actually you're right Goku did loose a lot of fights in this arc. But I know there were more victories than just Botamo. There's also Round 2 with Hit. And the pre-tournament against Bergamo. I think there's others. But Jiren is not an exception considering the situation.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:02 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Yeah I really hated Jirens power up. He feels completely the same as before, if not actually weaker than he was when he first started fighting.
Yes, I agree. If he was at his "full power" now 17 would stand no chance against him
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm

It is so stupid that Jiren cant ko anyone with just a bit of his power. Seems everyone is made out of adamantium and are immune to KO. Jiren went full power, but there is no difference between full power and non full power Jiren. We dont even know how he compares since all they said was wow he is strong.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:09 pm

This episode further proved what I've said a few months back.

Transformations no longer have the same meaning they had in the older series. They're not Powel Level multipliers anymore. They're more like visual metaphors, symbolisms of the effort the character is putting into his attack(s).

When Frieza goes Golden, it no longer means, say, that he's 100,000 times more powerful. It simply means that he's putting some serious effort into his attack. Which is why he's fighting Jiren in 4th stage (which should be laughable if you think about it, his 4th stage couldn't even best Base Goku in the RoF movie) and turns gold for the charging punch (to symbolize that he's putting a lot of weight into that final hit).

Same goes with Vegeta. He's Base in the beginning of the episode to show us he's dead tired, but turns Duper Blue the next minute to show us that despite his exhaustion he's giving it his all.

That's the way Super seems to roll. At least in the ToP. We don't have to like it, but we need to accept it in order to enjoy the last few episodes.

That said, #17 blowing himself up to give Goku and Vegeta ten seconds of rest was beyond retarded.

Also, Frieza seems to have left his intellect back at Toppo's Hakai sphere and is now as brain-dead as he was at the end of the Namek saga. Great.

Though truth be told, all participants act like retards at the moment. Ever since Toppo became a 'God', everyone's intellect took a heavy hit.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:26 pm

You can probably find a better way to phrase much of what you're saying there, Nickolaidas, more in line with our community guidelines.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:You can probably find a better way to phrase much of what you're saying there, Nickolaidas, more in line with our community guidelines.
I'm sorry, how did I broke the forum guidelines again? By calling #17's sacrifice what it was? Can you honestly think of a better word to call a plan which basically boils down to "I'll kill myself in order to give Goku five seconds (literally) to rest"? No seriously, how do you call a plan like that?

I get that this is a DB fansite, and negativity isn't its strongest suit, but still we *should* be allowed to call a spade a spade.

H3ct0r_17

Post by H3ct0r_17 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:You can probably find a better way to phrase much of what you're saying there, Nickolaidas, more in line with our community guidelines.
I'm sorry, how did I broke the forum guidelines again? By calling #17's sacrifice what it was? Can you honestly think of a better word to call a plan which basically boils down to "I'll kill myself in order to give Goku five seconds (literally) to rest"? No seriously, how do you call a plan like that?
He selfdestructed himself in order to create an explosion to nullify Jiren's giant ki blast since it was going to ring him out alongside Goku, Vegeta and Frieza who were in no condition to escape or fight back because they were either defenseless or unconscious.

Guntank

Post by Guntank » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 pm

About Goku and his stamina recovery:
Well let's remember in Z the very first time Goku transformed into a Super Saiyan, he was battered, beaten and with no stamina, when he transformed he regained his stamina back and was able to beat Frieza, I have a strong feeling that this is what's going to happen against Jiren, his UI at full power will be his second wind and probably beat Jiren. Unless super ends in a cliffhanger... which isn't out of the realm of possibility but I highly doubt it they will do that.

thezander

Post by thezander » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 am

The idea that jiren will win is nuts. Goju pointed out that he knows what to do. Blast him while he's unguarded. Thus after image technique and overtake transmission will play a part. Then something has to set off him going ui which will then really mess him up. But goju will learn something very important from this fight

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 pm

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING
Guys, don't worry about 17, he's probably hiding and chillin with Hit in his pocket dimension under the stage
Get Fucked, C_unt

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:

I get that this is a DB fansite, and negativity isn't its strongest suit, but still we *should* be allowed to call a spade a spade.
I don’t think you said anything wrong either. Are we really going to be this PC here now to get upset at the word “retarded” being used?

Because I agree, it was retarded. Even if you don’t factor in the fact that one of the main reasons he did it was to give Goku and Vegeta 5 more seconds of rest (Goku shouldn’t have even said anything so this wouldn’t be as big of a point as it is), why did he even blow himself up when he could have just taken the hit and let Jiren kill him instead, thereby disqualifying him? Surely they could have written this scene where 17 sacrifices himself without getting hit first by Jiren’s attack so this wouldn’t be an issue. To me it really is such a wasted opportunity. A good concept, and a retarded execution, because yeah killing yourself instead of letting someone else kill you in a tournament where killing disqualifies the person is pretty retarded.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Asura wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

I don’t think you said anything wrong either. Are we really going to be this PC here now to get upset at the word “retarded” being used?

