Mezase Cell Games: My First AMV

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Mezase Cell Games: My First AMV

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:56 pm

She doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but she conveys an message I wanted to express as best as I could. Essentially, "wouldn't it have been awesome if Mezase Tenka'ichi played during...the 'revival' of the Tenka'ichi Budôkai?'

Thus, fourty minutes on WMM using crappy rips. Whee.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Dunno how you did this, but next time you do publish a video in WMM, you don't have to publish it in widescreen format, just do it in regular High-Quality video, and youtube should make the video stretch out on it's own. :wink:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Big Momma wrote:Dunno how you did this, but next time you do publish a video in WMM, you don't have to publish it in widescreen format, just do it in regular High-Quality video, and youtube should make the video stretch out on it's own. :wink:
Yeah, it's weird. I just did the normal thing...and then it went on all screwy on me (I'm not the most technically minded for this sort of thing).
She/Her
bisexual milf

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:42 am

I feel compelled to point out that "Mezase Tenkaichi" is translated (in the Daizex music guide, anyway) as "Aim to Be the Greatest on Earth". "Aim to be the Cell Games"? :D . I remember something similar somewhere else... so it's not just this thread, and the concept is rather swift. ^^
</assish>
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:25 pm

caejones wrote:I feel compelled to point out that "Mezase Tenkaichi" is translated (in the Daizex music guide, anyway) as "Aim to Be the Greatest on Earth". "Aim to be the Cell Games"? :D . I remember something similar somewhere else... so it's not just this thread, and the concept is rather swift. ^^
</assish>
I thought it was "Strongest Under the Heavens"?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:38 am

Big Momma wrote:
caejones wrote:I feel compelled to point out that "Mezase Tenkaichi" is translated (in the Daizex music guide, anyway) as "Aim to Be the Greatest on Earth". "Aim to be the Cell Games"? :D . I remember something similar somewhere else... so it's not just this thread, and the concept is rather swift. ^^
</assish>
I thought it was "Strongest Under the Heavens"?
Well, yeah, Ten Ka Ichi = heaven-under-#1... but... urg... Julian and/or Mike did it?! :P
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

TheAmericanDream
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheAmericanDream » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Hey that was actually pretty good, the wide screen thing wasn't that big a problem for me personally. What'd be great if there was a moment of mostly silent fighting and have the song playing as in insert song. The Tenkaichi Song probably is my 2nd favorite insert song next to the one that plays for Gohan in the Cell games. Good job.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:35 pm

TheAmericanDream wrote:Hey that was actually pretty good, the wide screen thing wasn't that big a problem for me personally. What'd be great if there was a moment of mostly silent fighting and have the song playing as in insert song. The Tenkaichi Song probably is my 2nd favorite insert song next to the one that plays for Gohan in the Cell games. Good job.
My initial idea was to attempt to use it primarily as an 'insert song', but that would've been quite tedious, espicially working around the actual score.
She/Her
bisexual milf

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:31 am

Absolutely AWESOME. Seriously, this song does not get played enough, and about 99% of the fanbase has NO idea that it exists, which is a crying shame.

Kudos to you, Black Magician.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Good job, but I have one critique. I think you should've put in the actual audio from the show right at the end when Goku is firing the Kamehameha towards Cell. It just seemed like something was missing at the end, and I think that's what it was. That's just my opinion.

Other than that, it's pretty good for a first AMV. I hope to do my own AMV as well one day.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:Good job, but I have one critique. I think you should've put in the actual audio from the show right at the end when Goku is firing the Kamehameha towards Cell. It just seemed like something was missing at the end, and I think that's what it was. That's just my opinion.

Other than that, it's pretty good for a first AMV. I hope to do my own AMV as well one day.
I do not disagree. I would've loved to retain all of the dialogue, but that's not very easy on WMM (getting it to mix right, that is). If anyone has a good audio recording of Nozawa doing a quick KameHame-Ha, I'd love to look into editing that in.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:21 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I would've loved to retain all of the dialogue, but that's not very easy on WMM (getting it to mix right, that is).
That's what I figured. I would imagine that it would be pretty hard to mix the audio.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I would've loved to retain all of the dialogue, but that's not very easy on WMM (getting it to mix right, that is).
That's what I figured. I would imagine that it would be pretty hard to mix the audio.
Yeah, a few weeks ago (before I got my external hard drive and lost my first YouTube account) I was using WMM and the Japanese BGM to 'score' scenes from TFS's series and made a few clips I was REALLY proud of at how I managed to get the BGM to mix with the footage, but that all went belly up because I didn't have the space to store the clips on my and I thought they'd be safe on YouTube...

...oh, how I miss those clips so much. I spent hours working on them...
She/Her
bisexual milf