Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:33 am
I love that OG Bardock is still the fan favorite. Not a fan of the Super version.
I have the very same sentiment.

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:16 am

Image

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:12 am

Image
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Image

User avatar
Hulk10
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:33 am
I love that OG Bardock is still the fan favorite. Not a fan of the Super version.
I have the very same sentiment.
The OG Bardock is pretty badass I agree. But I like the Super version better.
Hulk is strongest one there is. -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I will never again bow to your charge! But I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking to Unicron controlled Megatron.

The arrogance of man is thinking that we are in control of our destiny. Let them fight. -Dr. Ishiro Serizawa to Admiral William Stenz.

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:33 am
I love that OG Bardock is still the fan favorite. Not a fan of the Super version.
I have the very same sentiment.
The OG Bardock is pretty badass I agree. But I like the Super version better.
I suppose it is because of Bardock: BR being a bit more of a family man than the original Bardock?

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Image

User avatar
Hulk10
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm
Hulk10 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am

I have the very same sentiment.
The OG Bardock is pretty badass I agree. But I like the Super version better.
I suppose it is because of Bardock: BR being a bit more of a family man than the original Bardock?
Yeah. Plus I like how he becomes suspicious on his own rather than due to visions.
Hulk is strongest one there is. -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I will never again bow to your charge! But I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking to Unicron controlled Megatron.

The arrogance of man is thinking that we are in control of our destiny. Let them fight. -Dr. Ishiro Serizawa to Admiral William Stenz.

Dbzfan94
I Live Here
Posts: 4880
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:33 am
I love that OG Bardock is still the fan favorite. Not a fan of the Super version.
I have the very same sentiment.
I feel the same as well.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Image
Hulk10 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm
Hulk10 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm


The OG Bardock is pretty badass I agree. But I like the Super version better.
I suppose it is because of Bardock: BR being a bit more of a family man than the original Bardock?
Yeah. Plus I like how he becomes suspicious on his own rather than due to visions.
psychic powers were always silly ...

User avatar
Hulk10
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:32 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:31 pm
Image
Hulk10 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm

I suppose it is because of Bardock: BR being a bit more of a family man than the original Bardock?
Yeah. Plus I like how he becomes suspicious on his own rather than due to visions.
psychic powers were always silly ...
Yeah. I mean wouldn't reading minds be a pretty unpleasant power to have?
Hulk is strongest one there is. -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I will never again bow to your charge! But I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking to Unicron controlled Megatron.

The arrogance of man is thinking that we are in control of our destiny. Let them fight. -Dr. Ishiro Serizawa to Admiral William Stenz.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:32 pm
Tai Lung wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:31 pm
Image
Hulk10 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm


Yeah. Plus I like how he becomes suspicious on his own rather than due to visions.
psychic powers were always silly ...
Yeah. I mean wouldn't reading minds be a pretty unpleasant power to have?
it never helped bardock, this is a convenience for the story but no sense

User avatar
Hulk10
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:39 pm
Hulk10 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:32 pm
Tai Lung wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:31 pm
Image



psychic powers were always silly ...
Yeah. I mean wouldn't reading minds be a pretty unpleasant power to have?
it never helped bardock, this is a convenience for the story but no sense
Yeah the new Bardock is more developed.

Just like the new Broly is more developed and I like him as a character better. I just wish he had kept his pale skin and his tail. Those are the only gripes I have with his character design.
Hulk is strongest one there is. -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I will never again bow to your charge! But I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking to Unicron controlled Megatron.

The arrogance of man is thinking that we are in control of our destiny. Let them fight. -Dr. Ishiro Serizawa to Admiral William Stenz.

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:15 pm
Yeah the new Bardock is more developed.
I disagree. Super's Bardock is a tool for the plot to move forward with no agency of his own. There's no logic behind his distrust of Frieza, he simply does. And if it was a logical assumption within the context of the story, then he should haven't been the only Saiyan to grow suspicious. For original Bardock, the visions are the tool to move the plot forward while Bardock himself does have a character arc, growing to care just for himself to put everything on the line to avenge his friends. It might be small and shallow but is a character arc nonetheless, that is more Super's Bardock has.

Image

User avatar
Hulk10
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:31 pm
Hulk10 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:15 pm
Yeah the new Bardock is more developed.
I disagree. Super's Bardock is a tool for the plot to move forward with no agency of his own. There's no logic behind his distrust of Frieza, he simply does. And if it was a logical assumption within the context of the story, then he should haven't been the only Saiyan to grow suspicious. For original Bardock, the visions are the tool to move the plot forward while Bardock himself does have a character arc, growing to care just for himself to put everything on the line to avenge his friends. It might be small and shallow but is a character arc nonetheless, that is more Super's Bardock has.

Image
Your welcome to disagree. But I stand by my statement.
Hulk is strongest one there is. -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I will never again bow to your charge! But I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking to Unicron controlled Megatron.

The arrogance of man is thinking that we are in control of our destiny. Let them fight. -Dr. Ishiro Serizawa to Admiral William Stenz.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20535
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Image

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:23 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Image

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:10 pm

Image
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:31 pm
Hulk10 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:15 pm
Yeah the new Bardock is more developed.
I disagree. Super's Bardock is a tool for the plot to move forward with no agency of his own. There's no logic behind his distrust of Frieza, he simply does. And if it was a logical assumption within the context of the story, then he should haven't been the only Saiyan to grow suspicious. For original Bardock, the visions are the tool to move the plot forward while Bardock himself does have a character arc, growing to care just for himself to put everything on the line to avenge his friends. It might be small and shallow but is a character arc nonetheless, that is more Super's Bardock has.
in the OG movie nobody else notices it because the saiyans in general are idiots and cretins
in the broly movie
In leeks words most saiyans hated frieza but never believed he would kill them because they believed be necessary they. .... since they formed 50% of the frieza army

User avatar
Skar
Regular
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm
Location: US

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Skar » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:37 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:28 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:54 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:33 am
I love that OG Bardock is still the fan favorite. Not a fan of the Super version.
I have the very same sentiment.
I feel the same as well.
Image

Post Reply