Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:05 am

Diccolo-420 wrote:
Asura wrote:Yeah, having like 4 or 5 fucking episodes dedicated to Vegeta in like a 6 episode span is just absurd and has really kinda put a bad taste on the finale thus far. What's even worse about all this Vegeta attention is it's so sudden. Vegeta literally had no build up or even that much involvement in this entire arc, and then all of a sudden he's basically become the main character for the past 6 episodes while being given a new transformation only unique to him.

It's like they forgot to actually do anything with Vegeta during the arc and now they're trying to make up for lost time by giving him way too much spotlight in the finale. It's not really even good spotlight either. He's repeated the same speech and hit the same notes at least 3 times now, and I know for a fact he's already mentioned "muh bulma" and "muh cabba" three times. Once during his Royal asspull transformation, again at his sacrifice fake out, and now in this episode too.

Vegeta's been written so horribly this arc. Probably the worst writing he's ever received in the franchise. Still, the writing for how he went out in this episode was good, but it's a bit soured on since like I said, he's already said all this shit three times.
I mean, it's only fair since Goku's gotten asspull after asspull to this point :P
It all makes sense now. I truly wonder how many of the people calling this episode awful are just disgruntled Vegeta fans mad that Vegeta got eliminated. Theres no reason to be mad. Vegeta GOT WAY MORE shine then what was warrented. Vegeta shouldve been eliminated a long time ago...yet continued to get shine, wins, asspulls and epic farewells. Enough was enough with Vegeta. Vegeta had his time and more. Its all about Goku now.

Its interesting to note that the overwhelming majority across twitter/reddit/youtube are loving this episode and are super hyped over Mastered UI Goku etc

The scene of Goku being pushed off a literal edge while metaphorically being pushed off the edge, recalling everybody who was counting on him and re-awakening Omen...will probably be one of the most inconic scenes in Dragon Ball... until Goku transforms into mastered UI next episode: )

Its also interesting to note how when ever I see someone saying this episode was garbage, a lot of those people have AVs of Jiren and Vegeta

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:09 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
Asura wrote:Yeah, having like 4 or 5 fucking episodes dedicated to Vegeta in like a 6 episode span is just absurd and has really kinda put a bad taste on the finale thus far. What's even worse about all this Vegeta attention is it's so sudden. Vegeta literally had no build up or even that much involvement in this entire arc, and then all of a sudden he's basically become the main character for the past 6 episodes while being given a new transformation only unique to him.

It's like they forgot to actually do anything with Vegeta during the arc and now they're trying to make up for lost time by giving him way too much spotlight in the finale. It's not really even good spotlight either. He's repeated the same speech and hit the same notes at least 3 times now, and I know for a fact he's already mentioned "muh bulma" and "muh cabba" three times. Once during his Royal asspull transformation, again at his sacrifice fake out, and now in this episode too.

Vegeta's been written so horribly this arc. Probably the worst writing he's ever received in the franchise. Still, the writing for how he went out in this episode was good, but it's a bit soured on since like I said, he's already said all this shit three times.
I mean, it's only fair since Goku's gotten asspull after asspull to this point :P
It all makes sense now. I truly wonder how many of the people calling this episode awful are just disgruntled Vegeta fans mad that Vegeta got eliminated. Theres no reason to be mad. Vegeta GOT WAY MORE shine then what was warrented. Vegeta shouldve been eliminated a long time ago...yet continued to get shine, wins, asspulls and epic farewells. Enough was enough with Vegeta. Vegeta had his time and more. Its all about Goku now.

Its interesting to note that the overwhelming majority across twitter/reddit/youtube are loving this episode and are super hyped over Mastered UI Goku etc

The scene of Goku being pushed off a literal edge while metaphorically being pushed off the edge, recalling everybody who was counting on him and re-awakening Omen...will probably be one of the most inconic scenes in Dragon Ball... until Goku transforms into mastered UI next episode: )

Its also interesting to note how when ever I see someone saying this episode was garbage, a lot of those people have AVs of Jiren and Vegeta
Ad populum and ad hominem in one go, you're really on a mission to discredit yourself aren't you. Stop trying to attack people who disliked the episode and provide counter points that aren't loaded with fallacies and you might do better for yourself.
Asura wrote:For people who were disappointed in Vegeta's elimination, what would you have done different specifically for this episode? Like, if you can't change any of the events in the previous episodes but could rewrite this entire episode, how would you have Vegeta go out?

