DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
dario03
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1351
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by dario03 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:45 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:40 am
Scsigs wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:25 am
Damn. Really hoped they got Ben back as Mez, but I understand if a bridge got burned there & it can't be fixed.

Also, I VASTLY prefer this CGI to whatever they were using before.

Man, that was GREAT! Honestly, if these guys were able to make a series like Rick & Morty, they'd have 1 of the best animated shows ever. Bet.
You can thank DevilArtemis for this episode from his "Perfect Cell vs." work.

I really hope him and TFS can keep collaborating in the future.

Though this episode was really funny to watch as a fan of the DevilArtemis Universe seeing as how it's exactly that style, except with TFS voice-work instead :P
CGI Cell voiced by Taka instead of DevilArtemis threw me off a lot. Rest was fine but I'm just so used to DA's Cell voice with that animation.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7752
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm

Well, a man can still dream that Season 4 will be a thing someday...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Scsigs » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:17 pm

Noah wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm
Well, a man can still dream that Season 4 will be a thing someday...
It's weird. If they hadn't cancelled season 4, then they could've maybe done a batch of episodes or the movies over the last year & change because of COVID.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:57 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:17 pm
Noah wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm
Well, a man can still dream that Season 4 will be a thing someday...
It's weird. If they hadn't cancelled season 4, then they could've maybe done a batch of episodes or the movies over the last year & change because of COVID.
Not really. Having more time to throw your head against a wall doesn't make it a more pleasant activity.

WittyUsername
I Live Here
Posts: 3206
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 pm

Abridging as a general YouTube trend is definitely dead at this point. There’s simply no benefit in TeamFourStar continuing to do DBZA. Not only does it come with copyright baggage, but from what I understand, being involved in an abridged series can be detrimental for anyone who happens to be an aspiring voice actor. Frankly, I’m shocked that LittleKuriboh hasn’t completely given up on YGOTAS.

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Scsigs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:43 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 pm
Abridging as a general YouTube trend is definitely dead at this point. There’s simply no benefit in TeamFourStar continuing to do DBZA. Not only does it come with copyright baggage, but from what I understand, being involved in an abridged series can be detrimental for anyone who happens to be an aspiring voice actor. Frankly, I’m shocked that LittleKuriboh hasn’t completely given up on YGOTAS.
He hasn't given up on it because it's literally a thing he does for money. Not directly, since he can't monetize his videos, but he gets donations, goes to cons as a featured guest, & whatever else. He also doesn't do it every month like TFS did, which is a part of their creative burnout, I think. Literally doing that shit from 2012-2018 with no breaks to do an episode, a special, or movie every month is bound to be exhausting. Then, poor Kaiser, editing the visuals to the new dialogue, music, & sound effects. I'm honestly impressed he could soldier on & not need to get anyone else but Masako to help him out. LK also has people edit his episodes for him, so he doesn't have a huge workload, so that helps. He'll probably bee done with season 5 by, like, 2025 or 26 at this pace, then he'll probably abridge the Dark Side of Dimensions movie after that & finally be done with it, unless he gets more raws for Season 0 or does the rest of Capsule Monsters, but I doubt it. He also legitimately loves Yugioh & always had plans to get to the end of the series, from what I know, unlike TFS, who only really had plans to get to the end of Cell. At this point as well, he might as well since he's started Season 5 already. He's also, for the moment, stopped having copyright troubles.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Post Reply