Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Re: Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Post by batistabus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:22 pm

A truly Super ending. I loved every second of it. I cried twice. Thank you, Dragon Ball. Until next time!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:22 pm

Bullza wrote:It was a good episode, a solid ending, probably the best ending of the different series.

I wouldn't say it was predictable from my point of view. At least from the start nobody would ever have said Android 17 was going to win. I made a poll on the wikia's when there were 10 left and he still had the minority vote.

Them bringing the universes back I was 50/50 on. Originally I didn't want them to, I can see why they did....it was probably the right choice to. It'd be a shame to throw all those characters away even if it made the whole Tournament a bit of a waste. So I'm a bit mixed on that.

Great to see Frieza and Goku team up. I did however expect a bit more of an epic ending to it. I thought there'd be a bit more oompf to seeing Jiren go out but not so much.

I was a bit disappointed however at the lack of a tease. A tease for what could come next either for the movie or the next series but there was nothing.
But they showed Frieza rebuilding the Frieza Force, and that guy Goku was fighting in the trailer was wearing modern style Frieza Force armor?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Alee9977 wrote:I'm wondering... 17 wished the universes back, won't that make the other 6 universes that Zeno erased in the past to come back too?
That's what herms said too. I think it will have something to do with the movie
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:24 pm

Can we take a second to appreciate that Dr. Gero effectively built the multiverses saviour. How crazy is that to think about.

Amazing that even that ties back to Goku destroying the RR army back in DB. I love this series

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Metrite » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:25 pm

Goku and Freeza fighting as a team?! That's even more shocking than Goku and Vegeta fighting together! :lol:

Whis can just revive somebody on the spot like that? Is there anything this guy and his little magic wand can't do?! :crazy: Now we wait to see what will happen to Freeza in the future. Maybe he'll have a part in the upcoming movie since it is supposedly going to explore his past with the saiyans. Maybe we'll eventually find there to be more to him than the old "I'm evil just because!"

And the only question I have that went unanswered is, "What was Jiren hoping to wish for?" Well, now it turns out it wouldn't matter for him since something selfish would've just gotten his universe erased as well.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Ending it on Goku and Vegeta sparring in the place they met was very sweet. :mrgreen:

So both UI hasn't been mastered for real, but only unlockable in extreme situations? Ok.

Because giving Freeza his life back can't possibly end badly. :crazy:
Ah well, at least he's still a villain.

Vegeta's visible disgust/disturbed face at Freeza and Goku fighting together.

Having all the participants wished back into their universes rather than into the world of void...I'm ok with that. Let Cabba think Vegeta's the one who rescued them for a while. :lol:

Goku exhibiting signs of exhaustion (his hand shaking after he teleports, him flashing in and out of regular ssj1 while flying at Jiren) was well done.

Is that boat 17 got from Bulma the same boat from the reBOG arc of Super? Because that's some great tying things together if so.

And everyone knows baby Pan can fly now! Yay!

I'm pretty happy with how this ended. I don't know if I would've given Freeza his life back because again, it's FREEZA, but as long as he doesn't become a good guy I can deal.
I was pleasantly surprised they ended it on a Goku and Vegeta sparring match. I wasn't expecting much of anything in the way of that with King Ryu gone, but Tomioka surprised me.

It's still setting in that this was it for at least a year, barring the fits and starts of movie news. I don't think it's gonna fully hit me until tomorrow afternoon, but yeah. Wow.

It's been a hell of a roller coaster you guys, these past couple years of Super. Wild stuff.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:26 pm

WTF with this title name? "Good bye Goku?" He didn't vanished for good like GT
precita wrote:Where did Freeza's men come from? I thought the last remnants of his army died in Return of F.
Months have passed he likely gone off alone recruting new soldiers, also it's Ressurection of F, not "Return" lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:27 pm

Anyone like that Roshi climbed Korin's tower to be with him again? Just like old times.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:30 pm

Enjoyed the fight in this episode more than last episode's fight.