I'm curious because I personally don't see what else they really could have done with him in this episode. Obviously given the chance I'd have rewritten every episode after 122 in terms of Vegeta, but unfortunately we've gotta live with that.
I personally would have been happy with both Vegeta and Goku fighting Jiren together and winning because it's exactly what the show was building towards. The show starts when Vegeta and Goku refuse to work together and Whis repeatedly states how the two would be unbeatable and stronger if they did, thus it would be both satisfying and unconventional in that it is a 2v1 finale rather than a 1v1.
Last edited by Diccolo-420 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:13 am

julianix wrote:This episode was really bad :thumbdown: :wtf:

How could they underwhelm so badly this late in the game. Shouldn't all these episodes be on point by now.

Vegetas ending wasn't meaningful, in fact it was the same exact thing we've always seen out of vegeta..but worse. How is that possible?.


Jiren has no personality if this is who he is.. then no thanks. Keep him. Move on to the chapter of the story asap. A long delay after this..ouch :eh:
I have to agree with these sentiments

Too many episodes were waisted on Vegeta

Vegeta shouldve been eliminated much sooner

The Omen Goku vs Jiren rematch shouldve happened much sooner so that we could have gotten more episodes of it and Mastered UI Goku vs Jiren

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:23 am

Diccolo-420 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
I mean, it's only fair since Goku's gotten asspull after asspull to this point :P
It all makes sense now. I truly wonder how many of the people calling this episode awful are just disgruntled Vegeta fans mad that Vegeta got eliminated. Theres no reason to be mad. Vegeta GOT WAY MORE shine then what was warrented. Vegeta shouldve been eliminated a long time ago...yet continued to get shine, wins, asspulls and epic farewells. Enough was enough with Vegeta. Vegeta had his time and more. Its all about Goku now.

Its interesting to note that the overwhelming majority across twitter/reddit/youtube are loving this episode and are super hyped over Mastered UI Goku etc

The scene of Goku being pushed off a literal edge while metaphorically being pushed off the edge, recalling everybody who was counting on him and re-awakening Omen...will probably be one of the most inconic scenes in Dragon Ball... until Goku transforms into mastered UI next episode: )

Its also interesting to note how when ever I see someone saying this episode was garbage, a lot of those people have AVs of Jiren and Vegeta
Asura wrote:For people who were disappointed in Vegeta's elimination, what would you have done different specifically for this episode? Like, if you can't change any of the events in the previous episodes but could rewrite this entire episode, how would you have Vegeta go out?

I'm curious because I personally don't see what else they really could have done with him in this episode. Obviously given the chance I'd have rewritten every episode after 122 in terms of Vegeta, but unfortunately we've gotta live with that.
I personally would have been happy with both Vegeta and Goku fighting Jiren together and winning because it's exactly what the show was building towards. The show starts when Vegeta and Goku refuse to work together and Whis repeatedly states how the two would be unbeatable and stronger if they did, thus it would be both satisfying and unconventional in that it is a 2v1 finale rather than a 1v1.
1. Vegeta had nothing left. How did you expect him to not only survive, but to be able to start helping out effectively in the incapacitated state he was in. Vegeta wouldve been nothing but a hinderence to Goku. Even Vegeta himself came to this realization. "Its all up to you now Kakarot"....Vegeta did everything he could...and contributed in a big way the only way he could...him giving Goku energy gave Goku and U7 a last fighting chance...and Goku siezed it by later re-awakwning Omen


2. Team battles was getting repetitive. It needed to end with Goku vs Jiren 1 vs 1.....a call back to the classics....Goku and Jiren are far and away the 2 strongest there. So its only logical it would come down to them just against each other too


3. Actually, the tournament of power had clearly been forshadowing a Goku vs Jiren rematch to end it all. The arc was all about Goku breaking his limits, surpassing his previous threshholds, and closing the gap against Jiren until surpassing Jiren

I couldnt be happier. Episode 129 is looking out of this world amazing. Just wait and see before already writing it off just because your fav character was eliminated.

