Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [COMPLETE]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Ssj3Engels » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:35 am

SaiyamanMS wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:58 am
Móralltach wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:49 pm DB Recut and DB Kai Recut are fantastic.

That said, I have a question. Are the DB / DBZ movies purely filler? Where might they fit in for my watch-through?

I'm a DBZ on Toonami kid so I haven't sat down to read the source material (another reason why these projects are amazing).
The films that came out during the original run of the series are 100% filler. The more recent films Battle of Gods, Resurrection “F” and Dragon Ball Super: Broly are canon. All three of those films are set after the end of the Buu arc, but before the epilogue.
Good answer, but to be even more precise, the movies are not set before the epilogue, since that exists only in the manga (and only in the Kanzenban edition), they are set before what fans have termed "End of Z''. I'ts the true end of the story, and the end of the entire DB saga (since the original manga was ''Dragon Ball'' all the way through, with no ''Z'' split).

That also reminds me that there was one crazy dude on the forums back in the day that would INSIST there was some distinction between ''filler'' and ''non-canon'', though he could not justify why this was so. :lol:

Clemsi

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [WIP, Saiyan to Cell COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WIP]

Post by Clemsi » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:54 pm

@IAmTheMilkMan, I translated the first ten episodes in french, which corresponds to the Hunt for the Dragon Balls Arc.

Did you notice that the subtitles are not perfectly timed ?
I mean, sometimes the subtitles appear on the screen for too long.
So I want to know if you are going to retime the subtitles or if I have to do it myself.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri May 13, 2022 11:27 am

I would love to know where to watch Dragon Ball Recut please pm for the link ♥
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri May 13, 2022 11:48 am

Clemsi wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:54 pm @IAmTheMilkMan, I translated the first ten episodes in french, which corresponds to the Hunt for the Dragon Balls Arc.

Did you notice that the subtitles are not perfectly timed ?
I mean, sometimes the subtitles appear on the screen for too long.
So I want to know if you are going to retime the subtitles or if I have to do it myself.

I think he's got enough to do with the project already, man...

Clemsi

Post by Clemsi » Sat May 14, 2022 7:11 pm

Yeah, I know...
Retiming the subtitles after translating them in french is going to be a pain in the ass. :mrgreen:

I just hope the subtitles of Dragon Ball Z Recut will be perfectly timed.

Aspiring-Creator

Post by Aspiring-Creator » Sat May 14, 2022 7:20 pm

Clemsi wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:11 pm Yeah, I know...
Retiming the subtitles after translating them in french is going to be a pain in the ass. :mrgreen:

I just hope the subtitles of Dragon Ball Z Recut will be perfectly timed.
If they're not though then honestly it's not the biggest deal. I mean the dude puts in so much effort on these recuts and at the very least ensures the subtitles aren't wrong or completely out-of-sync.

Clemsi

Post by Clemsi » Sun May 15, 2022 4:04 pm

You are right.

Thanks to @IAmTheMilkMan, one day we will have an anime adaptation of the Dragon Ball Manga without fillers scenes and with the Kikuchi OST, the 4:3 aspect ratio, the broadcast audio, the seiyuus at their prime and the openings and endings of Kageyama !

I just finished translating the episode 22 in french, which corresponds to the end of the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai Arc !

Gloryman

Post by Gloryman » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:36 pm

So I enjoy the edits so far, classic Dragon Ball and DBZ. I'm just curious how far are you at in finishing the Majin Buu arc? On a percentage scale how close are you to being finished?

roseofpain

Post by roseofpain » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:40 pm

Something I hope to see being done is color correcting DB and DBZ (Kai) Recut. The color timing from the original broadcast footage would be the best source.

CodeOfMe

Post by CodeOfMe » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:45 pm

roseofpain wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:40 pm Something I hope to see being done is color correcting DB and DBZ (Kai) Recut. The color timing from the original broadcast footage would be the best source.
There is a color correction project going on, but who knows if Milkman will re-edit the show again just to use the color corrected footage.
Go over time and space...

roseofpain

Post by roseofpain » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:39 pm

Is the video footage from Kai Recut taken from the Dragon Box?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:27 pm

roseofpain wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:39 pm Is the video footage from Kai Recut taken from the Dragon Box?
The first three arcs are from Kai, but the (as of yet unreleased) Buu arc is going to use color-corrected Dragon Box footage, according to milkman.

roseofpain

Post by roseofpain » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:36 pm

Clemsi wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:04 pm Thanks to @IAmTheMilkMan, one day we will have an anime adaptation of the Dragon Ball Manga without fillers scenes and with the Kikuchi OST, the 4:3 aspect ratio, the broadcast audio, the seiyuus at their prime and the openings and endings of Kageyama !
That's what I want to see.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:15 pm

Clemsi wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:04 pm You are right.

Thanks to @IAmTheMilkMan, one day we will have an anime adaptation of the Dragon Ball Manga without fillers scenes and with the Kikuchi OST, the 4:3 aspect ratio, the broadcast audio, the seiyuus at their prime and the openings and endings of Kageyama !

I just finished translating the episode 22 in french, which corresponds to the end of the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai Arc !
Do not forget the color-corrected footage replacing the sucky (hello kei!), altered and old Dragon Box one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clemsi

Post by Clemsi » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:40 pm

I just finished translating the episode 46 of Dragon Ball Recut in french, which corresponds to the end of the Fortuneteller Baba Arc !

However, I noticed some imperfections with the Broadcast Audio of a few episodes, like the episode 32 at 24:08 and at 25:22.
Can someone at least check this episode and confirm it please ?
I wonder if it's a synchronization problem or if it's a Broadcast Audio problem...

@IAmTheMilkMan, are you planning on releasing a V3 of Dragon Ball recut ?
Maybe there are better sources for the Broadcast Audio now.

And what about the V1 of Dragon Ball Recut with Dragon Box Japanese Audio ?
Can we still get it somewhere ?

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:53 am

Shaddy wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:27 pm
roseofpain wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:39 pm Is the video footage from Kai Recut taken from the Dragon Box?
The first three arcs are from Kai, but the (as of yet unreleased) Buu arc is going to use color-corrected Dragon Box footage, according to milkman.
Shaddy, you wouldn't happen to know what editing software IAmTheMilkMan uses?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:30 pm

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:53 am Shaddy, you wouldn't happen to know what editing software IAmTheMilkMan uses?
No clue. Anything I say about him is just things he's said in this thread at one point or another.

I think most people use Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere, though. Depending on what you want to do, there's not really a huge need for anything in particular. Most of my youtube videos are extremely basic, I don't need premiere, I just happened to get access to it.

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:27 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:30 pm
Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:53 am Shaddy, you wouldn't happen to know what editing software IAmTheMilkMan uses?
No clue. Anything I say about him is just things he's said in this thread at one point or another.

I think most people use Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere, though. Depending on what you want to do, there's not really a huge need for anything in particular. Most of my youtube videos are extremely basic, I don't need premiere, I just happened to get access to it.
I think I want to take a crack at doing a Blue Water Dragon Ball cut and an Ocean Dragon Ball Z cut

GorillaCentral

Post by GorillaCentral » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:50 am

Excellent project. Any updates on the Buu saga?

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 am

GorillaCentral wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:50 am Excellent project. Any updates on the Buu saga?
Milkman mentioned a few pages back that syncing the Dragon Box footage to the Kai TFC audio was taking way longer than anticipated due to the absurd amount of cuts made to pretty much every shot. Shit takes time, especially if he has a job or any other obligations.

With any luck maybe me talking will summon another batch like before, hahaha.