Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Re: Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:50 pm

TheMikado wrote:Haven’t seen the episode yet but I’m super confused.
What we jirens wish?
How did this resolve the issue of too many universes?
That was all a front. :lol: Zeno foresaw that the wish made by the victor would be to restore all universes. If a selfish wish was made, then he’d have erased everything for good.

Busy rn, but the episode had the best art if nothing else.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:50 pm

So if ALL and I say ALL Universes are restored back I will see if my theory of Triplet Universe works, and if my theory is correct there should be Saiyan on Universe 18.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:54 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So if ALL and I say ALL Universes are restored back I will see if my theory of Triplet Universe works, and if my theory is correct there should be Saiyan on Universe 18.
YES! I've been saying this. I think your theory might be right. Combine that with the fact that 17 brought back Universes 13 to 18 and i think the movie will tie into this.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:55 pm

I was satisfied with this episode.

Really glad the erased universes came back.

Was also hype to see Freeza standing in his flying vehicle again.

Great final episode.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

symbol96

Post by symbol96 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:56 pm

I was expecting a massive rush job in this episode since there was so much they had to fit in, but I gotta say- they executed it perfectly. Kudos to the directors for this episode
After Cell died he found the Super Dragon Balls and made Super Shenron tell the creators to nerf Gohan

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:58 pm

I want to see people calling Jiren evil now.

That was the best DBS episode yet, no challenge. Everything about it was touching, emotional, the fighting was super intense and looked awesome, music and music placement was on point, so was the storyboard and direaction asa whole. Jiren's character development was great, this is something I had really looked forward to after 130 had ended and they nailed it.
The twist in the end about the entire purpose of the tournament of power was quite a great plot point in my opinion, and it makes 100% sense considering the reason Zeno wanted to erase the universes to begin with, I really hope people will pay attention to that twist before calling the TOP meaningless like dumbasses, because it's really important.

Frieza was fucking awesome in this episode, his sarcasm and trash talking has been upgraded 100x, I liked his: ''We'll make up over my dead body'', for example, or when he fucking triggered the fuck out of Jiren, lmao.

No 17 came back to reclaim his MVP title and he delivered, he performed well and him ordering around Frieza and asking him if he and Goku are done making up was fucking priceless. He had some badass lines as always, like how he said to Jiren that this time it really will hurt, reference to ep127. Him wishing everyone back just shows how awesome he got, even 17 got some development, and he had been pretty awesome prior to the start of the TOP anyway.

Toppo's Justice Roasting skills have also been upgraded immnensly, and he returned Jiren the favour for calling him pathetic in episode 126, but Toppo returned the retribution more than once with some truely valid points, so it was overkill.
Toppo motivating Jiren and making him realize the right path was awesome it'd been forshadowed for multiple episodes with him saying Jiren all the goddamn time. He has been a pretty useful character to develop Jiren, and he was pretty cool as a character too, a shame he got wasted a bit.

Jiren is a changed man now, realizing and acknowledging the positive benefits of trust and the possibility to form connections with others from now on after Toppo roasted him was a very satisfying and a fitting wrap up to his character.
Jiren got nothing but pain from believing in trust and friendship after a strong enemy picked him and his friends apart, causing some of them to aboundon him and as a result he completely dropped this value. Toppo's line about what was the point of building all this strength for if trust and attachment for people was meaningless was a great point which confirmed what I said - that because Jiren was so broken he couldn't deliver justice with trust, he took it to the extremes and focused on strength alone, completely dropping connections with other people as a value, even though that strength's purpose to begin with was to serve justice and protect people, which is ironic, but creates some good complexity to his character.

My only complaints, well at least things I wanted to see and I didn't get the chance to see were some scale in the power levels, like how powerful were MUI Goku, Jiren, Vegeta and co compared to Beerus and the other GoDs, and there were parts in the episode when Jiren powered up massively but the 3 still managed to stop him, maybe because he was obviously weakened, but he seemed really powerful when he released all that energy. Still, to me it's pretty minor.

Loved the episode, 9.5/10!
Last edited by Amir on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Mojito must hate 17 now for bringing back U9.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 pm

Can someone doodle a Android 17 (Super) put into a bin trash Super Android 17 (GT) I want that so badly please :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So if ALL and I say ALL Universes are restored back I will see if my theory of Triplet Universe works, and if my theory is correct there should be Saiyan on Universe 18.
YES! I've been saying this. I think your theory might be right. Combine that with the fact that 17 brought back Universes 13 to 18 and i think the movie will tie into this.
Well first let's see how the movie goes, I don't want to jump hastily into conclusion hehehe :D

I'm a cautious man, I love making theories but theories backed up by some logical explanation, it's my Vulcan heart :P
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 pm

This episode was amazing.
    I was surprised that Goku and Frieza teamup,the way they took out Jiren was awesome. While I'm not the biggest Jiren fan I like the way how he was handled in the end.
      Android #17 is the MVP him bringing all the erased universes was very nice of him.
        My only complaint is how Whis revived Frieza that was really dumb but on the bright side he's back, really excited to see his plan in the future.
          The ending montage was a bit cheesy but I like the throwback of the saiyans saga.

ssj4
          Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Bringing Frieza back is a horrible idea.