User avatar
Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:21 am

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:35 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
Asura wrote:Yeah, having like 4 or 5 fucking episodes dedicated to Vegeta in like a 6 episode span is just absurd and has really kinda put a bad taste on the finale thus far. What's even worse about all this Vegeta attention is it's so sudden. Vegeta literally had no build up or even that much involvement in this entire arc, and then all of a sudden he's basically become the main character for the past 6 episodes while being given a new transformation only unique to him.

It's like they forgot to actually do anything with Vegeta during the arc and now they're trying to make up for lost time by giving him way too much spotlight in the finale. It's not really even good spotlight either. He's repeated the same speech and hit the same notes at least 3 times now, and I know for a fact he's already mentioned "muh bulma" and "muh cabba" three times. Once during his Royal asspull transformation, again at his sacrifice fake out, and now in this episode too.

Vegeta's been written so horribly this arc. Probably the worst writing he's ever received in the franchise. Still, the writing for how he went out in this episode was good, but it's a bit soured on since like I said, he's already said all this shit three times.
I mean, it's only fair since Goku's gotten asspull after asspull to this point :P
It all makes sense now. I truly wonder how many of the people calling this episode awful are just disgruntled Vegeta fans mad that Vegeta got eliminated. Theres no reason to be mad. Vegeta GOT WAY MORE shine then what was warrented. Vegeta shouldve been eliminated a long time ago...yet continued to get shine, wins, asspulls and epic farewells. Enough was enough with Vegeta. Vegeta had his time and more. Its all about Goku now.

Its interesting to note that the overwhelming majority across twitter/reddit/youtube are loving this episode and are super hyped over Mastered UI Goku etc

The scene of Goku being pushed off a literal edge while metaphorically being pushed off the edge, recalling everybody who was counting on him and re-awakening Omen...will probably be one of the most inconic scenes in Dragon Ball... until Goku transforms into mastered UI next episode: )

Its also interesting to note how when ever I see someone saying this episode was garbage, a lot of those people have AVs of Jiren and Vegeta

Us Vegeta fans DIDNT WANT MORE. We wanted more polished. We wanted a better exit. We were plainly duped by a full on lie about something cool. In Hindsight most Vegeta fans would have been happy to see vegeta die while taking out GoD Toppo. This just sucked.

Its not about Quantity. Its more about Quality.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:39 am

Zagacious wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Every where else people are loving the episode.

We should all be able to discuss critically and respectfully.....but sadly, its just one side dominating all the conversation amd asserting their opinions as objective truths and facts "its garbage. super is garbage. Anyone who likes it is wrong"
You do realize you are the only one acting like this ? You are acting exactly like the behavior you're describing. You haven't said very many actual arguments you're just saying people are wrong and you are right. When presented with actual arguments the best you can come up with is everybody loves it except this forum. You've posted the most of anyone here and contributed the least.
Yeah no. I'm not the one acting like this

I actually backed up my arguments telling you WHY Goku actually did awaken Omen

You are the one who completely left out or ignored a crucial part of Goku recalling everyone counting on him

You didmt have to like it. Thats not any issue. Its you leaving out elements of that scene and misinterpreting it


Even Asura layed out a great post telling you that your opinion on Goku getting Omen wasnt well informed


You simply need to relax

User avatar
Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:30 am
Location: Norway

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by Mercenary » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:40 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Good episode.

I enjoyed their being lasting effects of Vegeta actually out of power, and I very much enjoyed that Vegeta didn't go down with expressing his resolve. The flashbacks to his family and Cabba were a nice touch. Giving his last bit of energy to Goku before being eliminated and leaving the rest to Goku was a great character moment for. Overall, I'd say Vegeta had a really great tournament. Couldn't have really asked more from him.

