Neko Majin Z Fan audio episode 5 auditions

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Neko Majin Z Fan audio episode 5 auditions

Post by Azure » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Hope you don't mind me posting this here.

Neko Majin Z is a self parody manga by Akira Toiryama author of Dragon Ball/Z and Dr Slump. Neko Majin ran for 5 chapters in the Japanese version of the famous manga magazine shonen jump and is also available in book format. NMZ makes lots of fun of DBZ, with the main character Z the Neko Majin being not too far from Db’s hero Son Goku

Episodes 1-4 are are up here

This is the last episode so features a ton of characters from Dragon Ball Z, I've added in a few since the NMZ manga shows a few but they do not speak. Since the chronology is a little off in the manga too I've taken liberty with their ages. I am not worried if you sound like the dubs or not, I watched the Ocean dub when it was on but if you can do FUNimation cast impersonations feel free. This is a parody so as long as the characters are recognizable that's fine. ( Which is why voice ranges are not listed here)

GOHAN
( Minor part)

Goku's son is now an adult pretty much, he still retains his light hearted soul. All the excitement has got him thinking about his heroic past

Line 1:

See! I told you my Great Saiyaman outfit still fits!

Line 2: ( In his heroic voice)

GOHAN: HAHA! ALRIGHT NEVER FEAR THE GREAT SAIYMAN IS HERE!

GOKU
Main character

Goku one of the most powerful warriors ever, he also has a very pure heart or else is very simple. We've reflected his country accent from the Japanese version, but I'm not stuck to this like glue. What I've most looking for is a voice that embodies adult Goku. ( Goku does do a little humming/singing in this episode nothing fancy just make sure you are comfortable with it ;D)

Line 1:

Well I was gonna ask, have ya been keeping up your training?

Line 2:

Gosh Dang it! I could of sworn it was around here!

Line 3:

( an attack yell as if Goku is diving toward an opponent about to hit him)

Ox King
( Minor Part)

Goku's father in law, he's always cheerful and happy and has a deep booming voice.

Line 1:

So Goku! Did you bring help?!

Line 2:

Never better!

Uub

A student of Goku's a reincarnation of Buu. Poor guy often get forgotten about!

Line 1:

It's been ages! I'm glad you could come!

Pan

Ahh isn't she your fav character ever?!! It's Gohan's daughter Pan, since GT doesn't seem to have happened here perhaps she grows up as a cool character!

Line 1:

So are you are you sure this is going to work?

Line 2:
Doing great! Just waiting to have an adventure of my very own

Please name your files yourname_charactername_lineno.mp3

Zip them all up, along with a text file with your contact details to aralechan@gmail.com

Deadline is Sunday the 11th of October[/url]

Auditions received:
Caejones
DigitalBrute
Last edited by Azure on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Woah!! After all these years... are we finally going to get episode 5?! :shock: :shock:

I'm free tomorrow... maybe I would try to do some lines.

Maybe I'll try Gohan :roll:

Question: Do you "Saiyaman" to be pronounced like the original? Or the dub?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:34 pm

I'd say dub namely because we've been saying saiyan the American way the whole series.
I have been meaning to do it for ages, I was going to have it is a big sprawling epic...but have lacked the time. I then decided to start again with something a bit more modest. :D

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:52 pm

I take it back. I tried a lot, but my voice and acting are not good enough. :(
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

ThegreatPirateKing
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThegreatPirateKing » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:21 am

Oh, this is something i've been looking forward to for over a year! I've loved the previously dubbed episodes and can't wait to hear the fifth!

I wouldn't mind auditioning for one of these characters but since I don't think i'd be able to sound like the American actors all that well. But i'll try something and post whatever ending result I get.

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 am

That's fine as long as listeners hear you and say " That's Goku", " That's Ox King" etc then it's fine. :D

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:31 am

Maybe I'll try out for Pan (I currently have a cold x_x).

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:15 pm

I was starting to think the combination of apparent difficulties and the release of the manga version of this chapter had killed any chances of it. XD XD XD XD
But... I couldn't get myself to record any lines for Verto's project... :oops:

I think I'm just gonna... ... ... pretend the room I'm in has drapes and try to speed through it all until I get my nerves back. :D

(I think the mic I have here is dying from humidity. If I wind up getting stuff in / am picked for anything, I'll gladly rerecord in a better environment / with better equipment if necessary... ... or redo the auditions that way if desired. I don't really have many options there. Actually, I think I'll only have like one chance to do that between now and the eleventh... so yeah. *Scrambles* )

[edit] Ouch, I don't think I've ever had to fight my voice so much only to lose. My highvoice died pretty dang quickly, and to top it off my recording decided to magically stop only when I was doing lines for Oxking... I'll try to send in more when things recover, if that's ok (I'm totalling feeling the annoying teenager vibe from this post... Ehehehe... *runs off* ) [/edit]
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:06 am

Sorry for the doubleposting and such, but when I tried to open the link in the first post, I got a 404 error.

Actually, it appears that webanime.tk and voiceacting.co.uk/azure/ are both failing (ur, even though the former I think just references the latter... :? ).
End of month thing? Maybe? :?
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Some server/ DNs issues, it's effecting the main voiceacting.co.uk site too. hopefully it should sort itself out, auditions are carrying on though.

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:35 pm

OK it's back up including the episodes.