Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
SpiritBombTriumphant
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:04 pm

Bananaman wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:03 pm
we have Broadcast audio for the original Dragon Ball?
I said a month or two ago that I believed we would one day get broadcast audio for OG DB... I never thought it would be so soon. I've checked and apparently GT has broadcast audio out as well. Holy shit, this is like what Newton said: For every reaction, there is an equal and opposite reaction. We get coronavirus, we get OG DB broadcast audio.

I am so fucking glad I checked this thread because I had no idea this stuff was out. Even if it isn't synced and IDK how to sync it, I believe we'll get it soon enough. Thank you Bananaman and thank you IAmTheMilkman for your work. We don't deserve you. If you ever accept donations for your work, LMK how to throw some money your way. <3

User avatar
Aim
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Aim » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 am

Is it true? Are you really doing a full release of Dragon Ball and Z with full Broadcast Audio? Will you be adding subtitles and next episode previews? If so, you have my appreciation!

dci260
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by dci260 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Considering how you edited the previous Kai openings to avoid spoilers, I was just curious as to how you plan to avoid spoilers in the Kai Buu Arc opening? The reason I ask is because it's so chock-full of them that they seem impossible to get around. That said, it would be rather impressive if you managed to do so.

gamrgrljuicebox
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by gamrgrljuicebox » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:49 am

While you're patching up Dragon Ball Recut, is there any chance at minor adjustments to the subtitles as well? There are minor inconsistencies between Classic and Z's subs, such as the Budokai being called "Tenkaichi Tournament."

User avatar
Catsenti
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:00 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Catsenti » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:07 pm

Just wanna say, I LOVED Dragon Ball Recut. Just finished it two days ago, and I must say, you are a masterful editor. I can't wait to see how it sounds with the broadcast audio.

User avatar
IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:32 am
IAmTheMilkMan wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:37 am
Scsigs wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:03 am
How many of the insert songs could you find high-quality raw MP3s for?
I have them all lossless.
Nice. Were they hard to track down?
Nope, I've had them for years.
sangofe wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:00 am
Are you making all Kai in Japanese Yamamoto?
No, that's borderline impossible. Saiyan to Cell is Yamamoto for all except the bits of the Japanese track that only ever aired with Kikuchi. Boo will be Sumitomo.
SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:04 pm
I said a month or two ago that I believed we would one day get broadcast audio for OG DB... I never thought it would be so soon. I've checked and apparently GT has broadcast audio out as well. Holy shit, this is like what Newton said: For every reaction, there is an equal and opposite reaction. We get coronavirus, we get OG DB broadcast audio.

I am so fucking glad I checked this thread because I had no idea this stuff was out. Even if it isn't synced and IDK how to sync it, I believe we'll get it soon enough. Thank you Bananaman and thank you IAmTheMilkman for your work. We don't deserve you. If you ever accept donations for your work, LMK how to throw some money your way. <3
I'm honestly still shocked that it happened. If I thought it would happen eventually, I never thought it would be this soon.

It's really kind of you to offer donations, but I'm not sure I could ever accept. I think I'd feel weird about it. On the one hand, yeah, I definitely could use the help—this is an incredibly time-consuming task that takes almost all of my available free time to do. On the other hand, it's something I choose to do, and it's kind of my own problem. I appreciate the offer though.
Aim wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 am
Is it true? Are you really doing a full release of Dragon Ball and Z with full Broadcast Audio? Will you be adding subtitles and next episode previews? If so, you have my appreciation!
Nope. This is only for my Recut projects, not the series proper.
dci260 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:57 pm
Considering how you edited the previous Kai openings to avoid spoilers, I was just curious as to how you plan to avoid spoilers in the Kai Buu Arc opening? The reason I ask is because it's so chock-full of them that they seem impossible to get around. That said, it would be rather impressive if you managed to do so.
You're right, it's pretty damn difficult to pull off—impossible when only using the footage provided in both versions of the opening. For that reason, I was all but forced to use footage from the previous Kai openings in order to make up for all the spoilers I removed. I think it works surprisingly well though; the way I used the old opening footage makes it play out like a montage of all the big bads up to this point. The only spoilers I still couldn't avoid that I was hoping to were that of fusion being a thing, and Goten and Trunks going Super Saiyan. As for fusion, it's still pretty ambiguous if you haven't seen the series—Trunks and Goten do the dance, but I stick with the silhouette of Gotenks from the international opening. As for those two being able to go Super Saiyan, I wanted to avoid that reveal because it's such a fun surprise in the series when it happens, but then again even the original Z spoiled that in the opening, so I don't feel too bad about it. It happens early on anyway, so I guess it's okay.
gamrgrljuicebox wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:49 am
While you're patching up Dragon Ball Recut, is there any chance at minor adjustments to the subtitles as well? There are minor inconsistencies between Classic and Z's subs, such as the Budokai being called "Tenkaichi Tournament."
I was not aware of that, but I'll definitely give it a shot. If there are any more, let me know.
Catsenti wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:07 pm
Just wanna say, I LOVED Dragon Ball Recut. Just finished it two days ago, and I must say, you are a masterful editor. I can't wait to see how it sounds with the broadcast audio.
Thanks for checking it out, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm actually pretty far along in the broadcast audio syncing process right now, so the wait shouldn't be much longer (and it sounds great).
aka TheMilkmanConspiracy on IFDB
aka WhereIsTheMilkman elsewhere