The emergence of Ultra Instinct again really reminded me of that moment in Battle Of Gods where Goku mental hears the names of all of friends and family calling his name and it awakened Super Saiyan God again. Great moment.

This episode as a whole was just Jiren beating the shit out Goku and Vegeta until the last 4 minutes, but it wasn't any worse for that because I really enjoy seeing Jiren fight and the other content that came with it.

Sorry, but weren't you one who said that Vegeta "went out like a chump"?

Because what you're saying now kinda contradicts that view.

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:43 am

I think Mozilla Vulpix made a good point that people were reading way too much into that tweet by Toshio. "Cool Vegeta" doesn't mean he gets to beat Jiren or get UI and go out in a blaze of glory. People were hyping themselves up for months over that tweet, and now here we are in the aftermath with fans of a certain character going after Toshio on Twitter. Toshio has no control over the direction of the story.

User avatar
wolflonnie
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:57 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by wolflonnie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:46 am

I swear people are never content. They overhype themselves, only to face disappointment. Every damn time.
The episode was amazing. Vegeta deserves every bit of respect for resisting against Jiren until the very end.

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:48 am

Mercenary wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Good episode.

I enjoyed their being lasting effects of Vegeta actually out of power, and I very much enjoyed that Vegeta didn't go down with expressing his resolve. The flashbacks to his family and Cabba were a nice touch. Giving his last bit of energy to Goku before being eliminated and leaving the rest to Goku was a great character moment for. Overall, I'd say Vegeta had a really great tournament. Couldn't have really asked more from him.

The emergence of Ultra Instinct again really reminded me of that moment in Battle Of Gods where Goku mental hears the names of all of friends and family calling his name and it awakened Super Saiyan God again. Great moment.

This episode as a whole was just Jiren beating the shit out Goku and Vegeta until the last 4 minutes, but it wasn't any worse for that because I really enjoy seeing Jiren fight and the other content that came with it.

Sorry, but weren't you one who said that Vegeta "went out like a chump"?

Because what you're saying now kinda contradicts that view.
Not really. Even with all of those moments, he still ended up going out like a chump. The guy couldn't even transform into a SSJ anymore and inflicted absolutely zero damage on Jiren.

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1312
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by nato25 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:48 am

Is false super saiyan from movie 4 a prequel to ultra instinct haha.

I wonder if goku will be able to master ultra instinct and transform into it naturally without being forced to the brink.

User avatar
GamerSkull
Regular
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:45 pm
Location: United States

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by GamerSkull » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:48 am

I enjoyed the latter half of the episode.

The first half was kind of boring and dragged on a bit too long. I also think Vegeta probably should have gone out with Toppo like others have said. It was nice to hear Hiromi Tauru one last time but since I’m not a fan of the VegeBul ship at all, it didn’t really move me... and I’m also tired of Vegeta’s speeches now.

Aside from that, this episode was better than the last few we had but I’m looking forward to seeing UI Goku and Jiren go at each other.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:[/quote"Diccolo-420"]

I mean, it's only fair since Goku's gotten asspull after asspull to this point :P
It all makes sense now. I truly wonder how many of the people calling this episode awful are just disgruntled Vegeta fans mad that Vegeta got eliminated. Theres no reason to be mad. Vegeta GOT WAY MORE shine then what was warrented. Vegeta shouldve been eliminated a long time ago...yet continued to get shine, wins, asspulls and epic farewells. Enough was enough with Vegeta. Vegeta had his time and more. Its all about Goku now.

Its interesting to note that the overwhelming majority across twitter/reddit/youtube are loving this episode and are super hyped over Mastered UI Goku etc

The scene of Goku being pushed off a literal edge while metaphorically being pushed off the edge, recalling everybody who was counting on him and re-awakening Omen...will probably be one of the most inconic scenes in Dragon Ball... until Goku transforms into mastered UI next episode: )

Its also interesting to note how when ever I see someone saying this episode was garbage, a lot of those people have AVs of Jiren and Vegeta

Us Vegeta fans DIDNT WANT MORE. We wanted more polished. We wanted a better exit. We were plainly duped by a full on lie about something cool. In Hindsight most Vegeta fans would have been happy to see vegeta die while taking out GoD Toppo. This just sucked.

