Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Toxin45
Regular

Re: Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Post by Toxin45 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Exline wrote:
gammabeast21 wrote:Wow they found a way to make this feel like a climax/series finale.

Good:
-STORYBOARDS, STORYBOARDS,STORYBOARDS. 100% Elevated this episode to God Tier heights.
-There is real sense of tension as they explain basically everyone is out energy.
-Freeza and #17 play so well of each other since they have no history.
-Jiren's arc comes full circle with Toppo saying that Jiren fights for his comrades even if he doesn't realize it.
-AMAZING CLIMACTIC BATTLE SCENE by Yuya Takahashi that has Freeza and Goku teaming up with combos
-So the #17 ended up winning. Was there anyone more deserving than the MVP?
-I for one am happy the universes are back as there is more Dragon Ball stories and spinoffs possible than ever before.
-Beerus making the call to revive Freeza was a good call as he doesn't fear Freeza or what Freeza will do. Freeza is just another mortal in his eyes and a useful one at that.
-Ending montage was great as they didn't voice bulma

Bad(bad, not series destroying plot holes)
-The way the universes were brought back was expected(so much so that even GP expected LOL) but the fact that #17 did made it a bit if a twist as many were worrying(me included) is this guy actually gonna wish for a boat.
-Ending the series with Goku and Vegeta was ridiculously fanservicesy and unrelated to the arc that ended by highlighting the wildcards #17 and Frieza yet the last panel is Goku and Vegeta show.
I agree about the ending being fan service as well. I'm kind of tired of this breaking limits dialogue both Goku and Vegeta keep exchanging with each other. It's getting redundant, strive for something new geez. They did the same poses from the saiyan saga just like Toyotaro already did. Very unoriginal. However, everything else before that was so amazing. 17 got his boat, Vegeta comes back to see his daughter etc. It was just so heartwarming. Sadly I wish there was more time to wrap everything up, there are so many things that have not been explained.

I agree with everything else you stated. The storyboard or writer, i forgot her role, but she did episode 107 and I absolutely loved that episode.

The ending wrapped up everything so well. I am also glad that we will not see Ultra Instinct ever again.. Hopefully.
Freeza9000 wrote:The best thing about this episode is that while it's pretty damn predictable, the direction itself was rather powerful. While I will admit the series epilogue was something we've already saw across the border, I did like that there was a little twist to it such as No.17 being the one to do it rather than Goku or Vegeta doing the wishing. Not only is it a unique way of utilizing a character that was long since forgotten ever since the Cell Arc (well aside from his little contribution to the Genki Dama in the Boo Arc), but it's an impressive way to show Goku's influence to every character he's ever interacted with.
Yes!!!! Goku is such an influential figure. He's got Frieza to suck up and work alongside him. He's turned characters such as Vegeta, Piccolo and Tenshinhan to become heroes instead of remaining as villains. All of Dragon Ball is mostly about Goku's influence. What a great way to wrap it up with Android 18 stating 17 is starting to become more like Goku.
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Just Like I said on the New Thread............All I Want to Say............All I Need to Say..............& And All That SHOULD be Said as the Most Important Part from ME About Episode 131 is;

THANK YOU ANDROID #17!!!! :clap: :thumbup:

I am Beyond Happy Right NOW!!!! :D
Hahaha when I realized the Universes were revived, I had a feeling you'd be psyched to see Ribrianne and the others. I was happy as well!!! Glad to see these new characters were not erased!!
Nah Frieza is still a villain at the end he said he never give up his evil ways and rebuilds his empire dude.

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:30 am

I know, I know, too late, well it wouldn't be if this site wouldn't keep giving me such a hard time to sign up, there was some persistent mail problem apparently, whatever I'm finally here, so...

6/10

Negatives:

• TIME-LIMIT

Completely unnecessary, it only took away, and didn't add, well, unless you wanna say it added even more inconsistencies.

• ZEN-OH KNEW

Yeah, very poor addition to the story, it made the victories be in vain, the result that mattered was the decision for the wish, not the eliminations.

• FRIEZA'S 2ND RESURRECTION

Don't get me wrong, Frieza has always being my favorite villain, but c'mon, this will not be handled well, either Frieza becomes a reformed Vegeta, or we'll have Frieza Round 3, ugh, as if DBS wasn't stagnant enough.

• LAZULI'S QUESTIONS

"You think it's alright that way?"

"But didn't you said you wanted to travel the world with your family?!"

Yeah, Lazuli, it's alright, he just revived universes instead of asking for a stupid big boat, what's wrong with you?

I know it wasn't their intention to make it sound like that, but those questions weren't presented in an appropriate manner, even less with her facial expression.

• THE END

Rushed, and inferior to the end of DBZ and DBGT.

Positives: It still managed to be entertaining, and they avoided just letting Goku simply go UI and eliminating Jiren.

