Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thezander

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by thezander » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Was that initial Dodge where he appeared behind him a use of ultra instinct and instant transmission? That's got to be possible right now he can just take into instant transmission while ultra instinct and not have to spend as much time concentrating.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:28 pm

I was fighting back tears during Vegeta's whole scenes.

Vegeta's flashback to spending time with his family in happier times before the tournament, was very touching. Vegeta even bonding with his newly born daughter.

Vegeta is fighting for his life in present time, and those memories are driving him.

Vegeta cant let those memories be erased (and his loved ones)

In one of the flashbacks, his family is wishing Vegeta good luck before Vegeta is leaving for the tournament.

If only they knew: (

Its ominious and sad to think.

His family wouldve never imagined how Vegeta would go on to be fighting for his life against Jiren in this tournament. They wouldve never known - either - how much Vegeta truly loved them, and how they would be driving Vegeta to keep fighting on during his last moments

No matter what, Vegeta kept getting back up and fighting. Vegeta went out in the best way possible. What heart and warrior spirit from Vegeta.

It was hilarious too how even in Vegeta's head, hes having his back and fourth with Bulma. When Bulam is urging Vegeta on, Vegeta was like "just let me sleep" lol

As Vegeta was getting ringed out, Vegeat was beating himself up for failing on his promises. That was sad too.

But nothing to be ashamed about. Rest easy proud noble prince. Goku wont let you down.

Everything culiminated with Vegeta being ringed out and saying "I leave it all up to you now Kakarot" and giving Goku energy

That was amazing.

It was a subtle way for Super's version of Vegeta to finally admit Goku was superior, amd coming to terms that Goku is the last hope for Universe 7. That was awesome.

Its all up to you know Son Goku

And we even see Goku finally start to realise how all the hope of universe 7 is resting on his shoulders. We see Goku coming to a breakthrough. "I cant let them down. I will not let them down"

Where I was fighting back the tears during Vegeta's emotional moments, I'm not going to lie, Goku's moment had me legit crying.

The suspense and drama as Goku fought on with that little reserve of energy too. I'm just thinking, wow Jiren is a beast. What can Goku do. Noo Son Goku. Is Goku going to get beat up like Vegeta too.

I thought it was brilliant and aboslutely genuis how they had Goku at the literal edge of the cliff about to literally be pushed off the edge, WHILE Goku was metaphorically being pushed to his edge (and off the edge) as well.

As Goku has his head down seemingly accepting his fate, Goku too has a breakthrough

The way Goku started recalling everyone who is counting on him...everyone who is pinning all their hopes on Goku....that was simply amazing....and it literally had me crying...That music playing was so melodic. It fit perfectly to really drive home the emotion.

Goku fought on for his loved ones and his universe, too.

Goku thought of them all being erased. And refusing to let them down (along with Goku being beaten past his limit) it drove Goku past the limit

UI Omen Goku was finally awakened

My goodness it was incredibly epic.

The way Goku teleports behind Jiren, slowly begins to lift his head up, and then open his eyes to reveal the silver eyes, before transforming to OMEN, was unbelievably freaking epic

That counter hook to the body Omen Goky landed was AWESOME

Its finally here. This is what we have all been waiting for. Lets go Son Goku baby. Goku's mastered UI form looked freaking amazing btw.

I'm soooo hyped right now. I cant wait. The legendary Son Goku!!! Lets do this

Truly truly amazing episode with incredible emotional beats. And next week looks ever better with Mastered UI Goku vs Jiren

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:36 pm

Pretty weak episode, could have done so much more with Vegeta this episode, everything that happened with him could have been accomplished in 2 minutes. Him giving energy to Goku didn't even really have any impact. The flashbacks meant nothing because they already did that multiple times in previous episodes.

Goku going UI could have been ten times better with little effort. He should have been pushed to his limit to be forced into UI not just going UI from a generic charged punch from Jiren that they've been tanking in base form for multiple episodes.

The ending is feeling more and more rushed each episode.

