Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Asura wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
You are just as over-opinionated and emotional: )
I don't think so. While I've definitely had passionate arguments about Super in the past (whether I was the one calling an episode garbage, or someone else was calling an episode garbage that I thought was great) at the end of the day, it's just a children's cartoon show. I've probably ever only gotten emotionally annoyed once, when I made a thread dedicated to discussing the positive aspects of the arc (since there's so many threads, or at least were, that were constantly shitting on the arc) and some people came in and derailed it and made it into yet another negative thread about the show which had me rather peeved.

Otherwise though, I enjoy arguing with people. It's fun trying to see the other person's side and where they're coming from. The important thing to realize though is that at the end of the day everyone has their opinions. Sure, it's annoying to see so much negativity compared to positivity in this arc sometimes, to the point where I've also argued that other communities view the arc positively and here on Kanzenshuu most people view it negatively, but the truth is that negative voices simply speak the loudest, but don't always represent reality. In a poll I did here asking for people's ratings on this arc a few weeks ago, the #1, #2, and #3 responses were 7/10, 6/10, and 8/10 respectively, although 4/10 was very much up there too, it wasn't close to first place, more closer to 3rd. Someone manipulated the poll like 2 or 3 days later into having 1/10 in like, 2nd place, and it was very obvious given it went from 1 vote to 20 votes overnight. Pretty sad, but it's fine since I got the legit results before that happened.

What I'd say differs between us however is that sometimes you get a little too passionate about the show, and you go way overboard with trying to get people to like an episode, that's pretty evident simply by the amount of posts you make. I don't dislike you and I hope I didn't give off that impression, I just think you need to chill a little and take your own advice about accepting the opinions of others. Challenging other people's opinions is fine, but getting so passionate about trying to make people view things your way just isn't going to work. I've had so many arguments end where the other person just says "We're not going to see eye to eye on this issue" and yeah, it's basically true. I can tell you an episode is shit, you can tell me it's the most amazing episode in the entirety of the franchise. With two complete polar opposite viewpoints like that, we could argue all day but probably won't ever find middle ground. Argue enough to get the other person to explain the rationale behind their opinion, and counter it with your opinions, but just know that you probably won't be changing their mind.

You're fine though, just tone it down a notch. Being passionate about something is good, but sometimes when someone is overly passionate about something and constantly expressing it, it might get on other people's nerves. Also, please fix your post structure, it's very hard to read sometimes when you stretch out a few sentences that have the same length as a post like this and I have way more content in my post just in terms of word count, yet the size of our posts wind up being the same.

Oh, and no I don't think I saw your reply, or at least I'm not sure what you're referring to.
I dont have time to read all this. I'm prety busy. I'll leave a quick response. I'll come back and read it later

Will just say, I agree, we arent completely similar. I actually havent been emotional. I've been calm this whole time and just discussing

I'm just happy, positive, and hyped lol

I wouldnt name call or call anyone delusional in this thread though. You shouldnt do that my friend. You also shouldnt be making fun of people either. Theres ways we all can improve. Theres things you can tone down as well. But nice talk. Try and stay positive: )

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Same goes for this thread as well as the Announcement and Discussion thread. Enough is enough with the childish back and forths. Account strikes are being issued. If you can't keep it civil without the need of a babysitter, temp bans will be up next for you.

I suggest everyone brush up on what's expected of you via the forum's rules.

And ZenkaiBoosts, reign it in on the posting. This isn't a social media site. There's no need for 4 posts in a row from you. You are capable of quoting multiple people from the reply page. Take your time, consolidate your thoughts, and format your posts properly before making them.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Somewhat good episode, but mostly because of how it ended.

- So after the almost suicidal attack on Toppo and fighting the entire next episode with his shiny form, now that Vegeta's Ki finally depleted? Seems legit.

- Okay, we all know since this arc start that Jiren will lose the battle, but can't they at least make that convincing to the audience? I mean come on, what's the need for Jiren to toy with Goku and Vegeta as both are worn out? This episode give me the impression that he could just grab them by the leg and throw them out of the ring, anytime he wanted, but yea for plot reasons he's not allowed to do so, all right :problem:

- I'm the only who thinks a black eye on Vegeta doesn't fit to the moment? Remember the last time we saw those? Yes, Gotenks, the first time he fought Majin Boo and that was supposed to be a comic relief.

- Jiren was getting kinda brutal while beating Goku up, too bad it didn't had any blood.

- Yeah right, after all that toying we finally get into the moment Goku activates the Ultra Instinct again, an anime cliché, but I won't lie that got me chills and that punch on Jiren was pretty satysfyng :thumbup:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?