Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:57 am

It's really hard to read week after week pages without action, humour or DB characters. It doesn't even qualify as boring.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:17 am

Jack Bz wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:30 am This uhhh...seems completely out of character for the kaioshins. They seem like 2 gokus rather than the types to kill Broly as a baby for being a threat. I had assumed the tournament was the Vargas' idea.
They might already know Buu by this point and be planning it with/for him.

In fact I'm starting to wonder if the unlikeliness of the two inventions at the same time in the one universe with proactive kaioshins wasn't a fix. We've seen Buu input ideas I to people's dreams and make them think it was their own idea...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:16 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:57 am It's really hard to read week after week pages without action, humour or DB characters. It doesn't even qualify as boring.
They mentioned on the first page of the special that the next chapter begins August 6th for those not interested. I think that would've been easier if you found really hard to read.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Interestingly, the Vegeta vs Cell fight isn't going to be drawn by Asura, but he'll be back drawing afterwards.

As long as the style is still trying to be faithful to dragon ball, this sounds like a good decision. I'd rather have the comic continue with a different guest artist than have 2 specials in a row.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:27 pm

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:07 pm Interestingly, the Vegeta vs Cell fight isn't going to be drawn by Asura, but he'll be back drawing afterwards.

As long as the style is still trying to be faithful to dragon ball, this sounds like a good decision. I'd rather have the comic continue with a different guest artist than have 2 specials in a row.
Same here. As long as it's close to "Dragon Ball style" whether it's Toriyama's or old Yamamuro style (because it's the most common amongst the fandom). Don't get me wrong, I'm complaing about story bits of DBM but I have huge respect for the artists (DB style or not), but it's always nice to see comics about Dragon Ball in "Dragon Ball" style.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:38 pm

so glad that the previous special was so short. Lets get back to Uub going even further beyond a Super Human.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:13 am

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:38 pm so glad that the previous special was so short. Lets get back to Uub going even further beyond a Super Human.
Nah. Oob hasn't done that yet. To go even further and beyond, you got to just give it your most manly scream for at least 5 minutes straight. I'm talking raw, like you're just constipated deep down and need to push hard to find it. Then you'll have have to make sure you're in a padded room so that if you pass out, you'll have someplace soft to break your fall. Then you'll need to relay the story at an appearance while also talking about your take from another session and have the fans mix up which session caused you to pass out.
...what was I talking about now?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:31 am

So vegeta is gonna finally bullshit a new form and beat cell even though he started stronger, kept training and should have more potential.

I'm only looking forward to the stupid form that puts them above Gohan because it won't be as good as super and Sal doesn't like super so I can feel smug about it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

korsten
Banned Alternate Account

Post by korsten » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:39 am

Was hoping the pay off be Buu chuckling in his own universe as everything went accordingly (or something to that effect) wonder at what point the Grans supreme kai decided to ally? Could had been an opportunity there for that.

I think it's grown in scale and influence, to have invoke a patreon funded fan animation project (Literally DBM but title change)

Another fan comic.

And DBM now has a secondary comic that isn't a special on it's site, and is now connected officially to DBM.

It's neat that a fan project despite how some people think it fared over the years has helped inspire new material, that should show at least that the template Salagir came up with was quite novel as with the tournament and concept of his multiverse has opened the door to other opportunities by fans to add their own take.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:13 pm

No one else is smart enough to carry senzu beans on themselves. Disappointing. :problem:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:59 pm

Goku's just thankful there wasn't a truck to crash into this time
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:06 pm

I'm getting Goku vs Jackie Chun vibes with this situation. Maybe intentional as it's a very similar setting of a master and their student in a tournament match.

I'm kinda confused tho. Does Goku actually have a new form or is it only Vegeta?? If he does have a new form, is he just refusing to use it until he fights Vegeta?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:38 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:13 pm
No one else is smart enough to carry senzu beans on themselves. Disappointing. :problem:
Using a Senzu Bean in the middle of a tournament fight would be cheating, and Goku ain't about that. Even if there were no rules against it, he's not going to use it.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:41 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:38 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:13 pm
Using a Senzu Bean in the middle of a tournament fight would be cheating, and Goku ain't about that. Even if there were no rules against it, he's not going to use it.
I know. Damn their honor. I REALLY wanted them to keep going.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:18 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:06 pmI'm kinda confused tho. Does Goku actually have a new form or is it only Vegeta?? If he does have a new form, is he just refusing to use it until he fights Vegeta?
I don't know if it's a new form, but seems like both of them have it:

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:35 pm

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:06 pm

It's a bit disappointing that this is all we get, really the previous page should have been the last one before the Vargas Tales Special, but as fights go, that was fun. Now I hope that Uub's next focus in his training will be to figure out how to reduce the painful effects of Kaioken, and Kaioken Transcendent.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:54 pm

I'm actually surprised that Oob genuinely managed to knock Goku out. At the same time I'm a little annoyed that Goku got the short end of the stick when it comes to "Post Boo Arc" strength gains, I mean, Vegeta has a new power, Gohan kept all his power without doing so much as a sit up, Pan turned Super Saiyan, Oob and Gotenks got Technique Buffs from Zen Boo yet Goku gets nothing but "a little bit" stronger.. Thats kinda lame.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:48 am

This fight is pretty lame honestly. The Kaio-ken Transcendent is silly, and it's just him smacking Goku around with no resistance until both of them are knocked out. Goku doesn't manage to do anything when that technique is pulled out, it's incredibly flat.

That he hasn't showed anything new even this far is also pretty boring.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!