Lord Beerus
          Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:05 pm

I really liked the twist that the Tournament Of Power was basically a secret test of character. Shows that the even the most ambivalent of the highest echelon of deities have some moral standards.

Gaffer Tape
          Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:05 pm

After last week's fiasco of an episode, I was quite ready for this one to suck the big one. And yet it didn't. Admittedly, the bar set by 130 was so embarrassingly low there was almost no way this one could be worse, but even that aside... this one was actually pretty darned good. The fighting held my interest for the first time in weeks. I feel I'm actually going to remember some of that. And the conclusion almost put a smile on my face. The ending wish was predictable, but the reveal that only a selfless wish would have been accepted kept it from feeling totally pointless. It's not groundbreaking storytelling, but I do like that it was all a test. My only gripe is the fact that so many characters were surprised #17 would make that wish. You'd have to be a total dick not to. I could see Freeza not making that wish, but most of Universe 7 definitely would have or should have.

That does, of course, lead to the worst part of the episode. #18 saying with full sincerity and anguish, "Are you really okay with wishing countless dead people back to life? I thought you wanted a boat!" is officially the dumbest thing anyone has ever uttered in the history of Dragon Ball. If you're ever depressed that you have a dead-end job you hate, try not to think about the fact that someone actually got paid to write that. But I laud Ito Miki for actually managing to deliver that line with sincerity. That is impressive.

I rolled my eyes at the Freeza tag at the end. Like we really need this again. And it certainly proved that Freeza was really there for nothing more than fanservice. His role could have been filled by anybody. This arc really did nothing special for him. And I wish there'd been a longer, more meaningful coda to go out on. As I predicted, it seemed a bit rushed but not as rushed as I thought it would. But just the fact that it didn't go out on a totally disappointing note is the best I could have hoped for. It doesn't fix the myriad problem this series couldn't seem to shake, but I'm very happy they managed to pull together some competent writing for the end.

I'm still glad it's ending, and I still hope it doesn't come back. But there are a lot of worse episodes this could have ended on.
          Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
          Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Ilikepictures-meh
          Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:06 pm

TheMikado wrote:Haven’t seen the episode yet but I’m super confused.
          What we jirens wish?
          How did this resolve the issue of too many universes?
          They expectedly did not do your delusional "Goku wishes to not meet Beerus and reset everything" theory. That's for sure

Professor Freeza
          Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:10 pm

Great ending to Super... ill miss this.

But nothing trumps this moment

CJStriker_CBR
          I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:10 pm

Exline wrote:Hahaha when I realized the Universes were revived, I had a feeling you'd be psyched to see Ribrianne and the others. I was happy as well!!! Glad to see these new characters were not erased!!
          Thanks Exline and I am Very Happy to Hear that you where happy they all came back too. Indeed it is cool you thought of other fans when watching this like me cause it shows how invested we are in these New characters and how much we Appreciate Toei for keeping them in the Mythos. :thumbup:

It would have been a Major Waste for all these New characters that have grown onto many fans to be gone for good, it keeps those Fans Like Me and other Now Invested in DB More to hope to see More of them in Future DB Projects!

Indeed I did not know if Super would have time to bring them all back, BUT SO Happy I was Wrong on that, I am on Cloud~9 Right Now! :wink: :mrgreen:
          --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
          Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
          Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
          My #1 in DB!
          :thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
          http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Neo-Makaiōshin
          I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 pm

Future Trunks lays in fetal position, in a timeline that doesn't belong to him, after hearing Android #17 saved the multiverse and is now celebrating on his own personal cruise ship.
          Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

ssj4
          Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:11 pm

Cell is so overlooked. Both Frieza and Buu are alive again and play major roles. He's still dead.

Weejus
          Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Yes, lads! Ribrianne lives! It may have been a one second still, but it was worth it!

The episode was cool, too.

jplaya2023
          Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:13 pm

biggest thing i took from this episode is whiz can bring people back to life on a whim. Which means dragonballs are useless pretty much now. Also are they gonna let frieza just haul off and continue to destroy planets solar systems galaxies etc.. unchecked with no supervision what so ever?

SuperNamek

Post by SuperNamek » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:13 pm

That truly was a great episode and a fitting end to Dragon Ball Super. While this show wasent perfect, I'm still glad that it brought so many people together and gave us all a little more Dragon Ball to love and cherish. I'm gonna miss you Super, but I would be a fool to think that the Dragon Ball franchise itself is going to end anytime soon.

This Dragon Ball renaissance is just getting started. Until we meet again, Son Goku.