A moment of silence for those that thought that the wish could've been anything, instead of just the most predictable thing ever.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:22 am

Melkaniator wrote:I know, I know, too late, well it wouldn't be if this site wouldn't keep giving me such a hard time to sign up, there was some persistent mail problem apparently, whatever I'm finally here, so...

6/10

Negatives:

• TIME-LIMIT

Completely unnecessary, it only took away, and didn't add, well, unless you wanna say it added even more inconsistencies.

• ZEN-OH KNEW

Yeah, very poor addition to the story, it made the victories be in vain, the result that mattered was the decision for the wish, not the eliminations.

• FRIEZA'S 2ND RESURRECTION

Don't get me wrong, Frieza has always being my favorite villain, but c'mon, this will not be handled well, either Frieza becomes a reformed Vegeta, or we'll have Frieza Round 3, ugh, as if DBS wasn't stagnant enough.

• LAZULI'S QUESTIONS

"You think it's alright that way?"

"But didn't you said you wanted to travel the world with your family?!"

Yeah, Lazuli, it's alright, he just revived universes instead of asking for a stupid big boat, what's wrong with you?

I know it wasn't their intention to make it sound like that, but those questions weren't presented in an appropriate manner, even less with her facial expression.

• THE END

Rushed, and inferior to the end of DBZ and DBGT.

Positives: It still managed to be entertaining, and they avoided just letting Goku simply go UI and eliminating Jiren.

A moment of silence for those that thought that the wish could've been anything, instead of just the most predictable thing ever.
Really they will handled it this time Frieza is here to stay now and won't get reformed nor die this time dude he will have a recurring role from now on and that makes him Goku's archenemy by default regardless of new villains.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:35 am

Toxin45 wrote: Really they will handled it this time Frieza is here to stay now and won't get reformed nor die this time dude he will have a recurring role from now on and that makes him Goku's archenemy by default regardless of new villains.
Guess where I heard that one before
Get Fucked, C_unt

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:08 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Really they will handled it this time Frieza is here to stay now and won't get reformed nor die this time dude he will have a recurring role from now on and that makes him Goku's archenemy by default regardless of new villains.
I know already but I wasn't talking to you.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:00 pm

Melkaniator wrote:I know, I know, too late, well it wouldn't be if this site wouldn't keep giving me such a hard time to sign up, there was some persistent mail problem apparently, whatever I'm finally here, so...
I had the same problem. I initially signed up back in April/May 2016 during the U6 arc's run, but didn't make it until a year after, once this arc was on its run.

At least I'm glad I'm in, after all.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Doesn't mattet who you were talking to. Are you just going to repeat the same argument to every single user until we die of boredom?
Get Fucked, C_unt

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Guess where I heard that one before
Doesn't mattet who you were talking to. Are you just going to repeat the same argument to every single user until we die of boredom?
I said no this is none of your concern.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: I know already but I wasn't talking to you.
Yes it is. Everything that annoys me is of my concern. You're busting everybody's balls with the same dry argument ever sinced you joined this forum. As soon as someone talks about Frieza you just go off, and repeat the same point over and over again, guess what, WE GET IT, stop repeating yourself, it's not a worthy contribution ti the discussion, which is what you're expected to provide by the terms you agreed with when signing up
Get Fucked, C_unt

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Doesn't mattet who you were talking to. Are you just going to repeat the same argument to every single user until we die of boredom?
Yes it is. Everything that annoys me is of my concern. You're busting everybody's balls with the same dry argument ever sinced you joined this forum. As soon as someone talks about Frieza you just go off, and repeat the same point over and over again, guess what, WE GET IT, stop repeating yourself, it's not a worthy contribution ti the discussion, which is what you're expected to provide by the terms you agreed with when signing up
Alright mr vegeta

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:05 pm

It was a good episode, but it could have been better I guess...

- At first realizing there was no opening I thought it was for saving time, but no... It was just to use it in a rushed montage of showing Earth people back to their daily lives :yawn:

- I know Super power levels are f****d since day one, but worn out or not 100% FP Jiren to still struggle with Freeza and #17? That's just another huge BS coming from this series.

- I liked Toppo speech to Jiren, in the end U11 always depended of his power in order to survive, so no wonder Toppo could serve to motivate him a little.

- Man, Vegeta's face seeing Goku and Freeza fighting together was PRICELESS! But I also would never thought in my life to see that as well :lol:

- What the f**k is wrong with #18? Why she's all surprising that #17 gave up of his selfish wish in order to restore the life of trillions of people? :|

- So Whis can revive people now... Is there something else he can't do?

- Kinda lame that ToP was nothing but a test, I mean I thought it was made for purposes of universe balance and such, but Zen-Oh and Daishinkan wanted to the winner to wish all the universes back, okay...

- Loved that Freeza recruting new soldiers to his army and Goku and Vegeta saying they want to get even more stronger is a build to the next movie :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:22 am

Some perspective on Jiren's thoughts and emotions during the final battle from Megumi Ishitani, the episode director:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1024331335844814848

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1024539538461323264

https://twitter.com/ishigyunyu/status/1 ... 0768043008