Its not about Quantity. Its more about Quality.[/quote]

Youre preaching to the choir my friend. I was saying back then that 126 shouldve been Vegeta's elimination episode

I think given everything, Vegeta went out in the best way possible

What could they have done? Vegeta was done for and never had any hope of beating Jiren

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1312
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by nato25 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:51 am

Kaiosama wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Good episode.

I enjoyed their being lasting effects of Vegeta actually out of power, and I very much enjoyed that Vegeta didn't go down with expressing his resolve. The flashbacks to his family and Cabba were a nice touch. Giving his last bit of energy to Goku before being eliminated and leaving the rest to Goku was a great character moment for. Overall, I'd say Vegeta had a really great tournament. Couldn't have really asked more from him.

The emergence of Ultra Instinct again really reminded me of that moment in Battle Of Gods where Goku mental hears the names of all of friends and family calling his name and it awakened Super Saiyan God again. Great moment.

This episode as a whole was just Jiren beating the shit out Goku and Vegeta until the last 4 minutes, but it wasn't any worse for that because I really enjoy seeing Jiren fight and the other content that came with it.

Sorry, but weren't you one who said that Vegeta "went out like a chump"?

Because what you're saying now kinda contradicts that view.
Not really. Even with all of those moments, he still ended up going out like a chump. The guy couldn't even transform into a SSJ anymore and inflicted absolutely zero damage on Jiren.
He went out fine he has a laundry list of achievements before then and I love that he tried to break his arm and then gave goku what tiny energy he had left.

And praise the lord stamina meant something this week. Vegeta being unable to transform was awesome and I think its interesting we learned you need more strength to transform than fire a final flash.

Lol at vegetas boot edge saving him as well haha.

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:51 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Zagacious wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Every where else people are loving the episode.

We should all be able to discuss critically and respectfully.....but sadly, its just one side dominating all the conversation amd asserting their opinions as objective truths and facts "its garbage. super is garbage. Anyone who likes it is wrong"
You do realize you are the only one acting like this ? You are acting exactly like the behavior you're describing. You haven't said very many actual arguments you're just saying people are wrong and you are right. When presented with actual arguments the best you can come up with is everybody loves it except this forum. You've posted the most of anyone here and contributed the least.
Yeah no. I'm not the one acting like this

I actually backed up my arguments telling you WHY Goku actually did awaken Omen

You are the one who completely left out or ignored a crucial part of Goku recalling everyone counting on him

You didmt have to like it. Thats not any issue. Its you leaving out elements of that scene and misinterpreting it


Even Asura layed out a great post telling you that your opinion on Goku getting Omen wasnt well informed


You simply need to relax
No, you really are the only one acting like this in this thread constantly attacking anyone for having a different view and then throwing ad hominem their way
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: It all makes sense now. I truly wonder how many of the people calling this episode awful are just disgruntled Vegeta fans mad that Vegeta got eliminated. Theres no reason to be mad. Vegeta GOT WAY MORE shine then what was warrented. Vegeta shouldve been eliminated a long time ago...yet continued to get shine, wins, asspulls and epic farewells. Enough was enough with Vegeta. Vegeta had his time and more. Its all about Goku now.

Its interesting to note that the overwhelming majority across twitter/reddit/youtube are loving this episode and are super hyped over Mastered UI Goku etc

The scene of Goku being pushed off a literal edge while metaphorically being pushed off the edge, recalling everybody who was counting on him and re-awakening Omen...will probably be one of the most inconic scenes in Dragon Ball... until Goku transforms into mastered UI next episode: )

Its also interesting to note how when ever I see someone saying this episode was garbage, a lot of those people have AVs of Jiren and Vegeta
Asura wrote:For people who were disappointed in Vegeta's elimination, what would you have done different specifically for this episode? Like, if you can't change any of the events in the previous episodes but could rewrite this entire episode, how would you have Vegeta go out?