Other than that, pretty predictable ending save for Whis reviving Freeza.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:31 pm

Oh, man. What an ending. :clap:

I never thought we'd see Goku and Freeza working together in battle, but it happened, and it was one the greatest things I've ever seen in Dragon Ball.

I immensely enjoyed how Jiren was handled in the end. He had a decent, if an albient rushed, character arc. It's a shame we never got find to out what his wish was, though, but it wouldn't have mattered in the end.

#17 being the last man standing shocked me, but given how well he's been handled in Super I'm happy he won the Tournament Of Power, and I was even more happy with his wish. I'm so delighted the other 7 universes weren't erased.

Whis bringing Freeza back to life on Beerus' order was so out of left field but hilarious and also pretty heartwarming. And it also serves as great summarisation of just how wonderfully developed Beerus has been in the show, and in the Universal Survival arc in particular. Despite how Beerus may act outwardly, deep down, he can be a really nice, considerate and thoughtful person. This is why I love Beerus and think he's the best character in all of Dragon Ball. He's so wonderfully layered.

The final montage was pretty cheesy, but it still melted my heart to see Goku and Vegeta duke it out one more time, in the same fashion they did when they first fought in the Saiyan arc. It was fanservice-y as hell, but fuck it, I loved it. And I love it even more that Goku can unlock Ultra Instinct at will keep that shit tucked away for later because it's such a gamebreaker for future stakes in battles knowing Goku has that ability.

Overall, I feel a great deal of satisfaction with Super concluding the way it did. Yeah, some people predicted this a mile away, but that doesn't make it inherently bad in any fashion. This was the ending I was really hoped for this arc, and for Super as a whole, and I'm glad the direction for it was as wonderful as it was.

Thanks for everything, Super. You had some issues, but when you were good, you're really good. And that happened a lot of the time. :thumbup:

Until we meet again... :wave:
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Can't believe I'm back on the forum posting here.

Anyway, I currently saw the last half of the episode and I thought it was okay.

Everything about it was predictable, except for Goku getting knocked out, #17 asking for the wish and Frieza being brought back to life.

I'd rather not get negative about the episode; instead, I will say that while I'm somewhat glad Super is over, I did enjoy seeing the Z-fighters win and come back home. The credits and post-credits scenes were the best new Dragon Ball material that I have ever seen so far.

I could use a break from all the anticipointment I've been feeling for a while.

I wonder how the movie will be...
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:37 pm

This episode has left me speechless, there were a large number of characters I grew fond of across pretty much all of the universes and it just hit me in the feels Undertale style when they were all brought back.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:37 pm

The climax didn't felt rushed,it was decent with Goku and Frieza teaming up to defeat Jiren although I got a little distracted with #17 being there, like Doctor. a good character but does feel force in some places on the flip side, I'm glad he did a selfless wish on recovering all the universes.
    So UI is not mastered :lol: and of course we have one more cheap call back that feels very forced.
      In spite of all the annoying issue like many things having no decent conclusion or it's incosistent writing, I'm glad to see this show have a good sendoff albeit predictable and it was fun watching 131 episode of this.
      Mostly active on discord.

dbzfan7
      Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Overall mixed for me.

I enjoyed the final battle upon the second viewing. Seeing Goku and Freeza work in sync was pretty phenomenal. Probably woulda had 17 in the front lines considering he never tires, and would always be at peak energy unlike Goku and Freeza here. Still seeing the "Greatest Good" and the deepest evil working together like this was satisfying. Especially when Freeza has Goku throw em, they tackle Jiren down, and Goku goes SSJ as it's what you think of when Goku and Freeza are together. Final Form Freeza and SSJ Goku. Loved how he kept pushing to transform to. A very nice touch. Though oddly Freeza complains being given orders, and yet he's ok if Gohan does it? Is there some sort of respect for him there or something?