User avatar
PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by PremiumSalt » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:00 pm

IAmTheMilkMan wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:38 pm
gamrgrljuicebox wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:49 am
While you're patching up Dragon Ball Recut, is there any chance at minor adjustments to the subtitles as well? There are minor inconsistencies between Classic and Z's subs, such as the Budokai being called "Tenkaichi Tournament."
I was not aware of that, but I'll definitely give it a shot. If there are any more, let me know.
One other glaring one that I recall is that the OG DB subs translate "Jinzoningen" as Cyborg, unlike the subs for Z, Kai, Super, etc, which use "Artificial Human".
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Tournament of Power 8. 21st Budōkai 9. Broly 10. Battle of Gods 11. Boo 12. U6 Tournament 13. Freeza 14. Red Ribbon Army 15. Artificial Humans/Cell 16.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6576
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by sangofe » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:39 am

IAmTheMilkMan wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:38 pm
Scsigs wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:32 am
IAmTheMilkMan wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:37 am

I have them all lossless.
Nice. Were they hard to track down?
Nope, I've had them for years.
sangofe wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:00 am
Are you making all Kai in Japanese Yamamoto?
No, that's borderline impossible. Saiyan to Cell is Yamamoto for all except the bits of the Japanese track that only ever aired with Kikuchi. Boo will be Sumitomo.
SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:04 pm
I said a month or two ago that I believed we would one day get broadcast audio for OG DB... I never thought it would be so soon. I've checked and apparently GT has broadcast audio out as well. Holy shit, this is like what Newton said: For every reaction, there is an equal and opposite reaction. We get coronavirus, we get OG DB broadcast audio.

I am so fucking glad I checked this thread because I had no idea this stuff was out. Even if it isn't synced and IDK how to sync it, I believe we'll get it soon enough. Thank you Bananaman and thank you IAmTheMilkman for your work. We don't deserve you. If you ever accept donations for your work, LMK how to throw some money your way. <3
I'm honestly still shocked that it happened. If I thought it would happen eventually, I never thought it would be this soon.

It's really kind of you to offer donations, but I'm not sure I could ever accept. I think I'd feel weird about it. On the one hand, yeah, I definitely could use the help—this is an incredibly time-consuming task that takes almost all of my available free time to do. On the other hand, it's something I choose to do, and it's kind of my own problem. I appreciate the offer though.
Aim wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 am
Is it true? Are you really doing a full release of Dragon Ball and Z with full Broadcast Audio? Will you be adding subtitles and next episode previews? If so, you have my appreciation!
Nope. This is only for my Recut projects, not the series proper.
dci260 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:57 pm
Considering how you edited the previous Kai openings to avoid spoilers, I was just curious as to how you plan to avoid spoilers in the Kai Buu Arc opening? The reason I ask is because it's so chock-full of them that they seem impossible to get around. That said, it would be rather impressive if you managed to do so.
You're right, it's pretty damn difficult to pull off—impossible when only using the footage provided in both versions of the opening. For that reason, I was all but forced to use footage from the previous Kai openings in order to make up for all the spoilers I removed. I think it works surprisingly well though; the way I used the old opening footage makes it play out like a montage of all the big bads up to this point. The only spoilers I still couldn't avoid that I was hoping to were that of fusion being a thing, and Goten and Trunks going Super Saiyan. As for fusion, it's still pretty ambiguous if you haven't seen the series—Trunks and Goten do the dance, but I stick with the silhouette of Gotenks from the international opening. As for those two being able to go Super Saiyan, I wanted to avoid that reveal because it's such a fun surprise in the series when it happens, but then again even the original Z spoiled that in the opening, so I don't feel too bad about it. It happens early on anyway, so I guess it's okay.
gamrgrljuicebox wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:49 am
While you're patching up Dragon Ball Recut, is there any chance at minor adjustments to the subtitles as well? There are minor inconsistencies between Classic and Z's subs, such as the Budokai being called "Tenkaichi Tournament."
I was not aware of that, but I'll definitely give it a shot. If there are any more, let me know.
Catsenti wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:07 pm
Just wanna say, I LOVED Dragon Ball Recut. Just finished it two days ago, and I must say, you are a masterful editor. I can't wait to see how it sounds with the broadcast audio.
Thanks for checking it out, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm actually pretty far along in the broadcast audio syncing process right now, so the wait shouldn't be much longer (and it sounds great).
Too bad. Would A Kikuchi rescore be possible?

