Super Episode 130 (18 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Episode 130 (18 March 2018)

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 am

Miracles wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Welp i can safely say that i 100% called 17 being alive. Saw it coming from a mile away
Congrats man. You know somebody at TOEI?
No need for the sarcasm...

But it's not even that. Just that his "sacrifice" was so poorly done that I knew he wasn't dead.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:46 am

Professor Freeza wrote:You are joking right????

A post was made a few months ago here about how DBZ would be slaughtered today.
You can't ever count out a show dedicated to entertainment with flash, action and appeal to emotion with the epic music, voice acting and bone crushing sound effects. It's too much for the eyes to resist.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:48 am

Extreme_kai wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:They could have done better... Still with Jiren blasting Goku off the stage, but then having Freeza to blast Jiren on his back to also fall of the ring. We could end this god damn episode with Freeza being the last man standing, but no they have to include #17 in every way possible and even worst prolong the battle unnecessarily.
That has to be my biggest complaint about this episode, it's just unnecessary padding for the sake of padding. Unneeded padding, a second fake out death attack with no real impact, and only one more episode left? I'm strongly thinking we may get a cliffhanger at this point, which is not what I want.
Considering the movie will be a straight continuation of this arc, that should be more than expected.
Dbzfan94 wrote:But it's not even that. Just that his "sacrifice" was so poorly done that I knew he wasn't dead.
IKR, no sad song and stuff... I suspected about it, but I didn't want to believe as I thought they wouldn't be so stupid to play the fake death again.
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:48 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:Welp i can safely say that i 100% called 17 being alive. Saw it coming from a mile away
Congrats man. You know somebody at TOEI?
No need for the sarcasm...

But it's not even that. Just that his "sacrifice" was so poorly done that I knew he wasn't dead.
Oh, I wasn't being sarcastic, I was really joking about that one. Sorry if it seemed that way. :D I should of used a smiley face.

Yeah, but so it was you just deducing how terrible 17's sacrifice was that something was up?. I actually thought he died. Seriously, congrats man.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:49 am

In Roshi's eyeglasses shot when he was talking about all the friends Goku was fighting for, I noticed these characters were absent:

Mr. Satan
Buu
Yajirobe
Android 17 (oddly enough)

Meanwhile Yamcha, Chiaotzu and Oolong/Puar were there. Also Roshi himself wasn't in the shot even though Roshi was the one speaking. :lol:

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:51 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Extreme_kai wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:They could have done better... Still with Jiren blasting Goku off the stage, but then having Freeza to blast Jiren on his back to also fall of the ring. We could end this god damn episode with Freeza being the last man standing, but no they have to include #17 in every way possible and even worst prolong the battle unnecessarily.
That has to be my biggest complaint about this episode, it's just unnecessary padding for the sake of padding. Unneeded padding, a second fake out death attack with no real impact, and only one more episode left? I'm strongly thinking we may get a cliffhanger at this point, which is not what I want.
Considering the movie will be a straight continuation of this arc, that should be more than expected.
Dbzfan94 wrote:But it's not even that. Just that his "sacrifice" was so poorly done that I knew he wasn't dead.
IKR, no sad song and stuff... I suspected about it, but I didn't want to believe as I thought they wouldn't be so stupid to play the fake death again.
I hear ya, I was just hoping they would wrap ToP up and at least get everyone back to earth for the movie. I just want to wash my hands with ToP at this point.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:52 am

precita wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Am i the only one who's bothered with them not mentioning Yamcha at all in this episode ?
They show Yamcha in the group shot in Roshi's glasses when he was talking about all the friends Goku was fighting for.

Interesting enough Mr. Satan and Buu weren't in that shot, I guess Goku doesn't care about them as much. :lol:
For Mr. Satan, maybe Goku is secretly mad at him for taking his son's credit for defeating Cell. For Majin Buu, they'd have to draw Roshi's glasses twice as large.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:57 am

Miracles wrote: Oh, I wasn't being sarcastic, I was really joking about that one. Sorry if it seemed that way. :D I should of used a smiley face.

Yeah, but so it was you just deducing how terrible 17's sacrifice was that something was up?. I actually thought he died. Seriously, congrats man.
Oh ok! No problem man. It's cool.

But yeah something seemed off to me and I had a feeling it was on purpose. but thanks! lol

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:57 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:No. Nostalgia is a very potent argument. Honestly if DB or Z aired today for the first time, it would be SLAUGHTERED.
So you're quoting the wrong person as I'm not blind due nostalgia.
8bitdee wrote:You can hope that is better, but you shouldn't expect it to be. We have been given no reason to expect better when it's always been flawed.
Why not? I don't see why a TV show can not evolve to be better than what was on its past days.
Like I said, you can hope that it evolves but why do you expect it to? DBZ proved to be successful, so Toei has no reason to change its formula if it works. And the financial success of Super proves that. If you want something to be better, you let them know with your eyeballs and wallet. Since you're watching and paying for it (assuming you're not illegally watching) then you're letting them know you're okay with what they're doing, so you should not be expecting them to make a better product when the language they speak is "we're getting views+money so we're doing a good job just repeating what we did before."
Last edited by 8bitdee on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:01 am

I was fine with this episode, I really was. Yeah, connecting Jiren's self-serving nature with goku's "wholesomeness (ignoring his assholeness early in the arc, and basically this whole seems to try to retcon the whole "Goku is a shit head who only cares about fighting") was clumsy, but I was okay with everything else. Clearly the week off was for this episode's benefit.