17 winning was a very nice touch just to avoid a Goku overall wins thing, even if we still get that as he went down with Jiren. Wishing all the universes back though.....not a fan. I'd have rather they wished back all the characters at least so Zeno got less universes around, and we get the characters back. Woulda had the tournament at least have some weight in it rather than pretty much nothing. The ending just feels really hollow. What was the accomplishment when they pretty much explained the ending was predictable, and if by any chance there was one ass hat then all universes are gone? Nothing really feels accomplished. Really all the tournament brought forth is Freeza is alive again to terrorize the universe.....yay?

Was hoping for more of an end that makes the series feel more like it made an impact. Everything is as once as it was, no need to continue. It is like how the Future Trunks arc ending woulda been so much better if Trunks and Mai stuck around, as then it would feel like there was change. Here I feel like this was all pointless and accomplished nothing. I feel like nobody really gained anything from this other than Freeza.

The call backs are nice but the Manga and Anime do those so damn much that it hardly means a damn thing to me anymore. UI also doesn't at all feel mastered because he can't use it when he wants...so it's not mastered then. Also does erasure mean nothing at all now if you can come back from nothingness?

Overall a 6/10 show for me.
      Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Chibi Gohan
      Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 pm

A very fun ending to the series for sure. While the overall series itself was marred at times, it still introduced some amazing concepts throughout and expanded the Dragon Ball universe in a meaningful way. It will be interesting to see how the movie progresses these concepts further.
      I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Raphael_Z
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:42 pm

My headcannon is that Frieza used the Dragon Balls of Earth (or Namek) to wish for the resurrection of his army and/or he recruited them from other universes (after all, all of the resurrected universes owe a big debt to U7 in general). I really want to see a comeback of the entire Ginyu Force.

Torturephile
      Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Well, this episode marks the end of the main Dragon Ball Super series, and so it also marks the end of my frequent activity in these forums. I wait for the movie now.

I don't have much to say this time around, other than Super was quite a ride with many rough bumps but was fun nonetheless. I never expected 17 to make it that far into the tournament, nor that Freeza would be resurrected by via Whis' powers.

Until we meet again, folks. Probably tomorrow.
      From Super episode 113 thread:
      MaskedRider wrote:
      Torturephile wrote:
      hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
      namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
      The fandom in a nutshell.
      The duality of man.

Vegito Black
      Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegito Black » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:The best thing about this episode is that while it's pretty damn predictable, the direction itself was rather powerful. While I will admit the series epilogue was something we've already saw across the border, I did like that there was a little twist to it such as No.17 being the one to do it rather than Goku or Vegeta doing the wishing. Not only is it a unique way of utilizing a character that was long since forgotten ever since the Cell Arc (well aside from his little contribution to the Genki Dama in the Boo Arc), but it's an impressive way to show Goku's influence to every character he's ever interacted with.
      The wish yes was predictable, but I saw no one predicting Goku and Freeza ringing themselves and jiren out together so that 17 would be the last man standing or that the wish wouldn't have been accepted if it was selfish. And almost everyone was sure it'd end in 130 (the fight) and that 131 would be like end of Z or right before end of Z

lancerman
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:48 pm

Raphael_Z wrote:My headcannon is that Frieza used the Dragon Balls of Earth (or Namek) to wish for the resurrection of his army and/or he recruited them from other universes (after all, all of the resurrected universes owe a big debt to U7 in general). I really want to see a comeback of the entire Ginyu Force.
      I would just assume that we found more people devoted to him or went to some other portion of the universe the main cast doesn't spend time in and started getting back to work.

CriticalThinker
      Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Boy oh boy did I really enjoy that episode, like boooy howdy that was pretty damn good. Like I've been down on the Jiren vs Goku fight for a bit now but man this final fight between Goku, Freeza, 17 and Jiren was great. And while the ending was predictable I don't think anyone thought it would be 17 making that wish, dude earned that boat. And another thing that surprised me was Freeza being revived, so I'm glad he didn't up getting erased or sent back to hell in the end. Dare I say it but I kinda liked Jiren as well this episode, still prefer Toppo though. So overall I liked this ending a lot more than I thought I would and can't wait to see what happens next.