I'm curious because I personally don't see what else they really could have done with him in this episode. Obviously given the chance I'd have rewritten every episode after 122 in terms of Vegeta, but unfortunately we've gotta live with that.
I personally would have been happy with both Vegeta and Goku fighting Jiren together and winning because it's exactly what the show was building towards. The show starts when Vegeta and Goku refuse to work together and Whis repeatedly states how the two would be unbeatable and stronger if they did, thus it would be both satisfying and unconventional in that it is a 2v1 finale rather than a 1v1.
1. Vegeta had nothing left. How did you expect him to not only survive, but to be able to start helping out effectively in the incapacitated state he was in. Vegeta wouldve been nothing but a hinderence to Goku. Even Vegeta himself came to this realization. "Its all up to you now Kakarot"....Vegeta did everything he could...and contributed in a big way the only way he could...him giving Goku energy gave Goku and U7 a last fighting chance...and Goku siezed it by later re-awakwning Omen


2. Team battles was getting repetitive. It needed to end with Goku vs Jiren 1 vs 1.....a call back to the classics....Goku and Jiren are far and away the 2 strongest there. So its only logical it would come down to them just against each other too


3. Actually, the tournament of power had clearly been forshadowing a Goku vs Jiren rematch to end it all. The arc was all about Goku breaking his limits, surpassing his previous threshholds, and closing the gap against Jiren until surpassing Jiren

I couldnt be happier. Episode 129 is looking out of this world amazing. Just wait and see before already writing it off just because your fav character was eliminated.
1. Goku had nothing left and he magically got the asspull of Toei writing to get ultra instinct. Without UI, Goku and Vegeta were practically on par, if not vegeta was stronger since he didn't need kaioken to have that level of strength.

2. Subjective, but team battles were the entire point of this arc. The whole thing was hyped that Universe 7 had to work TOGETHER to win, it's not logical you're literally reaching here.

3. It was foreshadowing it after the tournament started but no, not so much before.

I'm not writing it off because Vegeta was eliminated I was expecting it. like everyone else said the elimination was poorly done and poorly written.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:54 am

Diccolo-420 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
Wow, did you interview every single person who watched the episode? Impressive.

Criticism is a crucial aspect in the entertainment industry, otherwise garbage like this episode would be the standard for entertainment. It's what keeps entertainers on their toes and promotes quality. Your argument of "if you hate it so much why do you watch it" is a tired and overused response to what's usually valid criticism.

You have the right to your opinion, but so do others, and I don't think anyone else is chiding you for liking the episode as you are chiding us for not liking it.
Why would I need to interview people to go on twitter, read dbz reddit, or youtube comments and see that the overwhelming majority comments have been positive?


See, this is why some of the fandom is so toxic.

You saying the episode was "garbage" doesnt mean it was factually garbage. Thats just your subjective opinion

A lot of people did love the episode. Are you saying that they are wrong? Are you saying they dont know any better?

You claiming its all just about being critical, yet you just out right call it garbage

I talked about this the other day. And this goes in general, the cricitism card doenst excuse or justify out right hate

Tell me again, how "its garbage" is just being "critical"

And part of being critical is about recongizing the good that was there

Its like, its ok to attack positive opinions, claim they are the ones who are wrong, nit pick and all....but the other side cant handle having their negative opinions challenged. ALL opinions can be challenged. Its a diccussion board

People have every right to be positive TOO. People have every right to love Super episodes. That doesnt make them wrong.

We should all be able to discuss critically and respectfully.....but sadly, its just one side dominating all the conversation amd asserting their opinions as objective truths and facts "its garbage. super is garbage. Anyone who likes it is wrong"

You have your right to hate it. Understand that people an like it as well, and that people can challemge negative opinions in the same way positive opinions are always challenged
This entire post is just one big ad populum fallacy.