And then the final 5 minutes happen.

Sigh. DBS you couldn't help yourself could you? You just couldn't be not shitty for just one more minute.

I knew Freeza was going to comeback because he's too important to completely write off, and I still think he's going to be the major villain in whatever comes next. But 17, FUCKING 17, despite being told that he commited suicide, despite the show trying to wring as much emotion as it could from the death of a fan favorite, Super literally goes "lol jk" and just brings him back.

FUCK THIS SHOW. in a single moment, 17's reappearance represents just how utterly lazy and gutless Super's writing is. Now going forward, I expect any major event or sacrifice to be completely undone at any moment; nothing fucking matters.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:01 am

ummmmmm...

People! Rewatch the episode right after Jiren trys to attack the Z-team. After Goku gets mad and punches him, Jiren unleashes a bunch of ki blast, you see Goku manuevering around them, what you MIGHT have missed is that Goku is actually riding along those energy blast with his own! SLow it down. That is so epic!
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 am

Best episode of the tournament guys , has everything , pretty much condense all the meaning of the whole top arc
10/10
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Turambar
Beyond Newbie

Post by Turambar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 am

OverHeaven wrote:
Turambar wrote:..........and that is why Dragon Ball is the best Shounen anime of all time.
Nope, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
The episode was great only due to action and animation. (okay, I do hope this is not the only thing that you care about)
Sorry. Thought that might be a popular opinion here :roll:

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:07 am

I don't really know what to think of 17 being alive. It would have been more epic for only Frieza and Goku to be there. The two guys who were enemies between each other long ago working together. 17 being there takes that impact away a lot, at least for me. I also said time again before my thoughts about 17's crazy power up in Super, about how I dislike it, and making him outlasting Vegeta in the tournament seems weird, I did expect that from Frieza, being a powerful and important villian throughout the series, but from 17? Wow it's like watching a different show to be totally honest.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:10 am

So...with Jiren attempting to murder U7 can we finally classify him as a villain? What he did is no different than what Majin Vegeta did back in the Boo Saga. Truly despicable villain behavior.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:12 am

MagmonKai wrote:That single episode topped 110 for me. Why couldn't that Tate guy work on DBS from the beginning? The show wouldn't have been even more awesome. Nothing to say but wow, such a good episode, too bad it's ending next week. What a bummer. :(
He worked on episode 5 lol

I'm serious!!

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:12 am

dragonball0900 wrote:I don't really know what to think of 17 being alive. It would have been more epic for only Frieza and Goku to be there. The two guys who were enemies between each other long ago working together. 17 being there takes that impact away a lot, at least for me. I also said time again before my thoughts about 17's crazy power up in Super, about how I dislike it, and making him outlasting Vegeta in the tournament seems weird, I did expect that from Frieza, being a powerful and important villian throughout the series, but from 17? Wow it's like watching a different show to be totally honest.
I'm still puzzled why people find it unacceptable for Android 17 to be that strong. When he was introduced he was stronger than SSJ1, so right out of the gate he was stronger than 100%-powered Frieza. Why is Frieza allowed to grow so much stronger in six months but not 17 in the decade since he was introduced?
Last edited by 8bitdee on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:13 am

precita wrote:In Roshi's eyeglasses shot when he was talking about all the friends Goku was fighting for, I noticed these characters were absent:

Mr. Satan
Buu
Yajirobe
Android 17 (oddly enough)

Meanwhile Yamcha, Chiaotzu and Oolong/Puar were there. Also Roshi himself wasn't in the shot even though Roshi was the one speaking. :lol:
Goku had literally never met 17, EVER, until this arc.

Roshi was going off on how people helped him out so ... I guess it wouldn't work.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:13 am

Take a look at this, someone has uploaded a video of the episode being shown in a bar in Mexico and everyone goes nuts watching it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=307s&v=phbGt_7Qvj8

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:15 am

8bitdee wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:I don't really know what to think of 17 being alive. It would have been more epic for only Frieza and Goku to be there. The two guys who were enemies between each other long ago working together. 17 being there takes that impact away a lot, at least for me. I also said time again before my thoughts about 17's crazy power up in Super, about how I dislike it, and making him outlasting Vegeta in the tournament seems weird, I did expect that from Frieza, being a powerful and important villian throughout the series, but from 17? Wow it's like watching a different show to be totally honest.
I'm still puzzled why people find it unacceptable for Android 17 to be that strong. When he was introduced he was stronger than SSJ1, so right out of the gate he was stronger than 100% Frieza. Why is Frieza allowed to grow so much stronger in six months but not 17 in the decade since he was introduced?
Because Frieza's power up had an explanation. His race was born like that and Frieza directly said that he would make big increases when training because of that. With 17 however, there was no statement whatsoever explaing his big power up, I understand if he gets stronger than SSJ3 and weaker than the God form, I would even tolerate if it was closer to the latter. But blue level? There are even lots of feats proving that and I just don't aprove of that.