3/10

Funniest part is Jiren saying play time is over then not fighting any differently and literally just toying with him for half the episode.
Last edited by Zagacious on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:37 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:What was the purpose of this episode? What was its usefulness in the plot?

Goku awaken the UI? Well, he could do it on EP 129 himself.

Half of the EP was Vegeta being beaten in base form. Jiren could have defeated him with a punch.

The flashbacks were not as motivational as they should be. This whole story of promise should have propelled him far more than what was shown.
It could just happen to the same thing that happened against Toppo.
Beerus did not tell Vegeta anything he had not said to all the U7 warriors.

Vegeta had a good participation in the tournament, but a pathetic and disappointing farewell
Inconsistency's mate. A tiny bit of energy from a depleted Vegeta turned goku ssjb. Dont expect anything from this show especially a good farewell to a character.

I'm legitimately surprised at how bad this show is.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Image
This is the type of action I've been missing in the ToP for a while. So flashy and over the top.
I like how the power from Goku's kick causes explosions. Mastered UI is going to be epic on the power scale.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Truly such an amazing emotional episode tonight

Goku's breakthrough which lead to Omen re-awakening - as Goku was recalling everyone counting on him (and with that beautiful piano playing) had me legit crying

I'm not afraid to admit that lol

Such an awesome iconic moment

Toshio also wrote episode 116 which was emotional too. Toshio is incredible at emotional episodes.

I'm still soo hyped right now. Mastered UI Goku is amazing. Hes gonna tool Jiren. Thank you again Toriyama/Toei

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:44 pm

amuroray wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:What was the purpose of this episode? What was its usefulness in the plot?

Half of the EP was Vegeta being beaten in base form. Jiren could have defeated him with a punch.

The flashbacks were not as motivational as they should be. This whole story of promise should have propelled him far more than what was shown.

Vegeta had a good participation in the tournament, but a pathetic and disappointing farewell
Inconsistency's mate. A tiny bit of energy from a depleted Vegeta turned goku ssjb. Dont expect anything from this show especially a good farewell to a character.

Super is the new GT, excellent ideas run through the mud by awful execution. I'm really curious (more like trainwreck curious) to see how they wrap everything up.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:47 pm

Ever since Goku vs Kefla the TOP has just been a snore, and at this point I have to force myself to care.

I know Dragon ball is about Goku, but it's like the writers still think we're going to be amazed and shocked that he gets this asspull completed UI and that he's going to win it. I knew Vegeta was not gonna win, but Toei doing another vegeta beat down is just weak. I thought this plot actually would be where the writers actually tried something different but this just practically retreads every other saga. Legit I think Toei believes we're all reacting like the Zenos, when really it's just difficult to keep invested given how painfully predictable this has been.

Even DBZ wasn't this bad when it came to forced Goku butt-kissery. At this rate, I'm glad the show is ending because Super is just one massive disappointment. They could at least pretend that this isn't really a surprise anymore.

I'm just watching because I'm so far in I might as well see how it ends, and I'm sure Toei will continue to think that Super is so amazing given how well it's performing in Japan. Even the fantastic funi dub won't be able to salvage this, unless they change the dialog to where Krllin is like "what a shocker Goku is winning!"

thezander

Post by thezander » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:49 pm

Oh snap The punch downs weren't for nothing Vegeta tried this before he thought it's the way to ui. Goku heard loud and clear that he needs to get pummeled with punches in order to unlock crazy super star mode.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 pm

Zagacious wrote: He should have been pushed to his limit to be forced into UI not just going UI from a generic charged punch from Jiren that they've been tanking in base form multiple episodes.
That wasnt all there was to it

Remember Goku recalling everyone who was counting on him and pinning their hopes on Goku's shoulders?

It was Goku realizing that, and comimg to a breakthrough, refusing to let them down, that also lead to re-awakening Omen

Keep in mind Goku has already been in Omen twice.

I really dont understand your complaint. I'm all for justified criticism, but at least pay attention and make legit points based on what was actually being shown. You feel me?