I'm not criticizing your opinion, I'm criticizing you for attacking people who don't like it. It's as if you're taking it personally that people have a negative opinion of this episode.
"You have your right to hate it. In fact, good for you."

Thats what I said. There was a larger point I was trying to make that you ignored.

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:56 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote: Why would I need to interview people to go on twitter, read dbz reddit, or youtube comments and see that the overwhelming majority comments have been positive?


See, this is why some of the fandom is so toxic.

You saying the episode was "garbage" doesnt mean it was factually garbage. Thats just your subjective opinion

A lot of people did love the episode. Are you saying that they are wrong? Are you saying they dont know any better?

You claiming its all just about being critical, yet you just out right call it garbage

I talked about this the other day. And this goes in general, the cricitism card doenst excuse or justify out right hate

Tell me again, how "its garbage" is just being "critical"

And part of being critical is about recongizing the good that was there

Its like, its ok to attack positive opinions, claim they are the ones who are wrong, nit pick and all....but the other side cant handle having their negative opinions challenged. ALL opinions can be challenged. Its a diccussion board

People have every right to be positive TOO. People have every right to love Super episodes. That doesnt make them wrong.

We should all be able to discuss critically and respectfully.....but sadly, its just one side dominating all the conversation amd asserting their opinions as objective truths and facts "its garbage. super is garbage. Anyone who likes it is wrong"

You have your right to hate it. Understand that people an like it as well, and that people can challemge negative opinions in the same way positive opinions are always challenged
This entire post is just one big ad populum fallacy.

I'm not criticizing your opinion, I'm criticizing you for attacking people who don't like it. It's as if you're taking it personally that people have a negative opinion of this episode.
"You have your right to hate it. In fact, good for you."

Thats what I said. There was a larger point I was trying to make that you ignored.
Yet you've contradicted that several times with both your actions and other statements.

Either way this is the last time I'll respond to you about this, because I'd like to discuss the topic at hand

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:58 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
I mean, it's only fair since Goku's gotten asspull after asspull to this point :P
It all makes sense now. I truly wonder how many of the people calling this episode awful are just disgruntled Vegeta fans mad that Vegeta got eliminated. Theres no reason to be mad. Vegeta GOT WAY MORE shine then what was warrented. Vegeta shouldve been eliminated a long time ago...yet continued to get shine, wins, asspulls and epic farewells. Enough was enough with Vegeta. Vegeta had his time and more. Its all about Goku now.

Its interesting to note that the overwhelming majority across twitter/reddit/youtube are loving this episode and are super hyped over Mastered UI Goku etc

The scene of Goku being pushed off a literal edge while metaphorically being pushed off the edge, recalling everybody who was counting on him and re-awakening Omen...will probably be one of the most inconic scenes in Dragon Ball... until Goku transforms into mastered UI next episode: )

Its also interesting to note how when ever I see someone saying this episode was garbage, a lot of those people have AVs of Jiren and Vegeta

Us Vegeta fans DIDNT WANT MORE. We wanted more polished. We wanted a better exit. We were plainly duped by a full on lie about something cool. In Hindsight most Vegeta fans would have been happy to see vegeta die while taking out GoD Toppo. This just sucked.

Its not about Quantity. Its more about Quality.

Youre preaching to the choir my friend. I was saying back then that 126 shouldve been Vegeta's elimination episode

I think given everything, Vegeta went out in the best way possible

What could they have done? Vegeta was done for and never had any hope of beating Jiren

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:59 am

Kaiosama wrote:I think Mozilla Vulpix made a good point that people were reading way too much into that tweet by Toshio. "Cool Vegeta" doesn't mean he gets to beat Jiren or get UI and go out in a blaze of glory. People were hyping themselves up for months over that tweet, and now here we are in the aftermath with fans of a certain character going after Toshio on Twitter. Toshio has no control over the direction of the story.
This is what I was talking about. And its honestly disgusting to see
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Super Episode 128 (18 February 2018)

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:03 am

A great episode and great send off for Vegeta. Looking at him from when he came to earth up till now, I can finally say his character came full circle.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Post Reply