Super Episode 130 (18 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 130 (18 March 2018)

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:30 am

Even though he has been a terribly boring opponent for Goku, I think if Jiren became one of the gang he could be fun. It'd give us a non Saiya-jin in an important role and I think his total lack of a personality could make him a hilarious straight man to play off of Goku.

Edit: Basically a replacement to do the things Tenshinhan never really got to do.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:37 pm

i think the same bro. Goku is always so motivated and enthousiast to fight. Jiren is different: nonchalent, almost without emotion, seemingly not involved ... That interaction with Goku could get us some great scenes.

If U11 and U6 stay int he game and work together in futher arcs with U7, i am also curious about the interaction between:

- Toppo and Vegeta, they are both stubbern and probably haven't forgotten their last fight, what would it give if they have to work together?

- If Freeza joins the gang, Freeza and Dyspo teaming up ...

- Hit and Dyspo together ... ?

- Frost (if he would return) and Roshi ...

- Roshi and Caulifla ... lol

There are definitely some intresting opportunities there ...

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:This episode was fantastic, and I was shocked that 17 is still alive. Hopefully 131 will be a great episode that provides a satisfying conclusion to Dragon Ball Super.
Conclusion? Next will be the movie. :)
And I bet for sure the anime will come back at some point.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:23 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:This episode was fantastic, and I was shocked that 17 is still alive. Hopefully 131 will be a great episode that provides a satisfying conclusion to Dragon Ball Super.
Conclusion? Next will be the movie. :)
And I bet for sure the anime will come back at some point.
True. I definitely hope the series will continue next year or the year after. Plus I'm really hyped for the movie. :P :P

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:40 am

Mister_Popo wrote:i think the same bro. Goku is always so motivated and enthousiast to fight. Jiren is different: nonchalent, almost without emotion, seemingly not involved ... That interaction with Goku could get us some great scenes.

If U11 and U6 stay int he game and work together in futher arcs with U7, i am also curious about the interaction between:

- Toppo and Vegeta, they are both stubbern and probably haven't forgotten their last fight, what would it give if they have to work together?

- If Freeza joins the gang, Freeza and Dyspo teaming up ...

- Hit and Dyspo together ... ?

- Frost (if he would return) and Roshi ...

- Roshi and Caulifla ... lol

There are definitely some intresting opportunities there ...
I think there would be a great deal of novelty in Hit and Jiren teaming or working together on one occasion, since there is actually a lot friction between the two despite how a like they are, and I think it would make an interesting dynamic to say the least.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Another good episode, but the ending was meh...

- I was expecting the vocals of "Ultimate Battle" to play on this episode, but I got that they saved that for the next and final episode.

- Loved seeing Jiren being stomped by Goku, I waited so long to see his smug face on the ground, too bad it didn't lasted long.

- As much as I enjoy Roshi speech about Goku realizing he don't reached that level all by himself, but isn't very Toriyama like for him to say that he's fighting for everyone's hope, right? Not that I care much, I usually prefer Toei Goku (mainly Z)

- So Jiren was supposed to be at his peak, but reminding of his past trauma made him awaken his hidden power to rival Goku's current level? Anime cliché 101.

- Didn't expect Jiren to go mad and attempt to kill U7 people, even though he not succeded, at least show us Daishinkan giving him a warning or something.

- Did they really expect us to be surprised that Freeza and 17 are still on the ring? Please, they always show Zen-Oh tapping his iPad when a fighter is eliminated :yawn:

- I would prefer the fight to end with Goku winning and then the next episode all devoted to the aftermath, but instead we're getting a final final battle next... Oh.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?