I'm suprised how no one has been able to spot how Goku was literally being pushed off a literal edge as he was metaphorically being pushed off his egde.

People will nit pick the smallest things of Super, but never seem to notice the small things the other way around. That was really cool
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:03 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Zagacious wrote: He should have been pushed to his limit to be forced into UI not just going UI from a generic charged punch from Jiren that they've been tanking in base form multiple episodes.
Errr thats not what awakened Omen

Did you just completely miss or ignore Goku recallimg everyone who was counting on him and pinning their hopes on Goku's shoulders

It was Goku realizing that, and comimg to a breakthrough, refusing to let them down, that re-awakened Omen

Such a weird complaint. I'm all for justified criticism, but at least pay attention and make legit points based on what was actually being shown

Btw, I'm suprised how no one has been able to spot how Goku was literally being pushed off a literal edge as he was metaphorically being pushed off his egde.

People will nit pick the smallest things of Super, but never seem to notice the small things the other way around
The memories and motivations behind it don't change the fact that it was literally seconds after Jiren tried a charged punch on Goku , which they've been tanking for multiple episodes, the timing of it made no sense whatsoever. The emotional reasons were there but it didn't match what was actually happening at all.

Seeing as you posted 4 times about how awesome you think unlocking UI was again you clearly got wrapped up in the emotions and you are the one not paying attention. Borderline spamming, and using statements like "everyone else agrees with me except this forum" aren't giving you any credibility
Last edited by Zagacious on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:06 am

amuroray wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:What was he purpose of this episode? What was its usefulness in the plot?

One tiny inconsistency doesn't make the whole show bad nor did it make this episode bad.

Every where else people are loving the episode.

I truly wonder whats going on. Has there even been an episode that was universally liked on this forum?

I dont get how these people who appearently hate Super so much, still post about it, and still watch it. No one is forcing you to watch. Why spend so much energy on negativity? Being positive will make you a better person too. You dont need to keep watching something you hate
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:09 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
amuroray wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:What was he purpose of this episode? What was its usefulness in the plot?

One tiny inconsistency doesn't make the whole show bad nor did it make this episode bad.

Every where else people are loving the episode.

I truly wonder whats going on. Has there even been an episode that was universally liked on this forum?

I dont get how these people who appearently hate Super so much, still post about it, and still watch it. No one is forcing you to watch. Why spend so much energy on negativity? Being positive will make you a better person too. Just stop watching Super if you hate it so much
Wow, did you interview every single person who watched the episode? Impressive.

Criticism is a crucial aspect in the entertainment industry, otherwise garbage like this episode would be the standard for entertainment. It's what keeps entertainers on their toes and promotes quality. Your argument of "if you hate it so much why do you watch it" is a tired and overused response to what's usually valid criticism.

You have the right to your opinion, but so do others, and I don't think anyone else is chiding you for liking the episode as you are chiding us for not liking it.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 am

Zagacious wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Errr thats not what awakened Omen

Did you just completely miss or ignore Goku recallimg everyone who was counting on him and pinning their hopes on Goku's shoulders

It was Goku realizing that, and comimg to a breakthrough, refusing to let them down, that re-awakened Omen

Such a weird complaint. I'm all for justified criticism, but at least pay attention and make legit points based on what was actually being shown

Btw, I'm suprised how no one has been able to spot how Goku was literally being pushed off a literal edge as he was metaphorically being pushed off his egde.

