Dragon Ball Super: Mastered Edition (RECUT)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

ronaldnorth_03
Not-So-Newbie

Dragon Ball Super: Mastered Edition (RECUT)

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Dragon Ball Super is a series with many hits and many errors, which ends up affecting the overall result of the story. This is due to the BOG and ROF bows that were brought in unnecessarily. Since this is a project for hardcore fans, who are already linked to what happens in the franchise, these two bows will be deleted, starting with the Champa arch. Gradually I bring news, wait for more information.

ImageImage

Dragon Ball Super is a series as a great premise for an uncompromising continuation of the original series. Nevertheless, Toei Animation and Akira Toriyama have made some creative decisions that undermine the story's end result. With this project, I want to make it more polished and less megalomaniac. So, I want to clarify three main points of it:

1st polishing of the plot.
example: Vegeta Copy, movie recounts and some dialogue in the major sagas will be cut.

2nd Course Corrections. (I will try)
Example: Bringing up that dimension slit created by Black, making people on the other timelines give energy to Genkidama, similar to Xenoverse 2.

3rd Corrections in the animation.
example: some noses of Yoshitaka Yashima.

It's an ambitious project, but I guarantee it will be fun for me. By the way, they can help me in conducting the project, either in the plot or corrections in the art.

[EDITED]
Last edited by ronaldnorth_03 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronaldnorth_03
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Mastered Edition (RECUT)

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm thinking of editing Kaioken's aura, which seems strange to me. Did you like the result or prefer the original?

ImageImage

Shaddy
Advanced Regular

Post by Shaddy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Second one looks a lot more readable. But what does this stuff look like in motion? Editing even one animation cut to change Ten's colors or Goku's aura is a pretty tall task, it'd take a really long time to get it done even if it looked bad.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

ronaldnorth_03
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Second one looks a lot more readable. But what does this stuff look like in motion? Editing even one animation cut to change Ten's colors or Goku's aura is a pretty tall task, it'd take a really long time to get it done even if it looked bad.
It's a gif with the initial concept, a few more frames left. https://imgur.com/a/oXxdr6w

Hobby Bill

Post by Hobby Bill » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:50 am

I think the Ultra Instinct Cut project is trying to achieve the same thing as this one (aside from the visual edits). More info would help.

ronaldnorth_03
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:25 pm

I added more information. I'm starting work on the Kaioken scene before I start editing the episodes so they can be released in less time.

ronaldnorth_03
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:30 pm

The first episode will be ready in a few days. Due to the exclusion of the arches of Beerus and Golden Freeza, this new arch will follow the events of the films released in 2013 and 2015. That is why there is a dialogue in episode 28 where Goku is unaware of the existence of other universes, something that Beerus said in the 2013 film.

ronaldnorth_03
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:29 am

The bow 'God of Destruction Champa' will have a different opening than the original. Although the music remains the same, the images will be in accordance with the arc.

ronaldnorth_03
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:00 pm

Even today the opening of Dragon Ball Super will be available. I made some changes to my original plan, choosing to simplify it.

PS: Tien, Krillin and Bulma will not be with his clothes of the battle events of the Gods, because the story start at the champa arc.