Because I agree, it was retarded. Even if you don’t factor in the fact that one of the main reasons he did it was to give Goku and Vegeta 5 more seconds of rest (Goku shouldn’t have even said anything so this wouldn’t be as big of a point as it is), why did he even blow himself up when he could have just taken the hit and let Jiren kill him instead, thereby disqualifying him? Surely they could have written this scene where 17 sacrifices himself without getting hit first by Jiren’s attack so this wouldn’t be an issue. To me it really is such a wasted opportunity. A good concept, and a retarded execution, because yeah killing yourself instead of letting someone else kill you in a tournament where killing disqualifies the person is pretty retarded.
The attack really wasn't meant to be anything lethal, it was just meant to blow everyone off the stage. If it was a lethal attack, he wouldn't have fired it at 3 warriors that were completely unable to defend themselves or even stand.

So taking on the attack wouldn't have prove productive or even won them the tournament, because it would have just knocked them all of.

H3ct0r_17

Post by H3ct0r_17 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Asura wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

How can you be so sure that 17 was going to get killed by Jiren's blast even if he lowered his guard? Jiren isn't that stupid to get himself disqualified because he knew Goku, Vegeta and Frieza were heavily wounded/unconscious.

The blast was going to ring all of them and 17 had to sacrifice to stop Jiren's attack as Supreme Old Kai said, because there was no other option as there was nowhere to run or in condition to fight back.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Okay, let's say I agree that #17's self-destruct was about nullifying Jiren's attack. When in the previous episode Vegeta does the same thing and yet survives (and I'm pretty sure Vegeta's ki explosion is more lethal than #17's), it is pretty weird that #17 dies simply from ki-bursting.

Then again, the fact that it was so fast-paced gives me the impression that #17 is not dead. The Grand Priest simply has mistaken him as dead, just like he did with Goku when he got hit by his own Genki Dama. #17 could be hiding (and may end up being the one who will win the ToP).

We'll see.

Frieza however, acts like a complete fool ever since he got hit by Toppo's hakai sphere. There's no plotting anymore, only mindless charging at the closest enemy. He's like "Damn the rules, and damn my plans, I'm gonna go get shitstomped by the guy I know I can't beat."

And Vegeta. My god, Vegeta. Did he actually cursed #17 for saving his life? And people actually think this ISN'T Cell arc Vegeta all over again? What the hell is going on? Where's that awesome mature Vegeta who was willing to act like a clown before Beerus in order to protect friends and loved ones? A Vegeta who put friendship before pride? Why is he that RRRRRRRRRRR KAKARRRROTTTT!!! idiot again?

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:29 pm

H3ct0r_17 wrote:
Asura wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:

How can you be so sure that 17 was going to get killed by Jiren's blast even if he lowered his guard? Jiren isn't that stupid to get himself disqualified because he knew Goku, Vegeta and Frieza were heavily wounded/unconscious.

The blast was going to ring all of them and 17 had to sacrifice to stop Jiren's attack as Supreme Old Kai said, because there was no other option as there was nowhere to run or in condition to fight back.
There was an entire half an arena left, including beneath them too. There's plenty of arena all over the place. Considering Toppo was literally throwing around destruction which can erase someone from existence, the whole "he wouldn't be stupid enough to actually fire a lethal attack" explanation doesn't really fly anymore. I would have fully agreed with you before 126, but given the atrocious writing we sometimes get, it kinda flips things on its head. The blast wasn't even as big as the area they were standing on, and given we know that there was floor underneath them, the way in which 17 decides to handle this is pretty dumb when you consider how smart he's been in the past. He could have easily just destroyed the floor underneath Goku & Vegeta, or better yet he could have just shielded them with him and then jumped away. We've seen that he can shield other people as well as himself and have them move with him (as he did with Toppo).

The problem with a self sacrifice in a tournament like this, in which no killing is allowed in the first place, means that there should be NO OTHER OPTION AT ALL. Here's an idea as to how you actually make this work. Make it so 17 is down on the ground like Goku & Vegeta and can't move. This limits his mobility meaning there's no chance for him to grab anyone and run away or dodge the attack. Then, put them on the very edge of the rock and emphasize the point that there literally is nowhere to run by showing how there's no other rocks or anything around them. If we completely ignore the emotional side of this sacrifice (which was done poorly too), the sacrifice needs to have logical impact to truly hit the point home that there is nothing else he could have done.

Take Majin Vegeta's sacrifice for example. There was nowhere he could run, nothing he could do, his only chance of winning against Buu was to sacrifice himself for everyone else and go out in a final explosion. There was no other way. Even if we completely ignore the emotional aspect of Vegeta's sacrifice, the sacrifice hits that much harder when you realize this is the only thing he could do. Compare this with 126 where Vegeta does the same move and it's retarded simply because there was no need to even do it. He was already winning against Toppo. If Vegeta actually sacrificed himself there, and ignoring the emotional impact of that scene, the sacrifice would be so laughably stupid because there wasn't enough reason for him to sacrifice himself, and there were many things he could have done without resorting to killing himself.

With the way 17 was handled in this episode, they didn't limit him enough. He was pretty much unharmed the entire episode, and he has infinite energy, meaning he pretty much still has access to his full span of abilities, and given how the scene itself was presented the setting allowed for him to do more than just stand there and kill himself. Making it so Goku & Vegeta can't even move and having 17 defend them and sacrifice himself is a great idea, but like I said when there are inconsistencies and holes in that logic it kinda falls apart.