People will nit pick the smallest things of Super, but never seem to notice the small things the other way around
The memories and motivations behind it don't change the fact that it was literally seconds after Jiren tried a charged punch on Goku , which they've been tanking for multiple episodes, the timing of it made no sense whatsoever. The emotional reasons were there but it didn't match what was actually happening at all. Seeing as you posted 4 times about how awesome you think unlocking UI was again you clearly got wrapped up in the emotions and you are the one not paying attention.
It was brilliant how Goku was being pushed off a LITERAL edge while metaphorically being pushed off the edge

You shouldve been paying attention

If that punch had landed Goku was being ringed out. It brought out a flight or fight response, and Goku realizing how everyone was counting on him, brought out the FIGHT response....And to fight back Goku's body needed to re-awaken Omen..made perfect sense....I loved it. It will be an iconic scene IMO. There were other things you couldve nit picked to hate on. This wasnt one of them

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Zagacious wrote:The memories and motivations behind it don't change the fact that it was literally seconds after Jiren tried a charged punch on Goku , which they've been tanking for multiple episodes, the timing of it made no sense whatsoever. The emotional reasons were there but it didn't match what was actually happening at all. Seeing as you posted 4 times about how awesome you think unlocking UI was again you clearly got wrapped up in the emotions and you are the one not paying attention.
It was brilliant how Goku was being pushed off a LITERAL edge while metaphorically being pushed off the edge

You shouldve been paying attention

If that punch had landed Goku was being ringed out. It brought out a flight or fight response, and Goku realizing how everyone was counting on him, brought out the FIGHT response....And to fight back Goku's body needed to re-awaken Omen..made perfect sense....I loved it. It will be an iconic scene IMO. There were other things you couldve nit picked to hate on. This wasnt one of them
They've been on the edges of rocks ever since Toppo Hakai everything. There's no indication Goku would have been knocked out, they totally ruined that moment. The flashbacks and Vegeta yelling were the only good parts, but the physical action of how it happened made no sense at all. It'd be like Jiren firing a random energy blast and that triggering UI.
Last edited by Zagacious on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:23 am

amuroray wrote:

ps

Now that I think about. It wasnt even an inconsistency.

Its all just headcanon.

How would you know how much energy it takes to transform into blue?

How do you know how much energy Vegeta gave Goku?

Isn't the whole point of blue to be as efficient as possible - utilizing and waisting as little energy as possible.

It could easily make sense.

At the end of the day, its just nit picks and doenst take away from the good imo

That stands for everything in real life really. Personally I'm just not a negative unhappy cyncial person. I can see the positive in things. I'm generally very happy and just appreciate the good in most things
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:25 am

5/10. The only good things were Vegeta finally being eliminated and Goku going back into UI. Everything else was pretty bad. Vegeta lost in a pathetic way after supposedly unlocking power beyond Gods. He should have gone out in 126, but the DB tradition of him putting over Goku must continue. Jiren is arguably one of the worst antagonists written in shounen. Very generic and bland personality. No mention of Freeza.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:28 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
amuroray wrote:

ps

Its all just headcanon.

Isn't the whole point of blue to be as efficient as possible - utilizing and wasting as little energy as possible.

At the end of the day, its just nit picks and doenst take away from the good imo

That stands for everything in real life really. Personally I'm just not a negative unhappy cyncial person. I can see the positive in things. I'm generally very happy and just appreciate the good in everything
He shouldn't have given him much energy considering that Vegeta himself couldn't even go SSJ. Goku going into SSB after that was cringe worthy. They should have had Jiren just beat up on Base Form the whole time until he unlocked UI.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:31 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
amuroray wrote:

ps

Its all just headcanon.

Isn't the whole point of blue to be as efficient as possible - utilizing and wasting as little energy as possible.

That stands for everything in real life really. Personally I'm just not a negative unhappy cyncial person. I can see the positive in things. I'm generally very happy and just appreciate the good in everything
It's simple math. Vegeta didn't have enough energy to go SSJ, the lowest of the transformations they have now, but after sending goku energy he was able to SSB, one of the highest forms they have. Goku wasn't able to go SSG until part way through his fight with Kaulifla and Kale, which was also BS but w/e

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:32 am

It was fine, Vegeta’s moment was pretty good. Goku unlocking Ultra Instinct again was expected. Other than that, there wasn’t anything noteworthy. The animation wasn’t good, and the storyboard was poor. Next episode is the start of the final showdown, and it looks pretty decent. Lets just end this already.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.