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Shaddy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:19 pm

Just wait for the Z recut if that's what you want. Especially given the JP performances in Z are generally better than Kai anyway.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

gamrgrljuicebox
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by gamrgrljuicebox » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:23 am

woah milkman-sensei noticed me

Anyway thank you for taking my suggestion, classic Dragon Ball is one of my favourite anime and I'm looking forward to the defnitive version of it

Also thank you to PremiumSalt for pointing out the "Cyborg" inconsistency in the subtitles too

gamrgrljuicebox
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by gamrgrljuicebox » Sat May 09, 2020 10:14 pm

Oh, I did think of another thing regarding the subtitles. Not sure whether or not you'd consider this something to be "fixed" or not but I thought it was weird that the subs translate Kami as God when Kami is treated as his name and even the dub leaves it alone

phantop
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:57 am

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by phantop » Sun May 10, 2020 2:50 pm

gamrgrljuicebox wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:14 pm
Oh, I did think of another thing regarding the subtitles. Not sure whether or not you'd consider this something to be "fixed" or not but I thought it was weird that the subs translate Kami as God when Kami is treated as his name and even the dub leaves it alone
It's still intended to function as calling him God, and the dubs just called him Kami because they couldn't call a character God on a kids show in America. His name is God and he works as the role of God as well.

s841
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by s841 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:09 am

Logged in for the first time in years just to say, thanks a lot for this! I don't know how I just came across this but a Kai of Kai... great work! Can't wait for the Buu arc.

User avatar
Zero999
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Zero999 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 am

Just wanted to say that this recut is amazing and is easily the best way to watch Dragon Ball for me.

I was wondering though, will you be using the international opening and ending for the Boo arc, or will you be using the Japanese opening and endings?

User avatar
IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:57 pm

Sorry for the delay, everyone. It's pretty much completely finished at this point, I'm just waiting on one more piece of the puzzle, and then I'll get it out almost immediately after that. Shouldn't be much longer though.
s841 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:09 am
Logged in for the first time in years just to say, thanks a lot for this! I don't know how I just came across this but a Kai of Kai... great work! Can't wait for the Buu arc.
Zero999 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 am
Just wanted to say that this recut is amazing and is easily the best way to watch Dragon Ball for me.
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad you both enjoy the project! Thanks for checking it out.
Zero999 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 am
I was wondering though, will you be using the international opening and ending for the Boo arc, or will you be using the Japanese opening and endings?
Mixture of both at the beginning while I try desperately to avoid excessive spoilers, and then eventually it will just be the Japanese openings and endings.
aka TheMilkmanConspiracy on IFDB
aka WhereIsTheMilkman elsewhere

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Forte224 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:42 pm

I absolutely cannot wait for DBZ Recut!

User avatar
Kakkaroto735
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:32 pm

Are the actual episodes shorter to remove filler dialogue as well or is this just to remove filler episodes? I wanna know. Thank you very much by the way.
“You cannot buy the revolution. You cannot make the revolution. You can only be the revolution. It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Shaddy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Kakkaroto735 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:32 pm
Are the actual episodes shorter to remove filler dialogue as well or is this just to remove filler episodes? I wanna know. Thank you very much by the way.
It removes every bit of filler content it possibly can. There wouldn't be much point to a fancut of a show if all it did was delete a few episodes.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Kakkaroto735
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 pm
Kakkaroto735 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:32 pm
Are the actual episodes shorter to remove filler dialogue as well or is this just to remove filler episodes? I wanna know. Thank you very much by the way.
40

It removes every bit of filler content it possibly can. There wouldn't be much point to a fancut of a show if all it did was delete a few episodes.
I kinda knew it was gonna be that way. Hopefully we can get audio tracks for the original broadcast audio recut to match the fancut episodes because dear dende I don't want to have to download that 40 GB torrent.
“You cannot buy the revolution. You cannot make the revolution. You can only be the revolution. It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Shaddy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:36 am

He's already working on that, give it some time.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

Post Reply